The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

Old 02-11-2018, 09:50 AM   #26
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

Default Re: What series deserve a remake or reboot?

Where are they remaking Cagney and Lacey? Do you have a link?

Dark Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 11:37 AM   #27
Doug_Moore
Side-Kick

Highlander

Doug_Moore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 11:43 AM   #28
RomanticPenguin
Jenkins 4 Superman

that 90's show?

it's been 20 years since 70's show dropped

RomanticPenguin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 12:13 PM   #29
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomanticPenguin View Post
that 90's show?

it's been 20 years since 70's show dropped
But people in the 90s would just dress like Friends or Dawson's Creek. There's not really enough in terms of a period wardrobe like there is the 70s.

Old 02-11-2018, 12:30 PM   #30
RomanticPenguin
Jenkins 4 Superman

I disagree, 90's definitely had enough style to distinguish itself

I don't think it's that important though, just want a similar vibe/atmosphere that that 70's show had

the fact it would be in the 90's shouldn't be that important, cool/funny references now and then maybe

RomanticPenguin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 04:30 PM   #31
Golgo-13
Bangers & Mash

Blade

Every morning a Lion wakes up, it knows it must outrun the slowest Gazelle, or it will starve to death.

It doesn't matter whether you're a LION or a GAZELLE when the sun comes up, you better be RUNNING!
Golgo-13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 04:55 PM   #32
Dr.
Scorpion-Kick

My vote: an old British series called The Champions - about three “super-powered” secret agents.

Synopsis by Wikipedia: During their first mission as a team, their plane crashes in the Himalayas. They are rescued by an advanced civilization living secretly in the mountains of Tibet, who save their lives, granting them perfected human abilities, including extrasensory powers to communicate with one another over distances (telepathy) and to foresee events (precognition), enhanced versions of the ordinary five senses, and intellectual and physical abilities reaching the fullest extent of human capabilities.

As I recall, it was done in a somewhat lighthearted, campy style (similar to The Avengers with Patrick Macnee). For a remake, I'd recommend losing the camp.

Dr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 05:09 PM   #33
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. View Post
My vote: an old British series called The Champions - about three “super-powered” secret agents.

Synopsis by Wikipedia: During their first mission as a team, their plane crashes in the Himalayas. They are rescued by an advanced civilization living secretly in the mountains of Tibet, who save their lives, granting them perfected human abilities, including extrasensory powers to communicate with one another over distances (telepathy) and to foresee events (precognition), enhanced versions of the ordinary five senses, and intellectual and physical abilities reaching the fullest extent of human capabilities.

As I recall, it was done in a somewhat lighthearted, campy style (similar to The Avengers with Patrick Macnee). For a remake, I'd recommend losing the camp.
Well why not have the Avengers or the Persuaders?

I'm sure an Avengers TV series would be much better than the 1998 movie. The only difficulty would be that it could be expensive to produce because it's all set in the 60s. Unless they lost that element, but then it wouldn't have the same feel.

Old 02-11-2018, 05:28 PM   #34
Dr.
Scorpion-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
Well why not have the Avengers or the Persuaders?
Well sure… But The Avengers already spawned a sequel show (The New Avengers - also with Macnee) and, as you mentioned, a feature movie. So just in terms of exploiting lesser-known properties, The Champions is due. Plus: it has super powers!

Last edited by Dr.; 02-11-2018 at 06:06 PM.
Old 02-11-2018, 05:35 PM   #35
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. View Post
Well sure… But The Avengers already spawned a sequel show (The New Adventures - also with Macnee) and, as you mentioned, a feature movie. So just in terms of exploiting lesser-known properties, The Champions is due. Plus: it has super powers!
The New Avengers you mean. They could always redo that. Steed, Purdey and Gambit.

Old 02-11-2018, 06:07 PM   #36
Dr.
Scorpion-Kick

Quote:
The New Avengers you mean. They could always redo that. Steed, Purdey and Gambit.
Yes; thank you. I have corrected my typo.

Old 02-11-2018, 11:43 PM   #37
superhero
Side-Kick

cagney and lacey reboot
http://deadline.com/2018/01/magnum-p...rs-1202270767/

superhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 03:37 AM   #38
LTuser
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaibow View Post
Airwolf would be fun, but no doubt it would be a drone.
I always liked airwolf, except for its last season.

Now one i would Love seeing not just a reboot, but a bring back, just with say "their kids" would be Quantum leep..

Another good one from the olden days i liked, was a detective show, called Manimal.. The lead actor/detective, could shape shift into certain animals.. IIRC it only lasted one season..

And if they could do the CGI better, maybe even that bike 'kitt rip off', Street hawk..

LTuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 03:54 AM   #39
Poppy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by flickchick85 View Post
Birds of Prey.
That would be nice.

Otherwise, ER.

Poppy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 05:20 AM   #40
hopeless
Side-Kick

How about a variant of the Champions where you initially discover rumours of superhumans living amongst us opening with a group of evil military trained superhumans demolishing an agency just to eliminate a suspected mole?

Rather than Tibet these are all descendants of the inhabitants of a village supposedly wiped out in what is now Northern Serbia.

Their powers are derived from generations of exposure to both a lethal parasitic fungal virus and the only means of countering it literally called a Counteragent.

The US stole 5 samples after losing god knows how many soldiers in the effort the villagers did everything they could to prevent this insanity but with the fall of Yugoslavia hiding their monstrous crime they legitimately thought they got away with it.

By 2018 they know they haven't 3 of the 5 samples have been stolen with no evidence as to whose responsible and given they haven't surfaced whether to be sold or used the recent attack leads the US to believe surviving villagers are behind the attack.

Their powers are derived from the virus they took samples of before the villagers deliberately destroyed the rest in a vain effort to stop them.

The main cast could either be surviving test subjects eventually aware they need to find a cure before the virus kills them, introduce a surviving villagers whose occasionally helping Interpol whilst waging her own personal vigilante war cue opening scenes where you see her counter crime and rescue people in danger with minimal effort to avoid revealing herself.

I recall they did something similar in the opening scene of the Champions!

So give a scientific reason for their abilities but downplay their importance with a reason why there's so few people possessing them.

hopeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 07:34 AM   #41
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

Well, I don't want a reboot or remake of this but a continuation: I want Forever to get more seasons. It went before its time. It was a good show with a great cast.

Old 02-12-2018, 01:47 PM   #42
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Lost In Space could be good. Interesting to see how that would shake out around Orville and DISCO.

I like the suggestion of the A-Team, that being sort of what Leverage and Burn Notice were spiritual successors to, I'd love to see more of that. Similarly in tone and dynamics, I think Charlie's Angels could be really cool if they knew how to have more fun with it than the Minka Kelly take. Another action-heavy show that might be cool is Six Million Dollar Man, though I suspect inflation may have increased the price of sci-fi prostetics. I think with all of those action revivals, they need to go more procedural ala Person of Interest than trying to turn Hogan's Heroes into Breaking Bad, not because it's impossible, but because part of the appeal of the show is throwbackness, and reforging it into a new cutting edge concept can easily break from the whole reason for rebooting the classic in the first place.

DrCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 12:21 PM   #43
Lord
All Mighty

Rome.

All the ideas they talked could be executed much more easily nowadays and the writers wouldn't need to skip all the important battles and moments they had to skip in the original.

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
~*SHH SIX*~
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 01:28 PM   #44
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCosmic View Post
Lost In Space could be good. Interesting to see how that would shake out around Orville and DISCO.

I like the suggestion of the A-Team, that being sort of what Leverage and Burn Notice were spiritual successors to, I'd love to see more of that. Similarly in tone and dynamics, I think Charlie's Angels could be really cool if they knew how to have more fun with it than the Minka Kelly take. Another action-heavy show that might be cool is Six Million Dollar Man, though I suspect inflation may have increased the price of sci-fi prostetics. I think with all of those action revivals, they need to go more procedural ala Person of Interest than trying to turn Hogan's Heroes into Breaking Bad, not because it's impossible, but because part of the appeal of the show is throwbackness, and reforging it into a new cutting edge concept can easily break from the whole reason for rebooting the classic in the first place.
Lost in Space already exists

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lost_i...29?wprov=sfla1

Old 02-13-2018, 07:21 PM   #45
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Quote:
Quote:
Matt Sazama and Burk Sharpless are American screenwriters, best known for writing films together, like Dracula Untold, The Last Witch Hunter, and Gods of Egypt.
Hmmm... not looking good. These guys turned Power Rangers into... something.

DrCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 07:25 AM   #46
hopeless
Side-Kick

Makes me wonder why not try something similar to Mass Effect Andromeda where they send colonists to another solar system instead of galaxy and show them dealing with the ramifications of such a trip?

What if the inhabitable world is a moon like Endor, but the main world of this star system is inhabited and has a thriving mercantile system covering multiple star systems with various other nonhuman species and this series deals with a group who are trying to re-establish contact with another human colony having to take advantage by using their ship to transport cargo to and from various systems to pay for their ships upkeep, food, water and most importantly a safe harbour making new friends and inevitably enemies who don't care for humanities existence...

Would that be a better premise for Lost In Space?

hopeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 09:07 AM   #47
_Superman_
Man Of Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golgo-13 View Post
Blade
This and Lois and Clark.

_Superman_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 09:31 AM   #48
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

Quote:
Originally Posted by superhero View Post
I see they've moved Cagney and Lacey to LA instead of New York. But NY was a part of the series before.

Who would they cast as these two? How different are they going to make them? Will there be more action than the original, which was more of a drama? Will they make one of them black just for the sake of it?