Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2013, 11:29 PM   #901
The Original Bamfer
Big, Bald and Beautiful

Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - - - - - Part 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell2ThaIzzay View Post
Bon jour

Of course it's an incredibly reliable source. They always are.

You're not a very talented troll.

Old 11-11-2013, 11:55 PM   #902
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

^ You didn't actually think everyone was just gonna instantly believe your sources did you?

Old 11-12-2013, 12:03 AM   #903
The Original Bamfer
Big, Bald and Beautiful

Absolutely not, as I said earlier tonight. I only spilled it because I thought it would excite people and give them hope, not for the notoriety. But it is irritating when all a particular member can respond with are very soft jabs at me because I have inside information. I don't gloat about it, I just occasionally let a bit out for those who want to know more. Believe me or not, I don't care. But being immature and completely noncontributory in every related response is tiring.

Old 11-12-2013, 12:32 AM   #904
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by danoyse View Post
If I'm not mistaken (and it's entirely possible that I am), they handle distribution in the biggest foreign markets. Again, not sure if that's still the case, but it was during the X3 days...when this same argument was going on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperT View Post
I think they still do. In fact, I recently had a case study in one of my marketing classes that talked about how Fox has been putting more focus on the flipside of that as well - selling foreign movies into the US market place.

Very smart on their part.
Interesting. Good for Wolverine and Fox. Wonder if other studios will follow. International numbers have been killing it for these big films, would assume it will only grow through the years.

Old 11-12-2013, 12:40 AM   #905
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Original Bamfer View Post
You're not a very talented troll.
That's good to hear because I am no troll.

Quote:
Absolutely not, as I said earlier tonight. I only spilled it because I thought it would excite people and give them hope, not for the notoriety. But it is irritating when all a particular member can respond with are very soft jabs at me because I have inside information. I don't gloat about it, I just occasionally let a bit out for those who want to know more. Believe me or not, I don't care. But being immature and completely noncontributory in every related response is tiring.
You have been very gloatful about it. Anytime any sort of discussion comes up, you come in with your "I KNOW" calls and refuse to acknowledge that your information could be wrong. Your whole attitude awhile back was "I know something you don't, neener neener neener" and now that you've leaked it you've been very arrogant about making sure everyone knows your information can't be questioned.

You have every tell of someone dropping false information to rile up a message board, and I believe that is exactly what you are doing.

Old 11-12-2013, 01:09 AM   #906
The Original Bamfer
Big, Bald and Beautiful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell2ThaIzzay View Post
That's good to hear because I am no troll.

You have been very gloatful about it. Anytime any sort of discussion comes up, you come in with your "I KNOW" calls and refuse to acknowledge that your information could be wrong. Your whole attitude awhile back was "I know something you don't, neener neener neener" and now that you've leaked it you've been very arrogant about making sure everyone knows your information can't be questioned.

You have every tell of someone dropping false information to rile up a message board, and I believe that is exactly what you are doing.
Wow, when someone has information you don't like, you really can't remove your ruby-quartz-tinted glasses, can you? Your observations are the opposite of my actual behavior. And I don't expect you to beleive me when it involves information that's upsetting to you. Aww.

Old 11-12-2013, 01:10 AM   #907
Mrs Vimes
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figs View Post
Only because I think this cast has had their time, they did a good to great job(some poor actually)but I want to see something new in the future.
This. I enjoy the OT cast in the first two movies, and some of them have done a truly wonderful job with their characters, but I have zero desire to see more films with them after DoFP.

I don't necessarily think that rebooting is the One True Way; but the only way I'd be interested in more present-day movies is if they're centred around new characters and new actors.

Old 11-12-2013, 01:18 AM   #908
psylockolussus
Fierce User

I feel the opposite. You know I just want to have like 5 to 10 set of films with the same cast but in every film there's new characters, new allies, new villains and new locations. They could go on and on just like in the comics.

My Marvel Studuos' comic book (adaptation) films ranking: Soon!
Old 11-12-2013, 01:31 AM   #909
The Original Bamfer
Big, Bald and Beautiful

But they won't. Not that much anyway. I'd say we're nearing the end of the series.

Old 11-12-2013, 01:35 AM   #910
psylockolussus
Fierce User

Well we are getting the 4th film featuring the OT cast next year, 1 more film with them is not that impossible.

Old 11-12-2013, 01:49 AM   #911
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User

Quote:
Wow, when someone has information you don't like, you really can't remove your ruby-quartz-tinted glasses, can you? Your observations are the opposite of my actual behavior. And I don't expect you to beleive me when it involves information that's upsetting to you. Aww.
No, it's because you've come with information and absolutely nothing to back it up. You've made your claims of "reliable sources", but I too can make the same claims that I have reliable sources, and that they have told me things that contradict you.

You come with some sort of evidence to back your claims, and I'll believe you.

But you have come in here making claims, with absolutely zero support for those claims and then call me a "troll" when I call you on what is the most overused plot on the internet when a new movie, game, album, or what have you is being released, the classic "I have reliable inside information" bit.

Drop some sort of support to back up your "reliable source" claim, and I won't consider you someone just trying to troll the board to get a response out of everyone.

Sorry, Bamf, I've been around the internet way too long to blindly believe someone making claims to have "reliable inside sources" and nothing to back that claim up other than a "just trust me, it's reliable"

Old 11-12-2013, 02:10 AM   #912
A Dollar Short
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
I feel the opposite. You know I just want to have like 5 to 10 set of films with the same cast but in every film there's new characters, new allies, new villains and new locations. They could go on and on just like in the comics.
I remain hopeful as well. Even though they have a trilogy under their belt, I still feel as if they are just beginning. DOFP can be a fresh start for the original cast with new stories and characters... I'm sure they could easily churn out two more films. Add a couple (or at least one) more FC film and spin-offs, that could take us well into the next decade.

Old 11-12-2013, 02:15 AM   #913
psylockolussus
Fierce User

I just wanna see Psylocke work with Wolverine, Storm, Rogue and the whole gang. Then in 1 movie, they are off to a mission where they are tracking Mister Sinister. Then in 1 movie, Apocalypse shows up and 1 of the X-Men became a Horseman of Apocalypse.

There's so many stories/ideas that Fox could use in future films featuring the OT cast.

Old 11-12-2013, 02:22 AM   #914
Tymminator
The Main Man in Minnesota

I would love to see Rogue fly, even if it's just once.

If they make another X-Men movie, what are the chances though that they will be in the 80's? I thought I remember reading somewhere that was a plan, the prequel X -series with the three going like one from the 60's, the next in the 70's and the third in the 80's.

Old 11-12-2013, 02:48 AM   #915
Krak66
Side-Kick

Quote:
There's so many stories/ideas that Fox could use in future films featuring the OT cast.
Idea is good but to find a good screenwriter, who can create a proper script based on good idea, not so easy.

Old 11-12-2013, 03:14 AM   #916
psylockolussus
Fierce User

Yeah I'm not sure Fox is good at finding a good screenwriter, they have Simon Kinberg worked on DOFp and now Fantastic Four.

Old 11-12-2013, 03:39 AM   #917
Octoberist
point blank

I think Simon has a few last chances.. with this and the Star Wars spinoff/Rebels.

-- Anonymous, 2016
Old 11-12-2013, 04:04 AM   #918
Krak66
Side-Kick

Another tweet

Old 11-12-2013, 06:15 AM   #919
kasjan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illuminata View Post
The Wolverine would not have made that money without the DOFP clip at the end

90% of audience didn't know there is any mid credit scene.
5% didn't know mid credit scene is about DOFP.
5%= geeks.

Old 11-12-2013, 08:05 AM   #920
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krak66 View Post
Another tweet
Hello Kitty: The Motion Picture.

”We live in times when hate and fear seem stronger. We rise and fall, and light from dying embers: remembrances that hope and love last longer. And love is love is love is love is love is love is love cannot be killed or swept aside."
Old 11-12-2013, 09:00 AM   #921
BMM
Side-Kick

Looks like one of the lines on the other page reads: "Make sure she stays out of his hands."

Old 11-12-2013, 09:51 AM   #922
Figs
Banned User

Quote:
5-10???

That's a bit extreme.

I have a feeling whenever they do reboot, a fair amount of posters are going to practically boycott the film with their obsession over the OT cast.

Old 11-12-2013, 09:56 AM   #923
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

5-10 movies with the OT cast is most certainly not going to happen.

What actor would want to do an additional 5-10 movies ON TOP of the four they've already done before (six if you're talking about Hugh).

Old 11-12-2013, 09:57 AM   #924
Mr.M
Banned User

Well, I personally am not watching any of the Garfield/Webb movies in theatres. Seems they are just rehashing the same elements. Thanks but no thanks. I don't like reboots either, and don't think one is completely necessary for X-Men, but if they go in that direction, I'd still let it play out, because I love the series.

Old 11-12-2013, 10:46 AM   #925
Loki882
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.M View Post
Well, I personally am not watching any of the Garfield/Webb movies in theatres. Seems they are just rehashing the same elements. Thanks but no thanks. I don't like reboots either, and don't think one is completely necessary for X-Men, but if they go in that direction, I'd still let it play out, because I love the series.
Last time I checked, some big conspiracy involving the disappearance of Peter's parents isn't a "rehash." Oscorp being involved in all this nefarious activity isn't a "rehash." Electro being a major villain isn't a "rehash" neither is Rhino. Gwen Stacy being so important isn't a "rehash." The tone isn't a "rehash." Actually, Webb's serious sounds quite different when you put it that way. So stop with the "rehash" argument, because you clearly don't know what you're talking about.

Closed Thread