The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Supergirl

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2016, 10:06 AM   #76
Kelly
#RESIST
SHH! Administrator

Default Re: All About The Ratings!!!!!!

This year it is on TBS, TNT and Trutv, HOWEVER, I do not see the main outlets doing much on that night, just as none of them put up any of their series against the NCAA Football Championship in January.

As far as what is happening this coming Monday? I have no clue.

EDIT: This coming Monday there are 2 episodes of The Big Bang Theory in place of "Supergirl". My thinking at this point is that the next few episodes are very heavy CGI and more time was needed to get them edited and ready. I think probably next year, the mid-season break will be longer for "Supergirl" than it was this year...

The one thing I noticed in these last 2 episodes was that some key things were cut in editing that really should have been shown.

week before last: The scene where the Master Jailer captures Kara, we didn't see that, it just cut to the jail.
last week: I believe there was a cut in the fight scene between Indigo and Kara where Kara gets out of Indigo's grip, when it cut back to that scene from commercial she was already out of her grip and moving.

I think the quickness of coming back from the mid-season break pushed the crew to its limits.

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase.
~Martin Luther King Jr.~

Last edited by Kelly; 03-02-2016 at 10:13 AM.
Old 03-02-2016, 03:59 PM   #77
5red
Non-lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly View Post
My thinking at this point is that the next few episodes are very heavy CGI and more time was needed to get them edited and ready.
Except for exceptional circumstances, AFAIK tv schedules are still typically decided six weeks in advance, at least. (Someone correct me if this is wrong!) Traditionally this was to accommodate weekly tv listings magazines, which typically are put together six weeks before their due date (as are most weekly publications I believe -- don't ask me why!) The special effects shots are planned to within a quota: some episodes use a little less, so others can use a little more, but the amount of work required is carefully assessed at scripting stage and rewrites applied when necessary to keep within limits.

When you look at how close the final season episodes are produced to their broadcast date, and you assume tv schedules are still set six weeks ahead of broadcast, I'm not sure CBS would have had the time to change the broadcast dates so easily. Factor in the amount of effort that is taken to budget time for CGI work, and I serious wonder if anything short of a major incident (like malware wiping out several day's work) would overrun the CGI to such a drastic extent that the tv schedule has to be rearranged.

The show's production team would have to be incredibly incompetent to have an overrun that stretched to such a degree, that they didn't couldn't see coming from a distance. I believe in the past, when shows have overrun (and had to resort to a clips episode to fill in) it was a consequence of lots of little overruns from previous episodes, rather than a huge overrun from a single episode. As such, the production team usually gets reasonable notice.

R5

Old 03-02-2016, 04:17 PM   #78
Kelly
#RESIST
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5red View Post
Except for exceptional circumstances, AFAIK tv schedules are still typically decided six weeks in advance, at least. (Someone correct me if this is wrong!) Traditionally this was to accommodate weekly tv listings magazines, which typically are put together six weeks before their due date (as are most weekly publications I believe -- don't ask me why!) The special effects shots are planned to within a quota: some episodes use a little less, so others can use a little more, but the amount of work required is carefully assessed at scripting stage and rewrites applied when necessary to keep within limits.

When you look at how close the final season episodes are produced to their broadcast date, and you assume tv schedules are still set six weeks ahead of broadcast, I'm not sure CBS would have had the time to change the broadcast dates so easily. Factor in the amount of effort that is taken to budget time for CGI work, and I serious wonder if anything short of a major incident (like malware wiping out several day's work) would overrun the CGI to such a drastic extent that the tv schedule has to be rearranged.

The show's production team would have to be incredibly incompetent to have an overrun that stretched to such a degree, that they didn't couldn't see coming from a distance. I believe in the past, when shows have overrun (and had to resort to a clips episode to fill in) it was a consequence of lots of little overruns from previous episodes, rather than a huge overrun from a single episode. As such, the production team usually gets reasonable notice.

R5
Well, then we can simply say it was to get the series into the May sweeps....

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
~Martin Luther King Jr.~
Old 03-03-2016, 11:48 AM   #79
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

there is likely a couple different factors in why the show did a short break and having a few odd off weeks to we get the remaining episodes. Hopefully things will be smoother next season more so if we get 22 or 23 episodes vs 20.

Old 03-03-2016, 03:38 PM   #80
Kathemy
It could happen to you

The unrounded ratings were 1.39 compared to last week's 1.54.

Old 03-03-2016, 07:33 PM   #81
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webhead2006 View Post
there is likely a couple different factors in why the show did a short break and having a few odd off weeks to we get the remaining episodes. Hopefully things will be smoother next season more so if we get 22 or 23 episodes vs 20.
Personally, I like shorter seasons.

Old 03-03-2016, 07:38 PM   #82
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

Let me clarify, it doesn't have to be 13 episodes, but 20 is okay with me.

Old 03-04-2016, 07:15 PM   #83
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

20 is fine but I do like having 33 or so to have more room to do more in s3ason. But if they are shorter hopefully they have less filler and have a good condensed story and what not.

Old 03-04-2016, 09:58 PM   #84
Avenging Angel
I'm Fire! Life incarnate!

With the pacing they're moving at now 20 seems just right. Less filler = better stories.

Old 03-05-2016, 09:30 AM   #85
metaphysician
Not a Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webhead2006 View Post
20 is fine but I do like having 33 or so to have more room to do more in s3ason. But if they are shorter hopefully they have less filler and have a good condensed story and what not.
When has any show done 33 eps per season?

Old 03-05-2016, 10:14 AM   #86
Kelly
#RESIST
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
When has any show done 33 eps per season?
He meant 23....

~Martin Luther King Jr.~
Old 03-05-2016, 11:09 AM   #87
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

yea sorry about that didnt see that my phone changed the number.

Old 03-08-2016, 03:30 PM   #88
04nbod
I need to debrief you

Supergirl looks to be renewed according to Deadline:
http://deadline.com/2016/03/les-moon...es-1201716171/

But there is a bit of uncertainty because he got his numbers wrong, he said CBS doesn't own 1 of the 5 new series they plan to renew. When it would seem they only own 3. Deadline infer that means Limitless, Code Black and the forthcoming Criminal Minds spin off will be renewed as will Supergirl and Life in Pieces, Warner shows.

Old 03-08-2016, 03:35 PM   #89
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

I got caught by that .
It is not an official announcement.
Although, CBR and Newsarama are treating it as if Supergirl was renewed, it was NOT!
It still could be, we just have to wait and see.

Old 03-08-2016, 03:37 PM   #90
famicommander
Side-Kick

It's not official yet, but it's a certainty. There's absolutely nothing to worry about.

Old 03-08-2016, 11:21 PM   #91
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

As many said things are fine. So good for all.

Old 03-14-2016, 12:16 PM   #92
Super0000
Banned User

you believe that tonight's episode will go up or down with the ratings? the fact that last week has not aired the show can damage it? 1.3 would still be a good ratings?

Old 03-14-2016, 12:42 PM   #93
Kelly
#RESIST
SHH! Administrator

It may stay around the same....mainly because tonight is The Bachelor's season finale, that is going to pull a massive load of viewers. I would be more than happy with a 1.5 to 1.7....but would not be surprised it it stuck around the same as the last episode.

~Martin Luther King Jr.~
Old 03-14-2016, 09:19 PM   #94
vantheman77
Superman Fan 4 Life

I can see the rating for Falling to be between 1.4-1.5 at the most.

Old 03-15-2016, 09:32 AM   #95
Robert_Anthony
Side-Kick

Early numbers...1.2! WHAT?!

Last edited by Robert_Anthony; 03-15-2016 at 09:39 AM.
Old 03-15-2016, 10:04 AM   #96
Kelly
#RESIST
SHH! Administrator

Looks like everyone got slammed by The Bachelor and The Voice last night.

Although, I think The Voice has put some pretty good talent out there, it has kinda worn out its welcome with me, I DVR it, but usually end up deleting it before I watch it. As far as The Bachelor, I have never understood the pull of that show except of course the human flaw of "loving to watch a train wreck".

But, hopefully that goes up....yikes.

~Martin Luther King Jr.~
Old 03-15-2016, 10:25 AM   #97
DigificWriter
Banned User

Can people please stop freaking out over numbers that don't matter? The demo rating is what counts, and the best place to get said number is TV By the Numbers, not SpoilerTV.

Old 03-15-2016, 10:34 AM   #98
Kelly
#RESIST
SHH! Administrator

Who's freaking out?

~Martin Luther King Jr.~
Old 03-15-2016, 10:53 AM   #99
DigificWriter
Banned User

Maybe "freak out" wasn't the best choice of words on my part.

What I was meaning to say is "don't pay attention/react to anything but the 18-49 demo numbers".

Old 03-15-2016, 11:08 AM   #100
Kelly
#RESIST
SHH! Administrator

Well, I think it was more of a "shock" than a "freak out"....I figured the numbers would be about the same, and possibly go up a little....not go down the amount I thought they would go up...lol

I expect the numbers to go up a little next week, and go up quite a bit the week after...so not worried at all, just a little

~Martin Luther King Jr.~
Closed Thread