The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2014, 06:13 PM   #1
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2
Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman - Part 6

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Thread Manager is offline  
Old 05-17-2014, 06:13 PM   #2
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2
Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman - Part 5

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Thread Manager is offline  
Old 05-17-2014, 06:13 PM   #3
charl_huntress
Banned User
 
charl_huntress's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Outside the doors of Arkham Ayslum
Posts: 10,888
Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmsHeldOut View Post
People reading this probably don't believe you're serious, but yeah.. it was released on Tuesday (along with the new Batmobile). Welcome back. :cwink:
Thanks! I was serious. I really don't follow movie news and I only sporadically checked the internet and email while I was away.

I just saw the suit. It's marinating in my head. Not sure how I feel about it. The bat mobile looked good though.

charl_huntress is offline  
Old 05-17-2014, 06:25 PM   #4
ArmsHeldOut
Peaky Blinder
 
ArmsHeldOut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 15,187
Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by charl_huntress View Post
Thanks! I was serious. I really don't follow movie news and I only sporadically checked the internet and email while I was away.

I just saw the suit. It's marinating in my head. Not sure how I feel about it. The bat mobile looked good though.
Yeah, I had to process it for a while as well. We don't have a color version yet, but here's a nice manip.



Follow this link directly if you wish to see a larger version: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BnidPdSCUAAUCxG.jpg:large

ArmsHeldOut is offline  
Old 05-17-2014, 06:36 PM   #5
charl_huntress
Banned User
 
charl_huntress's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Outside the doors of Arkham Ayslum
Posts: 10,888
Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman - Part 7

Thanks! I really can't wait to see what they do with Wondy's outfit and what sort of "tweaks" they'll make to Cavill's duds.

I'm starting to get a little excited again...didn't think that could happen with this movie.

charl_huntress is offline  
Old 05-17-2014, 08:11 PM   #6
Batmannerism
Super-unknown
 
Batmannerism's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 3,486
Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman - Part 7

Definitely a "Dark Knight Returns" vibe to the costume.

The problem of course is that they can't import any of the Batman/Superman storyline into the film without major changes, because that whole
storyline is based on a quarter century relationship involving rivalry,
friendship and a basic philosophical clash.

Without Kryptonite, I'm not sure I can see a way for Bats and Supes
to have a fist-fight, given the power Supes displayed in MOS (and
considering that during the film he only gets more powerful).

I suppose Kryptonite, plus a suit of powered bat-armour might do it.

Actually, I kind of have this premonition that it's Luthor that will
come up with Kryptonite, and he'll have Supes on the ropes, and then
Batman will turn up and kick Luthor's ass - kind of a "he's not my
friend, but nobody messes with him but me !" kind of vibe.

On that note, I think Cavill really portrayed the essential qualities of Superman brilliantly, you can't even begin to make comparisons with
Routh - because Superman and Clark Kent are really just one character.
Rather than a caricature and the god with no personality, which is how
Routh played it (I blame Singer for that).

So Cavill had tons to work with. He's a better actor than Routh by far,
because whereas Routh's Supes only had one expression, many times
Cavill didn't have to say a word, but you know what he's thinking.

Example: he's getting pounded by Faora and Nam-Ek, zaps them with the
ol' HV, check out the expression on his face as he gets up (which is just before the copters open fire). It's like "Okay, is that all you've got ?"

And then the look when he sees the pilot falling. When Honest trailers criticized Cavill's acting, I was like "Whaaaat ? Did you even see the same movie ? " now I know they over-blow things to make a point, but like many
critics they were soooo wrong about MOS.

I love the film, but I admit it has its flaws (well, okay I can't see any, but there have to be a few, even the Godfather aint perfect) but seriously folks,
Cavill's acting isn't one of them.

Sure he's broodier than Reeve, but still earnest and kind, which is what Superman is all about. And tough too, his Superman gives a sense of being tough, which is part of the character IMO - tough without having to prove it to anyone. That really came out in the interrogation scene
"You afraid of me because you can't control me. You don't, you never will"

good lines, and delivered by a good actor. There was a reason why SR killed Routh's career, part of it's Singer's fault, but Routh just wasn't up to it.
Routh got the job because he looked like Reeve.
Cavill got the job because he looks, and can act, like Superman.

If They'd cast Gina Carano as WW, I think B v S would be vying for the greatest Super-film of all time.

but just IMO.


Batmannerism is offline  
Old 05-17-2014, 08:34 PM   #7
Axl Van Sixx
Comrade
 
Axl Van Sixx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,759
Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batmannerism View Post
On that note, I think Cavill really portrayed the essential qualities of Superman brilliantly, you can't even begin to make comparisons with
Routh - because Superman and Clark Kent are really just one character.
Rather than a caricature and the god with no personality, which is how
Routh played it (I blame Singer for that).

So Cavill had tons to work with. He's a better actor than Routh by far,
because whereas Routh's Supes only had one expression, many times
Cavill didn't have to say a word, but you know what he's thinking.

Example: he's getting pounded by Faora and Nam-Ek, zaps them with the
ol' HV, check out the expression on his face as he gets up (which is just before the copters open fire). It's like "Okay, is that all you've got ?"

And then the look when he sees the pilot falling. When Honest trailers criticized Cavill's acting, I was like "Whaaaat ? Did you even see the same movie ? " now I know they over-blow things to make a point, but like many
critics they were soooo wrong about MOS.

I love the film, but I admit it has its flaws (well, okay I can't see any, but there have to be a few, even the Godfather aint perfect) but seriously folks,
Cavill's acting isn't one of them.

Sure he's broodier than Reeve, but still earnest and kind, which is what Superman is all about. And tough too, his Superman gives a sense of being tough, which is part of the character IMO - tough without having to prove it to anyone. That really came out in the interrogation scene
"You afraid of me because you can't control me. You don't, you never will"

good lines, and delivered by a good actor. There was a reason why SR killed Routh's career, part of it's Singer's fault, but Routh just wasn't up to it.
Routh got the job because he looked like Reeve.
Cavill got the job because he looks, and can act, like Superman.

If They'd cast Gina Carano as WW, I think B v S would be vying for the greatest Super-film of all time.

but just IMO.

Great post! The MOS Honest Trailer was pretty funny, but their skewering of Cavill was just stupid.

Criticizing the fact that Superman was played by an "Englishman", for instance. A couple things:

1. The character of Superman was born on Krypton, not in the United States.
2. It's actually possible to cast a person as a character of a different nationality than their own. In the biz, they called it "acting".

Then there's calling Cavill a "beefcake" with the "acting range of a crumpet". The latter is just flat-out wrong for the reasons you pointed out.

__________________
"Democracy for an insignificant minority, democracy for the rich—that is the democracy of capitalist society."—Lenin

IMT supporter
Axl Van Sixx is offline  
Old 05-17-2014, 09:57 PM   #8
Batmannerism
Super-unknown
 
Batmannerism's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 3,486
Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axl Van Sixx View Post
Great post! The MOS Honest Trailer was pretty funny, but their skewering of Cavill was just stupid.

Criticizing the fact that Superman was played by an "Englishman", for instance. A couple things:

1. The character of Superman was born on Krypton, not in the United States.
2. It's actually possible to cast a person as a character of a different nationality than their own. In the biz, they called it "acting".

Then there's calling Cavill a "beefcake" with the "acting range of a crumpet". The latter is just flat-out wrong for the reasons you pointed out.
Cheers Axl, thanks for that. Yeah, there were heaps of reasons they could
have slagged of MOS, but Cavill wasn't one of them - in fact their comment
about letting innocent people die was completely wrong too if you count all the people Cavill's Superman saved, Lois at least twice, the Oil Rig workers, the school bus kids, the little kid in the tornado, the falling copter gunner, everyone on Earth - by giving himself up (because you know Faora was keen to wipe out Swanwick and all his tanks), and everyone on Earth a second time, by destroying the world engine, and the family, by killing Zod, and everyone on Earth a third time - by killing Zod, who was planning to wipe out humanity as revenge. Gee guys, Superman didn't save anyone ? Please.

Interesting that Honest Trailers don't mention that Wolverine, a Canadian,
is played by an Australian, or that Spider Man, an American, is also played by
a Brit (or that Thor is played by an Aussie) or hell, that Batman and Commissioner Gordon, two iconic roles, were played by possibly the best British Actors of their respective generation (while Scarecrow, and Ra's al ghul were played by Irishmen, and of course DC's greatest villain, the Joker, another Australian, and Marvel's greatest villain, Magneto, a German-Polish jew, is played by a gay Englishman). So you're totally right, the nationality of the actor doesn't matter at all. All that matters is the skill they bring to their
craft.

Sometimes it doesn't work (e.g. Sir Ben Kingsley as the Mandarin, but that was more about the actual way it was done, the story/writing, than the performance, which was hillarious).

As for Cavill, he looks the part (when he first walks out of the ship in the suit
I said out-loud "Wow, THAT'S SUPERMAN !" in the cinema)
He also clearly has an affection for the part, and does it justice. He may not be of the same talent as Bale, but he does a good job with the character, and his Superman is a likeable, regular guy.

I think it's good that Captain America is played by an American ( Evans does a good job, unfortunately the character is just as boring as he is in the comics, just my opinion, I'm not a Cap fan).

Anyway, totally agree with you. Cheers !

Batmannerism is offline  
Old 05-17-2014, 08:18 PM   #9
Rowsdower!
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Wallachia
Posts: 27,939
Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llama_Shepherd View Post
But surely that's part of the responsibilities of Superman? Why does he need to say he's not going to be around for a while? Batman was away for 8 years in The Dark Knight Rises.

The point of them leaving is not that they left, it's that the world moved on once they did, but ultimately, it still needed them. It's a narratively sound concep

Quote:
Also, what good scenes did he have with Lex? The scene where he walks up to him and gets his ass kicked? Maybe other people thought he was great in that scene, I don't know. He just came off completely upstaged by Spacey, IMO.
The scene with Lex on the island is good. Whether or not Superman gets beaten up. Is the scene where Batman gets defeated in The Dark Knight Rises bad because he is defeated?

Quote:
Anyway, maybe the writers "got" Superman and maybe they didn't... but I think it's very telling how little dialogue he has in the movie. Some people complained about the same thing with MOS and Cavill, but I didn't notice it there... he had plenty of lines, IMO, and even in scenes where his dialogue is limited, Cavill conveyed more to the audience (pain, fear, rage, wonder, etc.). Perhaps that's simply a credit to Cavill being a better actor.
Or it's because you prefer the film.
Oh, okay. So the Lex/Superman scene, where Superman says about two lines and is apparently so brain dead that he doesn't notice his power is suddenly diminishing, is a good scene because you say so. But my assertion that Cavill is a stronger actor doesn't count because it's my opinion. Gotcha.

Rowsdower! is offline  
Old 05-18-2014, 06:35 AM   #10
Llama_Shepherd
Banned User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 9,713
Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
Oh, okay. So the Lex/Superman scene, where Superman says about two lines and is apparently so brain dead that he doesn't notice his power is suddenly diminishing, is a good scene because you say so. But my assertion that Cavill is a stronger actor doesn't count because it's my opinion. Gotcha.
I never discounted your opinion. I'm saying confirmation bias exists. Perhaps you think more highly of Cavill's Superman because you prefer his film. I do think Cavill is a better actor, but he's not demonstrated himself to be anything great himself.

But why is a scene in which Superman says to lines and is then physically pummelled is no different to a scene in which Batman says one line and is pummelled? Both rush in unprepared against a villain that knows exactly how to destroy them.

Or better yet, what was poorly directed in that scene? If anything I'd say it wasn't brutal enough, sure he's dragged through the mud, thrown through crystals, punched a couple times, drowned and stabbed- but he could have been completely demolished, which would have made a return all the more triumphant.

Llama_Shepherd is offline  
Old 05-18-2014, 08:16 AM   #11
Rowsdower!
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Wallachia
Posts: 27,939
Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llama_Shepherd View Post
I never discounted your opinion. I'm saying confirmation bias exists. Perhaps you think more highly of Cavill's Superman because you prefer his film. I do think Cavill is a better actor, but he's not demonstrated himself to be anything great himself.

But why is a scene in which Superman says to lines and is then physically pummelled is no different to a scene in which Batman says one line and is pummelled? Both rush in unprepared against a villain that knows exactly how to destroy them.

Or better yet, what was poorly directed in that scene? If anything I'd say it wasn't brutal enough, sure he's dragged through the mud, thrown through crystals, punched a couple times, drowned and stabbed- but he could have been completely demolished, which would have made a return all the more triumphant.
I think it was a poor scene because it makes Superman appear like an idiot, IMO. This is a guy who has encountered Kryptonite on multiple occasions. He knows its effects. It weakens him to the point where a middle aged man can kick the crap out of him. Therefore, he had to notice the effects of it once he landed on the island, yet he does nothing. And if he didn't notice it, then it lacks consistency not only with other films but the film itself. But then, that could be said of the entire island sequence: kryptonite is so powerful that it turns him into a mortal man, yet one quick recharge from the sun (even though he still has a piece of K stuck inside him) and he's able to LIFT the entire island into space. The lack of consistency over the effects of kryptonite is prevalent in the comics as well, but to me, it seems like they didn't even think it through in SR. It's just like... it hurts him when it's convenient, and its a minor distraction when it's not.

I also feel like it was an opportunity for Superman to have a real confrontation with Luthor; to have some good dialogue between the two. Instead, he says about two lines (and the camera isn't even on him as he's saying them, which is annoying, considering how little dialogue he has to begin with) and then it's all Luthor with some Superman screaming. It's not terrible but it's a missed opportunity. The Batman/Bane comparison doesn't really work because they had several other scenes where they interacted (in the "Lazarus" pit, before and after the final battle). Here, we had once scene and Superman barely did or said anything.

I know I'm not going to convince you of this; just how I view the whole thing.


Last edited by Rowsdower!; 05-18-2014 at 08:20 AM.
Rowsdower! is offline  
Old 05-17-2014, 08:45 PM   #12
MrsKent26
Whatever.
 
MrsKent26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Fortress of Solitude
Posts: 12,337
Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman - Part 7

The main difference between MOS and SR for me was the Superman and the actor playing him. In SR, Superman was just not...superman. He didn't come off strong, confident, commanding, or...anything really. He was just there to stare blankly and all his "charming" moments were regurgitated Reeve lines delivered with no charisma. Routh didn't do anything. The suit and hair they gave him didn't do his image any favors either. Superman is not a "half way" character. You either embody him or you don't. Routh didn't. He was just awkward Routh the whole time. His only words to his nemesis were the blandly delivered "you have something that belongs to me." He was like a whimpy, wet-blanket (and no, not just because he got beat up, but because there was just nothing there).

Cavill on the other hand could come off commanding, confident, strong, charismatic when allowed to be, and even sad, joyful and warm. He had the "superman factor." The look they gave him did him every favor (expect the hair, that wasn't terrible, but also not ideal). His tone of voice was perfection for this character.

The fact that MOS included a superman that seemed like superman made all the difference. Even if I don't agree with all dialogue or plot choices, I felt Cavill was the character. There's a big difference between watching an actor attempt to play a character and watching an actor understand a character. Cavill gets it. He was able to help minimize some of MOS's flaws because his superness distracted me from them. Routh exacerbated SR's flaws because his acting was flawed.

Also, the fact that SR had less action than MOS does not mean it was character driven. It wasn't. It's superman was dull, it's lois came off like a petulant child, the kid...ugh, Lex was a caricature during every scene but the Kryptonite stab scene. Jimmy and Richard were decent (but Richard's presence created a scenario I didn't care to see). The "character" moments were often hollow filler. SR was just a dull movie that lacked action. It was not a character drama that made up for a lack of action by being interesting in other ways. It was a big nothing with the exception of the actor playing Jimmy, a couple ok Clark scenes and the plane rescue.

Anyways...sorry about the SR talk. That's just my two cents.

__________________
"Somewhere in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down…" - Grant Morrison.
MrsKent26 is offline  
Old 05-17-2014, 08:56 PM   #13
Axl Van Sixx
Comrade
 
Axl Van Sixx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,759
Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman - Part 7

Well said, MrsKent, and I agree 100%.

Defenders of SR who bash MOS will often paint a caricature of the former as thoughtful, deep and character-driven while the latter is just mindless action, but SR didn't really have any of those positive qualities. It was just dull, Dull, DULL.

__________________
"Democracy for an insignificant minority, democracy for the rich—that is the democracy of capitalist society."—Lenin

IMT supporter
Axl Van Sixx is offline  
Old 05-18-2014, 01:58 AM   #14
Rowsdower!
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Wallachia
Posts: 27,939
Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsKent26 View Post
The main difference between MOS and SR for me was the Superman and the actor playing him. In SR, Superman was just not...superman. He didn't come off strong, confident, commanding, or...anything really. He was just there to stare blankly and all his "charming" moments were regurgitated Reeve lines delivered with no charisma. Routh didn't do anything. The suit and hair they gave him didn't do his image any favors either. Superman is not a "half way" character. You either embody him or you don't. Routh didn't. He was just awkward Routh the whole time. His only words to his nemesis were the blandly delivered "you have something that belongs to me." He was like a whimpy, wet-blanket (and no, not just because he got beat up, but because there was just nothing there).

Cavill on the other hand could come off commanding, confident, strong, charismatic when allowed to be, and even sad, joyful and warm. He had the "superman factor." The look they gave him did him every favor (expect the hair, that wasn't terrible, but also not ideal). His tone of voice was perfection for this character.

The fact that MOS included a superman that seemed like superman made all the difference. Even if I don't agree with all dialogue or plot choices, I felt Cavill was the character. There's a big difference between watching an actor attempt to play a character and watching an actor understand a character. Cavill gets it. He was able to help minimize some of MOS's flaws because his superness distracted me from them. Routh exacerbated SR's flaws because his acting was flawed.

Also, the fact that SR had less action than MOS does not mean it was character driven. It wasn't. It's superman was dull, it's lois came off like a petulant child, the kid...ugh, Lex was a caricature during every scene but the Kryptonite stab scene. Jimmy and Richard were decent (but Richard's presence created a scenario I didn't care to see). The "character" moments were often hollow filler. SR was just a dull movie that lacked action. It was not a character drama that made up for a lack of action by being interesting in other ways. It was a big nothing with the exception of the actor playing Jimmy, a couple ok Clark scenes and the plane rescue.

Anyways...sorry about the SR talk. That's just my two cents.


I agree with all of this. Like you said, some of the story choices in MOS were flawed, but you can't blame Cavill for that. To me, he still embodied Superman with his performance. He had a real presence as Superman, which is something I hadn't seen since the Christopher Reeve films. Can't wait to see what he does in Superman/Batman. Even though I'm excited to see Batman, Wonder Woman, Luthor, Cyborg, etc., I'm still more excited about seeing more Cav-El and Amy Adams.

Rowsdower! is offline  
Old 05-22-2014, 02:06 AM   #15
Kevin Smith
Banned User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Central City
Posts: 6,176
Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post


I agree with all of this. Like you said, some of the story choices in MOS were flawed, but you can't blame Cavill for that. To me, he still embodied Superman with his performance. He had a real presence as Superman, which is something I hadn't seen since the Christopher Reeve films. Can't wait to see what he does in Superman/Batman. Even though I'm excited to see Batman, Wonder Woman, Luthor, Cyborg, etc., I'm still more excited about seeing more Cav-El and Amy Adams.
Cavill was awesome as Superman. He made the movie bearable and did the best he could with what he was given. He definitely embodied Superman in spite of the writers, and will be excellent if the filmmakers allow him.

The issue with MOS was far from the cast. The cast was perfect for that movie and one of the greatest casts in a movie. Any issues with MOS (amd there are many) lie squarely with Zack Snyder and David Goyer, none anywhere near the cast. Period.

Kevin Smith is offline  
Old 05-24-2014, 08:50 AM   #16
king666
Side-Kick
 
king666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3,030
Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post


I agree with all of this. Like you said, some of the story choices in MOS were flawed, but you can't blame Cavill for that. To me, he still embodied Superman with his performance. He had a real presence as Superman, which is something I hadn't seen since the Christopher Reeve films. Can't wait to see what he does in Superman/Batman. Even though I'm excited to see Batman, Wonder Woman, Luthor, Cyborg, etc., I'm still more excited about seeing more Cav-El and Amy Adams.
yeah, same here. Henry Cavill was definitely my favorite thing about the movie. I can't wait to see what happens to Supes.

king666 is offline  
Old 05-17-2014, 09:07 PM   #17
MrsKent26
Whatever.
 
MrsKent26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Fortress of Solitude
Posts: 12,337
Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman - Part 7

Yeah, I'm not an SR fan at all, lol. I only watched it because it was a superman movie (the previews were terrible and turned me right off). I thought "It's superman! It can't be that bad." But it was.

__________________
"Somewhere in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down…" - Grant Morrison.
MrsKent26 is offline  
Old 05-17-2014, 09:55 PM   #18
lc23
Fan of Steel
 
lc23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,510
Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman - Part 7



lc23 is offline  
Old 05-17-2014, 10:03 PM   #19
MrsKent26
Whatever.
 
MrsKent26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Fortress of Solitude
Posts: 12,337
Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by lc23 View Post

A couple of things about this:

-He's dropping hints about villains again, lol
-He's so nice to those TMZ folks. He always answers questions when they bombard him in the air port.
-His fashion sense is horrid. I find it endearing because it fits with his adorkable nature, but it's true. Those colors don't work together and that jacket doesn't fit him. Size up, Cav-el.
-Despite the heinous clothes, he looks damn good.

__________________
"Somewhere in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down…" - Grant Morrison.
MrsKent26 is offline  
Old 05-17-2014, 10:12 PM   #20
lc23
Fan of Steel
 
lc23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,510
Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsKent26 View Post
A couple of things about this:

-He's dropping hints about villains again, lol
-He's so nice to those TMZ folks. He always answers questions when they bombard him in the air port.
-His fashion sense is horrid. I find it endearing because it fits with his adorkable nature, but it's true. Those colors don't work together and that jacket doesn't fit him. Size up, Cav-el.
-Despite the heinous clothes, he looks damn good.
- He could be. Though it's too soon to be bringing out Doomsday, IMO.
- He's ever the gentleman.
- In this case, I think we're benefiting from his lack of fashion sense. Those pants are oh-so-snug in all the right places. Too bad they didn't make gifs of the part where he waved goodbye. Whew! The view was glorious!
- Amen to that!

lc23 is offline  
Old 05-17-2014, 10:19 PM   #21
Caekzor
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 540
Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsKent26 View Post
-He's so nice to those TMZ folks. He always answers questions when they bombard him in the air port.
Looks like he's thinking "oh god... go away".

Caekzor is offline  
Old 05-18-2014, 09:36 AM   #22
-Kal-Elle-
Side-Kick
 
-Kal-Elle-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Cav-El's chin dimple
Posts: 556
Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsKent26 View Post
A couple of things about this:
-He's dropping hints about villains again, lol
-He's so nice to those TMZ folks. He always answers questions when they bombard him in the air port.
-His fashion sense is horrid. I find it endearing because it fits with his adorkable nature, but it's true. Those colors don't work together and that jacket doesn't fit him. Size up, Cav-el.
-Despite the heinous clothes, he looks damn good.
Lol!! I actually don't mind those colours together!! However I just don't like polo necks in general, they are very 'posh boy' (at least in the UK) and I don't like that look! Agree that jacket is way too small though - I think it's this same one below... which means if you were wearing it comfortably when you were normal size, it's going to be TOO SMALL when you're Superman size Cav-El! Maybe buy some new clothes?! Or you know... keep wearing too-small ones that are too snug against your big hard body - both equally fine.


Yeah I think Doomsday will be the villain but not until JL. They can't bust him out too soon. What's the general consensus on the villain for BvS? Lex + ? Metallo??

-Kal-Elle- is offline  
Old 05-17-2014, 10:10 PM   #23
Batmannerism
Super-unknown
 
Batmannerism's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 3,486
Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by lc23 View Post


Hmmmm.. HC showing off his knowledge of the subject matter.

Man, that would be a great cliffhanger ending, with Superman apparently
dead at the hands of Doomsday, only to be revived in a subsequent
film (possibly with the JL ?).

Great to see the actor has bought into the character. Who remembers George Reeves, Tom Welling, Dean Cain or even the great Christopher Reeve for their other work (or tries to forget Brandon Routh for his own attempt at Krypton's last son) ?

If HC is keen to be Superman for the next decade or so, then I think the character is in good hands.

e.g. I hated Garfield as PP in the first ASM, but in the second film, I really enjoyed him as he seemed much more comfortable in the role, and really captured what Peter and Spidey are all about.

As such, I kind of see the same for Cavill, just sad we have to wait until 2016. Come on WB, get your **** together !

Batmannerism is offline  
Old 05-17-2014, 10:24 PM   #24
MrsKent26
Whatever.
 
MrsKent26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Fortress of Solitude
Posts: 12,337
Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman - Part 7

^ He still takes the time to answer them though.

__________________
"Somewhere in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down…" - Grant Morrison.
MrsKent26 is offline  
Old 05-17-2014, 11:59 PM   #25
Tra-El
Side-Kick
 
Tra-El's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Trying to find out where I hang my cape? YOU WON'T
Posts: 8,838
Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman - Part 7


__________________
DCEU THEATER COUNT:
Man of Steel: 6
Batman V Superman: 4
Suicide Squad : 2
Wonder Woman: 3
Justice League: 2
Aquaman
Shazam!
Wonder Woman: 1984
Tra-El is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:37 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of Mandatory Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2018 All Rights Reserved.