Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Microsoft

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2013, 01:22 PM   #876
Iceman
Infinity War!

Default Re: The Xbox One - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrainedEyes View Post
Just using it. Scrolling through the lists can be really sluggish on the 360.

Not to mention that in order to get an episode list for a show, you have to start an episode. That was a really bad change they made when they updated the 360 app and they never fixed it.
I see. Not really tried doing too much myself as I've only watched one series and resumed from last point of watching every time. They have to fix this kind of stuff if they want to be attractive for TV guys though. Maybe the Kinect voice tech will make all this redundant in XB1, hopefully anyway.

Old 10-14-2013, 02:34 PM   #877
Travesty
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrainedEyes View Post
Just using it. Scrolling through the lists can be really sluggish on the 360.

Not to mention that in order to get an episode list for a show, you have to start an episode. That was a really bad change they made when they updated the 360 app and they never fixed it.
Exactly. And it's not just Netflix, it's how all their video apps work. One thing I truly hate about the 360 Netflix, is if you go to your library, and you want to go to your last movie in you list, you have to scroll through the entire list to get to the last spot. You can't just start at your first movie, and then press left. You have to scroll all the friggin way to the right.

Old 10-14-2013, 04:06 PM   #878
zenith16
Side-Kick

this was pu up over the week end

Spencer: Xbox One, PC cross-platform play 'makes a lot of sense'

(2 days ago)

Microsoft Studios VP Phil Spencer thinks cross-platform play between Xbox One and PC "makes a lot of sense." In an interview with AusGamers, Spencer said a "connected ecosystem" across a wide range of devices is where he sees "the future of gaming."

"I'm not allowed to leak things," Spencer told AusGamers. "But I think what you're talking about makes a lot of sense." Spencer pointed to Shadowrun, a cross-platform multiplayer game that launched on the Xbox 360 and PC in 2007, as something that Microsoft "learnt a lot from" despite its inability to find financial success.

"This connected ecosystem across all the different devices is definitely where I think the future of gaming is going," Spencer elaborated, bringing up multi-platform game Skulls of the Shogun and the Halo 4 rewards players can earn by playing Halo: Spartan Assault as prime examples. "You don't have to do it as a developer, but you have the capability and I think a system like Xbox Live across all those screens where you know who someone is and who their friends are, what their Achievements are and their progression is really critical to that."

The Xbox One launches in 13 different markets on November 22. The console includes an improved Kinect, headset for voice chat, HDMI cable and a redesigned controller. All who pre-order the special Day One bundle in Europe, available for the same price, will net a free copy of FIFA 14 or Forza Motorsport 5.

and more currently

Cross-platform play between PC and Xbox One “makes a lot of sense,” says Microsoft exec

9 Comments
at 11:30pm October 14 2013
Microsoft’s investment in PC gaming has felt half-hearted over the past several years. It locked Halo 2 and Gears of Wars into the now waning Games for Windows Live ecosystem, and it’s become abundantly clear that Microsoft is leaving video games up to the Xbox division. However, a recent interview between Microsoft and AusGamers reveals that Corporate Vice President of Microsoft Studios Phil Spencer is open to the idea of cross platform play between the Xbox One and PCs.

Last edited by zenith16; 10-14-2013 at 06:06 PM.
Old 10-15-2013, 10:49 AM   #879
The Squirrel
Le Rongeur

That would be cool. It's a shame they never got that to work with the 360.

Old 10-15-2013, 11:23 AM   #880
Iceman
Infinity War!

As an XBox gamer, playing against pc gamers is not something I'd put as a priority (getting my ass kicked by mouse & keyboard controls) in the list of things I want. As a (relatively new) pc gamer though it would be great to play co-op or join parties with XBox buddies.

Old 10-15-2013, 11:56 AM   #881
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

And Watch Dogs was the only pre-orderded Xbone game I had... Hmmmm

Old 10-15-2013, 05:38 PM   #882
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolvieboy17 View Post
And Watch Dogs was the only pre-orderded Xbone game I had... Hmmmm
I had 3, Watchdog, Assassins Creed IV and Battlefield 4 but it was WD that i felt was most "next gen". The only bright side is the delay allows me to snag NBA 2K14, which i really want.

Old 10-16-2013, 01:05 AM   #883
zenith16
Side-Kick

New Xbox One Video Details Cloud Computing, SmartGlass, and Kinect Features

News
on Oct 15, 2013 at 06:50 PM

Microsoft has promised a lot with the Xbox One, and this new video give us a good look at some of the console's new features.
... More

source: GI

Last edited by zenith16; 10-16-2013 at 04:24 PM.
Old 10-17-2013, 03:58 AM   #884
KingKane88
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_D202 View Post
Why...WHY IS IT SO PUG FUGLY?!!!

Whoever came up with that design should just resign.

Design Team: "Okay we'll make it into a regular box except we'll have half glossy black and the other matte black. Boom."

Microsoft:
"...genius."

lol It's def not the sexiest looking machine, but I'll deal with it. The design was based around the cooling system (did you see the size of the fan in this thing?! It's MASSIVE!!!), the last thing we need is a RROD scenario again, I am literally on my 8th 360 due to the first couple years of the red ring haunting me.

I have 2 Xbox One's PreOrdered (one at Amazon and one at Best Buy) looking forward to KI the most. Waiting on a PS4 until "The Order: 1886" comes out 1st quarter 2014.

"But there is nothing wrong with making a film about him a bit edgier and less corny."
Old 10-17-2013, 08:46 AM   #885
Midnyte_Sun
Medianoche de Sol

It's still one fugly design. And if that fan is as big as you say it is, I really hope it doesn't roar and get annoying.

Update: The Design was built around two factors: Longevity and Low Noise. They claim the XBOX1 was designed to run for 10 years continuously.

This link shows the XB1 from the inside and reasoning behind the fugliness:

http://asia.cnet.com/microsoft-xbox-...y-62221974.htm

Last edited by Midnyte_Sun; 10-17-2013 at 08:54 AM.
Old 10-17-2013, 08:52 AM   #886
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtherMagic View Post
Waiting on a PS4 until "The Order: 1886" comes out 1st quarter 2014.
That game is not coming in Q1. I think right now June is the early estimate but realistically it could be later than that. I definetly don't see it here by March

Old 10-17-2013, 09:53 AM   #887
Benstamania
Go away.

CBoats is back at Neogaf with some more info..

Quote:
"By the way, I hope you aren't fans of 1080p on Xbox One. When the hardware is out in the wild you will see what I meant about issues. Up-clocks too. Risk is everywhere at the moment, this place is nuts. A 2014 release was a better plan."

and

"I never mentioned Forza not being 1080p.

They should be able to make it. But, exception and not the rule though. Through this gen, never mind trying to match eyecandy. Thanks to the ESRAM, 720p-900p will be the norm on the XOne.

You watch.

You just watch."

Old 10-17-2013, 09:57 AM   #888
Benstamania
Go away.

Some, outside of Neogaf, don't trust him after E3 but The only thing he really got wrong was the PS4 release date, which he admitted he wasn't a Sony insider. He said Mirror's Edge 2 was going to be announced at MS keynote, but it was EA's. He said Prince of Persia was going to be announced, but it was apparently pulled, but Ubisoft has a similar game in dev. He leaked the yield issues, xbone games being downgraded, and xbone not having indie titles. He even leaked stuff for X360 back in the day, before it was released.

Anything he says should be heeded, he works for M$, no doubt as a higher-up. The issues with his "predictions" (aka leaks) are that things can change in a moments notice, as well as misunderstandings, such as the Mirror's Edge reveal.

Old 10-17-2013, 10:02 AM   #889
Benstamania
Go away.

Here is a "non-exhaustive" list via someone at neogaf. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...postcount=1058

This is nothing that I'm promoting as doom and gloom.. I just visit (read.. Not post) at NG often.. Figured this was post worthy.

Old 10-17-2013, 10:29 AM   #890
The Squirrel
Le Rongeur

If this stuff is true I wonder if Microsoft will make improvements on a future model.

Old 10-17-2013, 10:35 AM   #891
Havok83
Side-Kick

of course they will

Old 10-17-2013, 11:36 AM   #892
Iceman
Infinity War!

Isn't this CBOAT the same guy who said XB1 was going to have a digital marketplace where you can sell back all your digital titles?

Old 10-17-2013, 11:54 AM   #893
Tron Bonne
All Ass, No Sass

Yeah, CBOAT does get stuff wrong from time to time, but he (she?) has by far been one of the most accurate insiders that's popped up.

"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days.
Old 10-17-2013, 12:28 PM   #894
Iceman
Infinity War!

Oh I wasn't commenting on his accuracy; I'm saying I want that didigtal marketplace! And if he's usually right about Microsoft stuff maybe there's a chance that he's right about that.

Old 10-17-2013, 12:45 PM   #895
Benstamania
Go away.

I fully expect Xbone to be fully ready on their "slim" model. A few of my buddies that came back from GS conference all said "it's just not ready."

CBoats isn't always 100% correct but he's (she) is often 98% correct. Like I said, he's proved before that he's a bit of a higher up in MS game division.. So.. I tend to believe whatever he says. I've been following what he has to say since before the 360. He has an impressive track record.

Old 10-17-2013, 01:01 PM   #896
The Squirrel
Le Rongeur

Even in a slim model though, are they going to be able to improve the graphical problems without changing all their software?

Old 10-17-2013, 01:05 PM   #897
X Knight
Hope

there's a slim X1 model??

Old 10-17-2013, 09:37 PM   #898
louiebling$
Just Chucking with you

So I am having so much trouble deciding on what game I'm pre-ordering

I want BF4 but I've already pre-ordered Destiny and Titanfall and I don't want to have that many FPS' but it looks that Damn good and I had fun with the beta

RYSE looks fun but I have a feeling it might get too repetitive and also I was kinda hoping for more than wave based mutliplayer but at the same time it looks like a fun game

I don't play sports games and Dead Rising (while looks great) might be fun for a while but I have a feeling it might just end up being same ol DR after a while much like it's predecessors

Ugh I can't make a decision

"I have had a dream all my life and it was not this good." -Joss Whedon
Old 10-18-2013, 05:23 AM   #899
Benstamania
Go away.

I'd stay away from Rise, two guys I know that played it didn't have good things to say about it.

Old 10-18-2013, 06:04 AM   #900
Kryptonian Warrior
The Dawn Is Upon Us

Well Destiny and Titanfall don't come out until next year anyways. Battlefield 4 is not a bad option. I'm getting Dead Rising 3, Forza 5 and COD: Ghosts for XBONE. 3 other games for the PS4. My wallet is going to be hurting badly next month!

http://www.blu-ray.com/community/col...n.php?u=230251
Closed Thread