Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: Supergirl General Discussion Thread - Part 8

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 02-20-2017, 11:51 AM   #3
Robert_Anthony
Side-Kick

Default Re: Supergirl General Discussion Thread - Part 9

I know I am at least. But what I am not chilled on is BTS pics. Like this one from the "Official Kevin Sorbo Facebook Page."

It's TWO Kevins for the price of one...

George Orwell (1903-1950), author of 1984
Old 02-20-2017, 01:26 PM   #4
Dr Lee
Feet first into hell

Default Re: Supergirl General Discussion Thread - Part 10

I think that kinda ends the argument on
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
who the husband & wife pairing Hatcher & Sorbo are playing.... I'm going to be shocked if they're not Mon El's parents

Old 02-20-2017, 01:35 PM   #5
Robert_Anthony
Side-Kick

Meanwhile, it's GAME NIGHT on the Supergirl set. From Kevin Smith again. And again, for the billionth time it seems, showing how chilly and silly the set can be...

Quote:
Game Night in #nationalcity! This is the @supergirlcw cast's pitch for a new @settlersofcatan box cover: insane enthusiasm from @melissabenoist, @christophrwood & @jeremymjordan and electric indifference from @mehcadbrooks! I'm having a blast "directing" #supergirl. These kids and the amazing crew make the long days fly by... Or at least able to leap tall days in a single bound! #KevinSmith #supergirlseason2 #settlersofcatan
Frankly I prefer Monopoly!

Old 02-20-2017, 01:59 PM   #6
X Knight
Magical Mystery Knight

just a heads up.

this week, issue #2 of the fantastic Supergirl: Being Super miniseries drops.

The 1st issue was great and I'm really looking forward to #2.

Old 02-20-2017, 02:30 PM   #7
Kelly
#RESIST
SHH! Administrator

Oh good lord no.....slow and boring. lol

"bull****" is the best game ever and all you need is a deck of cards.

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase.
~Martin Luther King Jr.~
Old 02-21-2017, 12:15 AM   #8
zenith16
Side-Kick

Well Mister Mxyzptlk showed up to night's in to days episode of super girl and it seem the video game side of dc is celebating both him and st patty day at the same time on dcuo . Just thought I'd let those interested (and only if your interested) know.

Quote:
DC Universe Online tests survival mode and St. Patty's Day

February 20, 2017 2 comments

Do you lack a Fortress of Solitude? Well, Superman does now too because Braniac has moved in and is causing no end of trouble.

Right now on the DC Universe Online test server, players can engage in a new survival mode that takes place in Supes' arctic retreat. If players are tough enough, they can queue up to fight 20 waves of increasingly powerful foes in the hopes of gaining pants. Seriously, you can get Kryptonian pants from this, and if you've ever seen superhero attire, you'd know that pants are at a premium in this community.

Also on the test server is this year's St. Patty's Day event starring the always-fun-to-spell Mister Mxyzptlk. "For 2017, Mister Mxyzptlk has new base and style items, as well as a speaker that plays tunes that will make you want to dance. This year he's also brought a House Leprechaun that grants 'The Runaround' task, where if you collect all the coins you are awarded a special Green Prize Satchel!" Daybreak previewed.
Don't forget that the FLASH freebies end today!Read more

Via: Massivelyop.com/
source: Patch notes

Old 02-21-2017, 07:03 PM   #9
coluanprime
Side-Kick

I hope the writers take notice that the last two episodes have been good primarily because of their strong focus on Kara and using James, Lena, Winn, etc. as strong supporting characters to Kara's story and arc. Additionally they have also been aided in ep 13 by showing Kara dealing with problems on her own and making her romance issues a part rather than the whole of her character. This isn't to say that stories focusing on other characters are bad, but the show is called Supergirl for a reason, and it could use some more focus on Kara, and not her love life.

Questions about the Marvel Cinematic Universe? Want to settle a debate? Looking for images? Visit the Marvel Cinematic Universe Wiki! The most accurate and comprehensive Marvel Movie and TV show wiki!
Old 02-23-2017, 08:06 PM   #10
Robert_Anthony
Side-Kick

Kevin Smith is at it again behind the scenes. And it looks like he's caused Melissa and Chris to bust a gut. Now I don't if it's legitimate or staged. But see for yourself...

Quote:
I asked them to take me someplace cool to hang out - so they took me to her cousin's house. Despite my expression in this pic, I'm having an out-of-this-world experience on the second @supergirlcw I've gotten to direct. @melissabenoist is pure joy, @christophrwood is pure charm, and being back at #supergirl is pure bliss. #KevinSmith #melissabenoist #chriswood #supergirlseason2 #fortressofsolitude #karamel

Old 02-24-2017, 05:11 AM   #11
emarasmoak
Side-Kick

I am going to mention a few spoilers that I am not sure have been shared/ discussed.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Kevin Smith has uploaded a photo in instagram with himself and 2 writers in what he initially stated it was the Throne Room for Teri Hatcher and Kevin Sorbo who are the King and Queen of Daxam and that they were Mon-El's parents (he also made a joke about him suggesting that the episode should be called "Mom-El"). These spoilers about queen/ king/ prince/ throne room are now deleted but I saw them in his post yesterday. Screencaps from the previous version can be found in Twitter and Tumblr. Shocker!! Nobody guessed it!!

And Sorbo previously mentioned that their characters were from a planet that was “…an arch-rival planet of Krypton, which is now of course destroyed” and that Teri Hatcher was playing his wife. Also when Teri's cast was announced they mentioned that she would be a big bad for the season with an arc of at least 3 episodes.

There also is a behind the scenes picture from Teri Hatcher (her Twitter maybe?) with the costume department and what appears to be a piece of armor. I am in for a Daxam - Prince - Invasion - War story.

There is also a behind the scenes leaked picture of shirtless Mon-El in a bed that appears to be at Kara's room (I have seen the picture in Twitter and Tumblr). Nobody knows when this is supposed to happen, but people thinks that right now they are shooting Kevin Smith's episode, which I think it is to be 2x17. There are some male members of the crew that are also shirtless while shooting (this happens often to make actors feel more comfortable in these situations)

Last edited by emarasmoak; 03-03-2017 at 04:06 AM.
Old 02-24-2017, 07:16 AM   #12
Kelly
#RESIST
SHH! Administrator

All of those pictures are on this forum somewhere already, except for the last one you describe.

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
~Martin Luther King Jr.~
Old 02-24-2017, 08:45 AM   #13
emarasmoak
Side-Kick

Th Smile Re: Supergirl General Discussion Thread - Part 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly View Post
All of those pictures are on this forum somewhere already, except for the last one you describe.
Ok, sorry for that. I don't remember having seen them

Old 02-24-2017, 09:01 PM   #14
Sithborg
The new ewoks

Sounds like they are planning for the crossover better next year. I just wish they would do smaller, two part crossovers.

Old 02-24-2017, 09:05 PM   #15
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sithborg View Post
Sounds like they are planning for the crossover better next year. I just wish they would do smaller, two part crossovers.
Four part crossovers allows them to use all of the shows.

Old 02-24-2017, 09:16 PM   #16
vantheman77
Superman Fan 4 Life

With the early renewals, I'm glad they're planning a proper mega-crossover. The last one was ambitious, but was not well-executed.

Old 02-24-2017, 09:55 PM   #17
Spider-Fan83
with great power...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_Anthony View Post
Kevin Smith is at it again behind the scenes. And it looks like he's caused Melissa and Chris to bust a gut. Now I don't if it's legitimate or staged. But see for yourself...

at first glace it looked like Smith peed his pants and the other two are laughing at him for it

I was going to say that's kinda mean

Old 02-24-2017, 09:57 PM   #18
coluanprime
Side-Kick

Quote:
Oh good lord no.....slow and boring. lol

"bull****" is the best game ever and all you need is a deck of cards.
*Side-eyes anyone who dislikes Settlers of Catan....*
But BS is fine too...
Maybe having game night on set means they will remember to show it on the show instead of mentioning it once a season and trying to pretend it's a big deal...

Questions about the Marvel Cinematic Universe? Want to settle a debate? Looking for images? Visit the Marvel Cinematic Universe Wiki! The most accurate and comprehensive Marvel Movie and TV show wiki!
Old 02-24-2017, 10:17 PM   #19
Kelly
#RESIST
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by coluanprime View Post
*Side-eyes anyone who dislikes Settlers of Catan....*
But BS is fine too...
Maybe having game night on set means they will remember to show it on the show instead of mentioning it once a season and trying to pretend it's a big deal...
Uh? I was talking about monopoly.

~Martin Luther King Jr.~
Old 02-24-2017, 11:57 PM   #20
coluanprime
Side-Kick

Quote:
Uh? I was talking about monopoly.
Sorry, misinterpreted what you were replying to.... Monopoly can be a tad boring!

Old 02-25-2017, 08:43 AM   #21
Primal Slayer
The world is ready 4 you

They are planning on having a true 4way crossover next year. Plus it looks like Winns new alien girlfriend is sticking around and getting to jump into the action.

The Supergirl/Flash crossover also wont really be that much of a 2 way crossover as Supergirl and her bae will be on The Flash.

Quote:
However, the producers are already hard at work figuring out the logistics of rectifying that for next season. “Next year, we’re hoping to do a true four-way crossover,” executive producer Andrew Kreisberg says. “The great thing about our dear friends at the CW and Mark Pedowitz picking the shows up as early as they did has allowed us to start building the schedules for next season.”

Explaining that the shows continue filming other episodes while shooting the crossovers, Kreisberg says, “One of the big things we learned from two years ago, which made the crossovers this year slightly easier, was building in shut-down days, where shows just went dark. The single hardest factor in doing the crossovers is actors’ availability because the shows keep going on. You’re basically juggling four shows worth of schedules.”

“The thing that we didn’t really plan on — because we weren’t aware that we were going to switch Supergirl from CBS to CW and it was really going to be part of it — that was the one show that didn’t have built-in shut-down days, so all the other ones did,” Kreisberg continues. “Melissa [Benoist] ended up being heavily in Flash and then in Arrow, so Supergirl was the one we needed to shut down the most and it was the one that we didn’t have any opportunity to. Now that we’ve gotten the early pickup and we’ve started designing the seasons, we’re building in those dark days, and actually more dark days on Supergirl than the other shows, to make it a little easier.”
Quote:
As for the upcoming Flash-Supergirl musical crossover, that will mainly take place on The Flash, with Kara, Winn (Jeremy Jordan), J’onn (David Harewood), and Mon-El (Chris Wood) appearing. “We would’ve had everybody, because I know this one can sing,” Kreisberg says, referencing Chyler Leigh, “but somebody actually had to be part of an episode of Supergirl, because we actually keep filming these things.”

Hence, while the others are away, Alex and Maggie (Floriana Lima) “have a bigger storyline in that episode to free other people up,” Kreisberg says, also teasing there will be a big hour for Winn, James (Mehcad Brooks), and Lyra (Tamzin Merchant) in episode 16, as well as episode 18. “Winn, James, and Lyra have a really funny story in 18 too, where the three of them try crime fighting as a trio, which doesn’t necessarily go well. She kind of becomes the Yoko of the team.”
http://ew.com/tv/2017/02/24/arrow-fl...row-crossover/

Old 02-25-2017, 10:04 AM   #22
Kelly
#RESIST
SHH! Administrator

Yeah, as they stated it is excellent that all 4 are already renewed and they can start planning at this point for next year. Good to see that they don't plan on wearing Melissa out this go around....haha

~Martin Luther King Jr.~
Old 02-25-2017, 10:11 AM   #23
Kelly
#RESIST
SHH! Administrator

Thanks to The Daily Mail for the pix.

~Martin Luther King Jr.~
Old 02-25-2017, 10:15 AM   #24
Kelly
#RESIST
SHH! Administrator

~Martin Luther King Jr.~
Old 02-25-2017, 10:45 AM   #25
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

That alien looks horny for Kara!