The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Supergirl

Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2017, 04:01 AM   #51
flickchick85
Loose Seal
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: Supergirl General Discussion Thread - Part 10

I think that article should have said the musical crossover is kicked off by the March 20th episode of Supergirl, because that's when it's supposed to air. The finale will probably be in May.

"They say: sufferings are misfortunes...Once we're thrown off our habitual paths, we think all is lost; but it's only here that the new and good begins.

As long as there's life, there's happiness. There's much, much still to come."

Old 02-28-2017, 04:22 AM   #52
vantheman77
Superman Fan 4 Life

Ah, thanks for clear up.

Old 02-28-2017, 03:15 PM   #53
zenith16
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by vantheman77 View Post
Ah, thanks for clear up.
yeah sorry it seem the article make has his dates crossed I'm not sure why. but I didn't create the article. I brought it here cause of what the show runner of the flash said and he's well known. I wouldn't mess up the date not on purpose my self . unless I was half asleep or something. which I'd admit to cause it has happened to me.

Old 02-28-2017, 03:34 PM   #54
zenith16
Side-Kick

Here's the answer to the problem with john powers they feel he's too powerful which his strange seeing them say this. they just have do what bruce timm did to superman and it's shown up here for kara. she can't breath in space nuke power powers and toxic stuf harm here high power enenger weapon harm her and psionic's and magic being cosmic powered people myx can mess with her. they just need to do the same with J'onn to different degree.

I've also put this up in the Is jonn jonzz getting the shaft here? ( 2 ) thread.

Quote:

Superman may be the poster boy for all things powerful in the DC universe—just look at the extent of his powers in Injustice 2. But surely, he’s not the only being that’s seemingly overpowered.

Diana Prince a.k.a. Wonder Woman aside, there’s still J’onn J’onzz, also known as the Martian Manhunter. J’onzz is the great Green Martian who possesses quite a number of powers and abilities, including regeneration, shape-shifting, superhuman strength, flight, regeneration, telepathy, telekinesis, and even invisibility. When you have all of those in one being, it’s kind of hard to balance it with other heroes in a team.
\

And this is the main reason why J’onnz’s powers have been sort of suppressed when it comes to showing the character every week as a regular in Supergirl. In an interview via Comicbook.com, Supergirl producer Andrew Kreisberg shared his thoughts on Martian Manhunter being the powerful hero that he is in the universe.
“The Martian Manhunter, he’s so powerful that it’s almost too powerful for like a weekly series, like with all the things he could do. If we really deployed him at his full comic book power arsenal, no one would be able to pull anything off of anybody.”
Kreisberg added that if he had all of the powers that he was privy to in the actual comics, it would be impossible to get something over him, and put potential storylines to a halt. With pacing and little arcs very much a big point in TV, this would definitely put a damper on whatever serious curveballs that the EPs may have for Supergirl.
source: http://epicstream.com/

Old 02-28-2017, 03:50 PM   #55
Robert_Anthony
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by flickchick85 View Post
I think that article should have said the musical crossover is kicked off by the March 20th episode of Supergirl, because that's when it's supposed to air. The finale will probably be in May.
Also of course you have the NCAA men's basketball tournament, the start of baseball season and other things like The Voice to contend with.

Andrew Breitbart, internet journalism pioneer (1969-2012)
Old 02-28-2017, 03:52 PM   #56
Mask&Cape
Side-Kick

Are Superman, Supergirl and Martian Manhunter the only superheroes on their Earth? Season One established that there is no Flash on this world.

Have the producers ever commented on whether there is a Batman or other Justice Leaguers?

Didn't Berlanto say once that Supergirl was the continuity of the Reeves/Routh movies? Wyn mentioned the first movies earthquake at the start of the season, but then the show introduced Miss Tessmacher and in "Luthors" Olsen says Clark and Lex were once best friends, implying this is may be connected to the Smallville continuity.

I know the show isn't meant to de a direct sequel or anything, but are they simply mixing elements from all the versions?

And will we ever get to meet Lois?

Old 02-28-2017, 04:13 PM   #57
shabadoo25
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mask&Cape View Post
Are Superman, Supergirl and Martian Manhunter the only superheroes on their Earth? Season One established that there is no Flash on this world.

Have the producers ever commented on whether there is a Batman or other Justice Leaguers?

Didn't Berlanto say once that Supergirl was the continuity of the Reeves/Routh movies? Wyn mentioned the first movies earthquake at the start of the season, but then the show introduced Miss Tessmacher and in "Luthors" Olsen says Clark and Lex were once best friends, implying this is may be connected to the Smallville continuity.

I know the show isn't meant to de a direct sequel or anything, but are they simply mixing elements from all the versions?

The only thing I can add in relation to this is that Gotham City was mentioned in the Superman ep.

Old 02-28-2017, 04:13 PM   #58
shabadoo25
Side-Kick

Unrelated to all other topics:

Have they dumped the Lynda Carter as president storyline because Trump won?

Old 02-28-2017, 04:29 PM   #59
vantheman77
Superman Fan 4 Life

Lynda Carter will return in an upcoming episode directed by Kevin Smith.

As for Martian Manhunter, him being too powerful is not a good argument as that would apply to Supergirl as well and she's leading a TV show. Why bring him in if they feel he's too powerful?

Old 02-28-2017, 04:36 PM   #60
shabadoo25
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by vantheman77 View Post
Lynda Carter will return in an upcoming episode directed by Kevin Smith.

As for Martian Manhunter, him being too powerful is not a good argument as that would apply to Supergirl as well and she's leading a TV show. Why bring him in if they feel he's too powerful?
My answer guess is: poor planning.

If you have 2 invincible characters, who can beat them combined?

Old 02-28-2017, 04:58 PM   #61
Kelly
#RESIST
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabadoo25 View Post
Unrelated to all other topics:

Have they dumped the Lynda Carter as president storyline because Trump won?
Nope....she has a far greater story line than President.

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase.
~Martin Luther King Jr.~
Old 02-28-2017, 06:28 PM   #62
haephestus
Side-Kick

Quote:

At this stage, Superman and Supergirl are the only widely, publicly known SUPERheroes (emphasis on "super"). It's unclear how much the public knows about Martian Manhunter. Sure, they've seen footage of him, but it doesn't seem as though he's regarded as a major, public hero in National City.

There have been strong hints that Batman exists, as Supergirl mentioned that Superman has previously worked with a masked vigilante (or a similar comment). I can't recall whether the mention of "masked vigilantes" was directly tied to the reference to Gotham City or not. I think they were separate mentions.

I imagine that we'll meet Lois Lane one day, but probably not for a long time. Possibly not until they're willing and able to bring back Tyler Hoechlin as Superman. They could include Lois Lane if they decide to pursue the Lucy Lane / Superwoman storyline from the comics, but they seem to have forgotten that Lucy Lane (and Maxwell Lord) exist!

Old 02-28-2017, 06:33 PM   #63
famicommander
Side-Kick

I'm really hoping that CW orders Black Lightning to series, and if they do, I'd love to see it on Earth-38.

There's no reason they couldn't put that Freedom Fighters: the Ray CW Seed series there too.

Then it would be
Earth-1: The Flash, Vixen, Arrow, Constantine, Legends of Tomorrow
Earth-38: Supergirl, Black Lightning, Freedom Fighters: the Ray

It could really help round out Supergirl's world if we could see other stories happening in other places there.

Old 02-28-2017, 10:46 PM   #64
Kelly
#RESIST
SHH! Administrator

I don't know who any of those people are, but ok....lol

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
~Martin Luther King Jr.~
Old 03-01-2017, 06:51 AM   #65
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

Quote:

Don't forget there's also Guardian.

Old 03-01-2017, 07:14 AM   #66
Robert_Anthony
Side-Kick

Peter Gadiot on Twitter says thanks to the fans and crew.

Quote:
Thanks #Supergirl fans for the ❤️ Huge thanks to @RapaportCasting @GBerlanti @AJKreisberg @AliAdler for having me! T'was a treat! Mxy out

Would like to see more Mxy!

Old 03-01-2017, 08:50 AM   #67
Kelly
#RESIST
SHH! Administrator

Not as Super man, that was blasphemy imo.... :/

~Martin Luther King Jr.~
Old 03-01-2017, 10:02 AM   #68
Robert_Anthony
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly View Post
Not as Super man, that was blasphemy imo.... :/
Well Mxy was looking to play HIS mind games with Kara...and doing that satisfied the quotient. But he can only go so far with it before it loses its punch. SO next time Mxy, leave that costume at home.

Old 03-01-2017, 10:18 AM   #69
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

Is Marvel's Impossible Man based on Mxyzptlk or at least influenced by him? He's also an imp and has the same sorts of powers, but he doesn't appear human (unless he shapeshifts into someone else's form).

Old 03-01-2017, 10:48 AM   #70
Kelly
#RESIST
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
Is Marvel's Impossible Man based on Mxyzptlk or at least influenced by him? He's also an imp and has the same sorts of powers, but he doesn't appear human (unless he shapeshifts into someone else's form).
I guess we would have to know which was developed first...

~Martin Luther King Jr.~
Old 03-01-2017, 11:04 AM   #71
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

Quote:
I guess we would have to know which was developed first...
Well Superman is much older than Marvel and the Fantastic Four, which only came about in the 1960s.

According to Wikipedia, Impossible Man debuted in 1963. Myxzptlk was in 1944. So almost 20 years before.

Old 03-01-2017, 11:35 AM   #72
Kelly
#RESIST
SHH! Administrator

Well, then maybe Mxy did inspire IM...

~Martin Luther King Jr.~
Old 03-01-2017, 09:14 PM   #73
famicommander
Side-Kick

Quote:
I don't know who any of those people are, but ok....lol
The Ray is a pretty obscure hero but he was recently re-imagined by Grant Morrison for his Multiversity story. His powers are all light based and as soon as his web series hits CW Seed he'll be the first openly gay hero to lead their own series.

Black Lightning is a little more well known. He has made appearances on Young Justice, Batman: the Brave and the Bold, the DC Nation shorts, and the film Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths.

His back story is that he's a retired former vigilante, and is still wanted. He eventually ends up coming out of retirement when his own teenage daughters begin to manifest powers and fight crime. As his name not-so-subtly suggests, he's a black man with electricity-based powers. Think Static, but a middle aged single dad.

A bunch of his stories are from the Outsiders, a superhero team assembled by Batman which has also included Arsenal and Katana among its members.

Old 03-01-2017, 09:17 PM   #74
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

Is the Ray like the Donald?

Old 03-01-2017, 09:18 PM   #75
Kelly
#RESIST
SHH! Administrator

Hmmmm....ok, I'm game.

~Martin Luther King Jr.~
Closed Thread