The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Nintendo

Old 06-23-2017, 12:57 PM   #651
zenith16
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Official Nintendo Switch Thread

• NEWSGameStop is giving away 1000 Nintendo Switch bundle pre-orders via text offer Yesterday at 3:01 pm

Since its release in March, the Nintendo Switch has been very hard to find. It's pure luck if you just happen...Read more

Quote:
    Go,go, go!

• Since its release in March, the Nintendo Switch has been very hard to find. It's pure luck if you just happen to find one on a store shelf. GameStop is actually taking pre-orders for the console due to the high demand and limited stock but you'll have to jump through some hoops to get one.
    If you're one of the first 1000 people to text "SWITCH" to 467-87 by midnight CST, you'll get to pre-order a Nintendo Switch Mario Kart 8 Deluxe bundle. The bundle includes a gray Nintendo Switch, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, two Nintendo Switch racing wheels (one red, one blue), and a Joy-Con charging station. Keep in mind this is NOT a free Nintendo Switch, you'll have to pay $399.99.
    The Nintendo Switch is out now and costs $299.99 by itself.

• IN THIS ARTICLE

Tags:
    NINTENDO SWITCH

source: http://www.gamezone.com/

zenith16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 01:00 PM   #652
Travesty
TEOL

lol, so Gamestop has a raffle for the chance be able to buy an overpriced bundle?

Travesty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 02:04 PM   #653
zenith16
Side-Kick

this was just put up in the Final fantacy main thread ther was former artcile about the switch and it being able to hold 2 terror bite and there's also something recently about save data that was linked to Zelda BOTW this week which I think I didn't put up yet. which I'll do so now after this .

Quote:
MMOs on Nintendo Switch?

Nintendo Switch has been celebrating great success since it's launch earlier this year, as well as a well-received E3 presentation. The console is quickly filling up with anticipated titles, including the official announcement of Skyrim for Switch (which now has a rumored release date). But what doesn't Nintendo Switch have in their salvo of scheduled games? An MMORPG. But there's someone who'd like to change that.
Naoki Yoshida, the producer credited with taking Final Fantasy XIV from a disaster pile into the successful MMORPG that it is now with A Realm Reborn, sat down with Kotaku to talk about the future of the game.

Final Fantasy XIV has been having some ups and downs this week. They've recently launched the early access of their newest expansion, Stormblood. A day later, they were under a constant DDOS attack that their team has been working nonstop to curb. But that hasn't stopped Yoshida from keeping high spirits about their game.
“Because we’re under maintenance right now, any sort of issues that happen at this timing could potentially delay the start of early access,” Yoshida said to Kotaku, “If my response is not fast enough, that could delay the opening of the service to players.” Then he laughed. “And plus for myself, I’m downloading the patch.”
Despite the rocky start and server issues, fans seem to be enjoying Stormblood, and Yoshida remains optimistic in his role. “I haven’t gotten sick of it yet,” He said. “There’s still a lot of things I want to accomplish inside of Final Fantasy XIV. Also, I’m not making the game for myself. It’s not like this is a project that I’m doing for my own ego. It’s more about: how do we satisfy our customers, our players, who have paid to play this game, and that payment is actually going into my salary.”

The interview carries on, talking about Yoshida's relationship with Square Enix, comparing their game development to World of Warcraft, and even what his favorite class is (which is Black Mage, by the way.)
The interview took an interesting turn when he was asked about bringing Final Fantasy XIV to Xbox One and Nintendo Switch. At first, his answer was tame, simply stating that he'd like to bring the game to as many players as possible. But then he explained that conversations have been ha with the two consoles' management.
"Conversations have been had with Mr. Phil Spencer of Microsoft, and the upper management teams of Nintendo. But I have proposed a condition every time I speak with any platform manufacturers. It’s that the game has to have the capability of cross-platform play.
[...]
If we are able to come to some sort of agreement, a handshake so to speak, or if it does end up being that unfortunately we can’t do a handshake with Final Fantasy XIV, either way we’ll make sure to communicate with our players. But we have been tenacious—we’ve been trying to keep at it and be persistent about our conversations."
Basically, Yoshida would like to have the title on other consoles and has, in fact, started some legwork to make it happen, but cross-platform play is integral to the success of the potential launches. Something Yoshida and Tim Sweeney of Epic Games would agree on.
If Final Fantasy XIV actually comes to Xbox One, it could greatly expand the player base. If it launches on Nintendo Switch, it could set the precedent of MMOs on Nintendo Switch, which would be new ground to break on a Nintendo console.
Read the full interview at Kotaku.

source:http://www.gamezone.com/

Old 06-25-2017, 05:21 AM   #654
zenith16
Side-Kick

06:52
Beyond Good and Evil 2 Looks Awesome - The Rundown - Electric Playground
2,018 views1 day ago
Published on 06/23/2017

Today in the Rundown, we have a very cool look at the gameplay in Beyond Good and Evil 2! We also have the latest from Ron Howard and the Han Solo movie, find out
how Valve has VR wrapped around their fingers, learn what the Mario games would look like in augmented reality, and finally, have the latest on the hit PC game PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds!

^^Here's the actual article about from another place

Quote:
Now we just need some cables and someone to build an obstacle course like this.

If you've ever wanted to pretend that you were Mario in Super Mario Bros., you're in luck. You can live vicariously through Abhishek Singh, a man who built a level from Super Mario Bros. in Unity3D and played it in Central Park dressed up as Mario.
The video is said to use absolutely no post-production, which means that what you see is what you get - all of this was playable in the Microsoft Hololens.

Of course, there are limitations with augmented reality games. Abhishek has to walk around most structures seeing as he can't physically jump that high and he wouldn't actually be landing on anything if he did.

also with

• NEWSNintendo's Reggie Fils-Aimé Talks Switch and About Being a Meme Jun 19, 2017

Reggie Fils-Aimé, the COO and President of Nintendo America has been with the company since 2004. Starting...Read more

Quote:
    His body and comments on the Switch are ready.
  • Reggie Fils-Aimé, the COO and President of Nintendo America has been with the company since 2004. Starting as their vice-president of sales and marketing, Reggie decided to do things a bit differently than those before him and changed the stage for E3 as a whole.
    Before Fils-Aimé, E3 was mostly a retailer/investor-focused event. presenters came with spreadsheets and sales projections in hand, ready for a dry and boring explanation of their games.

But when Reggie took the stage in 2004, his first words on stage shook the very foundation.
    "My name is Reggie. I'm about kicking ass, I'm about taking names, and we're about making games."
    Reggie Fils-Aimé was never a man in a suit, despite actually wearing a suit. He was a personality which understood that conferences were a performance, not an executive meeting.
    It was thanks to Fils-Aimé's WWE-like entrance that E3 became the hype-fest it is today. He came from the marketing world of other companies such as VH1, Guinness and Pizza Hut, but Nintendo seems to the best fit for Reggie, and not just because he's been there the longest. His famous line, "My body is ready" from the reveal of the Wii Fit Board is memorialized in the imaginary Hall of Memes in many internet dweller's minds. Because of that, Reggie will always be associated with Nintendo.
    On the memes created from his words, Fils-Aimé believes as though they have helped him with the image of being someone who loves Nintendo and their products.
    "I think what our fans see is someone who loves the content, who loves the company. I'm passionate about what I do. I'm fortunate that some very creative things come out of my mouth, and then the fan base just takes it and runs with it."
    In addition to that, he enjoys the fan base using his lines in the memes.

• Beyond this funny line, Reggie is also loved for going off script and showing genuine excitement about games and ideas in the industry.
    Since then, Nintendo has had its ups and downs, but lately, the Switch has proven to be a big up. Since its launch in March, the Switch has sold 2.74 million units worldwide. Of course, Reggie has weighed in on this success.
    "We wanted to make sure that the consumer proposition was clear and easy to understand — console gaming that you could take with you anywhere and play with anyone. And consumers loved the concept."
    Marketing terms aside, his point is that their direct messaging was crucial. The Wii U didn't have an obvious angle. With the name, the design of the console, and many other problems, some lesser informed consumers didn't even know the Wii U was a separate console to the Wii. Beyond that, the informed consumers never truly got to use the Wii U Game Pad to its fullest potential, as first-party games were relatively scarce and the Game Pad was otherwise hard to develop for outside of Nintendo.

"We wanted to make sure we had great new games launching on a regular basis," Fils-Aimé said about the Switch. So far, he's been correct. The console launched with a number of games at launch, including the wildly successful Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, then Mario Kart 8 Deluxe launched soon after. The year follows with ARMS and Splatoon 2 before it rounds out the year with Super Mario Odyssey in October.
    There is also no signs of stopping, as Nintendo has also announced that they're working on a Metroid and Pokemon game for the Nintendo Switch.
    With Reggie saying, "It's been a fantastic journey, now coming up on almost 14 years," It's probably safe to assume he'll be around for the foreseeable future.
  • IN THIS ARTICLE

Tags:
    NINTENDONINTENDO SWITCH

Quote:
More details on Ultra Sun and Moon, please.

Between the announcement of Metroid Prime 4 and the epic gameplay trailer for Super Mario Odyssey, you could say that Nintendo had a pretty great E3 in terms of both the near and distant future. The company is aware of the balancing act between long-term projects and more immediate ones, but Reggie Fils-Aime says that the primary focus is on what's coming in 2017. In speaking with Waypoint, Fils-Aime expressed this sentiment and revealed that the company is not done making reveals this year.
He said:
But to be clear, we look at E3 in the here and now. Our focus is on games that are largely going to be available between now and the end of the holiday season. And when you look at that lineup, there's a strong game coming literally every month, starting tomorrow with Arms, and then Splatoon 2, then in August is the Mario + Rabbids game, September, October with Super Mario Odyssey. We've got that great pace of content, and I can tell you there's more to be announced.
Fils-Aime didn't say what more Nintendo had to talk about for this year, but it is possible that he could be referring to the Skyrim Switch port that is rumored to land later this year or perhaps more details on Ultra Sun and Moon, which were absent from E3 2017.
Whatever it is, it's a good time to be a Nintendo fan.
Source: [Waypoint]

source: : EPN.tv & http://www.gamezone.com/

Last edited by zenith16; 06-25-2017 at 05:24 AM.
Old 06-29-2017, 10:03 AM   #655
zenith16
Side-Kick

Two article on e in video ant other written.

08:22

Batman Investigation - The Rundown - Electric Playground

18 hours ago
Published on 06/28/2017

Today in the Rundown, we investigate some cool new details about the next Batman movie! We also have the latest on the NES Classic, find out when you'll get to devour
the latest Kirby game, have more good news about the Nintendo Switch, pass judgement on the fate of the Breaking Bad spin-off Better Call Saul, and finally, we battle with cross-platform multiplayer!

also with

NEWS
[Rumor] Nintendo May be Working on Solving Two of the Switch's Biggest Problems Today at 11:37 am

According to a post on NeoGAF, documents were leaked related to the SDK for the Nintendo Switch. If they're...
Read more

Quote:
The Switch is great, but this could improve it drastically.

According to a post on NeoGAF, documents were leaked related to the SDK for the Nintendo Switch. If they're authentic, it's could mean something fairly big for the beloved new console.
When the Switch was announced, we were told that save files could not be transferred from one Switch to another. This disappointed a number of fans, but Nintendo has acknowledged their request for cloud saves and other such functions.
“I can’t say there’s a solution coming, but we do hear the message,” Reggie Fils Aime said in response to this feedback. That isn't a solid promise to change the Switch's functionality, but it does sound like Nintendo aims to appease the fans in some way regarding these issues.
The SDK on NeoGAF states, “In the future, we plan to provide a feature to transfer account save data among multiple consoles. As a result, there is the possibility that user accounts with uninitialized account save data will be added. Note that your design must work without issue, even in this case.”
Does this spell out guest logins for Nintendo Switch? Given the amount of choice the Switch currently offers, this would fit the bill perfectly for what's been offered so far. The picture above was also included in the NeoGAF leak with further illustrations showing Switch functionality.

IN THIS ARTICLE

Tags:
NINTENDO SWITCH

source: : EPN.tv & http://www.gamezone.com/

Last edited by zenith16; 06-29-2017 at 12:30 PM.
Old 06-29-2017, 05:28 PM   #656
Travesty
TEOL

Snake Pass is 40% off right now at $12. I heard good things about it, so I'm gonna jump on that while its on sale.

Travesty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 10:32 AM   #657
zenith16
Side-Kick

there's a Nintendo splatoon direct coming this week on the 6 th. this was also put up intit own thread.

Switch
Splatoon 2 Nintendo Direct set for July 6
Published 1 hour ago. 5 comments.

Quote:
A "re-FRESH-er" on the game's new features.
Nintendo will host a Splatoon 2 Nintendo Direct on July 6 at 7:00 a.m. PT / 10:00 a.m. ET / 3:00 p.m. UK time where it will “provide a re-FRESH-er on some of the new features, weapons and styles” in Splatoon 2.
You’ll be able to watch it live at the following links:
Splatoon 2 is due out for Switch on July 21.

source: Gematsu

Old 07-03-2017, 10:38 AM   #658
X Knight
Symbol of Hope

how often are these Nintendo Direct events held? And what's the difference between the Direct events and the Treehouses?

also, I finally picked up Mario Kart 8. It's the 1st time I've played a Kart game since the 1st one on the SNES. Not really sure what I'm doing, but it was fun just racing around the tracks.......lol. It will be a nice diversion - something that I can just pick up and play for fun and take a break from more "serious" games.

Old 07-03-2017, 11:05 AM   #659
Sithborg
The new ewoks

They do big directs about quartely, going over what is coming in the next quarter. The game specific directs come just before a game releases, and they tend to do that for the big releases.

The Treehouse streams are where they have the people from the Nintendo Treehouse division, which at least used to be, is Nintendo of America's localization division.

Sithborg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 11:32 AM   #660
zenith16
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Knight View Post
how often are these Nintendo Direct events held? And what's the difference between the Direct events and the Treehouses?

also, I finally picked up Mario Kart 8. It's the 1st time I've played a Kart game since the 1st one on the SNES. Not really sure what I'm doing, but it was fun just racing around the tracks.......lol. It will be a nice diversion - something that I can just pick up and play for fun and take a break from more "serious" games.
the biggest difference is the direct are where they announce preview wise with a trailer or teaser of the game. it justa ways to tell people what they have coming this , month year or year after..

and three house is where they show case how the game play's from the north american side that's doing the localization as sith said . but the three is more of an in house interview thing with the devs of japan and the north american side that does the translation of the game doing the interviews and showing off how the game play's before they finish making it available to us all in the west .

Old 07-03-2017, 02:59 PM   #661
Spidey-Bat
Ours is the Fury

I bit the bullet and preordered a Switch bundle from ThinkGeek. It comes with some extras I don't really want/need. However, I know prices of RAM and SSD have skyrocketed this year due to increased demand from smartphone manufacturers. That hasn't changed and I'm expecting a Switch to be hard to find probably until Q2 2018.

Spidey-Bat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 04:25 PM   #662
X Knight
Symbol of Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sithborg View Post
They do big directs about quartely, going over what is coming in the next quarter. The game specific directs come just before a game releases, and they tend to do that for the big releases.

The Treehouse streams are where they have the people from the Nintendo Treehouse division, which at least used to be, is Nintendo of America's localization division.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenith16 View Post
the biggest difference is the direct are where they announce preview wise with a trailer or teaser of the game. it justa ways to tell people what they have coming this , month year or year after..

and three house is where they show case how the game play's from the north american side that's doing the localization as sith said . but the three is more of an in house interview thing with the devs of japan and the north american side that does the translation of the game doing the interviews and showing off how the game play's before they finish making it available to us all in the west .
thanks guys.

Old 07-03-2017, 04:25 PM   #663
X Knight
Symbol of Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey-Bat View Post
I bit the bullet and preordered a Switch bundle from ThinkGeek. It comes with some extras I don't really want/need. However, I know prices of RAM and SSD have skyrocketed this year due to increased demand from smartphone manufacturers. That hasn't changed and I'm expecting a Switch to be hard to find probably until Q2 2018.
awesome!! hope you enjoy it!!

what bundle/games did you get with it?

Old 07-03-2017, 05:14 PM   #664
zenith16
Side-Kick

NEWS
Select Nintendo Switch games are on sale at Best Buy right now Today at 2:48 pm

Best Buy has put a couple of Nintendo Switch games on sale for the first time, so if you are a more frugal...
Read more

Quote:
Gamers Club Unlocked members get an additional 20% off

\Best Buy has put a couple of Nintendo Switch games on sale for the first time, so if you are a more frugal and patient gamer, your time to strike may have arrived. The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth, Puyo Puyo Tetris, LEGO City Undercover, and Just Dance 2017 are the games in question, getting discounts for the first time as members of the Nintendo Switch library.

Here's a breakdown with links to the sales:
GAMEDISCOUNT PERCENTAGEPRICE

The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth25% $29.99 Puyo Puyo Tetris Launch Edition25% $29.99 LEGO City Undercover33% $39.99 Just Dance 201733% $39.99

It's worth noting that if you are part of Best Buy's Gamers Club Unlocked program, you will get an additional 20% off on these titles.
The prize of the offerings here is easily The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth, as it is the latest expansion from the long-running Dungeon RPG Shooter and brings a wealth of new content to an already stacked package. The game currently holds an average Metascore of 86, while Puyo Puyo comes in at an 81, LEGO City Undercover a 78, and Just Dance 2017 a 72.
Source: [Best Buy via Gamespot]

Old 07-03-2017, 06:30 PM   #665
X Knight
Symbol of Hope

oh nice!! thanks for posting that zenith!

I might pick up Puyo Tetris for that sales price + GCU discount.

If Ultra Street Fighter 2 ever goes on sale like that, I'll get that one too.

Old 07-03-2017, 08:36 PM   #666
Spidey-Bat
Ours is the Fury

Quote:
awesome!! hope you enjoy it!!

what bundle/games did you get with it?
I ordered a bundle that has BotW, two Zelda mangas, and a sketchbook in the shape of the Sheikah slate for ~$450. However, I checked GameStop minutes later and they have a new bundle with BotW, Pro Controller, and BotW DLC. I placed an order since, while more expensive ($500 all in), it's stuff I'll end up buying anyway.

Old 07-03-2017, 09:43 PM   #667
X Knight
Symbol of Hope

Quote:
I ordered a bundle that has BotW, two Zelda mangas, and a sketchbook in the shape of the Sheikah slate for ~$450. However, I checked GameStop minutes later and they have a new bundle with BotW, Pro Controller, and BotW DLC. I placed an order since, while more expensive ($500 all in), it's stuff I'll end up buying anyway.
nice!

so you went with the Pro controller bundle?

I definitely recommend the Pro controller. I can't imagine playing without it.

and BoTW is pretty fun, too. A bit different from what I expected from a Zelda game, though. but certainly a must own for the Switch.

Old 07-04-2017, 12:39 AM   #668
zenith16
Side-Kick

RuneScape is on the Switch (using the Rainway app)
July 3, 2017 One comment

If you’re one of the small army of people wondering when you can play your favorite MMOs on the Nintendo Switch for some reason, the good news is that it appears to be happening here. Here’s RuneScape running on the Nintendo Switch:
Quote:
Click image to watch

Follow
Andrew Sampson ? @Andrewmd5

Some people wanted to see an MMO, so here is @RuneScape (the best MMO) on the Nintendo Switch via @RainwayApp
9:25 AM - 1 Jul 2017

Of course, this is not an official port or client but a bit of trickery using the Rainway application, which is built on the promise of letting you control your favorite PC games on a variety of different viewing devices. Read more

via: Massivelyop.com/
source: Twitter

Old 07-04-2017, 11:45 PM   #669
zenith16
Side-Kick

Neptunia Producer Says That A Neptunia Game Could End Up On The Switch If Fans Show Interest . July 3, 2017 . 8:30am

“It would be great if we hear feedback from our fans letting us know if they’d like to see Neptunia on the Switch, then it might be realized,” Neptunia producer Naoko Mizuno said.

105 comments Read >

Quote:

When it comes to the Neptunia series of games, Compile Heart and Idea Factory have never released a title on any Nintendo platform. However, the series’ producer says that that could change, but it would have to rely on fans’ reception.

Speaking to DualShockers during this year’s Anime Expo, Neptunia producer Naoko Mizuno was asked if there was any possibility of a Neptunia game coming to the Switch. Mizuno said the following in response:
“It would be great if we hear feedback from our fans letting us know if they’d like to see Neptunia on the Switch, then it might be realized.”
In addition, since the characters in the Neptunia series each represent a different gaming console, Mizuno was asked if that would mean that the Switch would get its own personification, Mizuno provided a hint:
“In terms oharacters we may see a new character down the line, you’ll just have to see.”

source:Siliconera

Old 07-05-2017, 01:44 PM   #670
zenith16
Side-Kick

NEWS
Nintendo Switch May Get More Telltale Games After Minecraft Today at 10:41 am

Telltale Games makes games on a lot of platforms. Currently, The Walking Dead: Season One alone is on Android,...Read more

Old 07-05-2017, 05:46 PM   #671
Spidey-Bat
Ours is the Fury

Quote:
nice!

so you went with the Pro controller bundle?

I definitely recommend the Pro controller. I can't imagine playing without it.

and BoTW is pretty fun, too. A bit different from what I expected from a Zelda game, though. but certainly a must own for the Switch.
I already beat most of it for WiiU. But I was going to get it for the Switch anyway. I already have Twilight Princess for Wii, Gamecube, and WiiU.

Old 07-05-2017, 08:03 PM   #672
zenith16
Side-Kick

Got new a08:41

Got new's on a lost Rayman game in the video below @ time stamp 4: 06/8:40 it was originally made for the snes ,but never made it to the console and you need a snes emlator for it.

Overwatch Next Character Teased - The Rundown - Electric Playground

Published on 07/05/2017

Today in the Rundown, we have new details from Blizzard about the new character coming to Overwatch! We also find out how the Total War series is expanding, get big with
Christopher Nolan's new movie Dunkirk, find out how you can play a never-before-seen Rayman game, take a leap of faith with a new Assassin's Creed anime tale, raid the latest on Mass Effect Andromeda, find out how the Half-Life series is continuing, and finally, take a new look at the upcoming game Agents of Mayhem!

source: : EPN.tv

Last edited by zenith16; 07-05-2017 at 08:09 PM.
Old 07-06-2017, 10:38 AM   #673
X Knight
Symbol of Hope

Quote:
I already beat most of it for WiiU. But I was going to get it for the Switch anyway. I already have Twilight Princess for Wii, Gamecube, and WiiU.
ah, that's right. I forgot you had BOW already on Wii U.

well now you can finish it on the Switch!

but I take it the saves don't carry over from the Wii U version, so you'd have to start all over?

Old 07-06-2017, 03:12 PM   #674
Tron Bonne
All Ass, No Sass
SHH! Moderator

Looks like Amazon is going to have some Switches in stock the 11th for Prime customers. Not sure if that applies to anyone here, but just in case.

"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days.
Tron Bonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 07:38 PM   #675
zenith16
Side-Kick

It's the first segment in the video below

09:24

Nintendo's Online Problem - The Rundown - Electric Playground
  • 471 views3 hours ago
Published on 07/06/2017

Today in the Rundown, we dive into the problems with Nintendo's online services and how they might splatter Splatoon 2. We also have a look at some cool new content
for Horizon: Zero Dawn, battle our nemesis with a cool new feature for Middle-earth: Shadow of War, find out how Mass Effect Andromeda is staying in the race, and finally, get the first details on a sequel to the new car chase movie Baby Driver!

source: EPN.tv