The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Old 02-18-2014, 11:47 PM   #651
Wildcard
Cataclysmic Titan

Default Re: Kurse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
That was after Thanos was resurrected and was made completely immortal by Death, which is way he survived the fight with Odin. A lot of people ignore since everyone constanly overhypes Thanos, but Odin dominated that fight from start to finish. Thanos' attacks were being slapped away like he was a nobody and when his attacks did land they didn't even ruffle Odin's clothes.
I don't really think Thanos is over-hyped (for the most part), we're talking about a guy who decimated Silver Surfer with just a few blows in their first encounter, and SS is no push over.

As for Odin, I think it's only right that he be one of the few who actually can dominate Thanos in a fight. Btw, isn't Odin one of the few Skyfather level characters?

Wildcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 12:57 AM   #652
Kryptonian Titan
Banned User

Thumbs up Re: Kurse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyally View Post
I think he didn´t know much at all. As always Thor thinks himself stronger than he is. He did so appearently since he decided to defy his father and fix it himself, as in the first movie.

He just got a little panic because he´d just failed and Malekith was leaving with the Aether to destroy the universe, so he made a stupid ass descision and flew as fast as he could and Kurse heard him comming, thus being able to knock him away. He should have been smart about it and used his lighning on the ship, Malekith and Kurse.

The rest of the fight consited of Thor fighting someone, he now understood was about his level, but had no mjolnir. The one time he had a chance to retrieve it he blew it by calling upon it to hit Kurse instead of taking it in the hand where we know it can do insanely much more damage. Yes he could have made it flown lower, close to the ground, albeit I admit, there is no guarantee Kurse wouldn´t kick it away but it´s a more tactical descision where one actually not overestimate mjolnir/underestimate the foe.

Kurse gives 7 fist punches in a row and a total of 10 during the fight. He also head knocks him twice + throw a huge huge rock at at him which actually seems to be the thing that really makes Thor defenseless. Yes he got some lacerations and took a real beating but give the Hulk 12 leviathan blows and 1 huge rock and he´ll wreck Thor like there was no tomorrow. Not that he´d ever get the same circumstances because of his low IQ and high temper. Also Thor was indeed worn out, he had no mjolnir because of that and his stupid ass descision based on his arrogance and stressed mind.

If Hulk ever goes up against that, he wrecks Thor.
Very well said.

Kryptonian Titan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 03:25 PM   #653
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk-1700 View Post
I don't really think Thanos is over-hyped (for the most part), we're talking about a guy who decimated Silver Surfer with just a few blows in their first encounter, and SS is no push over.

As for Odin, I think it's only right that he be one of the few who actually can dominate Thanos in a fight. Btw, isn't Odin one of the few Skyfather level characters?
Odin is one of the most powerful beings yes, I would say he is top 10 if you don´t count the Presence, The living tribunal and the entity that was/in a way is the infinitygems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptonian Titan View Post
Very well said.
Thx man

Quote:
That was after Thanos was resurrected and was made completely immortal by Death, which is way he survived the fight with Odin. A lot of people ignore since everyone constanly overhypes Thanos, but Odin dominated that fight from start to finish. Thanos' attacks were being slapped away like he was a nobody and when his attacks did land they didn't even ruffle Odin's clothes.
What you say is true: Odin dominated. One wouldn´t be telling the truth though if he claimed Thanos to be immortal after the boost we see in the old silversurfer comics by lady Death but I guess you mean he is basically immortal so. Yes there is no one who we usually see, like the heroes of earth, who could take him down but most of the ones worthy to call upon The Living Tribunal itself would destroy Thanos. Sure an entity (Death) gave him immense powers but none that surpass that of her own levels, and she isn´t the strongest being. You have the being that once were the Infinitystones(hence the stones), The presence and the living tribunal. We also got Destiny, Galactus and more who could take him down. As for the latter, he should be able to take him down, if not with his usual powers then after Galactus has had his galactic mealtime. Such a Galactus would defeat Odin. There are examples however where Odin infact goes up against Galactus and fights to a draw. That´s a hungry Galactus vs a rested Odin.

More practial examples of Thanos nearly getting killed is when Gamora visits Thanos and we see him pretty injured, albeit his explanation is pretty cool and gives you the idea that he is basically immortal. Another thing is that even with preptime, the power gem in the hands of Magus gives Thanos a hard time defending himself. It was pretty clear to me he couldn´gain 2 of the stones without besting his opponent intellecutally, not that it means they could kill Thanos but it means there are beings out there that has powers above his own, potentially possible to indeed kill him. At one point for example, Thanos fears his own creation because he manages to create different Thanoses, one of which "accidently" beacame so strong Thanos dared not face him.

Here it is
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Last edited by Mightyally; 03-20-2014 at 03:53 PM.
Mightyally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 06:46 PM   #654
BigThor
God of Thunder

Quote:

I mean he's over hyped to the point where people don't want to admit that even someone as powerful as Odin can kick his ass.

Yeah Odin is not just skyfather level he's an actual Skyfather and imo he's depicted as a high level one at that.

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=536095

New MCU battles will be held each week in the Marvel Films forum!

Join our discussion on the MCU's Power Tier - http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=535009
BigThor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 03:48 AM   #655
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

I think this Thanos Will be extremely strong but simpel teamwork like the old "you hold While I punch" worked for Thing and Thor in the old comics. So Hulk, Adam warlock and Cap M are all around his levels there. I think they'll go with that in the MCU. Someone clearly stronger but Who could be held down by say Hulk, Thor and Drax if it ever came to that. Sure he is strong but not enough, he needs the stones. Also Thanos sucess lies in his vast knowledge which helps him prepare.

Old 02-20-2014, 05:15 AM   #656
Wildcard
Cataclysmic Titan

Quote:
I mean he's over hyped to the point where people don't want to admit that even someone as powerful as Odin can kick his ass.

Yeah Odin is not just skyfather level he's an actual Skyfather and imo he's depicted as a high level one at that.
Oh yeah, definitely. I'm a huge Thanos fanboy but I recognize there are characters above him, and Odin should always be one of them. And then there's Galactus, the Beyonder, the Celestials, the One Above All, Dormammu possibly....among others.

Thanos is a top level villain, but he's not the end all be all.

Still, for what it's worth....

Thanos > Darkseid

As for Thanos' power level in the MCU, I'd hope they make him stronger than that. If just three of the heroes can hold him down then he's not a huge threat. If Thanos is their "final boss" then they need portray him appropriately. He needs to thrash the heroes majorly.

Last edited by Wildcard; 02-20-2014 at 05:19 AM.
Wildcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 05:33 AM   #657
BigThor
God of Thunder

Quote:
Oh yeah, definitely. I'm a huge Thanos fanboy but I recognize there are characters above him, and Odin should always be one of them. And then there's Galactus, the Beyonder, the Celestials, the One Above All, Dormammu possibly....among others.

Thanos is a top level villain, but he's not the end all be all.

Still, for what it's worth....

Thanos > Darkseid

As for Thanos' power level in the MCU, I'd hope they make him stronger than that. If just three of the heroes can hold him down then he's not a huge threat. If Thanos is their "final boss" then they need portray him appropriately. He needs to thrash the heroes majorly.
Well Thanos' strength isn't his main weapon though, it's his extremely high level intelect. Three heroes being strong enough to hold him doesn't mean they can beat him. Yes Thanos should be strong, but if he's physically stronger than those three combined it would make him to unbeatable.

I agree that he should thrash the heroes, but with a combination of skill, technology, energy blast, and strength. If he's just muscling through everyone willy-nilly he'll be too invincible and it would lessen the impact when he used the IG.

Join our discussion on the MCU's Power Tier - http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=535009
Old 02-20-2014, 06:59 AM   #658
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

1. I just realized I´ve written "The Presence" but please understand I meant The one above all. They´re basically the same thing. It´s just that one is the God of DCCU and the other one the God of the M Comics U.

2. Exactly Big Thor! But admit you would want some kind of fight where he is forced to take action himself. That could be when those working for him all failed. I for one would love to see him get in to the position where the Avengers stand between him and something he wants or that Hulk and Thor manages to get to him during a fight. I mean we here know his powers and that his brain is his deadliest weapon but the GA doesn´t so it would be necessary to show that imo. By the way, nice avatar.

3. Actually, even if Thanos always beats Darkseid generally, I´ve always considered the correct version of him (ofc there is none but "my" correct version/the old one) more powerful than Thanos in a fight. Imagine no preptime, no surroundings to use for advantage. DS should fry Thanos with his Omega beam, especially if you compare Thor to Thanos, then Thor to Superman, then DS to Superman. And yes this is pre-death Thanos.

Last edited by Mightyally; 02-20-2014 at 10:59 AM.
Old 02-20-2014, 02:42 PM   #659
BigThor
God of Thunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyally View Post
1. I just realized I´ve written "The Presence" but please understand I meant The one above all. They´re basically the same thing. It´s just that one is the God of DCCU and the other one the God of the M Comics U.

2. Exactly Big Thor! But admit you would want some kind of fight where he is forced to take action himself. That could be when those working for him all failed. I for one would love to see him get in to the position where the Avengers stand between him and something he wants or that Hulk and Thor manages to get to him during a fight. I mean we here know his powers and that his brain is his deadliest weapon but the GA doesn´t so it would be necessary to show that imo. By the way, nice avatar.

3. Actually, even if Thanos always beats Darkseid generally, I´ve always considered the correct version of him (ofc there is none but "my" correct version/the old one) more powerful than Thanos in a fight. Imagine no preptime, no surroundings to use for advantage. DS should fry Thanos with his Omega beam, especially if you compare Thor to Thanos, then Thor to Superman, then DS to Superman. And yes this is pre-death Thanos.
Thanks and yes I do want Thanos to engage The Avengers in a fist fight, but I don't want him to just steam roll Hulk, Thor, and Drax all at once. Those three working together should put up a fight, atleast before he puts on the Infinity Gauntlet.

Last edited by BigThor; 02-20-2014 at 05:06 PM.
Old 02-20-2014, 03:24 PM   #660
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

Yeah man, I wouldn´t mind a brutal fight between the gigants. IF he puts it on, or do you think it will be the classic Nebula-Thanos thing as in the infinity gauntlet saga which ends it? I mean how could you stop someone like that. I also wonder, how would they even make that work. You can´t just summon all the guys as in the comics to sort of demonstrate his powers.

They could go about it like this. The miniute Thanos puts the glove on it´s not even gonna be fun. He one-hits Captain America´s shield. He lifts mjolnir and what would be cool is if he did some space thing as well. Maybe changed the color of the sun or whatever. He also laughs Ultron, Surtur, Odin, Loki, or whoever they´ll choose to have there when he puts it on, in the face and simply ignore all their attacks or snaps his fingers and they just start kneeling or something. Would be especially funny to see Loki do that. And even extra if he is "king" of Asgard.

What´s sort of lame is if we never see the gauntlet in action but it would also be lame to see it on.

Paradox of dooooooooooooooom.

Last edited by Mightyally; 02-21-2014 at 05:47 PM.
Old 02-25-2014, 03:36 AM   #661
Gr0oT
I AM GROOT

So any chance that cosmic grenade just folded Algrim into another part of the cosmos and he might still be alive?

Gr0oT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 02:29 PM   #662
BigThor
God of Thunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr0oT View Post
So any chance that cosmic grenade just folded Algrim into another part of the cosmos and he might still be alive?
I sure hope so

Old 02-25-2014, 04:41 PM   #663
Gr0oT
I AM GROOT

Maybe he got ported to the same place where Red Skull is raising a galactic army and consequently becomes his top henchmen!

Gr0oT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 07:23 PM   #664
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

I hope so too. I liked what he did and how he looked in TDW. It wasn´t at all like in the comics but I liked it. Unforunately I´m having a hard time seeing him return. Not only because I think it looked like he died but also because the charachter never had "a" story of his own. Kurse was more of a loyal solider willing to sacrifice everything for Malekith. I don´t see Malekith betraying him or somehow making him want to end their alliance.

What I´m trying to say is that if he survived he would seek out Malekith or join/maybe even become a leader of the Dark elves but I don´t see that happening at all. Let´s just say that in the comics his motives and origin helped explaining why he was a bad guy. I don´t see why he would return in the MCU.

There might be an exception though. Surtur/Thanos/The Collector wants to use him and offers something in return which could be related to Malekith/the dark elves. In that case it could work, but I don´t see him returning for revange, he was different in the MCU, and I just feel the Malekith/Kurse/dark elves chapter is closed. But it´s Marvel, they do not simply kill off charachters and there might be a reason for why he wasn´t fought to the last breath by Thor.

Honestly tho, I think he died. He was the monster no one really knew (there were several Kurses and the current Kurse wasn´t developed) and the whole: Loki falling down in space and returning/Red Skull being teleported and probably returning/Coulson dying and somehow returning to life etc.. wasn´t applied because it would be lame to do that again. Basically you´d have to make an excuse/give explanation and I don´t feel like Kurse necessarily would need such an explanation, Red Skull on the other hand does.

And why would it look like he was destroyed? Just saying.

Last edited by Mightyally; 03-16-2014 at 08:44 PM.