The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2013, 11:14 AM   #376
SpideyFan866
Banned User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 16,509
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man General Discussion - - - - Part 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. X View Post
True true.

I like in the game, the costume you can wear was te movie one but with utility belt and to change his cartridges he just slap his wrist at his sides. Thought that was cool!
That reload concept was originally for the movie suit.

Though, sans belt.

SpideyFan866 is offline  
Old 01-03-2013, 11:19 AM   #377
Mr. X
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 53
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man General Discussion - - - - Part 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post
That reload concept was originally for the movie suit.

Though, sans belt.
Hmm I did not know that! That would have been interesting to see

Mr. X is offline  
Old 01-03-2013, 11:33 AM   #378
SpideyFan866
Banned User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 16,509
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man General Discussion - - - - Part 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. X View Post
Hmm I did not know that! That would have been interesting to see
Yeah.

They had quite a few webshooter concepts for ASM, including one resembling the comics (a bit of an amalgam of the peter and ben webshooters).

Im curious to see if one of those concepts get used.

SpideyFan866 is offline  
Old 01-03-2013, 11:36 AM   #379
Mr. X
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 53
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man General Discussion - - - - Part 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post
Yeah.

They had quite a few webshooter concepts for ASM, including one resembling the comics (a bit of an amalgam of the peter and ben webshooters).

Im curious to see if one of those concepts get used.
Maybe. Seeing how's they said the costume will be made more truer to comics in sequel, maybe web shooters will too

Mr. X is offline  
Old 01-03-2013, 12:30 PM   #380
Nicko-Ray
Danger!
 
Nicko-Ray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: LA, CA
Posts: 8,716
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man General Discussion - - - - Part 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. X View Post
I really wanna see them explain how the web shooters work. I think they lacked so much of that in first film. To me, all he could do is shoot web. But on the bridge when he shoots a web out to snag the kid in burning car, it's a far away shot but you see the web line retracting into the web shooters....how?

I wanna see cooler and different web shots done and I just like to see Peter explain it, maybe to Gwen? I dunno
Riiiiight. I agree on this. I'm gonna mention that (whether you agree with this or not) Marc Webb said somewhere that the way they approached the webshooters in this movie was that they made it known, but don't really touch up on it too much. So it sounded like he wanted to be a half and half type of thing. Why? Don't know. But the way I took it was that they introduced webshooters for fans like you and I, but didn't go deeply into it because of raimi fans. Or whatever. Haha.

I actually thought of the same thing about Peter giving maybe a brief explanation to Gwen. Maybe she asks what those things are/do..

Nicko-Ray is offline  
Old 01-03-2013, 12:36 PM   #381
Mr. X
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 53
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man General Discussion - - - - Part 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickoray View Post
Riiiiight. I agree on this. I'm gonna mention that (whether you agree with this or not) Marc Webb said somewhere that the way they approached the webshooters in this movie was that they made it known, but don't really touch up on it too much. So it sounded like he wanted to be a half and half type of thing. Why? Don't know. But the way I took it was that they introduced webshooters for fans like you and I, but didn't go deeply into it because of raimi fans. Or whatever. Haha.

I actually thought of the same thing about Peter giving maybe a brief explanation to Gwen. Maybe she asks what those things are/do..
If that's what they did, I'm a little disappointed. Raimi fans got what they wanted in 3 of his movies. Organic webs. Let the comic web shooter fans have their time now. No need to appease to raimi fans in my opinion

Mr. X is offline  
Old 01-03-2013, 12:46 PM   #382
Rise_-
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 363
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man General Discussion - - - - Part 23

They didn't go deeply into the webshooters because it's a waste of time.

How long do you want them to spend on that? More importantly, why? Does it serve the story in any way, or is it just taking away screentime from other important parts of the movie which need the time?

The webshooters are mechanical, so Peter would no doubt have some sort of a failsafe in case the webbing clogs up the nozzle and/or a setting which allows webbing that's already travelling out of the shooter to stop and reel back in, probably only up to a certain point though. It can't go back into the cartridge itself because the webbing inside the cartridge and outside are two different forms.

Rise_- is offline  
Old 01-03-2013, 12:50 PM   #383
Mr. X
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 53
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man General Discussion - - - - Part 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rise_- View Post
They didn't go deeply into the webshooters because it's a waste of time.

How long do you want them to spend on that? More importantly, why? Does it serve the story in any way, or is it just taking away screentime from other important parts of the movie which need the time?

The webshooters are mechanical, so Peter would no doubt have some sort of a failsafe in case the webbing clogs up the nozzle and/or a setting which allows webbing that's already travelling out of the shooter to stop and reel back in, probably only up to a certain point though. It can't go back into the cartridge itself because the webbing inside the cartridge and outside are two different forms.
Not bashing your opinion. I just don't accept that :/

Mr. X is offline  
Old 01-03-2013, 12:50 PM   #384
Mr. X
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 53
SHH! Re: The Amazing Spider-Man General Discussion - - - - Part 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rise_- View Post
They didn't go deeply into the webshooters because it's a waste of time.

How long do you want them to spend on that? More importantly, why? Does it serve the story in any way, or is it just taking away screentime from other important parts of the movie which need the time?

The webshooters are mechanical, so Peter would no doubt have some sort of a failsafe in case the webbing clogs up the nozzle and/or a setting which allows webbing that's already travelling out of the shooter to stop and reel back in, probably only up to a certain point though. It can't go back into the cartridge itself because the webbing inside the cartridge and outside are two different forms.
I do get what your saying though. By for myself, I need more explanation

Mr. X is offline  
Old 01-03-2013, 02:23 PM   #385
Anno_Domini
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17,997
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man General Discussion - - - - Part 23

If we're talking about utility belts...maybe he can have a Spidey credit card

Anno_Domini is offline  
Old 01-03-2013, 02:38 PM   #386
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated
 
Picard Sisko's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 17,944
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man General Discussion - - - - Part 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
If we're talking about utility belts...maybe he can have a Spidey credit card
Heh... no.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Parker
"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Avatar by SpideyK.
Picard Sisko is offline  
Old 01-03-2013, 02:52 PM   #387
Anno_Domini
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17,997
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man General Discussion - - - - Part 23

Ahhh, no humor in this thread.

Tough crowd, tough crowd.

Anno_Domini is offline  
Old 01-03-2013, 04:45 PM   #388
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated
 
Picard Sisko's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 17,944
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man General Discussion - - - - Part 23

Batman & Robin reminder... *shivers*

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Parker
"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Avatar by SpideyK.
Picard Sisko is offline  
Old 01-04-2013, 03:37 PM   #389
SpiderMarvelite
Banned User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Oscorp
Posts: 1,965
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man General Discussion - - - - Part 23

I was thinking something simple, when one cateidge in the shooter is used, it goes anti-clokwise and moves the next catridge into place for position.

Like TSSM.

SpiderMarvelite is offline  
Old 01-04-2013, 04:24 PM   #390
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.
 
TheIrishAvenger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ireland
Posts: 6,888
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man General Discussion - - - - Part 23


__________________
"Suplex City, B*tch!"

TheIrishAvenger is offline  
Old 01-04-2013, 04:41 PM   #391
Spider-Aziz
Death Match Taunt
 
Spider-Aziz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 71,750
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man General Discussion - - - - Part 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
If we're talking about utility belts...maybe he can have a Spidey credit card
He's not rich

__________________
FIGHT CLUB: Marvel vs DC, ANYTHING
STATE YOUR OPINION ON A CHARACTER: MARVEL, DC

YOUTUBE
It will come, be sure of that

The internet: You formed your personal opinion and liked something popular? You are part of the herd. You like something new and unpopular? Cult of the new.
Spider-Aziz is offline  
Old 01-04-2013, 04:53 PM   #392
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated
 
Picard Sisko's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 17,944
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man General Discussion - - - - Part 23



Tom Jane (The Punisher) seems to be a fan of TASM. Skip to about 14:13 to see what he says.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Parker
"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Avatar by SpideyK.
Picard Sisko is offline  
Old 01-04-2013, 05:13 PM   #393
Spider-Aziz
Death Match Taunt
 
Spider-Aziz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 71,750
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man General Discussion - - - - Part 23

At least he thinks it did better being realistic when approaching Peter Parker

__________________
FIGHT CLUB: Marvel vs DC, ANYTHING
STATE YOUR OPINION ON A CHARACTER: MARVEL, DC

YOUTUBE
It will come, be sure of that

The internet: You formed your personal opinion and liked something popular? You are part of the herd. You like something new and unpopular? Cult of the new.
Spider-Aziz is offline  
Old 01-04-2013, 05:13 PM   #394
The Infernal
Spinning Fidgeter
 
The Infernal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Scotland
Posts: 9,338
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man General Discussion - - - - Part 23

Nice to hear his views on TASM. He always seems like a nice guy, but what he says after that part, he gets a bit intense and out there when talking about cops back in the 60's/70's. I'm guessing that he'd had a couple of drinks by then judging by his behaviour and what he says.

Though speaking of Tom Jane and TASM. I know it won't happen, but I would love to see a crossover movie with TASM and Punisher. I think it would be very interesting to see on screen and have the two characters clash with their different methods of fighting crime.

The Infernal is offline  
Old 01-04-2013, 05:16 PM   #395
Spider-Aziz
Death Match Taunt
 
Spider-Aziz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 71,750
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man General Discussion - - - - Part 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Infernal View Post
Though speaking of Tom Jane and TASM. I know it won't happen, but I would love to see a crossover movie with TASM and Punisher. I think it would be very interesting to see on screen and have the two characters clash with their different methods of fighting crime.
Early in the video Stan talked to him about not liking to be called by the short version of his name, he prefers to be called 'Thomas'
I hope it can at least happen in one animated movie

__________________
FIGHT CLUB: Marvel vs DC, ANYTHING
STATE YOUR OPINION ON A CHARACTER: MARVEL, DC

YOUTUBE
It will come, be sure of that

The internet: You formed your personal opinion and liked something popular? You are part of the herd. You like something new and unpopular? Cult of the new.
Spider-Aziz is offline  
Old 01-04-2013, 05:17 PM   #396
GRangerPrimeNYC
AgentGodzillaRangerPrime
 
GRangerPrimeNYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 856
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man General Discussion - - - - Part 23

I felt they should've started out with big Ben Reilly web shooters at first, then progress to more compact ones later one.

Starting out with one the size of a watch is odd. How does all the mechanisms for the webbing practically fit in a watch anyway.

GRangerPrimeNYC is offline  
Old 01-04-2013, 08:01 PM   #397
Doc Ock
The Spider-Totem Awakens
 
Doc Ock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Oklahoma, US
Posts: 8,852
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man General Discussion - - - - Part 23

I don't think I've ever seen Tom Jane in a interview before, he seems quite a character hehe.

__________________
Keep Hope Alive: Fox's days are numbered.
Doc Ock is offline  
Old 01-04-2013, 08:21 PM   #398
Anno_Domini
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17,997
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man General Discussion - - - - Part 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderMarvelite View Post
I was thinking something simple, when one cateidge in the shooter is used, it goes anti-clokwise and moves the next catridge into place for position.

Like TSSM.
You know, I just recently finished watching seasons one and two of TSSM....we need films very similar to that amazing series. I read so many people saying we need a Batman film similar to the old Batman cartoon or the Arkham games, but TSSM is a perfect example of what we need in a Spidey film.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Aziz View Post
He's not rich
Once again, no humor in this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picard Sisko View Post


Tom Jane (The Punisher) seems to be a fan of TASM. Skip to about 14:13 to see what he says.
Only watched what he had to say about Andrew Garfield's performance. Anything else about TAS-M or no? If not, then at least he acknowledges the good stuff about the film.

Anno_Domini is offline  
Old 01-04-2013, 08:23 PM   #399
Mr. Dent
Banned User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 8,941
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man General Discussion - - - - Part 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. X View Post
Maybe. Seeing how's they said the costume will be made more truer to comics in sequel, maybe web shooters will too
Yeah, Webb said that there will be "gnarley" new web shooters. Speaking of that, I'm really interested in how the new suit will look. We know bigger eyes and "more traditional". I'm guessing they're mostly talking about the belt. Not sure if posted here yet, but here's a rendition of classic + TASM suit + bigger eyes.



Also hoping they get rid of the track shoes.

Mr. Dent is offline  
Old 01-04-2013, 08:27 PM   #400
VenomSpawn
WAAAAAAAAA
 
VenomSpawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 6,223
Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man General Discussion - - - - Part 23

That's always been one of my favorite Spidey designs. I loved all of Teves's Spidey designs for the first movie. All of them are better than what they went with.

__________________
VenomSpawn is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:29 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of Mandatory Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2018 All Rights Reserved.