The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Misc. and Multiplatform Games

Old 07-07-2016, 07:17 AM   #851
Havok83
Side-Kick

Default Re: Marvel Heroes MMO

I did alot of playing the last 2 months, more so than ever bc of the two main events. Through ES and Gs, I managed to get:

Black Panther
Colossus
Luke Cage
Iron Man
Dr. Doom
Magik
Iceman
Thing
Deadpool

Out of that bunch, Iceman is my fave. He's so good and fun. Luke Cage? Not so much. He was a random hero unlock and levelling him was a chore

I prestiged a few characters but my biggest achievement was cosmic prestige on Jean

I also managed to pass cosmic trial with Jean, Cable and Iceman. My god, I was not aware of the lot drops that happened in those zones. Times that by the events, especially Odin's Bounty and I was able to level up several legendaries and get Omega points (and Imjust shy of 8000 now)

Also grinded for cakes and got enough to buy ~35 or so 3rd anniversary cakes. Have tons of level 80 legendaries now and dont have to worry about Odin marks ever again. Also got a bunch of STASHes to store my new gear.

All in all, I did good, but spent way too much time and money. Taking a break now bc Im wiped out. Need to play other stuff

Oh, Ive also started to use a gamepad and it feels so good. They've made improvements to it to make it feel better. I was intimidated at first bc everyone has different powersets and mapping the keys seem daunting but I got a good working one that fits most characters for me and Im remembering what all the combination presses are for the menus. Giving everyone a separate travel power also helped. The only bad thing is that, the mouse is still necesary for managing inventory as its too slow and imprecise with a gamepad.

Last edited by Havok83; 07-07-2016 at 07:31 AM.
Havok83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 10:59 PM   #852
zenith16
Side-Kick

☆☆SCHEDULED EVENTS INFO☆☆
New event schedule for the month of July -
7/1 - Mystic Mayhem
7/9 - ARMOR Incursion
7/15 - Cosmic Chaos
7/22 - Operation Omega
7/29 - Odin's Bounty

☆☆☆☆☆ TEAM UPS ☆☆☆☆☆
☯ SPIDER-MAN (MILES MORALES) ☯
He is currently on TC
Ryolnir posted on 07/06/16: Miles is getting some iteration based on players' feedback, so he's not coming until next week.

☆☆☆☆☆ UPCOMING COSTUMES ☆☆☆☆☆

☯ DEADPOOL ☯
Zen Variant - On TC currently

☯ IRON FIST ☯
Immortal Weapon Variant - Currently on TC

☯ NIGHTCRAWLER ☯
Age of Apocalypse Variant - Currently on TC**

☆☆☆ VISUAL UPDATES AND MATERIAL PASS INFO ☆☆☆

Cyclops, Hulks, and Colossus Visual Updates mentioned.

Hulk VU: Asros posted on 07/07/16: Still in approvals. Nothing to worry about, some times there are revisions, etc. Hulks VU is coming, and looks great!
TheDink posted on 06/07/16 Hulk VU is being worked on by NonForumArtist.
On 07/06/16 Cyclops Marvel Now! VU was revealed.

Star Lord - On 06/21/16 TheDink posted a pic of a material pass on Star Lords Movie costume which includes his variant costume.

Nightcrawler - During the 01/20/16 stream Lord said that his default could use a little bit of a visual update but it's probably a little bit further down the line.
X-Force costume material pass - In TC

Colossus Material pass.

Doctor Doom 2099 Material pass.

zenith16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 11:03 PM   #853
zenith16
Side-Kick

☆☆ CRAFTING/GEAR/STARKTECH ☆☆
Blessing on TC. Asros posted on 07/01/16 These are suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuper early in development and not really ready for testing yet since there will be some other numbers changes behind the scenes done at the same time.

Quote:
TheDink

GazillionLocation At my desk Staff

July 7

Sorry for the small pic but as you can see, he has the same body.
I'm confused, what does Disney have to do with Variants? O_o
From>>: https://forums.marvelheroes.com/disc...omment_3736164

source: ★☯★ THE FUTURE OF MH 2016 ★☯★ Info on all things coming to Marvel Heroes. Updated 07/07/16

Last edited by zenith16; 07-07-2016 at 11:08 PM.
Old 07-07-2016, 11:22 PM   #854
zenith16
Side-Kick

Marvel Heroes interview covers the many forms of Ultron

July 7, 2016 Justin Olivetti 2 Comments

Oh sure, Ultron might be this world-domineering robot with an evil bent, but… look at him! He’s just so dang chipper about it that you almost can’t fault him for his ambitions.

You might have heard that Ultron joined Marvel Heroes’ roster as the game’s 58th playable character last week, so perhaps he’s reformed his marauding ways a bit. Marvel.com put up a new interview with Gazillion about Ultron, saying that his uniqueness comes from not being bound to just one body.

“The main things we felt needed to make it in to our game for it to be Ultron was what essentially became the basis for his three skill trees: energy attacks, gravity attacks, and the ability to control minions,”

Gazillion said. “That last one was especially precious to us as we moved forward, because as anyone who has seen Ultron in comics or the Marvel Cinematic Universe knows, Ultron is not one enemy but a host of them.”Read more

Also with

The Age of Ultron has arrived. Our 58th playable Hero, Ultron, has joined Marvel Heroes 2016! It was a cold day in December when Ultron became self-aware. Hank Pym had no idea exactly what consequences the machine’s sentience would unleash on the world. But now Ultron’s prime directive has been updated, taking this machine’s unlimited functionality to unstoppable levels.
(Learn More...)

The next series of our variant costumes has
arrived. Only available for a limited time!

(More Info...)

Check out our newest Captain America costumes,
All-New All-Different and American Dream!

(More Info...)

Finally, everyone has access to the enhanced
Iron Spider Costume! Now in the store!

(More Info...)

Our rare Chase Costumes are back once again.
Get them now before they disappear!

(More Info...)

Via: Massivelyop.com/
Source: Marvel.com& Official site

Last edited by zenith16; 07-11-2016 at 01:35 AM.
Old 07-15-2016, 09:35 PM   #855
zenith16
Side-Kick

Marvel Heroes loses one CM but regains another
July 14, 2016 5 Comments

Break out the hankies and wave them majestically as one of Marvel Heroes’ leads embarks on a one-way journey out of the office.

Creative Designer and Community Manager Ryan “Ryolnir” Collins announced to the community that he is moving on from Gazillion after four years with the company. “Though it’s hard to move on, I’m nothing but proud of what we’ve accomplished.

I look forward to playing with all of you on test center and beyond as a fan, seeing the new stuff in action!” he wrote.
While he did not say when his last day was, Collins assured the community that they were in good hands. Apparently Ben “TheArtofRawr” Gilbert is returning to Gazillion to handle Collins’ duties after departing the studio back in early 2015.Read more

Also with

Marvel Heroes : Creative Designer & Community Manager Ryan Collins Exits

Posted Jul 13, 2016

Marvel Heroes Creative Designer & Community Manager Ryan Collins has announced that he is leaving Gazillion Entertainment and moving on to new pastures,
Quote:
though where is not yet known. According to the post, Ben "TheArtofRawr" Gilbert is returning to Gazillion to ensure that the design goals planned for the next year are successfully deployed.
Some seriously amazing changes are coming to the game, and I want to thank you all for the insane amounts of feedback and support you’ve given us. We have been pinpointing ways to improve so many of our systems over the last year and we’re planning some exciting stuff. Thanks to your continued support, we’re able to take our time to do these updates the right way.

In addition, there will be other new members of the design staff joining the team in the coming weeks/months. We’re looking at staffing up multiple departments (if you’re looking for work, check out the job board on our website) for some of the new features, systems, and revamps. The new folks will be announced in kind by the team.
With all of this awesome work underway and great people coming onboard to make it happen, it feels like the right time for me to move on. I’ve been with Gazillion for almost 4 years now, and it’s been an amazing experience. I’ve met fantastic colleagues, awesome fans, and been able to do so much, between writing motion comics, attending VO sessions, and helping to shape the game moving forward.
Though it’s hard to move on, I’m nothing but proud of what we’ve accomplished. I look forward to playing with all of you on Test Center and beyond as a fan, seeing the new stuff in action!
Read the full letter on the Marvel Heroes forum.

Permalink | 12 Comments

Read more at http://www.mmorpg.com/newsroom.cfm/p...Yh485jSmt6i.99

Via:Massivelyop.com/&MMORPG.com
source: Official forums. Thanks to Nordavind and ThreeSpeed for the tip!

I'LL miss him he added a Lot OF IDEA'S I STATED TO THE GAME.

Old 07-23-2016, 03:00 AM   #856
zenith16
Side-Kick

PSA: Get a free Marvel Heroes costume and character this weekend

July 22, 2016 26 Comments

Psst! Hey buddy! You want something for nothing? Sure you do. All you have to do is log onto Marvel Heroes this weekend and you’ll get the goods.

The catch? There is no catch, other than the possibility that you’ll be recruited into S.H.I.E.L.D. and have to go on tubular adventures.

This is actually kind of awesome: Marvel Heroes is giving all players a free random hero token and a free random costume, as long as they log in by Sunday night. To sweeten an already incredible deal, the game is sporting a number of bonuses this weekend, including double XP, faster omega leveling, faster cosmic leveling, and omega-level boosts.

So what character and costume did you get? Let us know!

Via:Massivelyop.com/
Source: Marvel Heroes. Thanks to Kanbe for the tip!

Old 07-25-2016, 10:47 PM   #857
zenith16
Side-Kick

The Marvel Heroes 2016 Spider-Verse has expanded with the addition of our newest Team-Up Hero – Miles Morales, the Ultimate Spider-Man! Get him today!

Also this weekend, be sure to claim your FREE Random Hero Box as well as a FREE Random Costume Box! Not enough for you? Experience a special edition of our Operation OMEGA Event featuring 200% Bonus XP as well as faster Omega and Cosmic Leveling!

(Learn More...)

5% Bonus G Sale has returned for a limited
time, including the giant 28,750 G bundle!

(More Info...)

Almost every special boost is back in the
store. Stock up on boosts today!
(More Info...)

Last chance! Our Variant and Chase costumes
will disappear from the store soon.

(More Info...)

Our amazing Advance Pack 3 deal has returned
but will be going away next week!

(More Info...)

also more recently

The Stream Team: Preparing Storm for Marvel Heroes’ Cosmic Midtown

July 25, 2016 Leave a comment

For the most part, MassivelyOP’s MJ just loves going into Marvel Heroes and blasting things with her super powers and reveling in the loot explosions.

However, to fully experience the game, you have to kit out your hero and participate in the higher-level content.

MJ has yet to do that on her favorites, so today she’s bringing a guru on board to discuss what is needed for different heroes to make it through the Cosmic Midtown trial. Tune in live at 9:00 p.m. for some tips on getting Storm ready for the trial. What: Marvel Heroes
Who: MJ Guthrie
When: 9:00 p.m. EDT on Monday, July 25th, 2016
Read more

source:Massivelyop.com/& Marvel Heroes.

Old 07-28-2016, 12:56 AM   #858
zenith16
Side-Kick

The Daily Grind: Should MMOs churn out new classes on a regular basis?

July 27, 2016 82 Comments

I continue to be impressed and occasionally bewildered by how Marvel Heroes keeps releasing new classes into the game, sometimes as frequently as every month. Right now we’re up to an amazing 58 playable heroes and villains, with no end to the rollout in sight.
It’s made me think about the viability of constantly churning out new classes for MMOs. It’s not the norm, of course, as most games will only rarely enhance their rosters with a new class, but some titles seem to thrive on it. I can see how it’s beneficial for games that are designed with replayable content and shallower class structures. It’s also a potential goldmine for titles that sell classes or want to keep a population hooked.
Would you want to see your MMO churn out new classes on a regular basis? Should it?
Read more

Also with

Event schedule for the month of July -
7/29 - Odin's Bounty

Starting this Thursday 07/21/16 at noon pacific, we will be having a special weekend event! 200% Bonus Experience
Cosmic Prestige Bonus
Omega Leveling Bonus

These bonuses will be active from Noon on 7/21 and end at 11:59pm 7/25. All components of Cosmic Chaos aside from the Cosmic Prestige bonus will be turning off at 12:00 am 7/22.

Also, during this weekend event, be sure to log in for a FREE Random Hero Box and a Random Costume Box! Yay free!

☆ QUALITY OF LIFE IMPROVEMENTS AND TUNING CHANGES ☆

Stat and Tuning Changes - Agent Vapor posted on 07/20/16 on the TC Forums "As mentioned last week in the Blessings thread, we will be making changes in the next patch that eliminate most all "overcap" stat bonuses which ignore diminishing returns. Blessing of Hela is the main change in this context, but there are other sources of these kind of overcap stat bonuses which have proven to be a problem and are being changed at the same time as Blessing of Hela to once again respect diminishing returns.
The other bonuses being changed at this time are:
Cable Hero Synergy
Star-Lord Hero Synergy
Ghost Rider Hero Synergy
Moon Knight Hero Synergy
Wolverine Hero Synergy
Midtown Patrol Vest slot 2 Unique item affix
As we mentioned we'd be doing in the last Test Center phase, enemy health has been adjusted game-wide in conjunction with these changes to account for the overall lower Brutal Strike chance.

Hero powers are being reviewed in this process as well; for the case of hero powers, only powers that conferred a passive overcap bonus to Critical Hit or Brutal Strike chance are being changed.
This only affects two Rogue passives, stolen from Drax and Hawkeye respectively. These will be changed similarly to the Hero Synergy bonuses above, and converted to 4% rating multipliers. Powers that confer a temporary overcap bonus, or bonuses that only affect a single power (such as powers that always result in a Brutal Strike) will not be changed.
Omega system nodes are not planned to be changed as a part of this update.

Hulk VU: On 07/25/16 Agent Vapor said that we should be seeing Hulk's VU on TC in the upcoming week."
Deadpool VU: On 07/20/16 The Dink said that she would be working on Deadpool's Visual Update. She did mention she wasn't sure if Lady Deapool will get a VU or not.

☆☆ TRAVEL POWERS ☆☆

Hawkeye's Air Bike is currently in TC
https://a.pomf.cat/pbdujf.mp4

Blessings Overhaul - It's been stated they seem very happy with what they have currently. That's not to say changes won't happen again before or after the Blessing update goes live. All Blessings will be updated to the newer version when the update goes live. There will be blessing swap recipes at the Enchanter under the blessings tab. There you will be able to swap any existing Blessing on an Artifact for a different Blessing at no cost. The exchange recipes are not a one time use only and can be used freely while they remain on the Enchanter. Unknown at this time if that will remain a permanent option on the Enchanter. Agent Vapor will give details as soon as he finds out. Please go to the link below to see pics of the blessing changes as well as more details.

https://forums.marvelheroes.com/disc...ings-update/p1

☆☆ LEADERBOARDS, TOURNAMENTS, AND SEASONS ☆☆

Cosmic Doop/Doop Space Nine Danger Room Scenario - On 07/20/16 This is currently in TC and will be in an upcoming tournament.

☆☆☆☆☆ STORY MODE/MISSIONS ☆☆☆☆☆

Avenger's Tower Redesign currently in TC

source:
★☯★ THE FUTURE OF MH 2016 ★☯★ Info on all things coming to Marvel Heroes. Updated 07/25/16&Massivelyop.com/

Old 07-28-2016, 11:20 PM   #859
zenith16
Side-Kick

there were hero giveawys happening MMORPG.Com and massive op's sites

the latter seems over.vthe former has put up ttheir's is over yet.

Marvel Heroes : Random Hero Box Giveaway!

Posted Jul 28, 2016

MMORPG.com has been given special gift keys for Marvel Heroes 2016 that will give players a "Random Hero Box" which will unlock one of 58 super heroes! Get your key now while supplies last!
Each key will grant you: Random Hero Box
CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR FREE GIFT KEY NOW!

Permalink | 6 Comments

Read more at http://www.mmorpg.com/newsroom.cfm#uGxKwRifu73ECDWU.99

Also with
Grab a freebie Marvel Heroes hero box from Gazillion and MOP [All gone!]

July 28, 2016 48 Comments

Play Marvel Heroes for free
Did you get a freebie hero last weekend for logging into Marvel Heroes? Me too. The game boasts 58 playable characters so far, and I’ve got less than a fifth of those, which means I gobble up the freebies… and it’s also why I’m pretty sure today’s giveaway is going to appeal to you toon-hoarders out there in our audience! Gazillion has granted Massively OP 3000 keys for a Marvel Heroes Random Hero Box, which in turn grants players one of the game’s playable heroes at random. There’s a chance you’ll get a hero you already have, in which case you get a token with which you can buff that existing hero’s ultimate power instead.
And once you get your character, why not give the devs some feedback on whatever toon you get? As MOP reader Nordavind pointed out to us, Gazillion has requested input this week on virtually every single character in the game right now.
Click the Mo button below (and prove you’re not a robot) to grab one of these keys!
Read more

source: MMORPG.com&Massivelyop.com/

Old 08-02-2016, 09:59 PM   #860
zenith16
Side-Kick

MARVEL HEROES’ DYNAMIC COMBAT SCALING IS LIVE NOW

August 2, 2016 12 Comments

Dynamic combat scaling is live today in Marvel Heroes, affecting enemies and zones in both story mode and challenge mode.The game launched with fixed levels for every area of the — a common MMORPG trope.

That made it hard for people of different levels to party together and gave players no reason to go back into lowbie zones. But “with Dynamic Combat Scaling, these barriers are being broken down!”Gazillion writes in its patch notes today. “Enemies throughout the game will be able to match your personal hero level and give appropriate rewards, allowing you to play with friends of different levels without having to split up to experience a more appropriate challenge, XP and loot rewards for your hero.”

Do note that anything that required level 60 before still does, and Gaz is still working on terminals, one shots, and the remaining patrols.

The patch also includes the blessings revamp, tweaks for bonuses that ignore diminishing returns, a redesign for the Avenger’s Tower hub, the new Danger Room tourney, and a handful of hero tweaks and bug fixes.
READ MORE

source: Massivelyop.com/

Old 08-04-2016, 10:56 PM   #861
zenith16
Side-Kick

7/29 - Odin's Bounty
8/6 - ARMOR Incursion
8/13 - Mystic Mayhem
8/20 - Cosmic Chaos
8/27 - Operation OMEGA
9/3 - Odin's Bounty

Normally, Mystic Mayhem would start this week after Odin's Bounty, but due to our early publish this week (tomorrow!) we will have to wait until next weeks tentatively scheduled publish(8/11).

There will also be a super special Summer event for one weekend this month, I am working with marketing to lock down the dates and will have details for you soon!

☆☆ 2016 PLAYABLES AND GENERAL INFO ☆☆

The Next Playable Character!! On 08/01/16 Agent Vapor said that they will be announcing the next playable character this week and to keep your eyes on the forums.

☆☆☆☆☆ TEAM UPS ☆☆☆☆☆

☯ KAMALA KHAN ☯
On 08/01/16 Agent Vapor said that she will not being coming in the patch tomorrow. She will stay on TC for further feedback and polish. He stated she will likely being going on the following patch.

Marvel Heroes Kamala Khan Team-up Guide - Maximizing Your Potential

☆☆ DYNAMIC COMBAT LEVEL ☆☆
Dynamic Combat Level Phase 1: That will be coming with tomorrow's patch.
Agent Vapor posted on 08/01/16 - Some kool things that will be coming in the DCL is enemy level number has been removed and the health bar now shows difficulty color progression - green, orange, and red. Chapter 10 won't require level 60 anymore to unlock, only that chapter 9 has been completed. Cosmic Trial will now be accessed from the hub instead of MM. Story mode reward Xp has been lessened from amin missions but been more distributed throughout the story. Read more in the link below.
https://forums.marvelheroes.com/disc...ombat-level/p1

On 08/01/16 Asros mentioned that they are doing a pass on many icons to make them look more consistent across the game. Here are some of the first ones.

Relic System Review - On 08/01/16 Asros stated We are in the process of doing a high level design review of the relic system right now, mainly focusing on what we want it to do for players. Nothing to announce now, but we understand that the system does feel fairly antiquated and want to improve it.

Chapter 1 Updates - Agent Vapor posted on 08/01/16 We'll also be moving forward with our Story Mode chapter updates, with chapter 1 being the first to hit Test Center this month.

Beast will be fallowing her after she launch's

Marvel Heroes’s 59th character will be Thor’s sister Angela

August 3, 2016 45 Comments

Siblings can be a pain in the tuckus or a best friend (or both!). Thor is about to find out which it is, as his birth sister Angela is heading into Marvel Heroes as the game’s 59th playable character. Angela is labeled as “Asgard’s Assassin,” and has a rather interesting backstory behind her character. Apparently she was originally created for Image Comics’ Spawn and then later transplanted and retconned into Marvel’s lineup, where she has her own book.
Gazillion said that Angela should play much like she fights in the comic books and will be coming to the game later this month. Her Asgard’s Assassin costume was revealed, showing a no-nonsense warrior with a giant sword and a plate-metal bikini.

via : ★☯★ THE FUTURE OF MH 2016 ★☯★ Info on all things coming to Marvel Heroes. Updated 07/25/16& Massivelyop.com/
Source: Comicbook.com

Old 08-05-2016, 04:07 AM   #862
Nathan

Didn't know they turned Angela into Thor's sister. I'm actually looking forward to her. I like badass babes with swords. Had a lot of fun with Magik.

Last edited by Nathan; 08-05-2016 at 07:31 AM.
Nathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 07:22 AM   #863
Havok83
Side-Kick

I really hate the new Avengers Tower. I dont know why they changed it

I cant beleive how comfortable this game is with a gamepad. Its hard for me to fully go back to keyboard now. I primarily use that for item management

Old 08-10-2016, 03:21 AM   #864
zenith16
Side-Kick

THE STREAM TEAM: GIVING MARVEL HEROES’ GREEN GOBLIN A GO

August 8, 2016 1 Comment

When it came time for MassivelyOP’s MJ to decide on aMarvel Heroes character with her free hero box, she had a pretty tough time. Of the ones she didn’t have, all seemed pretty interesting.

In the end, the Green Goblin won out. Granted, he’s not especially hero-like, but she’s still curious to see how he plays. Tune in live at 9:00 p.m. for a look at this colorful character on his hoverboard. You’ll also get to see the renovation of Avengers Tower!What: Marvel Heroes
When: 9:00 p.m. EDT on Monday, August 8th, 2016

READ MORE

source:Massivelyop.com/

Old 08-16-2016, 03:28 AM   #865
zenith16
Side-Kick

8/13 - Mystic Mayhem
8/20 - Cosmic Chaos
8/27 - Operation OMEGA
9/3 - Odin's Bounty

Normally, Mystic Mayhem would start this week after Odin's Bounty, but due to our early publish this week (tomorrow!) we will have to wait until next weeks tentatively scheduled publish(8/11).

There will also be a super special Summer event for one weekend this month, I am working with marketing to lock down the dates and will have details for you soon!

☯ ANGELA ☯
She will be the next playable character.

On 03/23/16 a Newsarama article was posted featuring Ryolnir: Angela was the character Collins seemed the most excited about. Talk about keeping up with current comics, right? Growing up reading 90’s comics, I don’t think this is something I ever expected. She’s just awesome. She has the two blades, but she won’t be like Elektra, all stealthy, but more warrior-like. We really haven’t gotten to do anybody in this style just yet.”

☯ BEAST ☯
Fred Tatasciore will do the voice over for Beast.
On 02/25/16 it was publicly announced that Beast would be in the AP3. His default with be the current one from the comics, shown in the pic.
On 02/22/16 TheDink revealed that she is the one who is working on this character.

On 03/23/16 a Newsarama article was posted featuring Ryolnir: With Beast, Collins said that he’s one of his favorites so far and he’s so versatile with offensive and defensive attacks. “I’m so excited for him! He’s going to be very bombastic as you’d expect I’m sure he’ll go crazy on people, but his designs are on paper right now so we’re figuring what mechanics we can do with him right now, but his designs aren’t as locked down as others.” Collins mentioned that while he was going over the voice recording of the character that Beast’s costumes each have him looking different. “He definitely doesn’t have the Squirrel Girl problem where he has only a few costumes.”

03/07/15 Cat Beast is currently our official Beast, similar to the NPC, yes. In the future, we may update him. I can't speak to the costumes for a playable Beast as there's no official plans for one right now, but I'd guess they'd be Cat Beast + Classic Beast, with NuBeast or All New X-Men as the third alt.

☯ NICK FURY ☯

There was a thread asking if playable Nick Fury will be black or white. The white Fury has been Senior and black has been Junior(Google it). Ryolnir said on 03/28/16 "He's not Nick Fury Jr. in our universe, since it's a slight amalgamation of 616/Ultimate/various others, FWIW."
On 03/23/16 a Newsarama article was posted featuring Ryolnir: “With Nick Fury you’re going to see some S.H.I.E.L.D. summoning, some L.M.D. action, some of his crazy gadgets like jetpacks, the needle gun, all the goodness from the classic Steranko days, as well as some newer tech and weaponry. Probably some movie-inspired stuff as well because how could we not?”
He will still be voiced by Keith David.

☯ BLACKBOLT ☯
He has been officially announced as a 2016 playable.

On 03/23/16 a Newsarama article was posted featuring Ryolnir: When Collins got around to talking about Black Bolt, he mentioned the scale of how powerful he is in the game. “Black Bolt is obviously going to be a fun one to do, what with his power set. Although I will say if you’ve read any of the recent Uncanny Inhumans stuff they actually portray his powers has having visual beams and such.” Collins mentioned he’ll have some really powerful AoEs that will allow players to destroy thugs really quickly, but he doesn’t have a lot of trademark abilities that focus on one person. “He’ll still be good at that, but we try to keep these characters in the same band of powers.”

☆☆☆☆☆ TEAM UPS ☆☆☆☆☆

Synergies - Michael Mayhem made a huge post about Team Up Synergies and as to whether they would benefit the hero or the team up.
http://forums.marvelheroes.com/discu...-discussion/p1
Fun Fact: Team Up Synergies weren't shipped with the release of Team Ups 2.0 because Gaz wasn't happy with the design they had originally.
Team Up 2.0 Phase 2 - There are a couple things included in this. Team Up Synergies and also Team Up attack commands. There may be more involved as well.
Team Up Attack Orders - On 03/15/116 A community member asked: "Is there a way to order a TU to attack?" And Asros replied: "We are looking to add that functionality soon. The goal is to get Team-Up's to function like Rocket's Groot summon. Be able to direct it to move or attack a target using the summon team-up button. No ETA on it."
Team Up Experience Bar: On 02/01/16 Ryolnir stated "There are a lot of UI initiatives right now, so it's fairly low on the list, so no ETA."

☯ PUNISHER, MARVEL'S DAREDEVIL ☯
As mentioned on 03/30/16 by Ryolnir, this was intended to go to the store already but it's being held for the same improvements changes the costume is currently getting. Ryolnir said on 04/07/16 this could take a few weeks but it is a priority, the art team is currently swamped atm.

☯ AP3 MYSTERY TEAM UP 1 ☯
This is one of two team ups that have yet to be determined for 2016.

☯ AP3 MYSTERY TEAM UP 2 ☯
This is one of two team ups that have yet to be determined for 2016.

☆☆☆ COSTUMES GENERAL INFORMATION ☆☆☆

The costume choosing process - On 03/23/16 a Newsarama article was posted featuring Ryolnir: Speaking of costumes, Collins described the costuming decisions for Marvel Heroes 2016 is a multi-tiered one. “We have a system where we look at our art director and producer and I look at a list of the characters who haven’t had a new costume in a while, who has the fewest, who has the most popular. So we look at that list and we pick out a certain amount every quarter. It’s important for us that the fans get these choices, no matter how poorly or greatly they sell. Then we decide which characters and have a meeting and argue and discuss who gets prioritized. Is there something we can tie into, so we go to Marvel and ask what they think, so it’s a collaborative process that goes through many stages.”
Costume Dressing Room, Default Costumes and the Blender - On 06/28/16 Ryolnir said that in the future they'd like to remove costumes as an item you have all the time and make them consumable where you would unlock the costume, but can get rid of any extra. They want to add in a way where you can quickly swap between costumes(and more the core+stats onto other items).
Costume Cores - On 04/16/16 Asros responded to a question about craftable med kits with different effects that were mention previously and if it's still around how will it interact with costume cores. They still want to do that with the med kits but they want to make a much bigger change to costume cores and make them so they aren't costume cores anymore.
Ryolnir mentioned they would like to remove consumable med kits as an item and simply make them a cooldown.

Please note that material passes shown could be in the game already. They don't mention them in the patch notes and often time's the artists aren't even sure if you ask about them. If you are certain something is in the live server please post a pic and I'll remove the image from the thread, thanks.
Lord said that his plan is to put the main focus on launch characters, however there may be a costume here and there that may not be that gets a VU.
Hulk's VU: On 08/01/16 Agent Vapor said that Hulk's VU is still in the pipeline and is planned to make it into the game later this month."
Deadpool VU: On 07/20/16 The Dink said that she would be working on Deadpool's Visual Update. She did mention she wasn't sure if Lady Deapool will get a VU or not.
Storm - On 06/30/16 The Dink posted: Schedule changes all the time so I probably should not even say this but I know the Storm fans have been waiting patiently for her VU and I think she will be the next female to receive one, now mind, schedule changes so don't hold he to this. Also a reminder, she will be using her Astonishing model moving forward.
☆☆ DYNAMIC COMBAT LEVEL ☆☆

Dynamic Combat Level Phase 1: That will be coming with tomorrow's patch.
Agent Vapor posted on 08/01/16 - Some kool things that will be coming in the DCL is enemy level number has been removed and the health bar now shows difficulty color progression - green, orange, and red. Chapter 10 won't require level 60 anymore to unlock, only that chapter 9 has been completed. Cosmic Trial will now be accessed from the hub instead of MM. Story mode reward Xp has been lessened from amin missions but been more distributed throughout the story. Read more in the link below.
https://forums.marvelheroes.com/disc...ombat-level/p1
Michael Mayhem posted a thread about the DCL 06/16/16. Go to the thread below to see the initial explanation.
http://forums.marvelheroes.com/discu...iculty-setting
On 06/16/16 Mayhem posted : The current plan is that when personal Difficulty becomes enabled, for group play, the party leader determines the difficulty for all party members present. This is the only way to prevent exploits, and is the same experience as players have now. All players within the same region will be of the same difficulty. In order to change your difficulty setting, you will need to change to a new instance of the region.
On 07/14/16 Agent Vapor posted several things about the DCL: Loot drops will be based on your current hero level. Agent Vapor took the time to answer some more questions also.
Q. Someone asked about how the DCL will work with the cosmic gate since the difficulty slider will remove the need for tags such as Cosmic, Red, and Green difficulty levels. Agent Vapor: "Yeah, that is something that we'll have more details on once the difficulty slider is closer to release. It's something that will come later after Dynamic Combat Level is already in the game, but in the interim the Cosmic trial and things like Red / Green / Cosmic Terminals will still operate as they do currently."
Q. So 1-59, and 60 will have its own band? What about cosmic patrols, raids, Limbo, Holo-Sim, X-Defense? Will it affect endgame? Agent Vapor: "A. Midtown will be a single 1-60 region, there won't be a separate level 60 band. Holo-SIM and X-Defense will similarly have one region that supports the entire eligible level range. Right now those are also available from level 1, so they will also be 1-60 regions; if, say, X-Defense becomes something that unlocks a bit later like at level 10, then it would just change to be a 10-60 region rather than 1-60. The Cosmic trial and other modes that currently require level 60 will still have that requirement and won't really be affected by Dynamic Combat Level. As for how you'll specifically access the Cosmic trial, there's still a bit of discussion there and it may become its own Waypoint that unlocks at level 60 rather than using the existing portal within Midtown."
Q. Say I am a level 60 in high town with a friend who is level 11. does it work that way? and the level 11 will still get normal XP and I will get reduced XP? Agent Vapor: A. "You'll both get normal experience and loot for your level, actually! That's one of the big benefits of Dynamic Combat Level, you'll be able to play together rather than having to play in separate regions with fixed level ranges.

Relic System Review - On 08/01/16 Asros stated We are in the process of doing a high level design review of the relic system right now, mainly focusing on what we want it to do for players. Nothing to announce now, but we understand that the system does feel fairly antiquated and want to improve it.

Chapter 1 Updates - Agent Vapor posted on 08/01/16 We'll also be moving forward with our Story Mode chapter updates, with chapter 1 being the first to hit Test Center this month.
On 07/13/16 When someone made a thread on the forums frustrated about it doesn't tell you were to go during quests Ryolnir posted "The Content team is working on streamlining this experience in a big way!"
Story Content 2.0/Cosmic Story Mode - As mentioned via the 06/03/16 stream over the next several months they want to revamp it to make story content better. They want to bring more Marvel into their content and make it a less confusing and fluid story experience which includes making systems like the mission log more fluid and letting players know they exist. There was mention of "Cosmic" story mode(which probably won't be named that) where players at level 60 would be able to play a cosmic-esk difficulty story mode. They will also making visual upgrades to story mode as well.

Next up

Pre-Order Angela, the Asgardian Assassin Now! Plus Much More!Trouble

Pre-order Angela today, and get 10% off her Hero Pack! Raised in the banished Tenth Realm of Heven, Marvel Heroes 2016’s 59th playable character was only recently revealed to be the long lost sister of Thor and Loki. Wanting nothing to do with Asgard, however, she now charts her own path.(Learn More...)

You demanded her, and now she’s here!
Team up with Kamala Khan today!

(More Info...)

Now available! This punk-inspired costume was created by Chris Bachalo for UNCANNY X-MEN #14.
(More Info...)

Almost every Team-Up and Pet is 50% off once
again in celebration of the release of Ms. Marvel!

(More Info...)

The Mystic Mayhem Event has returned once
again. Can you master Limbo?
(More Info...)

Lastly

The Stream Team: Marvel Heroes’ story gets level scaling

August 15, 2016 4 Comments

One of the saddest things for MassivelyOP’s MJ in Marvel Heroes was the fact that friends of different levels couldn’t really join her on her adventures, especially story missions.

However, that has all changed! With a recent update, different-leveled players can group up and both receive XP and rewards while running through the story and instances like Midtown and Industrial City. This really comes in handy since MJ has never gone back and finished the extra missions that were added to all the chapters! Join us live at 9:00 p.m. as she returns to these missing story pieces with friends. What: Marvel Heroes
When: 9:00 p.m. EDT on Monday, August 15th, 2016
Read more

source: ★☯★ THE FUTURE OF MH 2016 ★☯★ Info on all things coming to Marvel Heroes. Updated 07/25/16, Marvel Heroes. & Massivelyop.com/

Last edited by zenith16; 08-16-2016 at 03:36 AM.
Old 08-25-2016, 10:12 PM   #866
zenith16
Side-Kick

Also with

Marvel Heroes the angelic assassin Angela and never-melting ice cream bars

August 25, 2016 8 Comments

As was foretold by the stars and prophets of old — as well as Gazillion’s developers — Thor’s sister Angela has joined the cast of Marvel Heroes. Angela might not be as well-known as her Asgardian sibling, but she stands to make her own way in the game as Marvel Heroes’ 59th character. She plays as a hard-hitting assassin who uses her “heavenly ribbons” to assist with her sword attacks. Angela also comes with a massive chip on her shoulder that’s free of cost.
Today’s patch redesigned the first chapter of the story mode and triggered the start of an End of Summer event. The event description must be quoted in full, otherwise you would think we were making this up:
This past summer has been a scorcher so Dr. Pym and Mr. Fantastic put their great minds together to make Never Melting Ice Cream Bars for their fellow heroes to help keep them cool. Jealous that they didn’t have access to this new tasty technology, villains banded together and stole all of the Ice Cream Bars for themselves and stole the secret Never Melting Cores!Read more

More Recently
Marvel Heroes super jumps over to South Korea

September 2, 2016 9 Comments

Marvel Heroes has gone live today… in South Korea. Gazillion announced this morning that it’s teamed up with Taiwanese cloud-gaming tech firm Ubitus, Inc. for the launch in a partnership that it says “marks the beginning of the initiative to fully localize the popular massively multiplayer online action-RPG across Asian territories.” Before you wonder, yes — it is a very good idea, given how well modern superhero movie exports do in the Chinese and Korean markets. Gazillion is clearly well aware; CEO David Dohrmann gets the money quote:
“As Marvel characters continue to gain popularity in Asia thanks to Marvel’s own efforts, millions of new fans are craving great games to play starring iconic characters like Captain America, Iron Man, Spider-Man and Deadpool. Gazillion and Ubitus are excitedly there to answer that need with Marvel Heroes 2016, which itself only continues to improve as time goes on. South Korean gamers and Marvel fans are in for a real treat, and we can’t wait to expand the audience even further as we launch the game in other Asian territories in the months to come.”
Most recently over on this side of the Pacific, the MMOARPG introduced a new playable toon and rolled out dynamic level scaling.
Source: Press releaseRead more

Lastly

Add Angela to your Hero roster today! Raised in the banished Tenth Realm of Heven, Marvel Heroes 2016’s 59th playable character was only recently revealed to be the long lost sister of Thor and Loki. Wanting nothing to do with Asgard, however, she now charts her own path. (Learn More...)

Angela's first costume, from the pages of 1602:
WITCH HUNTER ANGELA #1, is also now available!

(More Info...)

A third Ultron costume is now in the store.
Check out Ultron-11!

(More Info...)

A brand new Fortune Card has arrived, featuring
Gold Ultron and more. Are you feeling lucky?

(More Info...)

Felicia Hardy is a pop star in Spider-Gwen’s universe (Earth-65). Grab this unique costume now.

(More Info...)

Via: GI& Massivelyop.com/
source: Patch notes, Marvel Heroes

Last edited by zenith16; 09-03-2016 at 11:57 PM.
Old 09-11-2016, 09:39 PM   #867
zenith16
Side-Kick

Here's what new from my boy Tribal Sage . Yeah this will look like Christmas lights to some of you all .

But that's how he's doing it for now.

HOW TO TELL WHATS NEW
Red Text means something in the section has been added or updated the past 6 days or so. If you see a red header with stars and no red text underneath it, it means a pic was added or I forgot to change the color back to black.

Green Text means there's something new to the thread but not something that was stated in the past 7+ days of the info being made public.

Civil War event - 09/02/16 12:01pm PST to 09/20/16 (you can switch sides 09/09/16 12pm PST and again 09/16/16 12pm PST)

09/08/16 Patch and End Of Summer event vendor will be going away.

09/20/16 Patch and Agents of SHIELD event(runs till 09/30/16)

09/30/16 Patch and Luke Cage event

☆☆GENERAL AND HINTED EVENTS INFO ☆☆

First of a number of Dev Blogs with Big Announcements and Upcoming Changes possibly coming at the end of this week.
Luke Cage event details - 08/31/16 it was posted that it would be fairly similar in scope with the past Daredevil event and it will focus on Luke Cage's comic history as well as the new Netflix show. It will include the Diablos, New Achievements, Tournament, New Items, and experience boosts.

☯ NICK FURY ☯
Asros was asked on 08/30/16: Does this mean Nick Fury with the Shield Event? And Asros replied "Negative".
There was a thread asking if playable Nick Fury will be black or white. The white Fury has been Senior and black has been Junior(Google it). Ryolnir said on 03/28/16 "He's not Nick Fury Jr. in our universe, since it's a slight amalgamation of 616/Ultimate/various others, FWIW."
On 03/23/16 a Newsarama article was posted featuring Ryolnir: “With Nick Fury you’re going to see some S.H.I.E.L.D. summoning, some L.M.D. action, some of his crazy gadgets like jetpacks, the needle gun, all the goodness from the classic Steranko days, as well as some newer tech and weaponry. Probably some movie-inspired stuff as well because how could we not?”
He will still be voiced by Keith David.

☆☆☆☆☆ UPCOMING COSTUMES ☆☆☆☆☆

☯ CAPTAIN AMERICA ☯
On 08/29/16 Agent Vapor posted about a New Costume - Possibly the end of next week.

Dink posted on 08/30/16 : "If you are a Captain fan (which I'm sure most are since he gets sooooooo many costumes) it just may be the best looking costume in the entire game and set a new standard. It was done by @YoungNg and I'm sure many will be blown away ^^ it's super realistic and super detailed! He also did Wolverine's VU which is also awesome!"

☯ ELEKTRA ☯
On 08/29/16 Agent Vapor posted about a New Costume - Possibly the end of next week

Hulk's VU: On 08/29/16 Agent Vapor posted Hulk's VU is progressing nicely and could see release late next week.
Dr. Strange's Default costume VU is scheduled to go out with tomorrow's patch(09/08/16)

Wolverine's VU: On 08/29/16 Agent Vapor posted Wolverine's VU is progressing nicely and could see release late next week.
Psylocke VU - On 09/02/16 The Dink said that her classic would be getting a VU and most likely be using the House Of M costume model for it. She also mentioned there would be some up coming material passes for her other costumes as well.

☆☆ CRAFTING/GEAR ☆☆

Infinity Stones - In a recent datamine on 09/08/16 there were pics of the 6 Infinity Stones. Each was labeled like you see here: elements/infinity_system_stone_reality

☆☆ LEADERBOARDS, TOURNAMENTS, AND SEASONS ☆☆

Tournament to come with Luke Cage event on 09/31/16

☆☆☆ BOSS AND MOB IMPROVEMENTS ☆☆☆

Dr. Octopus - Asros posted on 09/07/16 "Doc Ock is getting a VU, not sure what the status of it is. I'll check today." A short time later he posted "Checked on Doc Ock, its moving along, needs some new animations and rigging. The model looks great, so excited!"**

On 09/30/16 Agent Vapor addressed the removal of bonuses from story mode.

Story Mode 2.0 - As mentioned via the 06/03/16 stream over the next several months they want to revamp it to make story content better. They want to bring more Marvel into their content and make it a less confusing and fluid story experience which includes making systems like the mission log more fluid and letting players know they exist. There was mention of "Cosmic" story mode(which probably won't be named that) where players at level 60 would be able to play a cosmic-esk difficulty story mode. They will also making visual upgrades to story mode as well.
☆☆ HOLO SIM AND DANGER ROOM☆☆

Level 60 Holo Sim - On 08/31/16 Asros posted: "After we patch on Tuesday, September 20th, we will be have our first Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D event! More details will be coming, but we have some very cool things coming to coincide with the season premiere. Holo-Sim is getting some love, including a new, more challenging level 60 only version with a full loot review, some new rewards and new achievements. We will be running this event until Friday, September 30th. The new level 60 version of Holo-Sim should be on Test Center fairly soon to test out."

source: ★☯★ THE FUTURE OF MH 2016 ★☯★ Info on all things coming to Marvel Heroes. Updated 09/07/16

Old 09-15-2016, 09:49 PM   #868
zenith16
Side-Kick

ok here's what new this up coming week end.

☆☆☆ COSTUMES GENERAL INFORMATION ☆☆☆

cap has his modern soldier outfit out this week

☯ GREEN GOBLIN ☯
Thunderbolts - On 09/14/16 Asros posted that it's the next Green Goblin costume.

Scarlet Witch VU: On 09/14/16 The Dink said: It's in the pipeline, I hope awaiting approval but I could be wrong. She was done by another Artist but her Civil War face was used(Default costume).

Cyclops VU: On 09/14/16 The Dink mentioned Cyclops has had one visual update but there are more to come for him.

Hulk's VU: On 09/14/16 The Dink gave an update: Hulk is still in progress but is delayed due to some changes. His VU should not have been announced until it was ready to hit live because of posts like this.

☆☆ CRAFTING/GEAR ☆☆

Insignias - On 09/14/16 Asros posted concerning Winter Soldiers being added to the Thunderbolt's Insignias "Just made the change right now, should go in with next Tuesdays release."

Infinity Stones - In a recent datamine on 09/08/16 there were pics of the 6 Infinity Stones. Each was labeled like you see here: elements/infinity_system_stone_reality

Fallowing all this here's some thing from game informer

A more detailed article here

Comprehensive Design Revamp Coming in Series of Updates

Posted Sep 16, 2016

Marvel Heroes 2016 News | 6 Comments

The Marvel Heroes Online site has been updated with big news that a series of updates will be incoming that will update every Hero, every character build, including power points to include meaningful choices; revamping talents so that every Hero will have five sets; Heroes to be given both Defensive, Offensive and some with a Mechanic traits; Hero balance to improve the health of the game and much, much more.
Read more

source: ★☯★ THE FUTURE OF MH 2016 ★☯★ Info on all things coming to Marvel Heroes. Updated 09/14/16, GI &MMORPG.com

Last edited by zenith16; 09-17-2016 at 10:23 PM.
Old 09-17-2016, 09:20 PM   #869
zenith16
Side-Kick

ok got this via tribal sage's special face book group. more detail coming soon. plus a video on cap's new modern soldier costume from the youtube site it's self

Robbie Reyes and Quake Team Ups have been added to the TC log in screen for the upcoming SHIELD event. In my opinion both look really good.. love the car!

0:13
Captain America Modern Soldier Costume - Now Available in Marvel Heroes 2016!
1,490 views 1 day ago

Last edited by zenith16; 09-17-2016 at 10:22 PM.
Old 09-21-2016, 10:32 PM   #870
zenith16
Side-Kick

Marvel Heroes adds Quake, Ghost Rider team-ups; Mark Rubin joins Gazillion

September 21, 2016 6 Comments

Did you catch the premiere of Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. last night? Are you kind of wishing you could see more of the characters in Marvel Heroes? Good news for you: You can run with Quake and Ghost Rider as buyable team-ups in the MMOARPG as of today.
“Inspired by Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Gazillion proudly presents two new Team-Up Heroes for Marvel Heroes 2016. As with any Team-Up Hero, Ghost Rider and Quake fight alongside one of the game’s 59 playable Super Heroes. As the Spirit of Vengeance, Robbie Reyes comes fully equipped with a blazing hotrod, while Daisy Johnson prefers to ‘shake’ things up a bit. Both are available now!”
In other Marvel Heroes news, Gazillion announced this morning that it’s added former Infinity Ward executive producer Mark Rubin to its board. Turns out he’s a player and big fan of Marvel Heroes already. He’ll be meeting with players on Twitch this Friday evening at 7:30 p.m. EDT.
Read more

source: Massivelyop.com/

Old 09-22-2016, 08:08 AM   #871
Nathan

Aaaaand I bought them.

Old 09-22-2016, 08:40 AM   #872
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
Aaaaand I bought them.
how are they? Im reluctant when it comes to purchasing Team-Ups. I love the costume on GR (and Miles as well) and wish those were alternates for the main heroes.

I have about 3200 splinters hoarded though now. I need to spend them on something. Im thinking a FF member like Human Torch or Invisible Woman. Im over getting the random free boxes as i think i have about 40 heroes and the chances of me getting a dupe is too high

I havent had any luck with the random costume mixer. I keep getting costumes for characters I dont own or care to want to own.

Theres a massive update coming in the future. They didnt name it but I wonder if this will be branded as Marvel Heroes 2017: https://marvelheroes.com/news/news-a...ms-update-ever

Old 09-22-2016, 09:35 AM   #873
Nathan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
how are they? Im reluctant when it comes to purchasing Team-Ups. I love the costume on GR (and Miles as well) and wish those were alternates for the main heroes.
Usually I don't buy them either, or very rarely. But I just watched the Episode the other day, saw them both up for sale and thought "Ah, what the heck. Why not?".

I don't have either of them fully leveled. I think Ghost Rider is only level 30, but so far they are fun to have around. And I just really enjoy to be able to kick ass with Daisy by my side.

Quote:
I havent had any luck with the random costume mixer. I keep getting costumes for characters I dont own or care to want to own.
I noticed I still had 2 random hero boxed stashed away. One was from you. I wanted to wait before using them. Well, used them today. First I used the random costume box, which I also still had stashed away. Got a Squirrel Girl costume. =/ Used the random hero box. Got Squirrel Girl. =/ Used the second hero box, which was yours, got Loki. He was new.

Old 09-22-2016, 10:34 AM   #874
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post

I noticed I still had 2 random hero boxed stashed away. One was from you. I wanted to wait before using them. Well, used them today. First I used the random costume box, which I also still had stashed away. Got a Squirrel Girl costume. =/ Used the random hero box. Got Squirrel Girl. =/ Used the second hero box, which was yours, got Loki. He was new.
Nice! Loki was one of the first hero I got and he's super fun. He's about to get a major overhaul that gives him a melee build

Don't have Squirrel girl but I keep getting her costumes

Old 09-22-2016, 10:30 PM   #875
zenith16
Side-Kick

Gazillion's Massive Plans May Be Worth The Wait

Posted Sep 22, 2016

Marvel Heroes 2016 Articles| 21 Comments
Face it, 2016 hasn't necessarily been a kind year to Marvel Heroes. The year's first few months had the game's dev team tied up pushing out movie tie-in content for Captain America: Civil War and things have been pretty dry since then. As it would turn out, this dry spell was a bit of a gambit on Gazillions part: risk players being bored in the short term in order to execute on some massive plans that would deal with some Marvel Heroes' most significant long term issues.
Read more

source:MMORPG.com