The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > Batman Begins

Old 06-19-2005, 10:39 AM   #276
Cobblepot
Giant-Size Man-Thing

Default Re: Thanks from Larry Holden

Thanks!
I just saw the movie again, and I was wondering.

What the hell were you thinking going out there alone!

Old 06-19-2005, 10:52 AM   #277
LarryHolden
Side-Kick

Default Thanks! And goodbye for now!

Hey, all. Just wanted to say a few things before I say goodbye.

Number one, thank you from the bottom of my heart. You guys really made my weekend. Thanks.

Secondly, I ended up not seeing the movie yesterday, because I suffered a massive allergy attack from something, shortly after we got in the car and headed off to catch a showing. But knowing that most of you seem to love the film is enough for me until I do get to finally see it (it's my fault for skipping the premieres).

Lastly, a lot of you have been writing me at larry@holdenautomotive.com and asking for autographs or what have you, so I wanted to just say that, sorry, but I'm out of stuff to sign already (friends, neighbors, family, etc, asked for so much stuff that I ran out of what Warner Bros. supplied me with, and even had to go on Ebay and buy a few things for my nieces and nephews).

BUT if you own things you want me sign, I would be glad to, of course. But because I have some stalking issues these days, unfortunately I have to once again direct you to my agents' addresses. You can either send it to my Hollywood agent, or my Canadien agent, and they will forwad it to me wherever I am. Just make sure to include a self-addressed, stamped envelope to save time, and tell them "thanks," of course. Here's the info:

HOLLYWOOD

Larry Holden
c/o Adam Lazarus
Bauman, Redanty, and Shaul
5757 Wilshire Boulevard
Suite 473, Los Angeles, CA 90036

CANADA (they may get get things to me a little quicker, because I'll be visiting there for just a day or two soon)

Larry Holden
c/o Elena Kirschner
100 West Pender Street
7th Floor
Vancouver, BC, Canada V6B 1R8

Now, in regards to some of the acting offers I've received, you don't have to deal with the agents if you don't want to (I drive thenm crazy by turning down a lot of "bigger" opportunites - they see it that way, I don't - so they are never jazzed about having me spending time and energy on low budget projects.).

But please be honest with from the get-go, and let me know if your team has any money at all in place and at least a tentative start date and location, etc, before you email me anything (scripts, outlines, etc).

Reason I say that is because in the past I have often "wasted" a lot of myself getting ready for things that never happen, after I've turned down other projects because of what I thought were going to be scheduling conflicts.

But with all that having been said, I want you to all know that, when I do make myself available to act, I don't tailor my preparation according to the size of the budget, or whether or not the director and his team or known or not.... or the size of the role. Matter of fact, I usually have more fun the smaller the budget is.

Anyway, I'm honored some of you are considering hiring me, especially those of you that haven't been afraid to come right out and ask if I would ever do something that "crazy" after being in Batman Begins. I never think career moves, I always just think - are the people cool?, am I going to have a good time working with them?, and have I been to that to town, city, state, country yet? (I love to travel to places I've never been, regardless of where it is)

Okay, that's it. Sorry for the long post.

Oh, one more thing. Some of you have now started threads pretending to be Liam or Christian, etc. My humble advice: If you want the rest of the gang to take you seriously, and possible even visit here like I have, be cool and don't take the piss. All of us took this film very seriously and tried very very hard to make a film you all would love and be proud of, especially Chris Nolan and his amazing crew, of course. So, show the world, especially the suits and ties in Hollywood, that you're a serious force to be wreckoned with - which most of you have, of course, with flying colors.

Okay, well, thanks again for a great time. I wish all of you the best, always.

Sincerely, Larry Holden (Finch)

LarryHolden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 10:55 AM   #278
ROBOCOP CPU001

Take care larry..

thankyou for taking the time to drop by and say thankyou to us all personaly.

Thankyou for your co-operation.

Old 06-19-2005, 10:56 AM   #279
C. Lee
I'm not old...I'm ancient
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryHolden
Thanks. Well put. It's hard to believe I had never sent an email until five years ago (my wife showed me because she was heading off to Norway at the time). But you're right, obviously - it's pretty amazing, especially to this old man. Thanks again. This has been fun. Best always, Larry Holden
It's amazing to this "OLD" man too (I turn 48 in a couple of weeks)...I didn't get a computer until 3 years ago.

C. Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 10:58 AM   #280
bane
TEH PUFFY

Thanks mr.Holden you're Great.........won't be able to send you my bb stuff to sign,cause i live very far away from you

Old man look at my life,
I'm alot like you were.
bane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 11:01 AM   #281
bbb
Keysi-Kick

Thanks again Larry for taking your time to talk to us , it's been great having you on here ,maybe you can make a film about your life story so far and your evil stalker who hunts you down everywhere you go , just an idea, anyway all the best in future projects, take care buddy.

bbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 11:03 AM   #282
Milkman95
Movie Extra

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryHolden
Man, thanks so much. Appreciate it. I always think I suck. Michigan... TEd Nugent and Bob Seger country to me. Never been there. Do you live near that Ambassador Bridge? One of my best friends, actor Josh Charles, did a movie with Stevie Baldwin and Jason Gedrick there called Crossing The Bridge. Make a movie there and hire me! I'd love to see where the Motor City Madman (Nugent) calls home (even though I haven't been a fan since I was eighteen, and he's out of control these days with his whole Republican b'sh't. Ha. Thanks again for the kind words. (Man, you guys a re gerat for the ego!). Best, Larry Holden.
Thanks for responding Larry - I live about half an hour from the Ambassador Bridge - I live in a suburb northwest of Detroit. Michigan is a great place - we've got a busy year this year with the Major League Baseball All-Star game and the Superbowl.......

Those other guys you mentioned are great as well - maybe when I get around to a couple of small independent films I'll send you an email, but you're probably to big of an actor to really consider something like this, but I'll try anyway........Kid Rock and Eminem live around the corner from me though..........thanks again, love your work........

Old 06-19-2005, 11:35 AM   #283
Bat Brain
Side-Kick

Not sure if you're still around but, do you know of any deleted scenes from the movie? ie. any of your scenes that may have been cut.

Bat Brain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 11:38 AM   #284
BatMatt
Side-Kick

So Larry, Katie gave you a little peck on the cheek there huh? Cool to see you hear, I liked your character, I felt sympathy for him.

Old 06-19-2005, 11:50 AM   #285
greenlantern530
Dat Piff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milkman95
Thanks for responding Larry - I live about half an hour from the Ambassador Bridge - I live in a suburb northwest of Detroit. Michigan is a great place - we've got a busy year this year with the Major League Baseball All-Star game and the Superbowl.......

Those other guys you mentioned are great as well - maybe when I get around to a couple of small independent films I'll send you an email, but you're probably to big of an actor to really consider something like this, but I'll try anyway........Kid Rock and Eminem live around the corner from me though..........thanks again, love your work........
Oh sweet you live near Em! Have you eber seen Dre, or 50?

greenlantern530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 12:10 PM   #286
AshtonFoster
Side-Kick

Larry....You will forever be a legend on the SHH boards. Good luck in your future career....You deserve the best!

Old 06-19-2005, 12:33 PM   #287
블라스
Side-Kick

That's what I call a really cool guy

블라스 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 02:34 PM   #288
DorkyFresh
Sum Dum Goy

Larry Holden is THE MAN!

DorkyFresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 03:25 PM   #289
Captain Villa
Side-Kick

Thanks for the visit, mate. Much appreciated.

Showtime is ace.
Captain Villa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 04:34 PM   #290
Motown Marvel
Crimson and Clover

i bet when Finch was shot, there was toxic waste on the ground, and he fell on the ground, and you thought he was dead, but really he fell in the toxic waste, and he'll be alive in the sequel, as a zombie, and he's gonna try to eat batman, and katie holmes will have hard nipples.

Motown Marvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 12:35 AM   #291
vibeke_T
Side-Kick

yeah, larry holden IS the man...fo shizzle...

(he sent me a picture too! )

vibeke_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 01:00 AM   #292
christpunchers
I AM SANDMAN HEAR ME ROAR

Where did Larry go? Why isnt he coming back?

christpunchers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 01:54 AM   #293
vibeke_T
Side-Kick

he had a movie to shoot.

Old 06-20-2005, 02:30 AM   #294
Motown Marvel
Crimson and Clover

Quote:
Originally Posted by christpunchers
Where did Larry go? Why isnt he coming back?
because unlike most of us....he has a life

Old 06-20-2005, 02:46 AM   #295
vibeke_T
Side-Kick

speak fer yerself motown

Old 06-20-2005, 02:48 AM   #296
Motown Marvel
Crimson and Clover

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibeke_T
speak fer yerself motown
er, uh.....i was just speaking on behalf of everyone else...i got plenty of other important things to do....you wouldnt believe the stack of unread comics in my room.....wait, did i say unread comics....i meant, oiled up women who need loving....thats right...he he he.....

Old 06-20-2005, 02:50 AM   #297
vibeke_T
Side-Kick

awww...we are a sad bunch....but larry holden likes us

Old 06-20-2005, 02:52 AM   #298
bane
TEH PUFFY

^^LOSERS^^^

Just a joke!!!!!!!!!!!

Old man look at my life,
I'm alot like you were.
bane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 09:59 AM   #299
[ Spitfire ]
Side-Kick

HOLY BATMAN! This man, Larry Holden..is the coolest f%*($&@ person from the "biz" to ever come online. I LOVE it when actors interact with fans! not to mention, you practically OWN every post on this thread!! I LOVE that! love love love that so much, there are just some celebs who would interact, but would post only so little, but you're ONE OF US! bro.

It means to much to ME, and all of us other moviefans to see you post here with us! that's so nice of you man. Really appreciate this. Makes for a GREAT atmosphere.

I'm going to ask you some personal questions though if you dont mind.

I know that you are from Ireland, but when did you start your acting career, and when did you move out to the United States? what years..

Where do you reside these days? in United States I assume right?

- You seem like a really great person man, and I appreciate for posting here, dont forget BATMAN ON FILM, I saw your thread there, I'm "TermlnatriX" Stick around.

[ Spitfire ] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 10:22 AM   #300
Milkman95
Movie Extra

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenlantern530
Oh sweet you live near Em! Have you eber seen Dre, or 50?
Seen Eminem, been to Kid Rock's house.........