The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2012, 04:34 AM   #126
herolee10
No More Miracles
 
herolee10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 25,033
Default Re: The Lana Lang Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAMOSFIRE View Post
5 years? You said 6-8 years. 20-something is fine for Lana to look. Lots of 30-year-olds look 20.

Anyway, no way is Lois appropriate for Superman. Unless we want a cougar theme.
5 years in terms of seeing the first sequel to the MOS. And yeah, there's no way that they'd cast someone that young for a role that calls for someone to be in their mid-late 20's for the Adult Lana, and the studios is more likely to cast an actress that's much popular and well known than Jadin Gould for an Adult Lana.


And you're seriously saying that Lois is not appropriate for Superman based on Amy's age alone? Wow, that really says a lot about you.


Regardless of Amy's age, if Lois is presented as the woman right for Clark/Superman in this franchise, along with the creative minds desiring to, then Lois and Superman will end up together...and no, it's not just a Donner thing.

Seriously dude, your logic doesn't make any sense.

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 04:35 AM   #127
herolee10
No More Miracles
 
herolee10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 25,033
Default Re: The Lana Lang Thread

Double Post

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 08:53 AM   #128
VAMOSFIRE
Awaiting Email Confirmation
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 20
Default Re: The Lana Lang Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
5 years in terms of seeing the first sequel to the MOS. And yeah, there's no way that they'd cast someone that young for a role that calls for someone to be in their mid-late 20's for the Adult Lana, and the studios is more likely to cast an actress that's much popular and well known than Jadin Gould for an Adult Lana.


And you're seriously saying that Lois is not appropriate for Superman based on Amy's age alone? Wow, that really says a lot about you.


Regardless of Amy's age, if Lois is presented as the woman right for Clark/Superman in this franchise, along with the creative minds desiring to, then Lois and Superman will end up together...and no, it's not just a Donner thing.

Seriously dude, your logic doesn't make any sense.
Well "dude"....let me first point out that you are talking about the 2nd MOS film while I am talking about the 3rd-
Quote:
Originally Posted by VAMOSFIRE View Post
Jadin Gould will be adult by the 3rd Man Of Steel film so maybe she can play the adult Lana Lang too.
As for Amy Adams....I only referred to her age because I didn't want to have to point out that that she simply looks old, and will only look older. Make-up doesn't save her now and it won't save her in the sequels. I'm not talking specifically of the number of year's she's been on earth. 38-year-old Eva Mendes would make a perfect Lois Lane and so would 36-year-old Paula Patton. Especially Paula Patton, a perfect Lois. So it isn't about the numerical age, but rather how old the actress appears on film. A cougar dynamic isn't really necessary. However, maybe there is no romantic link between between Lois/Superman/Clark in Snyder's trilogy. Donner/Lester/Singer focused so intently on romance, that maybe Snyder will avoid it at all costs to set his films apart.


Last edited by VAMOSFIRE; 03-03-2012 at 09:05 AM.
VAMOSFIRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 09:02 AM   #129
Prime
Banned User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 382
Default Re: The Lana Lang Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAMOSFIRE View Post
only referred to her age because I didn't want to have to point out that that she simply looks old,
Umm, I don't agree with that at all and I don't think a lot of people would either. Amy Adams certainly does not look old and there's no way of knowing how she will age in the coming years. She might look mid 30-ish until she's 45 or she might age a lot in 3 years time. Though given her body type/facial features Im not worried at all IF we get a sequel or even two. Superman is in such a bad state movie wise that im sure everybody's prime focus is to bring him back from the dead and make a really good movie, not how an actress might look in 7 years time in the hypothetical 3rd sequel.

Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 09:10 AM   #130
VAMOSFIRE
Awaiting Email Confirmation
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 20
Default Re: The Lana Lang Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime View Post
Umm, I don't agree with that at all and I don't think a lot of people would either. Amy Adams certainly does not look old and there's no way of knowing how she will age in the coming years. She might look mid 30-ish until she's 45 or she might age a lot in 3 years time. Though given her body type/facial features Im not worried at all IF we get a sequel or even two. Superman is in such a bad state movie wise that im sure everybody's prime focus is to bring him back from the dead and make a really good movie, not how an actress might look in 7 years time in the hypothetical 3rd sequel.
I think she looks late 30s right now. But no problem, everyone has their own definition of what is too old. She has got plenty of criticism though on the imdb boards. And if the prime focus you speak of is any way related to box office, I'd have to say the Lois casting is a missed opportunity. And if she was cast for acting ability alone, well that is a waste. This film is supposed to be high on action, rather than the character development of Lois.

VAMOSFIRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 10:23 AM   #131
Rockstar
Banned User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,634
Default Re: The Lana Lang Thread

Adams as Lois is really not that different from Maggie Gyllenhaal as Rachel Dawes.


I don't think gen audiences will care overall. They aren't going into this thing to see the superhero's love interests. They're both supporting characters basically.


Keeping that in mind, Lana Lang (beyond Kansas flashbacks) is completely unnecessary. They won't use her in Superman's adult life.

Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 10:46 AM   #132
Prime
Banned User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 382
Default Re: The Lana Lang Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAMOSFIRE View Post
I think she looks late 30s right now. But no problem, everyone has their own definition of what is too old.
Yes, of course everyone sees things with their own eyes, but I have no definition of what is old, I simply go by how the majority of people look like in the certain time frame of their life (not counting in factors like where they live, quality of life, etc. but taking into account the average human living in developed countries). If I didn't know how old she was and saw, for example, the MOS set pictures, I would say 30 or early 30s. Which imo is quite perfect for Lois Lane. I know women who are 40 and look like 60 and women who are 50 and look like 35. Amy doesn't really look her age and that isn't really my opinion but kind of a fact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAMOSFIRE View Post
She has got plenty of criticism though on the imdb boards.
Im sorry but that has no credibility whatsoever. The IMDB boards are basicly unmoderated and a nest for trolls and mentally ill. I visited the MOS and some other boards a few times and it's quite shocking really, like a lunatic asylum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAMOSFIRE View Post
And if the prime focus you speak of is any way related to box office, I'd have to say the Lois casting is a missed opportunity.
I don't see how. It would be much worse for box office if they cast a much less talented actress who might have more box office appeal and have her butcher the role. Word of mouth is becoming quite important these days and the last thing MOS needs is a poor actor bogging down the quality of the entire movie and drawing criticism. Besides, Amy is quite well known and with 3 academy award nominations a good draw herself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAMOSFIRE View Post
And if she was cast for acting ability alone, well that is a waste. This film is supposed to be high on action, rather than the character development of Lois.
How do you know that it's a waste, did you read the script? And you think a movie high on action cannot have character development? Then you must not have seen a lot of movies! I really don't think this movie is aiming to be simply high action, shallow blockbuster. For one Christopher Nolan wouldn't have his name attached to the story if it was. And we have no way of knowing how much character development for Lois Lane there is. But so far we've seen her almost everywhere in the set pics, Smallville, Alaskan village, Vancouver, Army Base, we know she was in Chicago for the daily planet scenes etc., all indicating Lois will probably have quite the presence in the movie. Especially since it seems Zod really does want something with her.

No offence but with all this box office draw and a waste to get someone with acting ability talk and high on action etc., you are almost making it sound like they should have cast Megan Fox as Lois or something and that MOS is going to be a Transformers movie with Superman in it.

Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 11:25 AM   #133
Rockstar
Banned User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,634
Default Re: The Lana Lang Thread

I'm glad Nolan's name is attached to it. It implies that the romance/love interest subplot will be a minor thing. We likely won't get this kind of stuff.


Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 12:48 PM   #134
Mad Love
The Future of Justice
 
Mad Love's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Paradise Island
Posts: 6,344
Default Re: The Lana Lang Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
Adams as Lois is really not that different from Maggie Gyllenhaal as Rachel Dawes.

I don't think gen audiences will care overall. They aren't going into this thing to see the superhero's love interests. They're both supporting characters basically.
Not true. First of all, Rachel Dawes is a made up character while Lois Lane is one of the most iconic female comic book characters, which is amazing since she isn't even a super hero.

And why wouldn't the general audience care? Lois and Clark is one of the most established relationships in comics. That's like saying people won't care about Spider-man and Gwen Stacy. Fans care and in case you don't know, a lot of movie goers are women. Amy Adams and Lois Lane already have strong fan bases.

__________________
Wonder Woman will save saved the DCEU 2017!

"I think that [Wonder Woman and Batman] are very Alpha-type." - Gal Gadot
"I think [Wonder Woman] is the True North superhero of this posse." - Patty Jenkins
"Wonder Woman is the Best Fighter in the DC Universe" - Geoff Johns
Mad Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 02:50 PM   #135
Rockstar
Banned User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,634
Default Re: The Lana Lang Thread

I wouldn't go that far about the relationship aspect.


Warner Bros blamed the 'clickflick focus' as the main failing of SR. They've mentioned it over and over again.

They're going to market MoS as an action-driven film like TDK and definitely aim to draw in that audience.

Adams has been mentioned by Nolan as a favorite of his for some time. She was cast for her high profile talent, not her fanbase.

Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 03:23 PM   #136
Lead Cenobite
Exquisitely Empty
 
Lead Cenobite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: US
Posts: 4,056
Default Re: The Lana Lang Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
I'm glad Nolan's name is attached to it. It implies that the romance/love interest subplot will be a minor thing. We likely won't get this kind of stuff.

And apparently it also implies that Colonel Hardy's gonna end up being Lex Luthor. You people have no imagination.

Lead Cenobite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 03:44 PM   #137
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious
 
LibidoLoca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 22,897
Default Re: The Lana Lang Thread

I can see why some would think Nolan's involvement would mean a minor focus or no focus on the Lois and Clark relationship. I expect a romance subplot (hopefully not as poorly executed as Bruce/Rachel), nonetheless.

LibidoLoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 05:52 PM   #138
MydnightPhoenix
Lois Lane --> Leia Lane
 
MydnightPhoenix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: United States of Obama
Posts: 4,514
Default Re: The Lana Lang Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
Adams as Lois is really not that different from Maggie Gyllenhaal as Rachel Dawes.


I don't think gen audiences will care overall. They aren't going into this thing to see the superhero's love interests. They're both supporting characters basically.


Keeping that in mind, Lana Lang (beyond Kansas flashbacks) is completely unnecessary. They won't use her in Superman's adult life.
I guess I'm not the general audience because I Lois is mostly what I tune into when it comes to Superman. Hearing her tied in with freakin Maggie Gyllenhaal is disheartening to say the least.
I agree that Amy does look old, especially in close up where you can see the lines around her eyes.
With how this film is going, if Lana does show up I can expect her to be better looking than Lois just as she was in Superman 3 and in Smallville. Especially if she is played by a younger actress with no wrinkles.

__________________

Lois Lane
Jessica Chastain, Natalie Dormer, Scarlett Johansson



Last edited by MydnightPhoenix; 03-03-2012 at 05:58 PM.
MydnightPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 06:25 PM   #139
herolee10
No More Miracles
 
herolee10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 25,033
Default Re: The Lana Lang Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
I wouldn't go that far about the relationship aspect.


Warner Bros blamed the 'clickflick focus' as the main failing of SR. They've mentioned it over and over again.

They're going to market MoS as an action-driven film like TDK and definitely aim to draw in that audience.

Adams has been mentioned by Nolan as a favorite of his for some time. She was cast for her high profile talent, not her fanbase.
That's because the relationship part was badly handled in SR to begin with. I'm not saying that the relationship will be as primary focus in MOS as it was in SR, but I wouldn't say that the development between Lois and Clark/Superman won't be important at all.

Seriously, the view of Lois and of women in comic books that some posters have here is simply degrading at times.

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 07:19 PM   #140
Project862006
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 21,198
Default Re: The Lana Lang Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
I'm glad Nolan's name is attached to it. It implies that the romance/love interest subplot will be a minor thing. We likely won't get this kind of stuff.
yes because zach has been so remembered as a man who loves romantic sub plots lol

Project862006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 07:24 PM   #141
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious
 
LibidoLoca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 22,897
Default Re: The Lana Lang Thread

With Zack I would expect a love scene with Lois and Clark with Celine Dion's "It's All Coming Back to Me Now" playing in the background.

LibidoLoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 07:42 PM   #142
VAMOSFIRE
Awaiting Email Confirmation
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 20
Default Re: The Lana Lang Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime View Post
Im sorry but that has no credibility whatsoever. The IMDB boards are basicly unmoderated and a nest for trolls and mentally ill. I visited the MOS and some other boards a few times and it's quite shocking really, like a lunatic asylum.

No offence but with all this box office draw and a waste to get someone with acting ability talk and high on action etc., you are almost making it sound like they should have cast Megan Fox as Lois or something and that MOS is going to be a Transformers movie with Superman in it.
Wow, it's like you can't read. I never said the actress should have NO ACTING SKILLS. You think Amy Adams is the only good actress in the world? There are GREAT actresses with box office appeal, let alone good actresses.

And sorry but imdb actually represents the mainstream. And the mainstream represents most of the box office. Without the box office, there is no trilogy.

VAMOSFIRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 08:11 PM   #143
Prime
Banned User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 382
Default Re: The Lana Lang Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAMOSFIRE View Post
Wow, it's like you can't read. I never said the actress should have NO ACTING SKILLS.
I can read perfectly fine. And I never said that you said no acting skills, but let me remind you what you DID write:

´´And if she was cast for acting ability alone, well that is a waste. This film is supposed to be high on action, rather than the character development of Lois.``

You said it is a waste to cast someone on acting ability alone and elaborated that with the notion that the film is supposed to be action not character development. So I can read perfectly fine, it's just that you are dodging my statements with lame personal flaming (just like the IMDB trolls...interesting) because you have no actual counter arguments to you'r silly statements. The proof is there, you wrote what you wrote and it signifies that you think acting ability in MOS is worthless because it is supposed to be action.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAMOSFIRE View Post
You think Amy Adams is the only good actress in the world? There are GREAT actresses with box office appeal, let alone good actresses.
I never said that she is and yes there are but how many are suited to play Lois? Can't really think of any right now that are and is a better actress than Amy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAMOSFIRE View Post
And sorry but imdb actually represents the mainstream. And the mainstream represents most of the box office. Without the box office, there is no trilogy.
Perhaps IMDB does in terms of the voting system, IMDB boards however do not. There are only a dozen or so somewhat regular people posting on the IMDB MOS board, half of them are crazy trolls taking advantage of IMDB's no moderation zone. So these hardly represent the mainstream you keep referring to. Oh, and if you want to talk mainstream and IMDB, low voting scores and bashing on the IMDB boards doesn't stop crap like Transformers from making a lot of money and having sequels. Just saying...


Last edited by Prime; 03-03-2012 at 08:30 PM.
Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 07:28 AM   #144
VAMOSFIRE
Awaiting Email Confirmation
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 20
Default Re: The Lana Lang Thread

You used the transformer actress as an example. That means no acting skills. Why couldn't you use Paula Patton, Reese Witherspoon or Natalie Portman (all are better actresses than Amy Adams) as examples? All 3 can seriously act, and have been in action films. You chose the absolutely one-dimensional Megan Fox.

Casting Amy Adams for acting ability alone would by a waste, as I said before. It would be a waste, because Amy Adams has no box office appeal (unlike Paula Patton - Mission Impossible 4, Deja Vu - and Natalie Portman - Star Wars, Thor, Black Swan) and therefore would be best suited to films that aren't targeting the box office where she can flourish and receive praise for her lone skill - acting ability. Good acting will be overlooked if she can't play an appealing Lois.

Lois isn't a deep character, and will be more shallow than ever in this film which is supposed to be more action-driven than all previous Superman films. So what will Amy Adams be left with? That lone skill of hers will not be on display. Same thing happened to Maggy G in The Dark Knight, an actress with good acting skills but no box office appeal, playing a shallow character that couldn't display her only strength. The only reason I see for casting Maggy G is that Rachel was going to die anyway. Maybe Lois is about to die. I don't see her being an asset to the popularity of the MOS trilogy with Amy Adams playing the character.

As I've said before, Snyder has admitted to doing everything he can to set his film apart from the Donner/Lester/Singer films. Pushing Lois away would be the best way to accomplish this. She was central to most of those films. Beyond this post, I have nothing more to say on this issue. Nobody will ever convince me that Amy Adams was good casting. Not sure if Nolan is behind it, but he did a poor job of casting actresses throughout the Batman trilogy (Katie Holmes, Maggy G, Anne Hathaway), that is for sure. After the successful but somewhat tame box office success of Batman Begins (hardly any different to Superman Returns), Heath Ledger drove that franchise to new heights. But criticism of the Rachel Dawes castings remained.


Last edited by VAMOSFIRE; 03-04-2012 at 07:48 AM.
VAMOSFIRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 12:55 PM   #145
Dr.
Scorpion-Kick
 
Dr.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 2,954
Default Re: The Lana Lang Thread

Whether Adams will be too old to play Lois in hypothetical sequels is, of course, a future problem for those sequels. But for the current (or 2013) film know as MOS, I think Adams is an inspired choice.

Also keep in mind – on boards like these we get to do idealized “fantasy” casting. But in the real word, there are messy details to contend with. Would Natalie Portman have made a good Lois? Maybe. But she just played the love interest to another superhero (and may be obligated to sequels). So that’s a factor against. Perhaps the “ideal Lois” (whoever that may be) was approached but declined the role; perhaps another good choice was interested but couldn’t accommodate the schedule. There are a myriad of behind-the-scenes factors that go into a final casting decision.

Fans should be counting their lucky stars that someone as talented as Adams was a) selected, b) available and c) actually interested in playing Lois.

Dr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 04:26 PM   #146
Prime
Banned User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 382
Default Re: The Lana Lang Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAMOSFIRE View Post
You used the transformer actress as an example. That means no acting skills. Why couldn't you use Paula Patton, Reese Witherspoon or Natalie Portman (all are better actresses than Amy Adams) as examples? All 3 can seriously act, and have been in action films. You chose the absolutely one-dimensional Megan Fox.

Casting Amy Adams for acting ability alone would by a waste, as I said before. It would be a waste, because Amy Adams has no box office appeal (unlike Paula Patton - Mission Impossible 4, Deja Vu - and Natalie Portman - Star Wars, Thor, Black Swan) and therefore would be best suited to films that aren't targeting the box office where she can flourish and receive praise for her lone skill - acting ability. Good acting will be overlooked if she can't play an appealing Lois.
I personally can't see Patton and Whiterspoon as Lane and there is no way Patton has more box office appeal than Amy (or even close to Amy's chops) Just because she was in successful movies doesn't mean they were successful because she was in them, because that had nothing to do with it. And honestly, I don't think the casting of Lois Lane would/will have any noticeable effect on the box office anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAMOSFIRE View Post
Lois isn't a deep character, and will be more shallow than ever in this film which is supposed to be more action-driven than all previous Superman films. So what will Amy Adams be left with? That lone skill of hers will not be on display. Same thing happened to Maggy G in The Dark Knight, an actress with good acting skills but no box office appeal, playing a shallow character that couldn't display her only strength. The only reason I see for casting Maggy G is that Rachel was going to die anyway. Maybe Lois is about to die. I don't see her being an asset to the popularity of the MOS trilogy with Amy Adams playing the character.
Right, and because they cast Maggy G - who admittedly has little to no box office appeal as an actress - in TDK, that movie bombed....oh wait. And I absolutely disagree on your assessment that Lois Lane is some shallow character and again how can you POSSIBLY know that she will be even ´´more shallow`` as you say in MOS. Unless you've read the script you can't know that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAMOSFIRE View Post
As I've said before, Snyder has admitted to doing everything he can to set his film apart from the Donner/Lester/Singer films. Pushing Lois away would be the best way to accomplish this. She was central to most of those films.
I also disagree with this. Lois was central because she IS central. Superman without Lois is like Superman without Metropolis, Clark Kent, Daily Planet etc. Lois doesn't need to be pushed away for the movie to be set apart from the Donner movies. To think that would require total lack of imagination and understanding/knowledge of the deep history of the character. Besides, this is still a Superman movie and Lois Lane is a core character. Only so much you can do to change things around before it stops being Superman and turns into something else entirely. The movie will still be similar in ways to the old movies because it's - in the very basic form - the same story being retold for a different audience, in a different time with a different vision. But some things don't change. You don't mess with Lois Lane. You don't just kill off Lois Lane like Rachel D - a character invented for the movies.


Quote:
Originally Posted by VAMOSFIRE View Post
Beyond this post, I have nothing more to say on this issue. Nobody will ever convince me that Amy Adams was good casting.
I also have nothing more to say on this. After all this is the Lana Lang topic and we all kind of derailed it. And as you said, nothing will ever convince you that Amy was good casting as nothing will convince me that it wasn't. Although I will not be 100% sold until I see the movie and see how Lois is written and how Amy does. Until then I think it's unfair to completely embrace - or write her off. There have been a few cases in the history of comic book movies where people will even a lot more disgraced with the choice of an actor and it turned out to be brilliant.

Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 04:30 AM   #147
MydnightPhoenix
Lois Lane --> Leia Lane
 
MydnightPhoenix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: United States of Obama
Posts: 4,514
Default Re: The Lana Lang Thread

I will never understand why people who defend Amy have to jump right to Megan Fox as a hypothetical Lois Lane. Looks and acting can go hand in hand you know! There are attractive actresses who also are good actresses; as has been mentioned Natalie Portman is one of them. The are also better looking actresses who have also been nominated and won Oscars who would be better suited for the role of Lois in looks, ability, and personality.

I would hate for Lana Lang to appear in these movies, not only because I don't like the character, but because she will no doubt be played by a better looking actress. I am definitely not a fan of Lana being a love interest, I feel she was never done well as a character who was central to any story outside of Smallville.

__________________

Lois Lane
Jessica Chastain, Natalie Dormer, Scarlett Johansson


MydnightPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 04:42 AM   #148
Prime
Banned User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 382
Default Re: The Lana Lang Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szetsilya View Post
I will never understand why people who defend Amy have to jump right to Megan Fox as a hypothetical Lois Lane. Looks and acting can go hand in hand you know! There are attractive actresses who also are good actresses; as has been mentioned Natalie Portman is one of them. The are also better looking actresses who have also been nominated and won Oscars who would be better suited for the role of Lois in looks, ability, and personality.

Since this is directed at me I will respond even though I don't want to discuss Lois Lane in this topic anymore. I only mentioned Megan Fox because the person who I was discussing with implied that Lois is a shallow character and getting someone with good acting ability would be a waste, especially for a movie supposedly high in action (only). In that regard Megan Fox is a good and valid comparison and one that most people know and are familiar with, since she has no acting ability and played a shallow character in a high action movie with terrible story/writing. That is all. And beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I consider Amy to be more attractive than Natalie Portman who I honestly never ever found attractive even though she IS but my eyes don't like her and I think she's quite overrated as an actress and was horrible in Thor as well. And I also think Natalie Dormer looks a lot less like I'd imagine Lois Lane to look (she actually looks a bit like an Alien, creepy and weird) and a mediocre actress as well, just to give my opinion. But this is really the last from me on this issue, if you want to respond to me please feel free to do so in the Lois Lane topic and let's continue there.

Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 04:58 AM   #149
herolee10
No More Miracles
 
herolee10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 25,033
Default Re: The Lana Lang Thread

In regards to Jadin's role as Lana in this film, I'm pretty confident that her ST and presence will be similar to how they did with Lana's character in S:TM.

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 05:05 AM   #150
Prime
Banned User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 382
Default Re: The Lana Lang Thread

Yeah I think it's going to be a small role. I wonder how much time they'll devote to Clark's early teenage years anyway, since it seems they are covering the whole period from birth to adulthood. I hope they don't rush any aspects of the movie as this is looking to be a long one. I'd also like it if they made Lana being the one in love with Clark and him being sort of indifferent to it, as we've seen in some comics. But I kind of doubt they'll go that way. And I'd rather not see Lana Lang after this, at least not for the sequel, if one happens.

Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:55 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of Mandatory Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2018 All Rights Reserved.