The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Supergirl

Old 06-20-2017, 09:57 AM   #51
X Knight
Magical Mystery Knight

Default Re: Supergirl to join the DCEU?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thome216 View Post
Have to say that I love the idea of a Rapunzel-inspired Supergirl!

A girl who can innocently bat her eyes without any guile, but still knows when it's time to swing the frying pan.
that's my kind of girl.

Old 06-20-2017, 01:59 PM   #52
Thome216
Look at my tiny Avatar!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly View Post
Which is pretty much most women that I know.....we have always known that honey gets the bee and the fly swatter keeps them humble.
!!LOL!!

Thome216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 03:22 PM   #53
Thome216
Look at my tiny Avatar!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
My personal opinion is I'd prefer they introduce her like they did in Superman Unboubd where she's already here as Supergirl. The film could be set anytime after Justice League. Then you explore her origins in a prequel film, personally I'd rather they avoided that Jeff Loeb storyline from the comics. I think her origin should just be her and Clark. Darkseid should be saved to get taken down by the Justice League in a film where it's just the JL vs Darkseid.
Well, that's what I was saying. Break SfK into two movies, the first as a Supergirl origin and the latter half as a JL sequel dealing with Darkseid. That's if he doesn't die in the first JL movie... Or some other big bad.

Basically, I like how she was introduced in SfK. Both it and the New 52 intro were both done very well. I like in both how she immediately starts causing mayhem, however unintentional, although when she meets Kal in both, the reaction in each iteration is completely different.

Although, I don't know if they can still pull off the cousin-part? In some flashback scene they would have to go back to before Krypton's destruction and introduce her parents as related to Jor-El. They could use the New 52 story line for that, as describing Jor and Zor as being estranged, with the younger Zor-El copying his brothers work.

But however they do it, I want a big screen original for Kara rather than having her just be there, and then do another prequel movie. It worked good for WW, but I wouldn't want to reuse the formula.

Old 06-20-2017, 03:31 PM   #54
Milk Tray Guy
Man of Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thome216 View Post
But however they do it, I want a big screen original for Kara rather than having her just be there, and then do another prequel movie. It worked good for WW, but I wouldn't want to reuse the formula.
^Second this.

"It's funny, isn't it? A life of truth, justice and the American, military, capitalist way. In the end, you die on the moon, wondering if your bowels will let go. And tomorrow, the world will go on like nothing happened. Dragged kicking and screaming to a better day." Manchester Black - Superman vs The Elite
Milk Tray Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 04:14 AM   #55
SSAV
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk Tray Guy View Post
Yes, that's Superman/Batman: The Supergirl from Krypton, the one that I mentioned above. I think that would be a great intro for her
I would like this a lot. Having a youngster to train would take the edge off current Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman. Well, WW doesn't seem to have sharp edges; but it'd be great to see her in a mentor role.

For some reason, I am reminded of "Three men and a baby" though.

SSAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 11:27 AM   #56
Milk Tray Guy
Man of Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSAV View Post
I would like this a lot. Having a youngster to train would take the edge off current Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman. Well, WW doesn't seem to have sharp edges; but it'd be great to see her in a mentor role.

For some reason, I am reminded of "Three men and a baby" though.

"It's funny, isn't it? A life of truth, justice and the American, military, capitalist way. In the end, you die on the moon, wondering if your bowels will let go. And tomorrow, the world will go on like nothing happened. Dragged kicking and screaming to a better day." Manchester Black - Superman vs The Elite
Milk Tray Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 04:23 PM   #57
Brierrose
Side-Kick

I thought of a way to introduce a modern Kara Zor-El while not ignoring the MOS prequel comic, which I personally had no idea existed. From what I understand the prequel Kara was a Kryptonian explorer who landed on Earth 1000 years ago. Her ship is the basis for Superman's Fortress of Solitude. This Kara let's call her Kara-1 was an ancestor of Kal-El and would be dead.

It's too late for JL but MOS2 could introduce a modern Kara Zor-El let's call her Kara-2. Kara-2 can be Superman's first cousin and can say she was named after thier common ancestor. Kara-2 can have one of the characters more common comic books origins, like the TV show. As a bonus while Kara-2 is telling Superman about Kara-1 and the two of them put together that she landed on Earth we can get one flashback scene of Kara-1, which would serve as an advertisement for the prequel comic. Double bonus if Melissa can play Kara-1 in that one scene. Melissa would probably have time to do one short scene that can be filmed almost anytime during MOS2 production and it wouldn't obligate her to do anymore later.

Brierrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 08:29 PM   #58
Thome216
Look at my tiny Avatar!

I like the idea of Benoist doing a small prequel scene. Kind of sad for the character though, being stuck on Earth a thousand years ago.

They probably won't even touch the prequel comic though. As has been stated, not enough are even aware of it to spend fifteen minutes of movie time incorporating it.

Old 06-22-2017, 09:09 PM   #59
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

If they introduce Supergirl, it won't be Benoist.

Mysteryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 08:52 AM   #60
Thome216
Look at my tiny Avatar!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteryman View Post
If they introduce Supergirl, it won't be Benoist.
No, just speculation on a cameo appearance having to do with the prequel comic associated with MoS.

Old 06-27-2017, 12:38 PM   #61
Kelly
#RESIST
SHH! Administrator

Tell us your favorite scene right here...

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=531679

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase.
~Martin Luther King Jr.~
Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 07:31 PM   #62
kara zor el
Banned User

Default I love MelBen but this girl could be SG in the DCEU

I was on netflix and the cover had some movie call "You Get Me", which I scrolled through in the FF for about 3 minutes and realized well, it wasn't my kind of film.

BUT - I noticed the lead actress, Halston Sage would be perfect for a Supergirl role, maybe not as perfect as MelBen, but still quite good as her interviews on Youtube showed she also has a funny, bubbly personality.

So if the films with JLA and such need an actress for the Supergirl role, and I hope they do - I nominate Ms. Sage. She can do it.

kara zor el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 07:35 PM   #63
2kt09
Here 'N' There

Default Re: I love MelBen but this girl could be SG in the DCEU

Oh dayum, that'd be quite the role. I've seen her in enough movies to get that she gets typecast as the popular mean girl.

Whedon-----Guggenheim_____Kinberg
Gunn________Goyer
Reed________Snyder
2kt09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 05:22 AM   #64
Robert_Anthony
Side-Kick

She's a cutie!

George Orwell (1903-1950), author of 1984
Robert_Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 08:09 AM   #65
kara zor el
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_Anthony View Post
She's a cutie!
She's ridiculously gorgeous and I think she's about 6 years younger than MelBen, so she could play a teenaged Supergirl if that's the direction WB wanted to go in with the films.

kara zor el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 09:26 AM   #66
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

Quote:
Originally Posted by kara zor el View Post
She's ridiculously gorgeous and I think she's about 6 years younger than MelBen, so she could play a teenaged Supergirl if that's the direction WB wanted to go in with the films.
I think she seems too much of an earth girl. Or certainly a typical California girl.

I'd want someone who has more of an innocence and doesn't seem like they just grew up in California. Helen Slater had this more ethereal, innocent quality to her when she was cast. I'd like similar casting but with a little more spark to be more like Rapunzel from Tangled. Halston Sage seems a bit too worldly, if that makes sense. She's also not 6 years younger than Melissa but only 4. She's 24, so probably already too old to play Kara by the time they ever get this off the ground.

Old 06-30-2017, 12:51 PM   #67
BH/HHH
You Are My World

Yeah I could definitely see her as Supergirl

BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 01:19 PM   #68
Kelly
#RESIST
SHH! Administrator

I'm sticking with my choice of Skyler Samuels.....

And she is best buds with Colton Haynes....

And she has already had super powers.... from "9 Lives Of Chloe King"

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
~Martin Luther King Jr.~
Old 07-01-2017, 12:31 AM   #69
flickchick85
Loose Seal
SHH! Global Moderator

I'm still rooting for a believable teenage Supergirl for the movies, so someone like Angourie Rice from The Nice Guys and The Beguiled would be my pick.

"They say: sufferings are misfortunes...Once we're thrown off our habitual paths, we think all is lost; but it's only here that the new and good begins.

As long as there's life, there's happiness. There's much, much still to come."

flickchick85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 01:24 AM   #70
Kelly
#RESIST
SHH! Administrator

Has she ever done any kind of action as in stunt work that type of thing.?

~Martin Luther King Jr.~
Old 07-01-2017, 02:15 AM   #71
flickchick85
Loose Seal
SHH! Global Moderator

I have no idea. There were some stunts in The Nice Guys, I guess. But either way, her career's just starting (she's only 16) and there's a first time for everything.

"They say: sufferings are misfortunes...Once we're thrown off our habitual paths, we think all is lost; but it's only here that the new and good begins.

Old 07-01-2017, 02:17 AM   #72
DarthSkywalker
May the Force Be With You

She is in Spider-Man: Homecoming, but I don't think it is a legit role. I'd love her. Her relationship with Gosling The Nice Guys might be my favorite thing in that film, and that is saying something. Either way, who knew the little sister from 90 Days of Summer could kick everyone's ass? So yeah, you can make it work.

Old 07-01-2017, 02:23 AM   #73
flickchick85
Loose Seal
SHH! Global Moderator

It was 500 Days, Darth. 500! 90 days is just...a normal summer, lol. But yes, I honestly felt like she stole the film from Gosling and Crowe, which is saying a lot because they were both great in it.

And yeah, I almost mentioned the Chloe Moretz example myself - proof that youth and inexperience are non-factors with the right training/directing.

Old 07-01-2017, 02:36 AM   #74
DarthSkywalker
May the Force Be With You

Quote:
Originally Posted by flickchick85 View Post
It was 500 Days, Darth. 500! 90 days is just...a normal summer, lol. But yes, I honestly felt like she stole the film from Gosling and Crowe, which is saying a lot because they were both great in it.

And yeah, I almost mentioned the Chloe Moretz example myself - proof that youth and inexperience are non-factors with the right training/directing.
Shame... Shame... Shame...

Unless you are Finn Jones. In which case you have no hope of looking good in a fight.

Old 07-01-2017, 02:43 AM   #75
flickchick85
Loose Seal
SHH! Global Moderator

I did say with the right training, and Jones admitted he didn't really train because "the schedule didn't allow time for it" so...yeah.