Jokes For Short.

Default Re: Tyler Hoechlin IS Superman - Part 2

Reason 1: He's Superman

jokesonm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 07:07 PM   #5
Binker
Side-Kick

I would like to see a Superman CW show. Only thing is, I don't want the show to be the reason why we wouldn't get a Superman movie from the DCEU. We should have a Superman show airing on...I don't know, Tuesdays (throwing a day here), while awaiting the next Superman film that could even come out the Friday that same week.

Speaking of which, it also adds to an interesting factor of having two Supermans at the same time from two different universes. Movies related to the big budget Superman where he lives in the DCU with all of its characters, such as Batman, Wonder Woman, and even Green Lantern (in the future), and his role being both the inspiration figure he represents, as well as the leader of the team. At the same time, a TV series related to the small budget Superman who lives in a world where the heroes he interacts with are either a) associated with him, both human (Guardian) and Kryptonian (Supergirl), as well as b) aliens like his heritage (Martian Manhunter). And the show could be about the balance of who he is (Clark) and what he is (Kal) when it deals with conflicts, especially from Supergirl herself, who has also faced similar dilemmas.

Which in turn, from these two versions, could lead into two different versions of the Justice League. Anyone remember the JLofA...? event, where Superman led the Justice League of Aliens? Not that title, but that JLA concept of the team, could that work on the CW Supergirlverse?

P.S. We have Arrowverse: do we have a name for the Supergirl universe?

Defender of MAN OF STEEL. The most divisive and unfairly criticized film that happens to be Superman's best since SUPERMAN (1978).
As a Batman fan, I must say: I'm getting sick of seeing him all over the place thanks to WB.
Binker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 07:17 AM   #6
RetrogradeOrbit
My own Dark Passenger

Superverse...?

I got thrown out of a window! What's the f***ing charge for getting pushed out of a moving car, huh? Jaywalking?

My father gave me one piece of advice. He said "Always. .." No, he said "Never..." well actually he gave me two pieces of advice, I've forgotten the other one. But the important one is, "Never chase a man over a cliff".
RetrogradeOrbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 10:31 PM   #7
Thome216
Look at my tiny Avatar!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetrogradeOrbit View Post
Superverse...?
I've used Superverse before. I like it!

Thome216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 02:55 PM   #8
metaphysician
Not a Side-Kick

I tend to call it Earth-S, since its not distinct from the other alternate Earths, it just lacks a numerical designation.

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 05:12 PM   #9
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

I think based on the overall rapid and overwhelmingly positive response over Tyler's portrayal as Clark Kent / Superman. Warner Bros. are going to give in and somehow bring Superman back to tv. I menthe fandom outcry is bound to get their attention. In all honesty I think it's perfectly legitimate to have a film cinematic Superman and a Tv Superman together.

The Caped Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 04:33 AM   #10
vantheman77
Superman Fan 4 Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Caped Knight View Post
I think based on the overall rapid and overwhelmingly positive response over Tyler's portrayal as Clark Kent / Superman. Warner Bros. are going to give in and somehow bring Superman back to tv. I menthe fandom outcry is bound to get their attention. In all honesty I think it's perfectly legitimate to have a film cinematic Superman and a Tv Superman together.
I've said it before that I can see Superman returning for four more episodes - two for midseason and two for season finale.

vantheman77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 03:52 PM   #11
Superchan
Side-Kick

You know I wonder why CW haven't thought about doing an animated web series ala vixen, with Tyler doing the voice. This way we get to see more of this experienced superman's adventures without violating WB's 'dilution of the brand' policy. I'd certainly be keen since we haven't had a superman solo animated show in a long while.

Superchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 07:23 PM   #12
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

I wonder if we'll get a young Superboy from Cadmus (ala Conner Kent?) Smallville did a great job introducing that character.

Old 10-30-2016, 12:53 AM   #13
Osiris-Rex
Head-Kick

Quote:
I wonder if we'll get a young Superboy from Cadmus (ala Conner Kent?) Smallville did a great job introducing that character.
I think with Mon-El as a regular they have filled their quota of young male characters with superpowers. If Superboy shows up at all it will likely be for just one or two episodes and then he gets killed off.

Osiris-Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 12:54 AM   #14
flickchick85
Loose Seal
SHH! Global Moderator

Yeah I'm in no rush to see Conner, especially with Mon-El around.

"They say: sufferings are misfortunes...Once we're thrown off our habitual paths, we think all is lost; but it's only here that the new and good begins.

As long as there's life, there's happiness. There's much, much still to come."

flickchick85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 02:57 PM   #15
AVEITWITHJAMON
We are Legion

Finally watched the first episode of season 2, Hoechlin was great as Superman and Clark.

1)War For The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(2)Logan-9.5(3)Baby Driver-9.5(4)Dunkirk-9(5)Thor: Ragnorak-9(6)Wonder Woman-9(7)Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol.2-9(8)Blade Runner 2049-8.5(9)It-8(10)Spider-Man: Homecoming-8(11)John Wick 2-8(12)Split-8(13)Kingsman: The Golden Circle-8(14)Kong: Skull Island-7.5(15)Alien Covenant-7(16)Ghost In The Shell-7(17)POTC: Salazar's Revenge-7(18)The Dark Tower-4(19)Transformers: The Last Knight-4
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 03:52 PM   #16
Matt
IKYN Guy Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binker View Post
I would like to see a Superman CW show. Only thing is, I don't want the show to be the reason why we wouldn't get a Superman movie from the DCEU. We should have a Superman show airing on...I don't know, Tuesdays (throwing a day here), while awaiting the next Superman film that could even come out the Friday that same week.
Having just binged season 1 and not yet started season 2 or seen Hoechlin's portrayal, I will say that the DCEU is no reason to stall a Superman show. Hell, whatever it is we have in the DCEU sure as hell isn't Superman. The creative team of Supergirl, through instant messages from Clark, have captured the character better than Snyder has ever dreamed of. The whole tone of this show is precisely what Superman should have been on screen. Instead we are met with a dark, melancholy, joyless doppleganger on the big screen. If CW can give the audiences the Superman they deserve, I am all for it.

Side note --- It surprised me that Hoechlin was cast as Clark. Season one seems to suggest that Superman has been active for some time (at least in the 12 years Kara has been on Earth). Hoechlin isn't even 30.

Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 03:58 PM   #17
Matt
IKYN Guy Groupie

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superchan View Post
You know I wonder why CW haven't thought about doing an animated web series ala vixen, with Tyler doing the voice. This way we get to see more of this experienced superman's adventures without violating WB's 'dilution of the brand' policy. I'd certainly be keen since we haven't had a superman solo animated show in a long while.
You gotta think that WB even letting the writers use the character on the show (or for that matter make a Supergirl series that incorporates the character so much, even off-screen) that WB is starting to back away from that position. It wouldn't surprise me if we see a Superman show in the near future. Especially since Snyder has failed to launch the character cinematically. I'm almost inclined to think that the bigger hurdle will be CW. CW broadcasts original programming five nights a week and four of those nights have a DC superhero show as part of the lineup. I think CW may be concerned about over-saturation more than anyone.

Old 10-30-2016, 08:42 PM   #18
Binker
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Having just binged season 1 and not yet started season 2 or seen Hoechlin's portrayal, I will say that the DCEU is no reason to stall a Superman show. Hell, whatever it is we have in the DCEU sure as hell isn't Superman. The creative team of Supergirl, through instant messages from Clark, have captured the character better than Snyder has ever dreamed of. The whole tone of this show is precisely what Superman should have been on screen. Instead we are met with a dark, melancholy, joyless doppleganger on the big screen. If CW can give the audiences the Superman they deserve, I am all for it.
I like both versions. And Hoechlin's version is different from Cavill's for one good reason: Cavill's Superman has been active for 2-3 years, while Hoechlin's has been active for 15+ years. There was going to be a world of difference, not just because the CW version didn't want to copy the what had been in the DCEU.

I'm getting really sick of people bashing on Cavill's Superman; he IS Superman, and funny enough, Hoechlin's isn't perfect. Like I said in my review of S2E2, his stance on kryptonite makes him an idiot, that would make it impossible to see him team up with, or even trust, Batman if he ever appeared. The only way to fix it would be to show Superman in his next appearance why having it would be a good thing, but that feels so cliche that I don't want that. Also, if he decided to give Batman kryprtonite, and not back to Jonn, or both, it would make him a hypocrite.

But that, along with Snapper in S2E3, adds to a problem with the show that I'm seeing since this season started: if a character is arguing against Supergirl or Superman, they are just wrong even if they're right, all because those two are big stars as well as household names.

What was I talking about? lol
Anyway, Hoechlin and Cavill's Supermans are good. Stop bashing Cavill's.

Defender of MAN OF STEEL. The most divisive and unfairly criticized film that happens to be Superman's best since SUPERMAN (1978).
As a Batman fan, I must say: I'm getting sick of seeing him all over the place thanks to WB.
Old 10-30-2016, 08:53 PM   #19
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

Quote:
Maybe Supergirl will say she's found "what I've been looking for".

Old 10-30-2016, 11:15 PM   #20
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

Originally posted by Indy1Jones

MEN OF STEEL!

Last edited by The Caped Knight; 10-30-2016 at 11:24 PM.
Old 10-30-2016, 11:40 PM   #21
Binker
Side-Kick

Quote:

MEN OF STEEL!
"looks at Welling"

If only he actually wore the jacket like that, or a full suit that the jacket came from with a cape. Or maybe...THE SUIT! omg welling

Old 10-30-2016, 11:49 PM   #22
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

Quote:
"looks at Welling"

If only he actually wore the jacket like that, or a full suit that the jacket came from with a cape. Or maybe...THE SUIT! omg welling
I liked his Blur look from Season 9 a lot better because the trench coat appearance gave more of a cape kinda feel

Of course I'm glad to see his likeness in Season 11 comics by Cat Staggs

Last edited by The Caped Knight; 10-30-2016 at 11:56 PM.
Old 10-31-2016, 12:02 AM   #23
Alex Murphy
Banned User

Quote:

MEN OF STEEL!
Nice work by Indy. Alyn's missing though.

Alex Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 12:09 AM   #24
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

Why has this thread turned into one about Tom Welling as Superman? Not enough views in the Smallville forum?

Dark Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 07:49 AM   #25
Matt
IKYN Guy Groupie

Quote:
I like both versions. And Hoechlin's version is different from Cavill's for one good reason: Cavill's Superman has been active for 2-3 years, while Hoechlin's has been active for 15+ years. There was going to be a world of difference, not just because the CW version didn't want to copy the what had been in the DCEU.

I'm getting really sick of people bashing on Cavill's Superman; he IS Superman, and funny enough, Hoechlin's isn't perfect. Like I said in my review of S2E2, his stance on kryptonite makes him an idiot, that would make it impossible to see him team up with, or even trust, Batman if he ever appeared. The only way to fix it would be to show Superman in his next appearance why having it would be a good thing, but that feels so cliche that I don't want that. Also, if he decided to give Batman kryprtonite, and not back to Jonn, or both, it would make him a hypocrite.

But that, along with Snapper in S2E3, adds to a problem with the show that I'm seeing since this season started: if a character is arguing against Supergirl or Superman, they are just wrong even if they're right, all because those two are big stars as well as household names.

What was I talking about? lol
Anyway, Hoechlin and Cavill's Supermans are good. Stop bashing Cavill's.
I think you misunderstand me. I am not saying Cavill is a bad actor. He does fine with the material he is given. I am saying that the writing/material he is given is bad and a poor representation of the character. As such, I would not be upset if the Snyder Superman went the way of the dinosaur.