The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Riverdale

Old 02-20-2017, 12:40 AM   #1
Sawyer
High King

Default ARCHIE COMICS Thread

Since the Misc. Comics section gets about as much traffic as a ghost town, I figured I'd set up a thread here...

Little Archie, The Archies, Sabrina the Teenage Witch and Jughead: The Hunger One-Shots hitting this March

Archie Announces Riverdale Tie-In Comic

A New Story Arc Begins in Archie #18 as Artist Pete Woods Joins Mark Waid

Mark Waid Expanding Relationship with Archie Comics
Quote:
Coinciding with news of the Warner Bros. deal, Archie revealed that Mark Waid, the writer of flagship comic book series Archie, will be expanding his relationship with the company later this year by signing up to co-write a number of series, as well as mentoring upcoming writers, with the overall aim of growing the current stable of talent at the company.

"This opportunity is exciting to me for a number of reasons," Waid says about the new deal, which will be effective in May when he takes over writing the Jughead series with new co-writer Ian Flynn. "First, the chance to expand my role as a writer at Archie is terrific as we all share the same storytelling goals. Second, it allows me to exercise my editorial muscles, which — surprise — is why I got into comics in the first place. But most of all, the opportunity to help build a more diverse staff of writers, younger, eager to learn, and eager to teach me."

@HIGHzurrer

If your first TV love was Buffy, this season of The Magicians is the adult who looks like that first crush but is into your kink.
*sees someone trolling DCEU fans* *prepares to say something* *sees Snyder stans somehow being even more obnoxious than the trolls* *sighs*

*rinse and repeat*
Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 12:10 PM   #2
PeterBenParker
Wallopin' Websnappers!

Default Re: ARCHIE COMICS Thread

Awesome, thanks for making this.

I really want to get into the new Archie comics.

#SpiderManPS4Hype
PeterBenParker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 08:51 PM   #3
X-Woman
Always Xperimenting

I just read one of the Afterlife with Archie comics. It was....different. I'm used to the old-school Archie comics, the ones that were light-hearted and funny. But this was an interesting diversion. It's always fun to see the spin that new writers/artists can put on an old classic. Not that it was great, but it was still interesting. I'd give it another chance. Nothing will ever beat the old comics, though. Somehow, Archie works best when it's 1961.

Old 04-17-2017, 08:11 PM   #4
Sawyer
High King

ARCHIE COMICS’ CLASSIC ART STYLE RETURNS – SORT OF

@HIGHzurrer

If your first TV love was Buffy, this season of The Magicians is the adult who looks like that first crush but is into your kink.
*sees someone trolling DCEU fans* *prepares to say something* *sees Snyder stans somehow being even more obnoxious than the trolls* *sighs*

*rinse and repeat*
Old 07-02-2017, 02:54 PM   #5
Sawyer
High King

Archie writer Mark Waid discusses that shocking Over the Edge cliffhanger

@HIGHzurrer

*rinse and repeat*
Old 07-03-2017, 02:16 PM   #6
wnjcwjkk
Side-Kick

Man I haven't read Archie Comics in probably 17 or so years, since I was a kid. I used to pick up the Double Digests every chance I could get, loved those things. And those Archie SuperTeens comics. Still remember all the characters, and their parents and teachers. It was so corny, but good fun and an enjoyable read when you're a kid, each Digest had so many stories.

I think it's pretty cool they've got this new Zombie Riverdale comic series, like Walking Dead meets Archie Comics, and this new murder mystery series like Twin Peaks meets Archie. I've thought about checking it out, but idk. Looks kinda clever, would have probably LOVED it as a kid (like so many other things that come out nowadays), but idk if it would be my kinda thing in the present day

wnjcwjkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 01:28 PM   #7
Sawyer
High King

Harley & Ivy Meet Betty & Veronica in October

OMG...

@HIGHzurrer

*rinse and repeat*
Old 07-06-2017, 06:36 PM   #8
Osiris-Rex
Head-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post

Wouldn't Ivy care more about flora than fauna?

Osiris-Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 07:27 PM   #9
Sawyer
High King

Jughead: The Hunger To Become Ongoing in October

@HIGHzurrer

*rinse and repeat*
Old 07-12-2017, 08:30 PM   #10
Sawyer
High King

The Archies Becoming Ongoing, As Well

@HIGHzurrer

*rinse and repeat*