The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Supergirl

Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2017, 11:01 AM   #26
Dr Lee
Feet first into hell

Default Re: Supergirl General Discussion Thread - Part 10

Colossus has changed a bit I see... (The actor playing the alien is the same dude that was the stand in for Colossus filming Deadpool apparently)

Old 02-25-2017, 01:55 PM   #27
igold531
Newbie First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by emarasmoak View Post
I don't know how to hide spoilers, so fair warning that I am going to mention a few that I am not sure have been shared/ discussed.

(SPOILERS)

(SPOILERS)

(SPOILERS)

Kevin Smith has uploaded a photo in instagram with himself and 2 writers in what he initially stated it was the Throne Room for Teri Hatcher and Kevin Sorbo who are the King and Queen of Daxam and that they were Mon-El's parents (he also made a joke about him suggesting that the episode should be called "Mom-El"). These spoilers about queen/ king/ prince/ throne room are now deleted but I saw them in his post yesterday. Screencaps from the previous version can be found in Twitter and Tumblr. Shocker!! Nobody guessed it!!

And Sorbo previously mentioned that their characters were from a planet that was “…an arch-rival planet of Krypton, which is now of course destroyed” and that Teri Hatcher was playing his wife. Also when Teri's cast was announced they mentioned that she would be a big bad for the season with an arc of at least 3 episodes.

There also is a behind the scenes picture from Teri Hatcher (her Twitter maybe?) with the costume department and what appears to be a piece of armor. I am in for a Daxam - Prince - Invasion - War story.

There is also a behind the scenes leaked picture of shirtless Mon-El in a bed that appears to be at Kara's room (I have seen the picture in Twitter and Tumblr). Nobody knows when this is supposed to happen, but people thinks that right now they are shooting Kevin Smith's episode, which I think it is to be 2x17. There are some male members of the crew that are also shirtless while shooting (this happens often to make actors feel more comfortable in these situations)
Do you have links to any of these?

Old 02-25-2017, 01:58 PM   #28
igold531
Newbie First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly View Post
All of those pictures are on this forum somewhere already, except for the last one you describe.
Where? :-)

Old 02-25-2017, 01:59 PM   #29
Osiris-Rex
Head-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
That alien looks horny for Kara!
I like how in the first pictures she is angrily punching horny dude and in the last one they are all smiles. Kara can make friends with anyone.

Old 02-25-2017, 02:12 PM   #30
Kelly
On A Wing And A Prayer!
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by igold531 View Post
Where? :-)
They are hanging out in one of the threads around here somewhere...

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase.
~Martin Luther King Jr.~
Old 02-25-2017, 02:13 PM   #31
Kelly
On A Wing And A Prayer!
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
That alien looks horny for Kara!
Oh brother....

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
~Martin Luther King Jr.~
Old 02-25-2017, 02:27 PM   #32
Kelly
On A Wing And A Prayer!
SHH! Administrator

More BTS stuff, watch all of it, pretty cool....

~Martin Luther King Jr.~
Old 02-25-2017, 07:20 PM   #33
Thome216
Look at my tiny Avatar!

Quote:

Thanks to The Daily Mail for the pix.
Yeah, blow the smoke off them guns!

Old 02-26-2017, 04:03 PM   #34
Kelly
On A Wing And A Prayer!
SHH! Administrator

Well, it has taken me about a week, but I think I have almost muted my way through the emotional diatribes on my twitter feed every time I type in #Supergirl to see what is going on. There are a few stragglers but most are now quieted, and MAYBE I can go back to my regular between East/West coast showings and tweet in peace with the writers and fans of the WHOLE SERIES.

Oh crap, well no, not this Monday I have a Cheer parent meeting at 7..... aaaaarrrrgggghhh, well I'll talk fast.

~Martin Luther King Jr.~
Old 02-26-2017, 04:11 PM   #35
Robert_Anthony
Side-Kick

Quote:
Well, it has taken me about a week, but I think I have almost muted my way through the emotional diatribes on my twitter feed every time I type in #Supergirl to see what is going on. There are a few stragglers but most are now quieted, and MAYBE I can go back to my regular between East/West coast showings and tweet in peace with the writers and fans of the WHOLE SERIES.

Oh crap, well no, not this Monday I have a Cheer parent meeting at 7..... aaaaarrrrgggghhh, well I'll talk fast.
Somehow I can understand why you are off Twitter, Kel And you have a meeting tomorrow night at the time Supergirl comes on. Be glad for On Demand. Sometimes on Twitter on that hashtag I see things that should not even be there (will not go into details).

P.J. O'Rourke...Libertarian political satirist and journalist.
Old 02-26-2017, 04:15 PM   #36
Robert_Anthony
Side-Kick

Quote:
More BTS stuff, watch all of it, pretty cool....

And at 1:43, Melissa still keeps her crown as the donut queen as Kevin Smith passes out Tim Horton's Timette's which are akin to donut holes or Munchkins for Dunkin Donuts folks like myself (best coffee in the US...their iced coffee rules!). You know those pics of her eating donuts (and looking so cute doing it), well the video clip takes it next level. Yep, Supergirl again has the most chill set. And given it's February in Vancouver...that chill part is literal.

Old 02-27-2017, 05:20 AM   #37
emarasmoak
Newbie First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by igold531 View Post
Do you have links to any of these?
Sorry, I don't have access to twitter/ tumblr/ instagram from this computer, so I can't paste the links.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
The one about the throne room is in Kevin Smith's instagram. As I said, the wording of the screencap has changed (probably someone gave him an earful for disclosing so much information), but the previous version can still be found in Tumblr (just search: prince daxam).

Kevin Sorbo speaking about his character:
"I’m heading up to Vancouver, and I’ll be doing a three-show arc, and Teri Hatcher’s playing my wife.” When asked to share more information about his role, Sorbo teased: “I’m from another planet that is an arch-rival planet of Krypton, which is now of course destroyed.”
http://www.ibtimes.com/supergirl-sea...nts-cw-2488372

Teri Hatcher cast announcement: "Hatcher, who played Lois Lane to Dean Cain’s Clark Kent in ABC’s 1990s Superman series, will appear in multiple episodes of Supergirl; character details are scarce, but she’ll eventually become the season’s big villain."
http://tvline.com/2017/01/31/supergi...-cast-villain/

Behind the scenes picture from Teri Hatcher: her instagram.

Behind the scenes leaked picture of shirtless Mon-El: Tumblr - just search: BTS shirtless Mon-El

Last edited by emarasmoak; 03-03-2017 at 04:14 AM.
Old 02-27-2017, 04:19 PM   #38
Robert_Anthony
Side-Kick

From her royal highness of Daxum AKA Teri Hatcher is something she probably is not used to as she was born in San Francisco...something here in CT we have not seen a lot of this winter...SNOW. Though here in my area one big storm dropped 10 inches.

Quote:
It's like the real fortress of solitude on set today. It's snowing in Vancouver. #supergirl

Old 02-27-2017, 08:25 PM   #39
Primal Slayer
The world is ready 4 you

Quote:
LILLIAN’S PLOT | Still wondering exactly what Lillian is up to? Kreisberg says her new plan is a “shimmy on [her] desire to rid the earth of aliens, and it [leads to] an interesting debate in the next episode between Jeremiah and Alex, if his plan is any more humane. Some of the talking points in the episode, I think, are reflective of the current debate in our world about dealing with immigrants, which we were very conscious of and wanted to speak to.” (Bonus scoop: You haven’t seen the last of Dean Cain. Kreisberg says he’s back in Episode 15, adding that the team is “still figuring out how we’re going to wrap [Jeremiah’s story] up in a nice little bow at the end of the year.”
Quote:
LEX GAMES | Remember the mysterious box we saw Lillian holding during that flashback earlier this month? Kreisberg won’t reveal what’s inside, but he says that it comes into play during Supergirl‘s season finale.
Quote:
MON-EL’S SECRET | Mon-El’s true identity — which, as of now, only Jeremiah knows — “sort of comes to light in Episode 16,” Kreisberg says, confirming that it’s “going to cause problems” between Mon-El and Kara. “He doesn’t quite get that it’s the cover-up, not the crime, which I think is really the issue.”
Quote:
SAVING ‘SANVERS’ | Alex and Maggie may have shared a cute moment at the end of this week’s episode, but don’t be fooled, there’s plenty of drama ahead for the couple. Kreisberg teases a “Kara/Alex/Maggie story, that’s sort of a ticking-clock story. … Alex is in serious trouble, and it’s up to Kara and Maggie to save her. It becomes a story about [how] the sister and the girlfriend both love her, and are debating the best way to save her. It’s a really great story. We’re really excited about it.”
Quote:
WINN’S WOMAN | Kreisberg says that Winn gradually introduces his new lady friend to the group, adding that there’s a “big Winn-Lyra-Jimmy storyline” in Episode 16. But don’t worry, he’s not hinting at a(nother) love triangle. Looking ahead to Episode 18, Kreisberg teases that “the three of them try crimefighting as a trio, which doesn’t necessarily go well. She kind of becomes the Yoko of the team.”
http://tvline.com/2017/02/27/supergi...tity-spoilers/

Old 02-27-2017, 08:45 PM   #40
vantheman77
Side-Kick

I understand that after next week there will be a 1-week hiatus before the musical crossover.

Old 02-27-2017, 08:49 PM   #41
flickchick85
Loose Seal
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by vantheman77 View Post
I understand that after next week there will be a 1-week hiatus before the musical crossover.
That would explain why we didn't get an official description for 2x16 this week.

"They say: sufferings are misfortunes...Once we're thrown off our habitual paths, we think all is lost; but it's only here that the new and good begins.

As long as there's life, there's happiness. There's much, much still to come."

Old 02-27-2017, 09:29 PM   #42
Osiris-Rex
Head-Kick

Quote:
Yes week after next Monday the CW will be running a Howie Mandel comedy special for two hours, so no Jane the Virgin either.

Old 02-27-2017, 10:20 PM   #43
Primal Slayer
The world is ready 4 you

Have we talked about this yet?

Old 02-27-2017, 10:30 PM   #44
Kelly
On A Wing And A Prayer!
SHH! Administrator

I think what Maggie and Kara have to save Alex from is herself....drinking....becomes a problem.

~Martin Luther King Jr.~
Old 02-27-2017, 10:31 PM   #45
Kelly
On A Wing And A Prayer!
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
Have we talked about this yet?
Yeah we saw it last season.....

~Martin Luther King Jr.~
Old 02-27-2017, 10:57 PM   #46
flickchick85
Loose Seal
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
I think what Maggie and Kara have to save Alex from is herself....drinking....becomes a problem.
I think you might be onto something there. It's been played for laughs in the past, but Alex does drink a lot. And lately they've been making a point of showing her doing it when she's feeling sad/broken, so I could definitely see it becoming a serious issue in the near future.

"They say: sufferings are misfortunes...Once we're thrown off our habitual paths, we think all is lost; but it's only here that the new and good begins.

As long as there's life, there's happiness. There's much, much still to come."

Old 02-27-2017, 11:27 PM   #47
vantheman77
Side-Kick

I have the same thought about Kara and Maggie saving Alex from herself and have a disagreement on how to do it. Whatever personal problems Alex may be having will likely stem from this and next week's episode.

I don't think Alex will be in the musical crossover since next week will focus on her.

As for the Legion ring, I wonder if the Legion will appear in the season finale. Because I want Kara to fall in love with Brainiac 5.

Old 02-27-2017, 11:40 PM   #48
zenith16
Side-Kick

if this has been posted my apologies

Supergirl Producer Teases Plans for 4-Way Crossover
14 hours ago |
Read more

Quote:

Supergirl and The Flash fans may still be on the lookout for more details of the upcoming musical crossover featuring the Music Meister. But the team behind the series is already gearing up for the bigger crossover in the DC TV universe.
Speaking to TV Line, Executive Producer Andrew Kreisberg revealed that the networks are already matching up schedules to ensure that the crossover will happen smoothly.
“We’re hoping to do a true four-way crossover. The great thing about our dear friends at The CW and [network president] Mark Pedowitz picking the shows up as early as they did [is that] it has allowed us to start building the schedules for the next season. One of the big things we learned from two years ago, which made the crossovers slightly easier this year, was built-in shutdown days, where shows just went dark because the single hardest factor in doing the crossovers is actors’ availability while the four series simultaneously continue production.”
As for Supergirl’s part, Kreisberg revealed that it’s the series that will be experiencing this shutdown the most, given its recent transfer from CBS to The CW.
So, what should fans hope for with the crossovers of these superhero series? At the very least, not the appearance of doppelgangers in the crossovers. And unless there can be one great overarching story that involves them, Kreisberg says they will be avoiding these storylines so they won’t have to deal with the opening of “the floodgates of insanity.”
For now, fans can look forward to the Supergirl/The Flash crossover, which will be sounded off by the final episode of Supergirl on March 20.

source: http://epicstream.com/

Old 02-28-2017, 02:46 AM   #49
vantheman77
Side-Kick

You can forget about an Earth-1 Kara or an Earth-38 Dinah Laurel Lance.

Supergirl's season finale will be on March 20?

Old 02-28-2017, 02:54 AM   #50
Osiris-Rex
Head-Kick

Quote:
You can forget about an Earth-1 Kara or an Earth-38 Dinah Laurel Lance.

Supergirl's season finale will be on March 20?
Doubt it. Episode #14 just aired last night. And there are eight more episodes to go. Episodes #15 airs next Monday, then a week after that there is a Howie Mandel comedy special.
So unless the CW airs Supergirl every night with two episodes on some nights there isn't enough time between now and March 20th to fit all eight episodes in. More likely the season
finale is sometime in May.

Closed Thread