The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men 1, 2 & 3

Old 07-19-2006, 10:55 AM   #51
S7ilver
Side-Kick

Default Re: Where has Scott Summers gone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanGrey12
thats actually a pretty good explanation. i mean lets face it guys, if they really wanted Scott dead for sure, then they would have shown him dissintegrate point blank whether it be when the scene actually happens or when Jean gets flashbacks in the medical bay. the fact is they didn't show it, leaving it open (whether it is logical or not) that Scott is indeed alive. its like soap operas. you are never dead unless they actually show you die.

because they didn't, i would never be shocked if he is alive. frankly, i wouldnt care if it was completely illogical as i like his character as well as jean (shes my fav. scott and logan switch back and forth for second depending on which movie)
They wanted to add at least some cinematics to the movie, showing Cyclops disinegrating on-screen would leave no intrigue to the viewers especially so early in the movie. Jean has just arisen and no one knows what's happened to her so they kiss, epic/scary music play, Cyclops starts to bubble, scene changes on-screen, and poof..he's gone..

Bottom-line, if he looked like he died and they acted like he died..He probably died

S7ilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 11:52 AM   #52
ntcrawler
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarknessOfDeath
^^ Shouldn't it be Rothman instead of Logan?
Fighting Rothman would be business. Fighting Logan? Personal

Jean: Mom says the only way I can cook is over a bunsen burner.
ntcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 11:58 AM   #53
DarknessOfDeath
Rebel Scoundrel

True... but isn't it his and Fox's fault for making Wolverine the main character? He should get the burn, not Logan. Fox only made the writers write crap.

Margot Robbie | Ben Affleck | Will Smith | Gal Gadot | Jared Leto
~The New Faces of the DCEU~
DarknessOfDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 11:58 AM   #54
ntcrawler
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by S7ilver
They wanted to add at least some cinematics to the movie,
Haha, I like the way you said that. But if that's the best they can come up with as far as cinematics, that really leaves a scary thought.
Quote:
showing Cyclops disinegrating on-screen would leave no intrigue to the viewers especially so early in the movie.
there are other ways to kill people. Remember when Jean hurled Logan back against a wall? She could have slammed Scott fatally into a tree or chucked him into the lake. You could still show him dead but you wouldn't have to reveal your super secret vaporization special effects. I think what intrigued the viewers was how easily all the chars accepted his death. Not only did they not bother to do any kind of investigation or to even look for him, but no one even showed any remorse. Scott's dead and that's it. Business as usual at the mansion. Charles got his funeral and grave. Scott didn't, even though by the time of Charle's death it should have been obvious that he was dead (if he really was dead). That's what intigues me and a bunch of other viewers. Maybe they knew something we didn't. Or they were so busy they completely forgot about Scott until the end of the movie.

Quote:
Jean has just arisen and no one knows what's happened to her so they kiss, epic/scary music play, Cyclops starts to bubble, scene changes on-screen, and poof..he's gone..

Bottom-line, if he looked like he died and they acted like he died..He probably died
And you honestly enjoyed that scene? You have no problems with it? You really thought that it was a beautiful way of showing the dynamics of their relationship, the drama involving a much anticipated scene that fans were waiting 3 years to see, and the shock of how evil Jean is? That's the best they could do?

Last edited by ntcrawler; 07-19-2006 at 12:04 PM.
Old 07-19-2006, 12:00 PM   #55
ntcrawler
Side-Kick

Quote:
True... but isn't it his and Fox's fault for making Wolverine the main character? He should get the burn, not Logan. Fox only made the writers write crap.
True. This is one of those cases where the studio's managers were able to interfere with and influence the actual plot of a film instead of letting the actual production staff handle things on their own.

Old 07-19-2006, 12:02 PM   #56
ntcrawler
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baredevil

"Take THAT, you scene-and-girlfriend stealer!"
Bawahah, very very nice! Hey why don't you post this on the Photo manips thread?

Old 07-19-2006, 05:59 PM   #57
Bana
Nothing ever ends.

he's in Metropolis

Bana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 06:52 PM   #58
JeanGrey12
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by S7ilver
They wanted to add at least some cinematics to the movie, showing Cyclops disinegrating on-screen would leave no intrigue to the viewers especially so early in the movie. Jean has just arisen and no one knows what's happened to her so they kiss, epic/scary music play, Cyclops starts to bubble, scene changes on-screen, and poof..he's gone..

i mean i know what you're saying, but when you leave intrigue, for something like that, theres really no reason to leave it like that for the whole movie or even left open forever. you could have had intrigue and still have shown him be demolecularized when jean had flashbacks.

Jean Grey is my favorite marvel character and my second favorite movie character of all time (sorry Indiana Jones takes that one lol...).
TAKE A STAND!

PS. FYI im a girl....
JeanGrey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 06:53 PM   #59
JeanGrey12
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntcrawler

BTW, Bad JeanGrey12!!! BAD!! It's not nice to try to kill your fiancee while you're in each other's arms! You'll hurt his feelings
hahaha i think more than his feelings were hurt lol

Jean Grey is my favorite marvel character and my second favorite movie character of all time (sorry Indiana Jones takes that one lol...).
TAKE A STAND!

PS. FYI im a girl....
JeanGrey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 07:00 PM   #60
ntcrawler
Side-Kick

Quote:
i mean i know what you're saying, but when you leave intrigue, for something like that, theres really no reason to leave it like that for the whole movie or even left open forever. you could have had intrigue and still have shown him be demolecularized when jean had flashbacks.
Yeah, you can't have it both ways. Either he died, or he didn't. Either you show that he died, or you don't. I can see how the production team was making a last-ditch effort to salvage Scott instead of killing him off outright, but while giving us hope, at the same time it makes things frustrating.
I know alot of people including myself waited 3 years for this very scene, and we were hoping for something better than what we got.

Old 07-19-2006, 07:00 PM   #61
ntcrawler
Side-Kick

Quote:
hahaha i think more than his feelings were hurt lol
The sacrifices he has to make, the pain he goes through for his girl, he's one dedicated and stubborn man

Old 07-19-2006, 07:05 PM   #62
S7ilver
Side-Kick

Quote:
And you honestly enjoyed that scene? You have no problems with it? You really thought that it was a beautiful way of showing the dynamics of their relationship, the drama involving a much anticipated scene that fans were waiting 3 years to see, and the shock of how evil Jean is? That's the best they could do?
I never said I liked it but that's what happened, personally I thought it was done poorly and very unemotional. Scott's actions were so unrealistic he barely gave a thought to how Jean had just risen from the dead, very rushed..Like the rest of the movie

S7ilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 07:44 PM   #63
TrailerCues
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baredevil

"Take THAT, you scene-and-girlfriend stealer!"
I was inspired

TrailerCues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 08:16 PM   #64
DarknessOfDeath
Rebel Scoundrel

-sighs- He should be shooting at Fox studios and the X1/X2 writers than aiming all his anger at Logan.

Old 07-19-2006, 08:40 PM   #65
TrailerCues
Banned User

Quote:
-sighs- He should be shooting at Fox studios and the X1/X2 writers than aiming all his anger at Logan.
Id do something like that but I suck when it comes to adding in stuff like laser beams

TrailerCues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 08:48 PM   #66
ntcrawler
Side-Kick

Quote:
Why would you want to shoot at the X1/X2 writers? I thought those were actually good?

Old 07-19-2006, 08:49 PM   #67
DarknessOfDeath
Rebel Scoundrel

Watch them again... lol

Old 07-19-2006, 09:22 PM   #68
ntcrawler
Side-Kick

I think in the end, it's better to "let" him live. A dead Scott has no more stories to tell unless you keep doing flashbacks and prequels. A Scott who lives can tell us more tales. The world still needs this guy. I mean look how badly things got screwed up towards the end of the movie when he wasn't there.
All it takes is the desire to do so and a little imagination and courage. It's always better to leave things open ended than to run them into a dead end. Not the end, but "to be continued". not "goodbye" but... "see you later"

Old 07-19-2006, 10:20 PM   #69
oneteen
James/Scott fan

Not just let him live. Let him kick some @$$ too. At Alcatraz. The whole time I was watching the Alcaraz scene I was waiting for Cyclops. He never showed.

James Marsden: His feelings for Jean is really what drives a lot of his character. I would have welcomed any more scenes and things to get into our relationship more. It's a bit of a mystery when you look back at the first two.
oneteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 10:28 PM   #70
ntcrawler
Side-Kick

^^^ I can help you with that.

does the Alcatraz battle look more appropriate now?

Old 07-19-2006, 10:42 PM   #71
oneteen
James/Scott fan

No. he has to hold her. Calm her down. SAVE her...

James Marsden: His feelings for Jean is really what drives a lot of his character. I would have welcomed any more scenes and things to get into our relationship more. It's a bit of a mystery when you look back at the first two.
oneteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 10:49 PM   #72
ntcrawler
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneteen
No. he has to hold her. Calm her down. SAVE her...
We're working on it! First he has to talk her into calming down and letting go of that rage. He's getting closer, but we're not there yet!!!

Old 07-19-2006, 11:45 PM   #73
borinquenknight
Orion-X Founder

Quote:
^^^ I can help you with that.

does the Alcatraz battle look more appropriate now?
You're making my eyes tear........<sniff>.

Old 07-20-2006, 02:56 AM   #74
BatJeff7786
Side-Kick

Quote:
Dude, his face is not bubbling. His facial muscles are twitching, tensing like he's experiencing pain or discomfort. There really weren't any special effects here. .
A Bootleg copy which was viewed over and over say different. Scott's dead. The Professor said he was dead, and he would of all people be the one to know. Otherwise he wouldn't have provoked the Phoenix so much when he said that to her.

Old 07-20-2006, 02:56 AM   #75
warpdrive
PinkPanther

first you gotta hook scott up with an ultra healing factor then he will be safe around *scott tries to calm Jean down*
"Jean...you must ahhhh!"
he dies again, more pain for everybody

warpdrive is offline   Reply With Quote