The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > The Defenders

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2017, 06:33 AM   #426
pixen
Side-Kick
 
pixen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 3,326
Default Re: The Defenders General Discussion Thread - Part 1

It's just the beginning. People need to relax and be patient.

pixen is offline  
Old 05-13-2017, 09:57 AM   #427
Moridin
Death Contagious Deity
 
Moridin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Ireland
Posts: 3,255
Default Re: The Defenders General Discussion Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repulsor Blast View Post
disliking how all the marketing has matt murdock and not daredevil.

then again i guess the other three have no costume..
We see Matt in costume in the trailer.

__________________
In flight there is serenity - the motion out, the space between,
The promise of each new life - and possibility.


Swallow flies south before the fall, before the winter can call...
Can call in each borrower - for what was given


--Serenity in Motion--
Moridin is offline  
Old 05-13-2017, 01:24 PM   #428
TheVileOne
Side-Kick
 
TheVileOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: California
Posts: 53,555
Default Re: The Defenders General Discussion Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moridin View Post
We see Matt in costume in the trailer.
But no mask.

Everyone thinks he looks stupid in the costume, so he's gradually ditching it.

__________________
"This is true. This is real. This . . . Is . . . Straight Edge."

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline  
Old 05-13-2017, 03:07 PM   #429
sabetoonth
Where You Get Those Eyes?
 
sabetoonth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 15,583
Default Re: The Defenders General Discussion Thread - Part 1

I dont remember seeing him in costume in the trailer?

__________________
SHSkype TV Discussion
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFerret View Post
C.Lee once fought President Washington in a no-holds-barred cage match. He lost and was cursed with immortality.
Semper in memoriam--Forever in memory, Lucia Byrd
Avvy by Kane52630
sabetoonth is offline  
Old 05-13-2017, 05:23 PM   #430
pixen
Side-Kick
 
pixen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 3,326
Default Re: The Defenders General Discussion Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabetoonth View Post
I dont remember seeing him in costume in the trailer?
Here are some shots. There are also set pics of him in his suit.

pixen is offline  
Old 05-13-2017, 06:07 PM   #431
sabetoonth
Where You Get Those Eyes?
 
sabetoonth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 15,583
Default Re: The Defenders General Discussion Thread - Part 1

Are these from the character trailer? I haven't watched that yet.(Still, thanks!)

__________________
SHSkype TV Discussion
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFerret View Post
C.Lee once fought President Washington in a no-holds-barred cage match. He lost and was cursed with immortality.
Semper in memoriam--Forever in memory, Lucia Byrd
Avvy by Kane52630
sabetoonth is offline  
Old 05-13-2017, 07:17 PM   #432
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled
 
Silvermoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Comfortably between Loki,WinterSoldier & Daredevil
Posts: 5,271
Default Re: The Defenders General Discussion Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
Feige implied that they stopped doing one shots because they weren't financially viable. He would of loved to keep doing them. Short fan service episodes are probably hard to justify to the Disney suits though. We are lucky we still get post-credit scenes.
It wasn't just due to finances, it was a combination of things... also included was the gathering together a production team (even for something as small as a one shot) and whether or not they had a short story 'worthy' of taking the time put that together. Given that they're ramping up to 3 films a year, they've got multiple tv shows in the works, it's probably (at this point) - money is likely a small reason at this point and it's likely more just that they don't really have the time or a story worth pulling aside a team to do a one-shot.

__________________
Hill: Then aliens invaded New York & were beaten back, by among others, a giant green monster, a costumed hero from the 40's...and a god.
Ward: I don't think Thor is technically a god.
Hill: Well...you haven't been near his arms.
~Agents of SHIELD
Silvermoon is offline  
Old 05-13-2017, 08:37 PM   #433
pixen
Side-Kick
 
pixen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 3,326
Default Re: The Defenders General Discussion Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabetoonth View Post
Are these from the character trailer? I haven't watched that yet.(Still, thanks!)
They are from the trailer that was released last week.

pixen is offline  
Old 05-13-2017, 09:23 PM   #434
sabetoonth
Where You Get Those Eyes?
 
sabetoonth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 15,583
Default Re: The Defenders General Discussion Thread - Part 1

Huh. idn't noticce them when I first watched.

__________________
SHSkype TV Discussion
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFerret View Post
C.Lee once fought President Washington in a no-holds-barred cage match. He lost and was cursed with immortality.
Semper in memoriam--Forever in memory, Lucia Byrd
Avvy by Kane52630
sabetoonth is offline  
Old 05-15-2017, 10:58 AM   #435
KevTravels
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 4,008
Default Re: The Defenders General Discussion Thread - Part 1

This is going to be the biggest HIT ever for Netflix

KevTravels is offline  
Old 05-15-2017, 10:59 AM   #436
KevTravels
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 4,008
Default Re: The Defenders General Discussion Thread - Part 1

So Jessica Jones Season 2 is set to debut next Spring.

But why is Luke Cage Season 2 set to start filming in the summer instead of Daredevil season 3. I'd figure DD would come first as it was the most popular show for them. Though regardless it seems possible we will get 3 series next year.

KevTravels is offline  
Old 05-15-2017, 12:47 PM   #437
Spider-Aziz
Death Match Taunt
 
Spider-Aziz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 72,470
Default Re: The Defenders General Discussion Thread - Part 1

My youngest brother mostly enjoyed the Netflix MCU series, but he couldn't bring himself to watch all of Iron Fist, when I described one of the final scenes to him he described to me a joke he wants to see happen in this show tackling that scene, and the moment should use Jessica Jones drinking habit for a good laugh.

__________________
FIGHT CLUB: Marvel vs DC, ANYTHING
STATE YOUR OPINION ON A CHARACTER: MARVEL, DC

YOUTUBE
Michael Keaton's Batman is the ASMR master of superheroes.

The internet: You formed your personal opinion and liked something popular? You are part of the herd. You like something new and unpopular? Cult of the new.
Spider-Aziz is offline  
Old 05-15-2017, 09:43 PM   #438
Snikt
Side-Kick
 
Snikt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 2,142
Default Re: The Defenders General Discussion Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Aziz View Post
My youngest brother mostly enjoyed the Netflix MCU series, but he couldn't bring himself to watch all of Iron Fist, when I described one of the final scenes to him he described to me a joke he wants to see happen in this show tackling that scene, and the moment should use Jessica Jones drinking habit for a good laugh.
I quit on Iron Fist after 6 episodes. If others like it, I'm happy for them. But I couldn't bring myself to finish it.

Snikt is offline  
Old 05-16-2017, 05:31 AM   #439
Mike Murdock
Side-Kick
 
Mike Murdock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: The other Hell's Kitchen
Posts: 9,779
Default Re: The Defenders General Discussion Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevTravels View Post
So Jessica Jones Season 2 is set to debut next Spring.

But why is Luke Cage Season 2 set to start filming in the summer instead of Daredevil season 3. I'd figure DD would come first as it was the most popular show for them. Though regardless it seems possible we will get 3 series next year.
Best guess? Because these other shows haven't even gotten a second season yet, while Daredevil will be going into Season 3.

__________________
Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
Mike Murdock is offline  
Old 05-16-2017, 09:44 AM   #440
Tg11
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 6,072
Default Re: The Defenders General Discussion Thread - Part 1

Besides The Defenders in a sense are like the low level Avenger crew well in a sense because there is only 4 of them right now but that doesn't mean that more heroes can't eventually join well depending on if Netflix brings on any more heroes into their universe

Tg11 is offline  
Old 05-16-2017, 10:10 AM   #441
KevTravels
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 4,008
Default Re: The Defenders General Discussion Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Murdock View Post
Best guess? Because these other shows haven't even gotten a second season yet, while Daredevil will be going into Season 3.
Fair point. I am real glad to hear this.

Though I was hoping for a Luke Cage/IF team up for their respective second seasons.

KevTravels is offline  
Old 05-16-2017, 10:13 AM   #442
KevTravels
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 4,008
Default Re: The Defenders General Discussion Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
Besides The Defenders in a sense are like the low level Avenger crew well in a sense because there is only 4 of them right now but that doesn't mean that more heroes can't eventually join well depending on if Netflix brings on any more heroes into their universe
Netflix are definitely dragging their feet on Moon Knight.

I'm still holding out hope we might get a Defenders cameo (even if only a 3min scene) in either of Infinity War or the sequel.

KevTravels is offline  
Old 05-16-2017, 12:29 PM   #443
Jedi Arrow
Vigilant Knight
 
Jedi Arrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 1,000
Default Re: The Defenders General Discussion Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
Everyone thinks he looks stupid in the costume, so he's gradually ditching it.
Why do you say that? I seriously doubt they'll ditch his costume. In the Defenders, maybe, but I'd guarantee he'll go back to wearing it in future seasons of DD and probably even future seasons of Defenders.

__________________
"My name is Oliver Queen and..."
"I am a Jedi, like my father before me."

"I'm Mary Poppins, y'all!"
Jedi Arrow is offline  
Old 05-16-2017, 12:42 PM   #444
pixen
Side-Kick
 
pixen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 3,326
Default Re: The Defenders General Discussion Thread - Part 1

He was on set in the outfit during the filming of the miniseries. He's going to wear it. It's assumed he ditched it at the start due to the death of Elektra.

pixen is offline  
Old 05-16-2017, 06:39 PM   #445
TheVileOne
Side-Kick
 
TheVileOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: California
Posts: 53,555
Default Re: The Defenders General Discussion Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi Arrow View Post
Why do you say that? I seriously doubt they'll ditch his costume. In the Defenders, maybe, but I'd guarantee he'll go back to wearing it in future seasons of DD and probably even future seasons of Defenders.
Because these shows hate costumes. Scott Buck made it a point of saying they couldn't come up with a single reason for him to put on a costume in Iron Fist despite the fact that he's a publicly well known billionaire and would probably want to keep his identity off the books. Like he basically said that all in the same statement.

__________________
"This is true. This is real. This . . . Is . . . Straight Edge."

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline  
Old 05-16-2017, 06:54 PM   #446
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira
 
Dark Raven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Tall and tanned and young and lovely
Posts: 45,300
Default Re: The Defenders General Discussion Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
Because these shows hate costumes. Scott Buck made it a point of saying they couldn't come up with a single reason for him to put on a costume in Iron Fist despite the fact that he's a publicly well known billionaire and would probably want to keep his identity off the books. Like he basically said that all in the same statement.
The guy completely lacks imagination and vision. It even shows with the Inhumans. He should replace Feige as head of the MCU.

__________________
Quote:
Anne Hathaway: "You did not just ask me that!! What a forward young man you are!!! My goodness!!"
Dark Raven is offline  
Old 05-16-2017, 07:19 PM   #447
KevTravels
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 4,008
Default Re: The Defenders General Discussion Thread - Part 1

I don't get why they'd assign Scott Buck to Inhumans after what he did to Iron Fist. Surely the early reports of production on the first few months should have revealed how pitiful the show might result.

I do wonder what might have been if they simply pushed back Iron Fist 6 months or a year so they could have done the story right.

KevTravels is offline  
Old 05-17-2017, 12:50 PM   #448
Jedi Arrow
Vigilant Knight
 
Jedi Arrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 1,000
Default Re: The Defenders General Discussion Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
Because these shows hate costumes. Scott Buck made it a point of saying they couldn't come up with a single reason for him to put on a costume in Iron Fist despite the fact that he's a publicly well known billionaire and would probably want to keep his identity off the books. Like he basically said that all in the same statement.
He's not in charge of all the shows, though; just Iron Fist. Jessica doesn't really need a costume (yet), and neither does Luke. Danny, I'll grant you, should definitely have one and not having one is a pretty big misstep. But we'll see where this goes.

__________________
"My name is Oliver Queen and..."
"I am a Jedi, like my father before me."

"I'm Mary Poppins, y'all!"
Jedi Arrow is offline  
Old 05-17-2017, 02:20 PM   #449
Dasher10
I'm like Deadpool IRL
 
Dasher10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 5,205
Default Re: The Defenders General Discussion Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevTravels View Post
I don't get why they'd assign Scott Buck to Inhumans after what he did to Iron Fist. Surely the early reports of production on the first few months should have revealed how pitiful the show might result.

I do wonder what might have been if they simply pushed back Iron Fist 6 months or a year so they could have done the story right.
Because nobody else was willing to tackle Inhumans and Marvel needed a showrunner since Perlmutter wanted them in the MCU more than any other property.

__________________
Hey hey, I want your cray cray.
Dasher10 is offline  
Old 05-17-2017, 04:31 PM   #450
herolee10
No More Miracles
 
herolee10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 24,961
Default Re: The Defenders General Discussion Thread - Part 1


__________________
- "But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it."


1 Corinthians 10:13
herolee10 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:21 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of Mandatory Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2018 All Rights Reserved.