The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Age of Ultron

Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2014, 11:52 PM   #101
cph9fa
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kosh33 View Post
http://www.dramafever.com/news/korea...age-of-ultron/

finally some news.. korean actress playing secret character
"a substantial supporting role" -- is there anyone in this film whose role isn't substantial?

Old 03-07-2014, 12:00 AM   #102
marvel_freshman
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5

Someone on CBM suggested Monica Chang

The actress was seen practicing shooting in January, around the time she was first mentioned to be in Avengers 2.

Old 03-07-2014, 12:03 AM   #103
Dr. Evil
Side-Kick

Since she's also known as Claudia Kim, I think we should just call her that instead of "Korean Actress" or Kim Soo Hyun (to avoid confusion to the Korean actor of the same name).

Old 03-07-2014, 12:07 AM   #104
Dr. Evil
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvel_freshman View Post

The actress was seen practicing shooting in January, around the time she was first mentioned to be in Avengers 2.
Well Chang is a SHIELD Agent and those without powers usually carry guns.

Old 03-07-2014, 12:09 AM   #105
Dr. Evil
Side-Kick

Other names via CBM: Madame Hydra, Jocasta, Tigra or Mantis

Old 03-07-2014, 12:18 AM   #106
kosh33
MCU Fanatic

would being monica chang require so much secrecy?

Old 03-07-2014, 12:40 AM   #107
Raiden
Hela Good

Quote:
http://www.dramafever.com/news/korea...age-of-ultron/

finally some news.. korean actress playing secret character
Is there any Asian heroine in the Avengers? Or maybe they cast her as Spider-Woman.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America

RIP Vartha
Old 03-07-2014, 12:45 AM   #108
marcvader
Lurker #1
SHH! Global Moderator

Mantis always looked asian to me but i really doubt that's who she would be.

Twitter- @mrpink13
Old 03-07-2014, 12:49 AM   #109
Dr. Evil
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
Is there any Asian heroine in the Avengers? Or maybe they cast her as Spider-Woman.
Wasp (Ultimates Version) and Mantis.

Old 03-07-2014, 12:50 AM   #110
Dr. Evil
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcvader View Post
Mantis always looked asian to me but i really doubt that's who she would be.
Mantis could end up being Skye, especially after this week's episode.

Old 03-07-2014, 12:51 AM   #111
Raiden
Hela Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
Wasp (Ultimates Version) and Mantis.
Well, Lilly in Ant-Man might be Janet Pym, so I guess that leaves Mantis.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America

RIP Vartha
Old 03-07-2014, 12:52 AM   #112
Dr. Evil
Side-Kick

Quote:
would being monica chang require so much secrecy?
No but Wasp would.

Old 03-07-2014, 12:56 AM   #113
Son of Coul
Not 100% A Dick

Just like J. August Richards' top secret role in the SHIELD pilot eventually proved to be "some guy".*

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
*I know he's Deathlok now, but at the time it was kept on the DL that his name was Mike Peters or whatever - that was the reveal after its initial build-up.

Last edited by Son of Coul; 03-07-2014 at 01:00 AM.
Old 03-07-2014, 01:00 AM   #114
Dr. Evil
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by cph9fa View Post
"a substantial supporting role" -- is there anyone in this film whose role isn't substantial?
It could be substantial now that Scar Jo is going to be out when she's done shooting her scenes. Unless they shoot the final battle scene during the Scar Jo fast tracks next month or they CGI her face to her stunt doubles body during the final battle, SW will be the only female Avenger, which is the same as in the first movie. Sharon Carter is not in this one.

Out of all of the female Avengers I want to see in an MCU movie that we have not seen yet, Wasp, Spectrum and Captain Marvel are the only ones I want to see.

Old 03-07-2014, 01:03 AM   #115
Dr. Evil
Side-Kick

Quote:

Now that I look back at it, if Monica Chang ever appears in the MCU, it'll be on Agents of SHIELD.

Old 03-07-2014, 01:23 AM   #116
universeman
Side-Kick

I hope in A3 we get Wasp, Ms. Marvel and She-Hulk!

Old 03-07-2014, 02:09 AM   #117
Loki882
Side-Kick

My first thought was that she could be playing Madame Hydra.

Old 03-07-2014, 02:15 AM   #118
universeman
Side-Kick

Well whoever she is playing at least we got some new news which I'm glad of

Old 03-07-2014, 03:57 AM   #119
kosh33
MCU Fanatic

secret identity implies probably someone central to the plot or connected to someone they havent revealed yet.. wasp would be good, but i dont know anything about her acting to suggest whether it would work or not

Old 03-07-2014, 04:08 AM   #120
Chewy
REDACTED

Quote:

So that's how they're gonna deal with ScarJo's pregnancy

Old 03-07-2014, 04:15 AM   #121
kosh33
MCU Fanatic

she is doing the scarlett johansson mo-cap

Old 03-07-2014, 04:56 AM   #122
universeman
Side-Kick

That could work only time will tell

Old 03-07-2014, 07:34 AM   #123
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

The only roles that I can guess at that would require secrecy would be Madam Hydra (since Marvel still hasn't officially released that "spoiler" from CATWS yet, even though by now it's the worst kept "secret" in MCU history), or an Asian Janet Van Dyne (a la the Ultimates). Since Evangeline Lilly's character in Ant-Man seems more likely to be Janet, though, I'd bet on Madam Hydra (aka "Madam NOT Viper, Since Fox Has the Rights to That Name and Already Screwed Up Her Character Over There." Such a long name. Why the long name?)

Plus, Madam Hydra makes sense based on Von Strucker being in this movie.

Also, regarding the earlier rumor about this actress' identity:

The earliest report said that she'd be playing a doctor to Tony Stark, and would be involved with the creation of Ultron himself. I think she'll be portraying a seemingly good doctor who helps Tony "implant" Extremis armor into his body and brain --- the Extremis armor literally exists *inside* Tony. That Extremis armor later gets controlled by Ultron, who is quite literally a virus who takes over Tony Stark's body and hacks into his brain.

This is pretty much the whole premise of the earliest Mighty Avengers story arc, where Ultron took over Iron Man. I've been advancing this theory for months now, yeah, but I think this Korean actress gives this theory a lot more weight; especially if her secret character turns out to be Madam Hydra.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 03-07-2014, 09:37 AM   #124
SpideyFan866
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post

Also, regarding the earlier rumor about this actress' identity:

The earliest report said that she'd be playing a doctor to Tony Stark, and would be involved with the creation of Ultron himself. I think she'll be portraying a seemingly good doctor who helps Tony "implant" Extremis armor into his body and brain --- the Extremis armor literally exists *inside* Tony. That Extremis armor later gets controlled by Ultron, who is quite literally a virus who takes over Tony Stark's body and hacks into his brain.

This is pretty much the whole premise of the earliest Mighty Avengers story arc, where Ultron took over Iron Man. I've been advancing this theory for months now, yeah, but I think this Korean actress gives this theory a lot more weight; especially if her secret character turns out to be Madam Hydra.

That would make some sense. The character she's playing could be filling the role Maya Hansen played in the comics, in regards to Tony injecting himself with a modified version of Extremis.

Also, another character she could be playing is Hurricane. Hurricane is a Korean villain who was a part of 'The Liberators', the Ultimate Comics version of 'The Masters of Evil'. She possessed super speed and faced off against Quicksilver, who killed her by holding her and ran so fast she disintegrated.

Last edited by SpideyFan866; 03-07-2014 at 09:41 AM.
Old 03-07-2014, 09:51 AM   #125
ThePowerCosmic
"No."

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post

That would make some sense. The character she's playing could be filling the role Maya Hansen played in the comics, in regards to Tony injecting himself with a modified version of Extremis.

Also, another character she could be playing is Hurricane. Hurricane is a Korean villain who was a part of 'The Liberators', the Ultimate Comics version of 'The Masters of Evil'. She possessed super speed and faced off against Quicksilver, who killed her by holding her and ran so fast she disintegrated.
Hmmm...interesting, very interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post

I know, it bugged me out too!

Closed Thread