The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

View Poll Results: Do you think Affleck is a good choice?
Yes 172 74.14%
No 60 25.86%
Voters: 232. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2014, 02:57 AM   #651
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Default Re: Ben Affleck IS Batman - - Part 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
Call me sarcastic or snide all you want, I hit the nail on the damn head.

I NAILED ALL OF YOU!!!

You never called me back though man. You said I was special.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.

http://www.tobecontinuedafanboypodcast.com/TBC'S SPOILER REVIEW DISCUSSION OF MARVEL STUDIOS' BLACK PANTHER WITH SPECIAL GUEST BASSY BOB BROCKMANN
Old 06-09-2014, 03:46 AM   #652
Sharkboy
Tell em Steve-Dave

Quote:
LOL "He looks so Bruce Wayne in those pics!" Yes, he looks tall, muscular, dark-haired and Caucasian.

Because that's such a stretch from how Ben normally looks.
He says what we all feel.

1-The Dark Knight/2-The Dark Knight Rises/3-Captain America: The Winter Soldier/4-Batman Begins/5-X-Men: Days of Future Past/6-Guardians of the Galaxy/7-Spider-Man 2/8-The Avengers/9-Superman:TM/10-The Incredibles
Old 06-09-2014, 04:11 AM   #653
D.P.
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post
Hey you're doing it wrong! You're supposed to come up with a condescendingly snide remark!
I have nothing.

Quote:
Call me sarcastic or snide all you want, I hit the nail on the damn head.

I NAILED ALL OF YOU!!!

Wait...what?

Old 06-09-2014, 05:06 AM   #654
ArmsHeldOut
TBD

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.P. View Post
I mean, that's a cute little sarcastic remark, but at the end of the day we've never had a Bruce Wayne on screen who was over 6 feet tall (he is 6'2" canon). Not to mention the square jaw.

So yea, he actually does "look so Bruce Wayne!"...
Exactly. It's not like this is the first time we've seen Bruce Wayne portrayed by an actor with dark hair and a decent build; Bale's hair color was maybe a couple of shades lighter than Affleck's. As good as our former on-screen Batman was, though, he never quite looked like his comic book counterpart.

I think just about all of Affleck's recent predecessors in the role have a more distinctive appearance than he does: Bale has hawkish features; Keaton and Kilmer are almost infamous for their sort of "pouty" look under the cowl (a fact not lost on the satirical publication, Mad magazine). Affleck, however, much like a comic book drawing, has this kind of square-jawed, generic countenance.

I can't speak for everyone, but, for me, that's why the guy looks so much like Bruce Wayne/Batman. As he continues to improve on his physicality through exercise and such, said resemblance will naturally be taken a few steps further. That could explain some of the positive reaction (to newer pics) we tend to see on the boards of late.

Old 06-09-2014, 05:10 AM   #655
Perfect Cell
Bio-Android Emoji

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmsHeldOut View Post
Exactly. It's not like this is the first time we've seen Bruce Wayne portrayed by an actor with dark hair and a decent build; Bale's hair color was maybe a couple of shades lighter than Affleck's. As good as our former on-screen Batman was, though, he never quite looked like his comic book counterpart.

I think just about all of Affleck's recent predecessors in the role have a more distinctive appearance than he does: Bale has hawkish features; Keaton and Kilmer are almost infamous for their sort of "pouty" look under the cowl (a fact not lost on the satirical publication, Mad magazine). Affleck, however, much like a comic book drawing, has this kind of square-jawed, generic countenance.

I can't speak for everyone, but, for me, that's why the guy looks so much like Bruce Wayne/Batman. As he continues to improve on his physicality through exercise and such, said resemblance will naturally be taken a few steps further. That could explain some of the positive reaction (to newer pics) we tend to see on the boards of late.
His physical improvements are definitely helping, but I think it was the picture of the Batsuit that did it. Even hardened critics of Affleck's choice admitted that he looks damn near perfect in the cowl. And I think that just started a spread of optimism and positivity regarding Affleck. People started making the pizza jokes less, there was less hand-wringing, and the sun shined just a little brighter each morning.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Old 06-09-2014, 05:17 AM   #656
ArmsHeldOut
TBD

^ I've actually noticed people come around (at least in this particular thread) even before the official pic was released.

Old 06-09-2014, 06:11 AM   #657
D.P.
Banned User

Hmph, hadn't seen the new pics. Just went back a few pages.

That's our guy. Shedding some of the chubbiness in his face too.

I'm hyped to see his performance more than ever now.

Old 06-09-2014, 06:21 AM   #658
ArmsHeldOut
TBD

A few more:

Old 06-09-2014, 06:24 AM   #659
D.P.
Banned User

Dude is looking better every time we see him.

Old 06-09-2014, 06:37 AM   #660
Spider-Aziz
Death Match Taunt

In the suited image he looks more buff

YOUTUBE
It's over 5000

The internet: You formed your personal opinion and liked something popular? You are part of the herd. You like something new and unpopular? Cult of the new.
Old 06-09-2014, 07:27 AM   #661
matt47
Side-Kick

really? It looks to me that he really fills the suit out. Add an inch or two for the suit and that's pretty much him. The abs are really the only thing I don't know about.

Btw, in that second pic he really does have that (albeit, smaller of course) frame of TDKR's batman.

Old 06-09-2014, 08:15 AM   #662
Rorschach2012
I'll Cancel The Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmsHeldOut View Post
A few more:

He looks exactly how Bruce Wayne should here. Visually, he's the most comic book accurate movie Bruce ever.

Old 06-09-2014, 08:27 AM   #663
G.Godfrey
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach2012 View Post
He looks exactly how Bruce Wayne should here. Visually, he's the most comic book accurate movie Bruce ever.
Yeah but that's all irrelevant because he's Ben Affleck.

Old 06-09-2014, 08:30 AM   #664
lukebrodyg
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Godfrey View Post
Yeah but that's all irrelevant because he's Ben Affleck.

Nice.

Old 06-09-2014, 08:32 AM   #665
lukebrodyg
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by theShape View Post
He looks diesel.
No...no he does not.

Old 06-09-2014, 08:36 AM   #666
TheNextNolan22
Hurting Really REALLY BAD

Yes...yes he does.

Man of Steel (Zack Snyder)/ Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice (Zack Snyder)/ Suicide Squad (David Ayer)/ Wonder Woman (Patty Jenkins)/Justice League (Zack Snyder)/The Flash/Aquaman (James Wan) /Shazam!/Cyborg/Green Lantern
Old 06-09-2014, 08:46 AM   #667
lukebrodyg
Side-Kick

I'm as excited as the next guy about Ben's current look (very BW indeed) and obviously the Batsuit. But to make Ben out to be this hulking dude is just ridiculous. He's a big guy but he's not as big as Cavill and even Cavill wasn't as big as say a pro-wrestler, which is what I would equate to being "diesel."

Old 06-09-2014, 08:58 AM   #668
BatFan1979
The Fan Batman Needs...

I agree Affleck is big, but I haven't seen any "diesel" images of him yet. I mean that physique on his 6'3"-6'4" frame is perfect for his role here, but I'd agree with lukebrodyg that Cavill was diesel for MoS. Another example would be Dwayne Johnson in pretty much any role of his...I mean he's 6'5" and monstrously huge! Ben looks great though!

As much as it pains me to admit it, I kinda agree with zryson.
~ Naked Bat
Old 06-09-2014, 09:21 AM   #669
The Shape
In the shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukebrodyg View Post
I'm as excited as the next guy about Ben's current look (very BW indeed) and obviously the Batsuit. But to make Ben out to be this hulking dude is just ridiculous. He's a big guy but he's not as big as Cavill and even Cavill wasn't as big as say a pro-wrestler, which is what I would equate to being "diesel."
Sorry, I don't only equate the word "diesel" with pro wrestlers, and niether should you.

Ben's clearly put on a good amount of muscle mass in recent weeks. His traps look big, and his arms have gotten bigger and more defined. Compared to how he looked just a few months ago, I can confidently say that he's looking diesel now. He looks even more jacked with the musculature of the new Batsuit.

Old 06-09-2014, 09:33 AM   #670
hafizbat
Wild Cherry

He looks better, but not "diesel" by any means.

He's not even close to the physique Cavill has achieved.

Old 06-09-2014, 09:42 AM   #671
HUMANIMAL

maybe he doesn't have to.
you know,
because he's batman

MY FANART AND MANIPS
Old 06-09-2014, 09:43 AM   #672
ThePhantasm
2 sexy 4 a stormtrooper

and so the debate over the meaning of the word "diesel" commences

Countdown to Mysterious Heroism | Ɉ |
Old 06-09-2014, 09:43 AM   #673
Citadel30
Here I am...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hafizbat View Post
He looks better, but not "diesel" by any means.

He's not even close to the physique Cavill has achieved.

In Ben's defense - everytime we are seeing Cavill shirtless in the movie and on the behind the scenes DVD footage- they were all scenes where he either just got done working out to prepare for a shirtless scene or doing some workouts to show how big he got during his training regiment. Anyone who works out a ton knows that you are your biggest when you are just finishing a workout and your muscles are pumped with blood. Ben looks pretty big in these candid shots and what i really like seeing is the vein on his bicep which means his body fat % is low. what that means is that when he is doing a workout and gets a "pump", his muscles will really look full and swollen.

i think he will compare well to Cavill in a movie scene shirtless if they are both pumped.

Old 06-09-2014, 09:46 AM   #674
hafizbat
Wild Cherry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citadel30 View Post
In Ben's defense - everytime we are seeing Cavill shirtless in the movie and on the behind the scenes DVD footage- they were all scenes where he either just got done working out to prepare for a shirtless scene or doing some workouts to show how big he got during his training regiment. Anyone who works out a ton knows that you are your biggest when you are just finishing a workout and your muscles are pumped with blood. Ben looks pretty big in these candid shots and what i really like seeing is the vein on his bicep which means his body fat % is low. what that means is that when he is doing a workout and gets a "pump", his muscles will really look full and swollen.

i think he will compare well to Cavill in a movie scene shirtless if they are both pumped.
...The pic of Cavill I posted for comparison is also a candid pic. Not a shirtless scene with a pump, lighting, etc.

From both of their recent candid pics, it's clear that Cavill is on a whole different level.

Old 06-09-2014, 09:50 AM   #675
lukebrodyg
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by theShape View Post
Sorry, I don't only equate the word "diesel" with pro wrestlers, and niether should you.

Ben's clearly put on a good amount of muscle mass in recent weeks. His traps look big, and his arms have gotten bigger and more defined. Compared to how he looked just a few months ago, I can confidently say that he's looking diesel now. He looks even more jacked with the musculature of the new Batsuit.
Well I do because generally speaking they are WAY bigger than Affleck or Cavil.

His arms have gotten more defined but not bigger and since we've never seen (or at least I haven't on these boards) any shirtless or tank top pics of Affleck, you can't (and shouldn't ) really assume his traps are bigger either.

Closed Thread