The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Politics

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2012, 11:36 PM   #301
Paradoxium
Making Your Head Explode

Default Re: The President Obama Thread: "Re-Election!" Edition

So let me get this straight. The married mistress with two kids, spazzes out at a woman who might be a sexual threat... to the married man she is cheating with.

OMGWTFBBQ logic.

Old 11-11-2012, 01:44 AM   #302
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

I think this speaks to the power of social media. Mitt Romney's Youtube channel video views were less than 10% of the video views that President Obama's Youtube channel recieved. It's like Republicans currently just suck at actively using social media to connect and motivate voters.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Last edited by Smashlilman; 11-11-2012 at 01:58 AM.
Old 11-11-2012, 02:31 AM   #303
Schlosser85
Watchful Protector
SHH! Global Moderator

Obama is definitely perceived as more "cool" than Romney (or Republicans in general).

Also, a lot of young people, even young Republicans, are liberal on social issues like gay rights, abortion rights, etc., and a candidate who doesn't support equal rights for their gay friends is a turn-off.

To put it another (if simplistic) way: "opposition to gay rights is so 1955!"

Movie Review Site:

H.E.
Old 11-11-2012, 02:58 AM   #304
chaseter
What? Hm. Well...WOW

Obama only supported gay marriage this year. He only did so because he wanted votes. It would have been part of his presidency the first 3 years had he been an actual supporter of gay rights.

Also, Obama has way more youtube views because he is more popular with the younger crowd. Old people don't surf youtube.

"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."
And that is how Uncle Ben dies.
Old 11-11-2012, 03:02 AM   #305
Schlosser85
Watchful Protector
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Obama only supported gay marriage this year. He only did so because he wanted votes. It would have been part of his presidency the first 3 years had he been an actual supporter of gay rights.
I'm more inclined to think he's closet supported gay marriage all along and only finally admitted it because he decided it was politically advantageous (or because Biden gave him a shove).

Movie Review Site:

H.E.
Old 11-11-2012, 03:04 AM   #306
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaseter View Post

Also, Obama has way more youtube views because he is more popular with the younger crowd. Old people don't surf youtube.
Alan Keyes and Barack Obama speak about homosexuality

I think he supported gay marriage because he new he was likely to win and if he won with gay marriage on the ballot the position of supporting gay marriage would be legitimized. Before he wanted Civil Unions to be Equal to Traditional marriage. The gay people around him turned him on the issue by saying separate but equal isn't right.

Quote:

Exactly

It's only gonna get worse as time passes.

Last edited by Smashlilman; 11-11-2012 at 03:16 AM.
Old 11-11-2012, 03:04 AM   #307
chaseter
What? Hm. Well...WOW

I don't give him that benefit of the doubt. Dude sat in Jeremiah's pew for years.

"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."
Old 11-11-2012, 03:08 AM   #308
chaseter
What? Hm. Well...WOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashlilman View Post
Alan Keyes and Barack Obama speak about homosexuality
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barack Obama
What I believe is that marriage is between a man and a woman.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barack Obama
I don't think marriage is a civil right.
You can go visit your partner in the hospital and if they die, you can have their property...but you can't get married.

Old 11-11-2012, 03:13 AM   #309
Schlosser85
Watchful Protector
SHH! Global Moderator

He's also making a face like he's sucking on something sour during Keyes' incoherent pseudo black preacher rambling.

I don't think Barry O cared much one way or another about gay marriage, just as I don't believe Dubya cares about gay marriage or abortion.

Movie Review Site:

H.E.
Old 11-11-2012, 03:23 AM   #310
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

Quote:
I don't give him that benefit of the doubt. Dude sat in Jeremiah's pew for years.
So did Tamron Hall and Oprah Winfrey. They must be terrible people too.

MSNBC Anchor: "I Used To Go To Rev. Wright's Church"

Oprah comments on Obama's Pastor

Old 11-11-2012, 03:26 AM   #311
chaseter
What? Hm. Well...WOW

Nice try to build up a straw man.

And also thank you for proving my point with video evidence. You did all the work for me.

Old 11-11-2012, 03:55 AM   #312
SV Fan
Side-Kick

Quote:
I never got what was so wrong with Wright's comments if taken in context. Basically he was saying the the war on drugs is a bunch of crap, maybe he didn't word it so nicely and was a little over theatrical about it, but he is right the war on drugs is a pile of crap

Last edited by SV Fan; 11-11-2012 at 04:03 AM.
Old 11-11-2012, 04:50 AM   #313
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV Fan View Post
I never got what was so wrong with Wright's comments if taken in context. Basically he was saying the the war on drugs is a bunch of crap, maybe he didn't word it so nicely and was a little over theatrical about it, but he is right the war on drugs is a pile of crap
No one cares about actual context only perceived context. That's the way Political correctness works. It cuts both ways.

Old 11-11-2012, 06:39 AM   #314
Kelly
#RESIST
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV Fan View Post
Hmmmm, I think there was more in his sermons than that....lol, and he has certainly said more in interviews than that....

But I saw Obama in his church far more for political purposes than actually agreeing with everything the man said...he needed "street cred" in Chicago, for lack of a better term.....and he got it with Jeremiah Wright.

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase.
~Martin Luther King Jr.~
Old 11-11-2012, 07:31 AM   #315
Fading
>:(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning Strykez! View Post
No, no, don't encourage that kind of talk with your green laughy smiley. Let Beck stay in the hole he crawled under when he left Fox. In fact, let's toss Hannity, Limbaugh, Matthews, Ed Shultz, and Bill Maher in with him.

Though...I guess we could set up a few secret cameras and sell the carnage as a reality TV show. My bet is Shultz, and Limbaugh finally agree on bi-partisanship, and eat Matthews and Hannity first.

Old 11-11-2012, 01:44 PM   #316
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User

Quote:

While Obama wasn't necessarily a big fan of gay marriage, he was vocally supportive of civil unions, and gay couples receiving the same rights and benefits as married heterosexual couples. He was just against the term "marriage" for homosexuals, but he was not against gay rights.

Old 11-11-2012, 01:58 PM   #317
SV Fan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell2ThaIzzay View Post
While Obama wasn't necessarily a big fan of gay marriage
Wait a minute I thought Obama was secretly gay himself. lol

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1877990.html

Jerome Corsi, Tea Party Activist, Reports Obama Is Gay And Familiar With Chicago's Bathhouse Scene

Old 11-11-2012, 05:56 PM   #318
DACrowe
Side-Kick

Quote:

I won't deny he waited until the election year where they knew gays would be a big donor to the campaign to come out in support of gay marriage. However, I would not accuse him of being unsupportive of gay rights considering he did repeal Don't Ask Don't Tell, allows gays to visit their partners in the hospital and has curiously ended defense of DOMA in the court system.

I will be surprised though if he does anything in this term to further support gay marriage unless it goes to the Supreme Court in the next four years.

--John Adams
Old 11-11-2012, 05:59 PM   #319
chaseter
What? Hm. Well...WOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell2ThaIzzay View Post
While Obama wasn't necessarily a big fan of gay marriage, he was vocally supportive of civil unions, and gay couples receiving the same rights and benefits as married heterosexual couples. He was just against the term "marriage" for homosexuals, but he was not against gay rights.
Civil union =/= marriage.

I have no idea why some of you defend the man for this. If it's some Republican candidate, then they are gay bashers. Civil Unions are a disgrace to human rights. It's separate but equal BS that shouldn't even be part of the dialogue of this nation post 60s. Instead, gays have to fight for basic human rights like blacks did in the 60s. I can't begin to see the hypocrisy of a black man, albeit half black, sitting there and saying that his religion is the reason why he doesn't believe gays should be able to get married. All of you should be ashamed for lining up behind his stance on this issue and applauding him for saying that gays should be able to transfer property or visit partners in the hospital. NO. Gays should have every friggin' right that heterosexuals have. It's a black and white issue, pun intended. There are no shades of grey here.

Not too long ago, a black man couldn't marry a white woman. If that were still true today, would any of you be supporting that stance if the DNC candidate said that they could have civil unions and have almost every right two whites that marry have? This is such a joke. Again, some of you should be ashamed of yourselves...eating up the BS political tripe the left feed you. A gay couple can't get married but I believe that they should have almost the same amount of rights that two heterosexuals have. HOORAY OBAMA! He's such an advocate for gay rights!!! He sure gets my vote!

Last edited by chaseter; 11-11-2012 at 06:04 PM.
Old 11-11-2012, 06:17 PM   #320
bored
One Sexy Lemur

Times like this I remember why I usually cast off my obsessive love of partisan politics when I'm on the Hype.

No POTUS has come close to being as supportive of gay rights as Obama. Not happy because everything possible hasn't happened? Congrats, find another viable candidate who will actually commit to doing more.

Whine about the timelines all you want, in one term he still expanded all the rights you list, pushed the repeal of DADT, and stopped defending DOMA. As Mr. Biden would say, that's a big f'ing deal.

Old 11-11-2012, 06:40 PM   #321
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User

Quote:
Civil union =/= marriage.

I have no idea why some of you defend the man for this. If it's some Republican candidate, then they are gay bashers. Civil Unions are a disgrace to human rights. It's separate but equal BS that shouldn't even be part of the dialogue of this nation post 60s. Instead, gays have to fight for basic human rights like blacks did in the 60s. I can't begin to see the hypocrisy of a black man, albeit half black, sitting there and saying that his religion is the reason why he doesn't believe gays should be able to get married. All of you should be ashamed for lining up behind his stance on this issue and applauding him for saying that gays should be able to transfer property or visit partners in the hospital. NO. Gays should have every friggin' right that heterosexuals have. It's a black and white issue, pun intended. There are no shades of grey here.

Not too long ago, a black man couldn't marry a white woman. If that were still true today, would any of you be supporting that stance if the DNC candidate said that they could have civil unions and have almost every right two whites that marry have? This is such a joke. Again, some of you should be ashamed of yourselves...eating up the BS political tripe the left feed you. A gay couple can't get married but I believe that they should have almost the same amount of rights that two heterosexuals have. HOORAY OBAMA! He's such an advocate for gay rights!!! He sure gets my vote!
What are you ranting about?? Calm down, take a deep breath, and relax.

Nobody said "civil union = marriage", but you did make the claim that Obama is anti gay rights, which is wrong. He might not have been in full support of gay marriage at one point but he was still in favor of gay rights.

And for the record, if it is between a Democrat who is at least vocally in favor of civil unions, or a Republican who is anti gay through and through, I'll take the Democrat who is at least putting us on the right path, even if he himself isn't getting us to the destination.

It's not like there's a Republican candidate out there that had full on support for gay marriage, and we voted for Obama's civil unions and were like "w00t!!! Gay rights!!!!"

You wanna make the race comparison, what you're getting mad about would be like voting against freeing the slaves because it still didn't make them equal to whites, so instead you vote for the people that want to keep the slaves.

I want gays to have equal marriage rights that I do, but when its between Obama supporting civil unions and gays at least being able to have the same economical rights as I do, or a party that doesn't even want gays to have that because their bible tells them that gays are evil and abominations, well yea, Obama is gonna get my vote on the marriage equality issue.

Obama's policies might not get us to the end goal, but they at least put us on the path to getting there.

Last edited by Nell2ThaIzzay; 11-11-2012 at 06:50 PM.
Old 11-11-2012, 06:48 PM   #322
chaseter
What? Hm. Well...WOW

I don't know how you turned my original comment of gay marriage into gay rights. You see that Obama doesn't support gay marriage and then throw out crap like he supports civil unions so he's a good guy. Obama does not support gay marriage. Everything under that is subservient. He supports it this year because he needed votes. He's a hypocrite when it comes to this issue. Until gays can legally marry in all 50 states, they are second class citizens. That's the end of that discussion. If you want to applaud Obama for giving them more rights but not as many as the majority of the rest of the country enjoys then more power to you if that helps you sleep.

Old 11-11-2012, 07:06 PM   #323
Motown Marvel
Crimson and Clover

I feel like Obama always supported gay marriage, but originally spoke against for political reasons, and now speaks for it because it politically acceptable. That's the impression I got.

Old 11-11-2012, 07:07 PM   #324
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User

Keep up your incoherent rants for the sake of ranting and being a contrarian (I've noticed this trend of yours on various subjects), I do support what Obama has done, because it sets us on the right path towards gays getting full marriage equality. I support Obama over the party that truly does want to make them second class citizens, and keep them there. You can keep ranting all you want and sticking your fingers in your ears if that makes you feel better, but I do applaud Obama for his stance in a time when nobody else is coming close.

Old 11-11-2012, 07:07 PM   #325
AndrewGilkison
Side-Kick

Quote:
I don't know how you turned my original comment of gay marriage into gay rights. You see that Obama doesn't support gay marriage and then throw out crap like he supports civil unions so he's a good guy. Obama does not support gay marriage. Everything under that is subservient. He supports it this year because he needed votes. He's a hypocrite when it comes to this issue. Until gays can legally marry in all 50 states, they are second class citizens. That's the end of that discussion. If you want to applaud Obama for giving them more rights but not as many as the majority of the rest of the country enjoys then more power to you if that helps you sleep.
And you think Obama alone can change that at the snap of his fingers? Or any President for that matter?

Closed Thread