Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Arrow

Old 07-15-2017, 04:27 PM   #776
Osiris-Rex
Head-Kick

Default Re: Arrow General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prison Mike View Post
Season 5 was good but I don't think it deserved an Emmy nom
Gotham was nominated for three Emmys this year, including Outstanding Stunt Coordination for a Drama Series, Limited Series, or Movie - 2017.
Gotham was also nominated in that category last year. I'd say the stunts on Arrow are just as good as on Gotham.

Osiris-Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 01:30 PM   #777
Syncos
ROFLICIOUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenging Angel View Post
Why is it green on the sides? Scales? Hmm no.
Yeah, as someone else mentioned, that's neither green, nor scales.

The green hue is from the lighting in the scene, you can tell, because the bunker around her in the setting is the same hue.

The diamond pattern is clearly supposed to be a nod to the fishnets, though I'm not sure I like how they've done it. Would have been fine to just do it on the legs or something. Seems like a weird touch.

I'm kinda torn about this Canary. So far I actually like her. But what they did with Laurel angered me soo much that I kinda hate that I like her. Had Laurel not been in the show, and they introduced this character exactly the same way, I would have been into it, and 100% on board, I think.

Old 07-17-2017, 02:24 PM   #778
Primal Slayer
The world is ready 4 you

Pretty much the same for me

Primal Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 03:04 PM   #779
Paradox1
Side-Kick

I felt like this new canary was introduced well, but afterwards she didn't get a whole lot of development. So for me she kinda just there, I don't understand what's her arc outside of replacing Laurel.

Old 07-17-2017, 03:34 PM   #780
Primal Slayer
The world is ready 4 you

Just the fact that they threw a Laurel in our faces only to "you want Laurel back? Here's her doppelganger. You wanted Laurel to be a meta? Here you go. Yoy want her back? haha we tricked you! Here's a new toy" made it so much worse at trying to accept DD.

Last edited by Primal Slayer; 07-17-2017 at 03:38 PM.
Old 07-18-2017, 12:57 PM   #781
Jedi Arrow
Vigilant Knight

It didn't take DD long to grow on me, either. Juliana fits the role very well, and she's got great chemistry with the team; she's just been underused. Hopefully this season will rectify that.

"I'm Mary Poppins, y'all!"
Jedi Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 03:02 AM   #782
Avenging Angel
Killer Frost Is Coming!

The abomination that is olicity is the cause for all this.

Avenging Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 03:40 AM   #783
jediwatchman
Newbie First Class

Check out my predictions for the upcoming seasons of the Arrowverse

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgpbsEEDJcg

jediwatchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 07:24 PM   #784
Stringendo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi Arrow View Post
Honestly, I'm beyond Olicity at this point. If they do it without the excessive drama of S4, I'm okay with it, because let's face it–Lauriver is never going to happen, and Oliver/Dinah have barely interacted. And really, I felt that Oliver/Felicity had some real chemistry in S5 and if they keep that up, I'm fine with an Olicity wedding. Anyone hoping it won't is fooling themselves because whether it's S6 or S10, it's going to eventually. If they do it well, that's what matters.
Not being a comic book reader, I'm just going by the show so far, but why does Oliver HAVE to be paired up with ANYONE? For sure he was kind of a man ho the 1st couple seasons, but not getting serious with anyone just reinforced the character IMO. I personally am fine with Oliver staying single.

Stringendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 07:31 PM   #785
Avenging Angel
Killer Frost Is Coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syncos View Post
Yeah, as someone else mentioned, that's neither green, nor scales.

The green hue is from the lighting in the scene, you can tell, because the bunker around her in the setting is the same hue.

The diamond pattern is clearly supposed to be a nod to the fishnets, though I'm not sure I like how they've done it. Would have been fine to just do it on the legs or something. Seems like a weird touch.

I'm kinda torn about this Canary. So far I actually like her. But what they did with Laurel angered me soo much that I kinda hate that I like her. Had Laurel not been in the show, and they introduced this character exactly the same way, I would have been into it, and 100% on board, I think.
The suit is just not working, aside from the weird patterns and the strange green tint. I know they did this to Diggle and Felicity but it looks odd. She is called the black canary, not the green.

They are doing a rank job of replacing what they broke to begin with. I have nothing against the actress but to get a whole knew character, make her a meta and call her DINAH Drake thus making her a 2.0 version is an insult to the real Dinah Laurel Lance.

They honestly should have dropped this character at the end of S5, there isn't anywhere for the writers to go with her. Black Siren is the one most people are going to be watching, is she permanently evil or is Laurel still there? What is the origins of E2 and how does it relate to E1? How much will Oliver be involved? Will Detective Lance ever see the humanity, if it exists, in E2 Laurel? These are the questions that I want answers to. I have nothing invested in DD.

What kind of stories do they have planned for DD? I've learned that anything the olicity fandom likes is straight up trouble, they love this new character because she's not a threat to Oliver's love life. DD is getting a love interest according to the show runners, is it Oliver? I don't know. I feel like she is shoehorned just for the olicity fandom to calm down about their ship.

All I want is to see the characters grow again. I want to see Katie own Siren the way she couldn't as Laurel, I just want good story lines to be explored.

Avenging Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 10:03 PM   #786
Jedi Arrow
Vigilant Knight

She's not tinted green.

"I'm Mary Poppins, y'all!"
Jedi Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 03:15 AM   #787
nightwing06
Side-Kick

nightwing06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 08:57 PM   #788
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
He’s much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. He’s Everyman operating on a sci–fi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Lencho01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 09:22 PM   #789
Pennywise
Side-Kick

Arrow has set its sights on Comic-Con International in San Diego. Stars Stephen Amell, David Ramsey, Emily Bett Rickards, Katie Cassidy, Willa Holland, Echo Kellum, Rick Gonzales, Juliana Harkavy and executive producers Wendy Mericle and Marc Guggenheim were on hand to discuss the show’s deadly Season 5 cliffhanger, as well as what’s in store for Season 6.

“As you can imagine, they were all very excited to hear we’re blowing everybody up,” Mericle laughed. “We really wanted to wrap up Oliver’s story, which was going back to where Oliver started.”

“We’re not rebooting the show. In fact, we’re going to double down on a lot of things that really resonated with people in Season 5,” Guggenheim added. “We’re going to see a different Oliver Queen… we’re looking forward to telling some very different stories.”

“He’s not the best dad,” Amell said of his character Oliver Queen. “My first day on Season 6, and you see a little bit in the footage… it was all with Jack, the kid who plays William… I was really, legitimately nervous… not only was he equal to the task, he exceeded my expectations… to start on episode 116, and to be able to do fun new stuff as Oliver has been a real joy so far this season. But yeah, he’s a **** dad.”

“Obviously, so excited to be back. It feels like I never left,” Cassidy shared. “It’s been home, and we’re family. It’s definitely been pretty easy just getting back int he swing of things. I will say it’s interesting, the dynamic between Black Siren and other characters… the different points of view…. it’s good.”

When you put on that costume, you can’t help but feel like a hero,” Harkavy said. “It’s a really powerful and a really emotional moment to put on the costume.” She added that it changed the way she walked and held herself as soon as she put it on.

“We took the momentum of Season 5 and carried it into the first few episodes of Season 6,” Amell said. “My jaw has not dropped when I read a script… it’s happened a couple times… the first three scripts that I read are really tight, they’re action-packed, they move the story forward, but I feel like we’re taking our time… I feel like we’ve earned that.”

“Season 5 was really about building up this team,” Guggenheim explained. “We started thinking in terms of a group of villains… we’re going to have a few familiar faces, like David Nykl is coming back… He’s coming back with a literal vengeance… One of the other members of this villainous cabal is going to be played by Michael Emerson, and we could not be more excited. We are really, really thrilled. You can also expect a really cool announcement about a character whose name is Richard Dragon from the comics, who will also be among our villains we’ll be seeing this year… These are characters we’ll be seeing throughout the season.”

“Arrow is not doing a musical episode,” he said, when asked.

Asked about Vigilante’s secret identity, Guggenheim said, “You can probably expect that whoever is behind that mask is someone familiar to you.”

“The relationship with Quentin has been an important thing to her,” Cassidy shared. “What path it leads her down, I think we’ll see more of. I definitely think that’s something in her world, Earth-2, that will be explored.”

Arrow Season 6 will feature a flashback story for Manu Bennet’s Slade Wilson, aka Deathstroke. “He’s also coming back for a special two-part episode in the first half of the season, where we’re really going to be focusing hard on his character post everything he experience,” Guggenheim announced.

A young cancer patient approached the microphone to ask about Amell’s “**** Cancer” campaign. In response, Amell gave her his necklace, which was made for him by a friend. He told her that he hopes to see her next year at the panel, where he said he will give her something in exchange for getting the necklace back.

http://www.cbr.com/arrow-season-6-sdcc-2017/

Pennywise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 09:23 PM   #790
Pennywise
Side-Kick

Can't wait to more Slade this season as well as Black Siren!!

Old 07-22-2017, 09:31 PM   #791
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

They got Michael Emerson! I like the sound of the Deathstroke flashback ep and the two parter he's going to be in, in present day, and the villain cabal is a great idea, might be a version of the Longbow Hunters given the mention of Richard Dragon.

Really nice gesture from Amell at the end there, I hope the young girl is there next year.

Old 07-22-2017, 09:53 PM   #792
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Old 07-22-2017, 11:38 PM   #793
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

As lost fan can i say what a coup to get michael emerson.

and they don't want to spoil who survives.though cast members there likely spoils it.

so maybe quenten and all recuring characters apart from slade.

Old 07-22-2017, 11:46 PM   #794
Sithborg
The new ewoks

So, Canary and Slade are the only two confirmed survivors? Cool.

Sithborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 11:56 PM   #795
Primal Slayer
The world is ready 4 you

It's kind of funny that they want to keep the rest of the characters under wrap when we already know that they'll make it out with some bruises.

Old 07-23-2017, 05:02 AM   #796
chamber-music
Infinity Ammo

How many times has that Police HQ been wrecked now?

Old 07-23-2017, 09:36 AM   #797
Osiris-Rex
Head-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
How many times has that Police HQ been wrecked now?
I'd wager a lot less times than the Gotham PD's headquarters.

Osiris-Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 03:22 PM   #798
Pennywise
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
I'd wager a lot less times than the Gotham PD's headquarters.
Yeah, not as much!

Old 07-23-2017, 05:25 PM   #799
Confusion
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
It's kind of funny that they want to keep the rest of the characters under wrap when we already know that they'll make it out with some bruises.

Except for Williams Mom I'm sure. Ugh. Felicity will be made to be his Step-mom I'm sure. They were setting that up.

Confusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 05:44 PM   #800
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator