The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Supergirl

Old 05-31-2017, 10:07 PM   #1
Kelly
#RESIST
SHH! Administrator

Default Odette Annable IS Reign

Discuss our villain for Season 3 right here....

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase.
~Martin Luther King Jr.~

Last edited by Kelly; 05-31-2017 at 10:13 PM.
Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 10:15 PM   #2
Kelly
#RESIST
SHH! Administrator

Default Re: Odette Annable IS Reign

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
~Martin Luther King Jr.~
Old 05-31-2017, 11:22 PM   #3
flickchick85
Loose Seal
SHH! Global Moderator

Place your bets on who in the main cast she gets romantically entangled with now!

"They say: sufferings are misfortunes...Once we're thrown off our habitual paths, we think all is lost; but it's only here that the new and good begins.

As long as there's life, there's happiness. There's much, much still to come."

flickchick85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 11:27 PM   #4
Primal Slayer
The world is ready 4 you

James!

Primal Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 11:27 PM   #5
Kelly
#RESIST
SHH! Administrator

James....

~Martin Luther King Jr.~
Old 05-31-2017, 11:28 PM   #6
flickchick85
Loose Seal
SHH! Global Moderator

Dammit, that's who I was gonna bet on too, y'all. It doesn't work if we all back the same person, lol.

"They say: sufferings are misfortunes...Once we're thrown off our habitual paths, we think all is lost; but it's only here that the new and good begins.

Old 05-31-2017, 11:35 PM   #7
Primal Slayer
The world is ready 4 you

Lol. I already see how it'll go down. She'll have a secret identity which will win James over, they'll date then the big reveal to the characters who she is. Wouldn't even be surprised if she works at Catco.

I think the writers will use her as a parallel to Kara, what she could have become.

Primal Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 11:44 PM   #8
flickchick85
Loose Seal
SHH! Global Moderator

But since they've already announced her true identity, they'll show her being secretly evil from the start. So we can probably add "gullible" to the list of ways James will be behaving out-of-character because they don't know what else to do with him.

In all seriousness though, I do wonder if she'll bring in the other Worldkillers at some point. And if they DO draw a parallel to Kara, whether they'll bring in the mystery surrounding the missing original Worldkiller (and the question as to whether or not it may have been her). Kara facing the possibility that her father may have experimented on HER might be something to explore. I mean honestly, without the Red Lantern portion of the arc, they're gonna have to add a lot of ideas to stretch this threat out for a whole season.

Old 05-31-2017, 11:57 PM   #9
Flemm
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
I think the writers will use her as a parallel to Kara, what she could have become.

Which I think would basically be good. It's a simple, solid premise to build stories around.

I don't really know about James being in a romance with Reign's alter-ego, but even that sounds like it could work, tbh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flickchick85 View Post
Kara facing the possibility that her father may have experimented on HER might be something to explore.
Now you're talking.

This is the kind of thing that season 2 was missing, imho. A story hook that really engages the lead character on a fundamental level.

Last edited by Flemm; 06-01-2017 at 12:07 AM.
Flemm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 01:59 AM   #10
TheRedWraith
DCEU Fan

Also it would provide a chance to explore her father who so far, has been wholly ignored.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneFan View Post
There are many times where I bite my tongue on these forums. Most of the time, engaging in a back and forth simply isn't worth the effort.
TheRedWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 02:08 AM   #11
Osiris-Rex
Head-Kick

Quote:
But since they've already announced her true identity, they'll show her being secretly evil from the start. So we can probably add "gullible" to the list of ways James will be behaving out-of-character because they don't know what else to do with him.

In all seriousness though, I do wonder if she'll bring in the other Worldkillers at some point. And if they DO draw a parallel to Kara, whether they'll bring in the mystery surrounding the missing original Worldkiller (and the question as to whether or not it may have been her). Kara facing the possibility that her father may have experimented on HER might be something to explore. I mean honestly, without the Red Lantern portion of the arc, they're gonna have to add a lot of ideas to stretch this threat out for a whole season.
If Kara is a genetic freak it would help explain how she defeated Superman. Might not placate all the folks complaining about that, but it would give a counter argument. Also it would add a little more drama to her
birth family story. Kara is already upset about how Zor-El created the Medusa virus. To find out she was also one of his science projects would be an interesting twist.

Osiris-Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 02:19 AM   #12
flickchick85
Loose Seal
SHH! Global Moderator

To be clear, I don't want her to actually turn out to be the missing Worldkiller (she wasn't in the comics), but I wouldn't mind the question being raised and the potential angst that could come out of her simply being presented with the possibility (and her beating Superman could be used as a reason for suspecting it). And if they do intend to do some version of New Krypton at a later time, getting to know Zor-El better through flashbacks via this storyline wouldn't be a bad idea, either. I feel like we got to know Alura pretty well through S1, but with Zor-El, finding out he created Medusa was like the first notable thing we've ever learned about him. This season could delve deeper into that through this storyline and give Kara some meaty dramatic stuff to chew on, imo.

Old 06-01-2017, 02:23 AM   #13
SSAV
Side-Kick

Quote:
Dammit, that's who I was gonna bet on too, y'all. It doesn't work if we all back the same person, lol.
If, as you say, she will work in Cat Co, how about Kara herself? ;-) But, that would be non-canon. (Nope! I don't back it; James seems like possible to me though I never considered a canon romance till I read this thread; or Winn if they are kicking Lyra out.) But, I do find the thought amusing.

Canon would be, if they develop a friendship with Kara as well, they would use that to contrast Kara-Lena because they were so invested in it last year (I mean, this year, as in S2).

Which could again cause shipping wars (Supercorp vs. Superreign, Sanvers vs. Alex-Reign--which is also a possibility if they share screen time at all; there was a lot of Alex-Astra in S1). Ha! Twitter is best to be kept out of.

Whatever happens, I'd really like to see Kara struggle with her family's and her planet's legacy. There was potential there in S2, which was not realised; or may be was pushed to S3?

Also, do worldkillers have redeeming potential? Because if it is all black and white, it may lose some of the tension (for me). I like it when there is a will-they won't they with villains but, which is actually exploited in the story not just in acting. Like Astra and unlike Non.

Last edited by SSAV; 06-01-2017 at 02:43 AM.
SSAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 02:42 AM   #14
Flemm
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSAV View Post
If, as you say, she will work in Cat Co, how about Kara herself? ;-)
I will personally drop the show if they do not focus on Karareign beginning in the first episode

Old 06-01-2017, 02:52 AM   #15
flickchick85
Loose Seal
SHH! Global Moderator

Lord I swear Kara gets 'shipped with everyone on the show more than her actual love interests, lol. So sure, why not the Big Bad, too.

I personally like Single!Kara the best, so my OTP will remain Kara/food.

Old 06-01-2017, 02:56 AM   #16
Poppy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
Lol. I already see how it'll go down. She'll have a secret identity which will win James over, they'll date then the big reveal to the characters who she is. Wouldn't even be surprised if she works at Catco.

I was going to say Winn since he has a thing for bad girls and aliens but he already has a girlfriend so I think you're right.

Quote:
I personally like Single!Kara the best, so my OTP will remain Kara/food.
Same. And the most disappointing part of S3 is that Mon el will be back.

Poppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 03:06 AM   #17
Flemm
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppy View Post
Same. And the most disappointing part of S3 is that Mon el will be back.
I'm hoping his experiences will have changed him.

Maybe they get back together for a while, maybe they don't, but anyway, I'd like the dynamic to be different.

As lovers, I would prefer that they remain star-crossed, tbh.

A steady romance might be a great thing to have in life, but it's hard to make that sort of thing interesting as a story.

Now that they have a connection, it can cause pathos and suffering for both of them, which I find more enjoyable to watch than domestic bliss

Old 06-01-2017, 10:03 AM   #18
Thome216
Look at my tiny Avatar!

Well, her and James sounds interesting, even as I really don't want them wasting anymore screen time on his character.

I think they should stay away from any friend aspect between Reign and Kara. Have it mildly adversarial, and if they do Jimreign then that would be an added point of contention between James and Kara.

And no redeemable quality. Make her bad and mean. Make her the Big Bad!

Last edited by Thome216; 06-01-2017 at 05:24 PM.
Thome216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 12:32 PM   #19
Nia
Side-Kick

I'm cool with Kara being shipped with Reign if that means the shippers will spend less time hating on Mon-El, whom I am very glad will be back as a series regular.

Nia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 01:12 PM   #20
Loki882
Side-Kick

Well she's clearly not getting that costume on the show. So I wonder what her show one will look like?

Also I hope that they keep her at least somewhat sympathetic like she was in the comics.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 02:47 AM   #21
Sawyer
High King

I'm less curious about costume and more curious as to whether they'll give her facial prosthetics. The actress playing Lyra wears prosthetics, but she was also only in 5 episodes last season. I imagine the prospect of multiple hours getting s*** applied to your face anytime you're on camera for the next year might be a bigger snag...

@HIGHzurrer

If your first TV love was Buffy, this season of The Magicians is the adult who looks like that first crush but is into your kink.
*sees someone trolling DCEU fans* *prepares to say something* *sees Snyder stans somehow being even more obnoxious than the trolls* *sighs*

*rinse and repeat*
Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 03:22 AM   #22
Osiris-Rex
Head-Kick

Just hope they don't put her in a rubber Halloween mask. It's fine for bit part characters like the Maaldorians but not for a season long main character.
Is J'onn still GCI or do they now use make-up and prosthetics. I think he is a great looking character.

Osiris-Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 03:34 AM   #23
flickchick85
Loose Seal
SHH! Global Moderator

J'onn is still CGI. Which is why he spends so little time in his true form - budget.

And I'm still thinking they'll give Reign some sort of shape-shifting ability so she can look human 90% of the time.

Last edited by flickchick85; 06-25-2017 at 03:40 AM.
Old 06-25-2017, 12:28 PM   #24
Kelly
#RESIST
SHH! Administrator

Yep....I agree.

~Martin Luther King Jr.~
Old 06-25-2017, 12:29 PM   #25
Kelly
#RESIST
SHH! Administrator

Also I now ship #Karfoodie

~Martin Luther King Jr.~