Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Supergirl

Old 06-29-2017, 08:23 AM   #51
Kelly
#RESIST
SHH! Administrator

Default Re: Odette Annable IS Reign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
She currently has her own title so it could work lol.
This is true, forgot about that....though I don't think that they will be making Alex "Superwoman". I have a feeling if they do it, it will be someone else, Lucy Lane coming back, or perhaps Lena, and they will go the "Supergirl" New 52 route for the character.

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase.
~Martin Luther King Jr.~
Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 11:46 AM   #52
Thome216
Look at my tiny Avatar!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly View Post
Super Woman dies in the comics...
Thankfully, I just got past that part in the Rebirth Superwoman... But there are a couple Superwomen in the comics...

And as we've seen, TV doesn't always slavishly follow the comic plot lines to a T. Which can also be bad...

I hope it's not Lucy Lane, more so because I don't like that actress. If they brought the character back with a new actor, then it might work. But I'm more for Alex taking on the cape because Chyler has such great chops and I think she would be great and would look awesome with the S on her chest!

Quote:
This is true, forgot about that....though I don't think that they will be making Alex "Superwoman". I have a feeling if they do it, it will be someone else, Lucy Lane coming back, or perhaps Lena, and they will go the "Supergirl" New 52 route for the character.
What do you mean? I've only read the New 52 Supergirl. Was there a New 52 Superwoman as well..?

EDIT. Okay, just read the wiki on New 52 Superwoman. Glad I didn't read that one. Hope they don't do that one at all!

Anyway, Alex for Superwoman!

Last edited by Thome216; 06-29-2017 at 11:50 AM.
Thome216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 12:25 PM   #53
Kelly
#RESIST
SHH! Administrator

That is probably the one they will use.

I don't think the show needs ANYMORE superheroes as regulars on the show. If they do that to Alex, they have ruined a fantastic and unique character to this show. IMO, that would be their biggest mistake thus far.

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
~Martin Luther King Jr.~
Old 06-29-2017, 02:05 PM   #54
Thome216
Look at my tiny Avatar!

It's pie in the sky, I know, but I can still hope.

But if they did do it, then I think it could also be Lois! Not a regular cast member and she could do recurring episodes like Tyler does. That also gets us a Lois Lane with a face rather than just as a reference, and she could be done like the Lana Lang Superwoman in order to differentiate from our regular Supes.

Just image it...

Last edited by Thome216; 06-29-2017 at 02:18 PM.
Old 06-29-2017, 03:10 PM   #55
Kelly
#RESIST
SHH! Administrator

That would be canon, so sure....

~Martin Luther King Jr.~
Old 06-30-2017, 06:05 AM   #56
Robert_Anthony
Side-Kick

Ladies and gentlemen...REIGN...well before the make-up and such

From Odette Annable's Instagram...

Quote:
So excited to be joining this talented group of people. See you soon

Andrew Breitbart, internet journalism pioneer (1969-2012)
Robert_Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 06:14 AM   #57
Osiris-Rex
Head-Kick

She should be excited to be on the Best Superhero Adaption Television Series and working with the Best Actress on Television.

Osiris-Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 10:17 AM   #58
Kelly
#RESIST
SHH! Administrator

Hopefully she will be at SDCC 2017

~Martin Luther King Jr.~
Old 06-30-2017, 02:41 PM   #59
Brierrose
Side-Kick

Th Smile Re: Odette Annable IS Reign

Quote:

I don't think the show needs ANYMORE superheroes as regulars on the show. If they do that to Alex, they have ruined a fantastic and unique character to this show. IMO, that would be their biggest mistake thus far.
Could not agree more, keep Alex human. She's was created for this show so turning her into an established character with powers would be wrong for many reasons including what you said Kelly. I wouldn't mind X-Kryptonite coming into play and giving Alex powers for just one episode. Not long enough for a suit or a name but I think Chyler could have a great reaction especially if Alex doesn't know if it's permanent.

Last edited by Brierrose; 06-30-2017 at 02:45 PM.
Brierrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 03:33 PM   #60
Kelly
#RESIST
SHH! Administrator

Hey Brie.....we need your fav scenes over on the nominating thread....

~Martin Luther King Jr.~
Old 06-30-2017, 08:17 PM   #61
Robert_Anthony
Side-Kick

Quote:

Thumbs up to that one, Kel. The relationship with Maggie was one of the many slowdowns of this past season...TIME TO REFOCUS ON KARA AND ALEX.

Old 06-30-2017, 09:28 PM   #62
Kelly
#RESIST
SHH! Administrator

I didn't mind their relationship at all, at least at the beginning. I would have liked to have seen Maggie as a cop more...because in the "Alex" episode she was supposed to be some outstanding cop, yet there was nothing shown of that anywhere.

Other than that, it was fine.

~Martin Luther King Jr.~
Old 07-02-2017, 07:14 PM   #63
Robert_Anthony
Side-Kick

Not taking anything away from Chyler and Floriana's chemistry, Kel...those two were DYNAMITE. I wanted to see a little more Cagney & Lacey out of them, though.

Old 07-02-2017, 08:13 PM   #64
Kelly
#RESIST
SHH! Administrator

They certainly could have used some of the "emo, past baggage" scenes to show her being an actual cop that doesn't just walk around looking like she is in charge.

~Martin Luther King Jr.~
Old 07-02-2017, 08:53 PM   #65
Thome216
Look at my tiny Avatar!

Well, hopefully when Kate Kane comes around, they'll do Alkane even better...

Old 07-05-2017, 10:44 PM   #66
vantheman77
Superman Fan 4 Life

Can't wait to see her go toe-to-toe with Supergirl.

If anyone should be Superwoman, it should be either Lucy Lane or Lana Lang.

vantheman77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 11:13 AM   #67
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Old 07-16-2017, 03:43 PM   #68
Robert_Anthony
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post

HT STUFF!

Meanwhile, here is Reign in all her...well not so glory

The picture is not much. but does that look like someone who may be about to give Supergirl her biggest challenge yet?

Old 07-24-2017, 11:00 AM   #69
Kelly
#RESIST
SHH! Administrator

Default Odette Annable IS Reign

Quote1 How do I know so much about the Worldkillers?! Because I AM one. Born to fight. Born to slaughter. Born to conquer. The desire burns in me like a million suns. But I do not know why. ~Reign~

History

Reign is a Worldkiller, a biological weapon created on Krypton but eventually outlawed by the Kryptonian Science Council.

Reign and other four Worldkillers were created by Zor-El, who later came to regret his part in the creation of those blood-thirsty, super-powerful monsters. Reign and her partners survived Krypton, but her origin remained a mystery even to her. All she knew about herself is her name and her being Worldkiller, and Krypton and Earth hold the answers to her origin.

When she tried to get to Krypton she found out that it was dead. However, Reign found Supergirl and followed her back to the remains of Argo City, hoping to find anything about their origin. Reign faced and beat Supergirl down, but Kara Zor-El couldn't provide any answers, so Reign left Supergirl for dead and headed back to Earth to conquer the planet.

Her rampage through New York City was stopped by Supergirl's return to Earth. Reign thought Supergirl would join her, but the young Kryptonian refused to. Reign and three of her Worldkillers partners fought an exhausted Supergirl, but the young hero managed to hurt one of them. Unwilling to take the risk to lose one of her soldiers, Reign opted to retreat and leave Earth, vowing she'd fight Supergirl again, and warning that she and her three partners aren't the only Worldkillers.

We know that the look of Reign will be somewhat different from in the comics, but how different is yet to be seen.

~Martin Luther King Jr.~
Old 07-24-2017, 03:36 PM   #70
Osiris-Rex
Head-Kick

Default Re: Odette Annabel IS Reign

I would guess the top will be less revealing.

Osiris-Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 04:30 PM   #71
flickchick85
Loose Seal
SHH! Global Moderator

Yes, she basically said as much in SDCC. That she's grateful they're changing up her look because it means she gets to wear more clothes.

"They say: sufferings are misfortunes...Once we're thrown off our habitual paths, we think all is lost; but it's only here that the new and good begins.

As long as there's life, there's happiness. There's much, much still to come."

flickchick85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 06:08 PM   #72
Loki882
Side-Kick

Yeah I don't blame her. The character design is quite good, but wow is that outfit stupid. And so blatantly fanservicey as well.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 08:15 PM   #73
Thome216
Look at my tiny Avatar!

I have no problem giving her more clothes...

But I hope her make-up is as close to the comic look as possible, nor that her character is watered down.

Old 07-24-2017, 08:17 PM   #74
flickchick85
Loose Seal
SHH! Global Moderator

Yeah, while it's clear she'll be appearing human at first and probably for the majority of her screentime, I do hope we see her in "true Reign" form at some point and that the look at least somewhat resembles the one from the comics (with more clothes). Like, just give her the hair, black eyes and minor facial prosthetics and I'll be pretty happy.

"They say: sufferings are misfortunes...Once we're thrown off our habitual paths, we think all is lost; but it's only here that the new and good begins.

As long as there's life, there's happiness. There's much, much still to come."

flickchick85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 08:28 PM   #75
Primal Slayer
Let the Siren scream

True Reign needs to be alien as hell. If we do see it I feel like it'll be straight up CGI like MM.

Primal Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote