The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2013, 12:43 PM   #401
Suzanne78
Abs Without Fear

Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
Agreed! I'll take NCW in whatever Marvel role they want to give him.
I got so excited when I saw his name attached to CA:TWS... but then alas, no go.

I'm really hoping Marvel has something else up their sleeve for him. Villain or hero, I need Jamie Lannister in the MCU. But I can't read Avengers Academy or Tim Seeley's most recent Ant-Man and Wasp mini without picturing NCW as Hank. He could so do justice to the role. And I could see him tangling easily with RDJ!

Old 06-25-2013, 01:00 PM   #402
ThePowerCosmic
"No."

With this news about the Triskelion being used in the movie, I think it leans toward the Masters being the villains in TA2. The Triskelion does have a super-villain prison after all.

Old 06-25-2013, 01:36 PM   #403
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

didn't LokiD talk about a supervillain prison break out like a long while ago before he disappeared? lol

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
( http://www.family1stclothingco.com/ )
Old 06-25-2013, 01:43 PM   #404
VulcanVader
Side-Kick

They could use the Triskelion to show up some easter eggs... like Abomination for instance

Old 06-25-2013, 01:53 PM   #405
kaijunexus
Marvel Cinematic Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkilban2 View Post
didn't LokiD talk about a supervillain prison break out like a long while ago before he disappeared? lol
That's right!!

There's a rumor about a massive prison breakout opening for Avengers 2...probably the Triskelion prison!

Old 06-25-2013, 01:56 PM   #406
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka

Quote:
Yep. Along with time travel, which might be appearing in GotG...

I still believe in heroes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
"I tell ya, that Jennifer Lawrenshinch, I'd like to put my olive in her martini."
Old 06-25-2013, 02:11 PM   #407
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaijunexus View Post
That's right!!

There's a rumor about a massive prison breakout opening for Avengers 2...probably the Triskelion prison!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovieMaster View Post
Yep. Along with time travel, which might be appearing in GotG...

okay. I am just going to say this once. lol. i still PM him regularly...and hate to say toldja so, but..there it is haha. Seriously though, from what I made of it, he knows the general characters and plans for the phases with some detail, and finer stuff from movie to movie, he has to guess until more is revealed....but he wasn't full of it. The stuff he posted in the threads, was his speculation off what he KNEW, with bits of real stuff in it..I talk to him about that, he basically in a way, is trolling us all with real info....the stuff I talk to him about VIA PM, he's been telling me this since January. Breakout scenario for avengers 2...mandarin, Ultimo, Ultron is there as an AI....he also told me back in january that the comics are trying to bring the universes togetther, trying to merge the ultimates with 616..which I thought was kind of crap...but..age of ultron just ended..and we saw how that ended. i still talk to him regularly, and if he's right about this...then there's a good chance that he is right about what he's told me the main story is up through phase 3...then all other comic book film studios should throw in the towel

New MCU battles will be held each week in the Marvel Films forum!

Join our discussion on the MCU's Power Tier - http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=535009
Old 06-25-2013, 02:15 PM   #408
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
okay. I am just going to say this once. lol. i still PM him regularly...and hate to say toldja so, but..there it is haha. Seriously though, from what I made of it, he knows the general characters and plans for the phases with some detail, and finer stuff from movie to movie, he has to guess until more is revealed....but he wasn't full of it. The stuff he posted in the threads, was his speculation off what he KNEW, with bits of real stuff in it..I talk to him about that, he basically in a way, is trolling us all with real info....the stuff I talk to him about VIA PM, he's been telling me this since January. Breakout scenario for avengers 2...mandarin, Ultimo, Ultron is there as an AI....he also told me back in january that the comics are trying to bring the universes togetther, trying to merge the ultimates with 616..which I thought was kind of crap...but..age of ultron just ended..and we saw how that ended. i still talk to him regularly, and if he's right about this...then there's a good chance that he is right about what he's told me the main story is up through phase 3...then all other comic book film studios should throw in the towel
Sounds awesome. We did regularly PM each other but that was back in, like, December lol.

I think the Wasp in Iron Man 3 thing turning out fake put most people here off

I still believe in heroes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
"I tell ya, that Jennifer Lawrenshinch, I'd like to put my olive in her martini."
Old 06-25-2013, 02:20 PM   #409
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovieMaster View Post
Sounds awesome. We did regularly PM each other but that was back in, like, December lol.

I think the Wasp in Iron Man 3 thing turning out fake put most people here off
It was. He told me before she got confirmed as brandt that his source never said it was wasp, but given the route he thought they were taking, and the role she would have, he thought for sure it was her...her or the other lady that was speculated...and he told me he flat out guessed wrong. He told me via PM it was guesses, and at the same time he was writing it as fact in the threads, but throwing bits of the "truth" in there..it made me laugh. I guess if you have long term general knowledge...his way of slipping under the radar from everyone is trolling us with bits and pieces of real info.

but if he is right, I can't wait for gotg

New MCU battles will be held each week in the Marvel Films forum!

Join our discussion on the MCU's Power Tier - http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=535009
Old 06-25-2013, 02:30 PM   #410
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

If it's a breakout scenario, how would Thanos figure into it?

Old 06-25-2013, 02:31 PM   #411
Webfoot Hero
West Coaster

Quote:
It was. He told me before she got confirmed as brandt that his source never said it was wasp, but given the route he thought they were taking, and the role she would have, he thought for sure it was her...her or the other lady that was speculated...and he told me he flat out guessed wrong. He told me via PM it was guesses, and at the same time he was writing it as fact in the threads, but throwing bits of the "truth" in there..it made me laugh. I guess if you have long term general knowledge...his way of slipping under the radar from everyone is trolling us with bits and pieces of real info.

but if he is right, I can't wait for gotg
Some of his stuff seemed to be right but when he started guessing about other plot points/details, he started to be wrong a lot more often. That's really what turned so many off. Also, I liked some of his ideas but turning every post into an essay got kind of exhausting to read and then take seriously.

Last edited by Webfoot Hero; 06-25-2013 at 02:36 PM.
Old 06-25-2013, 02:39 PM   #412
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
If it's a breakout scenario, how would Thanos figure into it?
That's a good question, I was thinking maybe their just 2 seperate events that happen to be going on around the same time. Could be Villains break out very eary, which gets the team back together, they round up most except for a few (Our MCU Masters) they fight them for awhile then BANG Thanos drops by to say hello, then heroes and some villains fight side by side! lol

If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
Old 06-25-2013, 02:56 PM   #413
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Are we really doing this again? >.>

Old 06-25-2013, 03:04 PM   #414
DN91
SSR Agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by VulcanVader View Post
They could use the Triskelion to show up some easter eggs... like Abomination for instance
Maybe even the Leader, since S.H.I.E.L.D. did bring him into custody after the events of The Incredible Hulk.

(it's all in the prelude comics for Avengers, where we see Black Widow confront Leader in that apartment building.)

Old 06-25-2013, 03:07 PM   #415
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Quote:

yeah I'm going to go ahead and call BS on anyone who seems to only share info with select people via PM. he's never once responded to my requests for these alleged PMs. you could be lying too for all we know

Old 06-25-2013, 05:22 PM   #416
peterparker0077
Side-Kick

Maybe they are holding off Thanos until A3. Or maybe he's just a background character testing the might of the Avengers with other local villains in A2? ...

Old 06-25-2013, 06:26 PM   #417
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterparker0077 View Post
Maybe they are holding off Thanos until A3. Or maybe he's just a background character testing the might of the Avengers with other local villains in A2? ...
also very plausible, I think the threat of Thanos will be there, but he may not actually go head to head vs the Avengers just yet.

Old 06-25-2013, 06:29 PM   #418
GRangerPrimeNYC
AgentGodzillaRangerPrime

I want to see the Masters of Evil and Ultron more than Thanos d:
Maybe even a World War Hulk story.

Old 06-25-2013, 06:35 PM   #419
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
This

I wonder who is going to be this movies *minor* character that is rumored to be a major character but isn't just like the Amanda Righetti is Sharon Carter, Stephanie Szostak is Wasp, Mackenzie Grey is Lex Luthor rumors/lies.
The difference is: you're talking about actual actors who appeared in the films; it was just unknown what roles they were playing. Nobody says Armie Hammer was actually shooting scenes for CATWS at all. Just that he was there on the set, and Hammer confirmed it. He's just dodgy about why he was actually there.

But hey, if folks want to take him at face value, and say there's nothing at all unusual about an actor in the middle of promoting a megabudget gajillion-dollar star turn that's designed to be his breakout to marquee immortality wandering down to Cleveland Frickin' Ohio to visit a "friend" --- especially when there's absolutely no one attached to the CATWS cast and crew that Armie Hammer can be found to have worked with before, ever --- well hey, go for it.

I'll put my money on Armie Hammer joining the MCU in an undisclosed role (that is anyone *other* than Ant-Man --- he seems genuinely confused and dismissive of the film and its director), and visiting the set to familiarize himself with some of the characters who he'll be interacting with in a future film.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 06-25-2013, 07:40 PM   #420
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRangerPrimeNYC View Post
I want to see the Masters of Evil and Ultron more than Thanos d:
Maybe even a World War Hulk story.
How the frell do you even do World War Hulk on film?

- CM Punk
Old 06-25-2013, 08:11 PM   #421
Webfoot Hero
West Coaster

Anybody see the set photos (on the "other site") of the supposed torture device that someone is going to be using? Sounds like Redford could be in Cleveland soon to film the scenes involving the device. The device could also be what makes WS a brainwashed assassin, similar to the one used by the Soviets in the comics on their assassins.

Old 06-25-2013, 08:12 PM   #422
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

There's no way to even guess what he really meant until we hear the interview--if that ever happens. You can't gauge whether he's being sarcastic or not with his responses about Wright when reading a transcript.

Lots of people visited the Avengers set, as I recall. Not all of them are in the MCU. Still, he IS part of the Disney family now, so who the hell knows?

Old 06-25-2013, 08:14 PM   #423
Webfoot Hero
West Coaster

Looks like Frank Grillo is now done with his Cleveland filming.

Quote:
frank grillo ‏@FrankGrillo 1h
Last night in Cleveland. It's been fun.

Old 06-25-2013, 08:27 PM   #424
DN91
SSR Agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webfoot Hero View Post
Anybody see the set photos (on the "other site") of the supposed torture device that someone is going to be using? Sounds like Redford could be in Cleveland soon to film the scenes involving the device. The device could also be what makes WS a brainwashed assassin, similar to the one used by the Soviets in the comics on their assassins.
Though apparently, Cap's going to be strapped onto the device, possibly hinting that Redford's character is planning on turning Cap to his side. Or something.

Old 06-25-2013, 09:28 PM   #425
cph9fa
Side-Kick

My guess is that Zola is involved, given his experiments with Bucky in CA:TFA.

Closed Thread