The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Supergirl

Old 07-06-2017, 09:12 AM   #451
Kelly
#RESIST
SHH! Administrator

Default Re: Tyler Hoechlin IS Superman - Part 2

I hope so, because this scene has to come before Clark's scene with Kara, in that fact that he tells her...he and Jimmy talked.

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase.
~Martin Luther King Jr.~
Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 12:46 PM   #452
BH/HHH
You Are My World

Now part of me is remembering the episide Luthors, I thought they really played up the whole Superman vs Lex feud. Makes me think if Supetman does come back, the story might involve Lex.

BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 09:57 PM   #453
Steamteck
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
It's not that he lost the fight though it's the manner in which and then the need for him to devalue himself in the dialogue. .

Honestly, I was waiting for him to get the advantage and her to somehow pull from deep inside herself for the huge final effort and score a surprise turnaround. that would have been so much more epic and felt so much more right.

Old 08-13-2017, 10:57 AM   #454
BH/HHH
You Are My World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steamteck View Post
Honestly, I was waiting for him to get the advantage and her to somehow pull from deep inside herself for the huge final effort and score a surprise turnaround. that would have been so much more epic and felt so much more right.
Yeah agreed there.

Old 08-22-2017, 06:48 AM   #455
Robert_Anthony
Side-Kick

As you guys know, or maybe not, I am a game show GEEK! And it looks like Tyler will be playing some games soon...namely Hollywood Game Night, becoming the second Supergirl cast member (Peter Faccinelli) to play on the Emmy-Award winning show hosted by Jane Lynch, where teams compete in party-like games for a chance to win $25,000 for a civilian contestant.

Some BTS pics have shown up on Instagram...

Here he's playing the game "Off The Top of my head" where the category could be Things associated with the movies or a theater.

According to a Wikia game show site on HGN games...

Quote:
Teams will line up with word or phase that everyone can see but the guesser. The other member have to give clues to get them to say the word or phase on the head. Each correct answer is worth five points.

In this season of HGN, there's a new backyard and one of the games a newer version of the game Smash The Buzzer involves a big pool of plastic balls.

Quote:
All eight players participate. A category is given, along with items that may or may not fit. When a player hears an item that fits, the first to smash the buzzer scores, and the right to eliminate an opponent. If wrong, they are eliminated, and the opponent scores.

And Tyler with Cheryl Hines ("Modern Family") and comedian Iliza Shlesinger.

Here's the shot of Jane, the stars and the contestants.

Also set to compete...ice skaters turned NBC Sports commentators Tara Lipinski and Johnny Weir and Pamela Adlon who was the voice Bobby Hill on King of the Hill.

The show will be on NEXT Tue 8/29 at 10:01pm EST (after America's Got Talent) on NBC. And it will available on demand at NBC.com.

Just a heads up.

George Orwell (1903-1950), author of 1984

Last edited by Robert_Anthony; 08-22-2017 at 06:50 AM. Reason: changed text on last picture.
Robert_Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 12:37 PM   #456
LL2K2
Maid of Might

Appropriately enough, this episode is called "Super Smashed Game Night."

Emphasis on 'super.'

Old 08-23-2017, 02:58 AM   #457
vantheman77
Superman Fan 4 Life

As much as I want him back for the 3rd season, I don't expect him to appear in the first half of it due to the Justice League movie. If they can bring him over for the Mega-Crossover, I'd be very surprised.

vantheman77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 08:31 AM   #458
_Superman_
Man Of Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_Anthony View Post
As you guys know, or maybe not, I am a game show GEEK! And it looks like Tyler will be playing some games soon...namely Hollywood Game Night, becoming the second Supergirl cast member (Peter Faccinelli) to play on the Emmy-Award winning show hosted by Jane Lynch, where teams compete in party-like games for a chance to win $25,000 for a civilian contestant.

Some BTS pics have shown up on Instagram...

Here he's playing the game "Off The Top of my head" where the category could be Things associated with the movies or a theater.

According to a Wikia game show site on HGN games...

In this season of HGN, there's a new backyard and one of the games a newer version of the game Smash The Buzzer involves a big pool of plastic balls.

And Tyler with Cheryl Hines ("Modern Family") and comedian Iliza Shlesinger.

Here's the shot of Jane, the stars and the contestants.

Also set to compete...ice skaters turned NBC Sports commentators Tara Lipinski and Johnny Weir and Pamela Adlon who was the voice Bobby Hill on King of the Hill.

The show will be on NEXT Tue 8/29 at 10:01pm EST (after America's Got Talent) on NBC. And it will available on demand at NBC.com.

Just a heads up.
Cheryl Hines is not from Modern Family but instead from Curb Your Enthusiasm.

_Superman_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 04:28 AM   #459
BH/HHH
You Are My World

I rewatched the Supergirl S2 finale this morning and it was better than I remembered. First time I watched it I was so annoyed about the outcome of the Supergirl fight (well actually the dialogue that followed) that I think it ruined my enjoyment of the rest of the episode. But watching it this time I noticed how throwaway that dialogue after the fight was. While it still bothers me it didn't dominate my emotions watching this time. I was able to appreciate what the episode offered from Superman. He guides Kara towards her fight with Rhea and the moment he takes out that Daxamite "at least you tried" is one of the best live-action Superman moments ever. I no longer feel the anger towards the finale as I did and I really hope Tyler Hoechlin returns in Season 3.

Up, up and Away!!!

Old 08-26-2017, 07:02 AM   #460
flickchick85
Loose Seal
SHH! Global Moderator

That pic is adorable.

Glad you were able to enjoy the Superman moments in the finale more this go-round, BH. Did it still feel like a final appearance for him to you? I never got that feeling myself but I remember you mentioning that before.

"They say: sufferings are misfortunes...Once we're thrown off our habitual paths, we think all is lost; but it's only here that the new and good begins.

As long as there's life, there's happiness. There's much, much still to come."

flickchick85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 07:37 AM   #461
Kelly
#RESIST
SHH! Administrator

Rewatching some of the episodes later hit me the same way. Especially the episode "Darkest Places"....NOW.......... "Ace Reporter" and "Lost Children" episodes? no....still at the bottom of my list.

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
~Martin Luther King Jr.~
Old 08-26-2017, 07:44 AM   #462
flickchick85
Loose Seal
SHH! Global Moderator

"Darkest Places" has dropped in my estimation on re-watch (which is funny, as I recall being one of the only ones on the board who really enjoyed it the first go-round), but the ones dropping furthest on my list are the "Star-Crossed"/"Distant Sun" combo. That was the true low-point of the whole Kara/Mon-El saga for me, and turned Kara into a character I just straight-up did not enjoy ("Ace Reporter" brought back the Kara I knew and loved). However, the subplots in those eps were even worse than that A-plot.

"They say: sufferings are misfortunes...Once we're thrown off our habitual paths, we think all is lost; but it's only here that the new and good begins.

Old 08-26-2017, 12:50 PM   #463
Osiris-Rex
Head-Kick

I like watching "Exodus" and "Ace Reporter" as a combo because Kara gets fired and then gets hired back. Plus watching "Exodus" first gives context to why Lyra is now part of
Team Guardian in "Ace Reporter. The main downside to "Ace Reporter" is it turns Kara into a damsel in distress that Lena has to rescue.

Osiris-Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 01:55 PM   #464
BH/HHH
You Are My World

Quote:
Originally Posted by flickchick85 View Post
That pic is adorable.

Glad you were able to enjoy the Superman moments in the finale more this go-round, BH. Did it still feel like a final appearance for him to you? I never got that feeling myself but I remember you mentioning that before.
You know what I never even thought about that watching this time so I guess I'd have to say it didn't.

Do you think he'll be back? I think if he is they probably won't be in a rush and he might not be back in Season 3.

Old 08-26-2017, 02:00 PM   #465
Kelly
#RESIST
SHH! Administrator

I could see him coming in the finale maybe....but IMO, they really didn't see the punch in ratings that I thought they would. Maybe they were excited about the 1.0 to 1.1 ratings, but I was hoping for more of a top Flash rating myself.

~Martin Luther King Jr.~
Old 08-26-2017, 02:18 PM   #466
BH/HHH
You Are My World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly View Post
I could see him coming in the finale maybe....but IMO, they really didn't see the punch in ratings that I thought they would. Maybe they were excited about the 1.0 to 1.1 ratings, but I was hoping for more of a top Flash rating myself.
I think the S3 finale could make sense as Superman has appeared in both season finales (albeit in the distance and as a pair of red boots in the season one finale).

I personally would like to see him cone back for a storyline with James and I want to see Lois appear. Maybe Superman could disappear and Lois comes to National City for Supergirl's help. Maybe somehow Superman gets trapped in the Phantom Zone, leaving Kara and the DEO having to find a way to get him out and inside he's dealing with Zod.

Old 08-26-2017, 02:49 PM   #467
Primal Slayer
The world is ready 4 you

They didn't really seem to hype of Superman outside of the premiere.

Primal Slayer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 04:14 PM   #468
flickchick85
Loose Seal
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
You know what I never even thought about that watching this time so I guess I'd have to say it didn't.

Do you think he'll be back? I think if he is they probably won't be in a rush and he might not be back in Season 3.
Oh I'm quite confident he'll be back at some point. Kreisberg admitted on the blu-ray that they got permission from WB to have him again for the finale before they even had the story in mind yet, which tells me as long as they are using him sparingly for like one or two episodes at a time, WB doesn't fuss and they can kinda bring him back whenever they want (as Tyler's schedule allows, of course). So I have little doubt they'll try to milk that opportunity once or twice a season, lol.

Old 08-26-2017, 04:26 PM   #469
BH/HHH
You Are My World

Quote:
Originally Posted by flickchick85 View Post
Oh I'm quite confident he'll be back at some point. Kreisberg admitted on the blu-ray that they got permission from WB to have him again for the finale before they even had the story in mind yet, which tells me as long as they are using him sparingly for like one or two episodes at a time, WB doesn't fuss and they can kinda bring him back whenever they want (as Tyler's schedule allows, of course). So I have little doubt they'll try to milk that opportunity once or twice a season, lol.
That's interesting, they really hid that well until they were ready to announce it. Guess we'll have to await his return whenever that may be.

Old 08-30-2017, 02:39 AM   #470
LL2K2
Maid of Might

First clip from tonight's episode of "Hollywood Game Night" is here:

Old 08-30-2017, 01:58 PM   #471
Robert_Anthony
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by LL2K2 View Post
First clip from tonight's episode of "Hollywood Game Night" is here:

Saw the show last night. I must say Tyler did fly at that buzzer in the Smash The Buzzer game...but he blew it on that question.

BUT...fear not...

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
He was part of the winning team captained by a real hero, a firefighter from Cleveland, OH...who went on to win the game and the bonus round Celebrity Name Game...AT THE LAST SECOND...to take the $25,000 grand prize.

George Orwell (1903-1950), author of 1984
Robert_Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 08:35 PM   #472
LL2K2
Maid of Might

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_Anthony View Post
Saw the show last night. I must say Tyler did fly at that buzzer in the Smash The Buzzer game...but he blew it on that question.

BUT...fear not...

He was part of the winning team captained by a real hero, a firefighter from Cleveland, OH...who went on to win the game and the bonus round Celebrity Name Game...AT THE LAST SECOND...to take the $25,000 grand prize.
Really? I thought...

Tara Lipinski's team pulled it out? Guess I'll have to see for myself.

Old 09-16-2017, 10:25 AM   #473
Indy Flash
DrumSolo

Tyler Hoechlin Superman With Trunks.

Last edited by Indy Flash; 09-18-2017 at 05:08 PM.
Indy Flash is offline   Reply With Quote