The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > Spider-Man 1, 2 & 3

Old 03-11-2015, 11:59 PM   #676
Lantern Venom
The Big Blue Lantern

Default Re: Are we too harsh on SM3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victarion View Post
Eh, I left the movie feeling like Raimi wasn't all into it. Except for the Harry stuff, mostly.
He's admitted that his heart wasn't in SM3. When a bullheaded studio and an obstinate director clash, bad things are bound to happen. It didn't surprise me at all that SM4 didn't materialize, and we're lucky that SM3 wasn't much, much worse.

Old 03-12-2015, 12:48 AM   #677
Venom75
I'm symbiotic!

I also think that Sam might have been Spidey'ed out. Since the first film he's pretty much done nothing but eat,sleep and breathe the Spidey films. From what I've read and heard,once Spider-man 2 ended Raimi and his staff jumped almost immediately into Spider-man 3. He was always under the gun with these movies. That might have explained a lot of the lazy writing and plot holes. The mind needs to rest.

Official fan of The Raimi Spider-man Trilogy 2002-2007

Never Forget 9/11/01
Venom75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 05:08 AM   #678
Lantern Venom
The Big Blue Lantern

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom75 View Post
I also think that Sam might have been Spidey'ed out. Since the first film he's pretty much done nothing but eat,sleep and breathe the Spidey films. From what I've read and heard,once Spider-man 2 ended Raimi and his staff jumped almost immediately into Spider-man 3. He was always under the gun with these movies. That might have explained a lot of the lazy writing and plot holes. The mind needs to rest.
That's plausible. I remember reading an interview with George Lucas where he talked about the grind of the Star Wars prequels. As soon as he would finish the promotion of one movie, he would instantly begin work on the next installment. For 9 years, his life was nothing but Star Wars, and it wore him out psychologically.

With the 3rd film being part Raimi's vision and part mandate, it's easy to see why an already "Spidey'ed out" (good word, BTW) Raimi would have produced something lackluster in comparison to the first two movies. While I would have preferred a part 4 to wrap up some story points, I'm glad Raimi walked away if he felt that unenthusiastic about continuing.

Last edited by Lantern Venom; 03-14-2015 at 07:05 AM.
Lantern Venom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 10:53 AM   #679
The Joker
Mad Love

One of the leaked emails from Sony revealed Amy Pascal saying SM-3 is better than both of the TASM movies.

I have new respect for her.

- The Joker
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 08:28 PM   #680
Johnny-Oh
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
One of the leaked emails from Sony revealed Amy Pascal saying SM-3 is better than both of the TASM movies.

I have new respect for her.
She's right

Worst SH Movies(this decade):
1.Green Lantern 2.Ghost Rider 2 3.MOS 4.TASM 2 5.TASM
Johnny-Oh is online now   Reply With Quote