Default Re: The All Things Flash Thread. - Part 1

Micromind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:18 PM   #705
TheRedWraith
DCEU Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMCAABY View Post
The CW show had nothing really close to the events of the actual flashpoint story. I want to see that in live action. I want to see a different looking Jason Momoa Aquaman fighting a more different looking Gal Gadot Wonder Woman. I want to see Thomas Wayne Batman and skinny Henry Cavill.
I really want to see that too, specifically JDM Batman and Skinny Superman as I am sure Henry could really rock the pathos that Flashpoint Superman carries, while still keeping Barry very much the principle character of the movie. Optimally I'd like to see them spend 20 to 40 minutes fleshing out and showing his normal life in the beginning, then Thawne or however he is given the impetus to travel back happens and the rest up until the finish is pure flashpoint goodness.

As far as Thawne goes I'd like to see him in the movie in a limited role as a mysterious specter haunting Barry saving him being the full force antagonist for a later movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneFan View Post
There are many times where I bite my tongue on these forums. Most of the time, engaging in a back and forth simply isn't worth the effort.

Last edited by TheRedWraith; Yesterday at 10:24 PM.
TheRedWraith is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:52 PM   #706
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

I think we should really temper the expectation that this will be a story loyal to the details, large and small, to what the original FLASHPOINT series in comics was. I'm not sure we can count on the inclusion of Thomas Wayne, skinny Supes or even Thawne.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.

http://www.tobecontinuedafanboypodcast.com/ AVAILABLE ON ITUNES. New Episode: SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING SPOILER REVIEW DISCUSSION .
KRYPTON INC. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:07 PM   #707
TheRedWraith
DCEU Fan

I prefer to reach for the stars, worst case scenario I'm a little disappointed sometimes but I can get over that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneFan View Post
There are many times where I bite my tongue on these forums. Most of the time, engaging in a back and forth simply isn't worth the effort.
TheRedWraith is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:08 PM   #708
Astro13Zombie
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
I think we should really temper the expectation that this will be a story loyal to the details, large and small, to what the original FLASHPOINT series in comics was. I'm not sure we can count on the inclusion of Thomas Wayne, skinny Supes or even Thawne.
My hopes are up, Krypt
THEY'RE OFF THE CHARTS

Astro13Zombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:23 PM   #709
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Let's just remember how game changing and radical FLASHPOINT on the CW was supposed to be. The fans went crazy with the theories then too is all I am saying.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.

http://www.tobecontinuedafanboypodcast.com/ AVAILABLE ON ITUNES. New Episode: SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING SPOILER REVIEW DISCUSSION .
Old Yesterday, 11:28 PM   #710
Paradox1
Side-Kick

Flashpoint was game changing for D.C. Universe but it's not a great story for Barry Allen. First and foremost this movie will need to serve the character of Barry. I don't know how they will adapt it but it's gonna be a different story which will touch on some key plot points.

Old Yesterday, 11:37 PM   #711
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

I think there's also a lot that's up in the air just from waiting to see the reaction to JL and Barry in it. What will the audience gravitate to most? Are there seeds to his film that were kept in the finished JL film which will be explored in FLASH POINT?

Old Yesterday, 11:46 PM   #712
Astro13Zombie
Side-Kick

Quote:
Let's just remember how game changing and radical FLASHPOINT on the CW was supposed to be. The fans went crazy with the theories then too is all I am saying.
that was a bad time

Astro13Zombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:54 AM   #713
Greenlite
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradox1 View Post
Flashpoint was game changing for D.C. Universe but it's not a great story for Barry Allen. First and foremost this movie will need to serve the character of Barry. I don't know how they will adapt it but it's gonna be a different story which will touch on some key plot points.
I would focus on an overconfident Barry haunted by nightmares of his mother's murder, and waking up seeing his mom and dad alive but world gone mad.

Then working with Thomas Wayne and Cyborg to crack the case, and do the "right" thing to restore the timeline.

You get
-Barry's emotional ride with his parents.
-time travel
-a detective story (for GA anyway)
-a JDM Batman, and emotional scenes with him and eventually Bruce.
-support/cameos from Vic, Arthur and Gal (who=$$$ right now)

This would have heart, action, mystery, fun and team up elements.

I suspect WB thinks Flash needs 200M+ due to visual effects, so they should do one of his biggest stories and give him support from popular stars, to ensure a 700M+ box office finish.

IMO

Quote:
I think there's also a lot that's up in the air just from waiting to see the reaction to JL and Barry in it. What will the audience gravitate to most? Are there seeds to his film that were kept in the finished JL film which will be explored in FLASH POINT?
There's one where Barry's talking to his dad in prison, if they keep it. That's like RF's existence confirmed

Old Today, 08:08 AM   #714
Tg11
Side-Kick

I wonder who the villain will be then if it is Flashpoint

Tg11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:46 AM   #715
Paradox1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenlite View Post
I would focus on an overconfident Barry haunted by nightmares of his mother's murder, and waking up seeing his mom and dad alive but world gone mad.

Then working with Thomas Wayne and Cyborg to crack the case, and do the "right" thing to restore the timeline.

You get
-Barry's emotional ride with his parents.
-time travel
-a detective story (for GA anyway)
-a JDM Batman, and emotional scenes with him and eventually Bruce.
-support/cameos from Vic, Arthur and Gal (who=$$$ right now)

This would have heart, action, mystery, fun and team up elements.

I suspect WB thinks Flash needs 200M+ due to visual effects, so they should do one of his biggest stories and give him support from popular stars, to ensure a 700M+ box office finish.

IMO

There's one where Barry's talking to his dad in prison, if they keep it. That's like RF's existence confirmed
I agree that Flash has to be visually spectacular because the existence of the show. Your guess on how to adapt Flashpoint is as good as mine. Personally I think the story is too big for a two hour film.

Old Today, 10:03 AM   #716
Milk Tray Guy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradox1 View Post
I agree that Flash has to be visually spectacular because the existence of the show. Your guess on how to adapt Flashpoint is as good as mine. Personally I think the story is too big for a two hour film.
For a faithful full-on adaptation? I agree. Especially if they're going to delve into the Thomas-Batman/Martha-Joker storyline which some people are hoping for - and do it justice (Martha-Joker didn't appear in the core Flashpoint story, only in the separate Batman tie-in).

Edit: Although if they did include Martha-Joker it'd be interesting to see their movie Joker based on a comic book Joker, visually inspired by a movie Joker.

"You won't kill me out of some misplaced sense of self-righteousness. And I won't kill you, because you're just too much fun. I think you and I are destined to do this forever." Joker - The Dark Knight

Last edited by Milk Tray Guy; Today at 10:26 AM.
Milk Tray Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:29 PM   #717
Barry Parker
Jeffrey Wright 4 Doc Ock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
I wonder who the villain will be then if it is Flashpoint
Reverse Flash

Barry Parker is offline   Reply With Quote