The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Iron Man > Iron Man 2

Old 05-09-2009, 11:01 AM   #351
Kirk 1701
Banned User

Default Re: Jackson Signs NINE Picture deal to play Fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillardNation View Post
It really bugs me when people scream racist when people don't like it when they change the race of a character. I'd be just as pissed if they changed The Falcon or Luke Cage to white guys.

That and I'm just not that much of a fan of Sam Jackson anymore or basing the characters off the Ultimate line for the movies.
I agree with you statement. I for one thing, refused to see this movie or any other superhero movie that has Sam Jackson as Nick Fury. I'll just stay with the X-Men, Batman, Spider-Man, Green Lantern, and Superman movies. At least these movies focus to some degree on the source material of the character. I hope that this movie turns out to be another Catwoman movie and that it does fail. Hopefully, it will fail because of Sam Jackson. Whether or not you want to admitted or not to yourself, a person's race is a very important factor in the U.S.A. I will try to convince everyone that I speak with, not to see this movie. You can call me a racist all you want, but I have the right to voice my opinion. The people that run this board may have the right to censor this paragraph, even though they may be violating my civil rights as an American citizen. They will never have the power to control my way of thinking.

Kirk 1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 11:37 AM   #352
Kirk 1701
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillardNation View Post
It really bugs me when people scream racist when people don't like it when they change the race of a character. I'd be just as pissed if they changed The Falcon or Luke Cage to white guys.

That and I'm just not that much of a fan of Sam Jackson anymore or basing the characters off the Ultimate line for the movies.
I wonder what black people would say if Hollywood made movies based on Shaft and Blade, and portrayed by white guys. You would have people like Al Sharpton and Louis Farrakhan on CNN and Fox news calling Hollywood bigots and a bunch of racists. They would state that black people should band those two movies.

Old 05-09-2009, 12:41 PM   #353
Agent 194
Class One Supervisor

I know this is not the forumm for this,...but since there's not one....three best words I've heard on the subject of the Conan movie....

RATNER OFF CONAN

Yay!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmynXHrR74w&NR

Agent 194 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 12:42 PM   #354
Infinity9999x
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk 1701 View Post
I agree with you statement. I for one thing, refused to see this movie or any other superhero movie that has Sam Jackson as Nick Fury. I'll just stay with the X-Men, Batman, Spider-Man, Green Lantern, and Superman movies. At least these movies focus to some degree on the source material of the character. I hope that this movie turns out to be another Catwoman movie and that it does fail. Hopefully, it will fail because of Sam Jackson. Whether or not you want to admitted or not to yourself, a person's race is a very important factor in the U.S.A. I will try to convince everyone that I speak with, not to see this movie. You can call me a racist all you want, but I have the right to voice my opinion. The people that run this board may have the right to censor this paragraph, even though they may be violating my civil rights as an American citizen. They will never have the power to control my way of thinking.

If you were a true fan of comic books, you would never hope that. If Avengers ends up failing, it could put a nail in the coffin for Marvel films, and you won't have any more movies from them.

And again, have you actually tried read some Ultimate stuff? It's really not that bad (especially Ultimate Spider-man). I myself find Ultimate Nick Fury more interesting than 616.

And comparing Nick Fury being played by a Black guy to Shaft being played by a white guy is completely off. Shaft is a cultural icon. People from my generation know about him and we never even watched his tv show. Fury isn't. People who aren't comic fans don't know who Nick Fury is now-a-days. Not only that, the black version of the character is very popular.

I'm only against race-changing casting when the character is an icon and it's essential to who that character is. Superman, Captain America, or Spider-man. All of them are white, and they're cultural icons. They've been portrayed as white for decades, the general public knows they're white characters, and being white has become an essential part of their characters and history. With Spider-man and Superman, they are characters that literally grew up in white middle class America. With Captain America, part of his character was being the poster boy for America in the 1940's, and because of the social issues of that time, they couldn't have used a black man in his role.

Fury doesn't have any of these hindrances. He's a black-ops special agent head. He's in a job that's color blind, and being white is not essential to his character in any way.

my veiws on Raimi's Spider-man
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
here
just scoll down

X-men Short film:
http://vimeo.com/41530049
Infinity9999x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 01:13 PM   #355
DJ Kornphlake
Side-Kick

You're better off ignoring Kirk.

DJ Kornphlake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 01:17 PM   #356
FaT_tONle
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by scatterax View Post
so lets go over all the movies he could possibly be in. there's obviously ironman 2. but after that there's IM 3, thor, captain america 1 & possibly a 2, the avengers 1& possibly 2. If they manage to do a hulk 2(please let this happen) he could be in that. and than there's ant man. (this movie, to me, is the least likely to get made) oh, and they could also decide to do a shield movie.

so, including im 2, that's a possible 10 films. am i leaving anything out?
I don't think Cap will get sequels because they can't send him back in time after he is thawed. I am thinking IM2, IM3, Avengers 1/2, Thor, Cap, SHIELD. That should cover till 2015. If Marvel reboots FF I can see him there. Or if they spinoff a minor Marvel character I can see him showing up again. Other than that, that's about it.

FaT_tONle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 01:26 PM   #357
BobJM
Who's Bad?

A Cap sequel would be after the Avengers and in present day? Why would they send him back in time?

BobJM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 01:41 PM   #358
Kirk 1701
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity9999x View Post
If you were a true fan of comic books, you would never hope that. If Avengers ends up failing, it could put a nail in the coffin for Marvel films, and you won't have any more movies from them.

And again, have you actually tried read some Ultimate stuff? It's really not that bad (especially Ultimate Spider-man). I myself find Ultimate Nick Fury more interesting than 616.

And comparing Nick Fury being played by a Black guy to Shaft being played by a white guy is completely off. Shaft is a cultural icon. People from my generation know about him and we never even watched his TV show. Fury isn't. People who aren't comic fans don't know who Nick Fury is now-a-days. Not only that, the black version of the character is very popular.

I'm only against race-changing casting when the character is an icon and it's essential to who that character is. Superman, Captain America, or Spider-man. All of them are white, and they're cultural icons. They've been portrayed as white for decades, the general public knows they're white characters, and being white has become an essential part of their characters and history. With Spider-man and Superman, they are characters that literally grew up in white middle class America. With Captain America, part of his character was being the poster boy for America in the 1940's, and because of the social issues of that time, they couldn't have used a black man in his role.

Fury doesn't have any of these hindrances. He's a black-ops special agent head. He's in a job that's color blind, and being white is not essential to his character in any way.

I agree with your statement to a degree. First, I'm hoping for Hollywood to put that nail in all Marvel movies that do not respect or honor the source material. If you go by Nick Fury's biography, do you honestly believe Ultimate Nick Fury would have moved up the chain of command in the U.S. military, in the 1940's? Remember there were segregated units of the military in World War II, so I can not see a black man having any success advancing in the military of the 1940's. He would have been an outcast in the CIA and would have never survived. Remember the Civil Rights Movement did not come bout until the 1960's and the CIA was form in 1947. I was collecting comics when the Ultimate line came out and to this day I still hate that line of comics. This may sound childless, I control what my kids read and I won't allow any Ultimate comics in my house. If we can keep all kids below the age of 18 yrs out of the theaters, this movie has no chance of success. You and the rest of the people on this board are asking everyone who collected comic books in the 1970's and 1980's to conform, and accept Sam Jackson as Nick Fury. Not gone to happen! I'm asking everyone who grew up in the 1970's and 1980's to ban this movie and for Hollywood to get their act cleaned up.

Last edited by Kirk 1701; 05-09-2009 at 02:23 PM.
Old 05-09-2009, 01:58 PM   #359
Angamb
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBX View Post
WOW.... potential for nine movies? Ironman 2/3, Thor, Cap, Avengers, thats 5 right there.... wonder what other movies Marvel is planning! lol

either way, great job Marvel!!!
I was a bit surprised too with the Nine deal....

but I doubt he appears in all the next movies...

Will they add a Nick Fury cameo in Thor and Captain America scenes after the credits, like in Ironman?

It would be repetitive....

Angamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 02:13 PM   #360
Kirk 1701
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity9999x View Post

And comparing Nick Fury being played by a Black guy to Shaft being played by a white guy is completely off. Shaft is a cultural icon. People from my generation know about him and we never even watched his tv show. Fury isn't. People who aren't comic fans don't know who Nick Fury is now-a-days. Not only that, the black version of the character is very popular.

The only way I'll see this movie is on DVD. Only if I can find the DVD in the $5 movie bin at Wal-mart. I don't want the movie to make over $30 million. Hopefully, if it makes $30 million or less, there will not be a third movie. Maybe my wish will come true, but I dout it. I want this movie to fail and I think everyone knows why.

Old 05-09-2009, 02:18 PM   #361
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme

Oh no, not him again.

ZWERG/ELF

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic

R_Hythlodeus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 02:25 PM   #362
ironman29758
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Hythlodeus View Post
Oh no, not him again.
can someone please call a mod because we are definently not dealing with this again. Kirk, I said it once and I will say it again. make your own Sam Jackson shouldn't be Nick Fury thread(including a poll that shows if they want SJ as Nick Fury or not). Please.

Ignoring what Kirk said the pictures of NF looks awsome and I can't wait to see his part in the movie. I hope he talks more about the avengers and how did the Iron Man armor influence other people to make their own Iron Man armor/steal his armor, and/or talk about Black Widow. I like how the movies include various parts of the comics from the 616 and the Ultimate Universe while making their own version(including Sam Jackson as Nick Fury)

Last edited by ironman29758; 05-09-2009 at 02:40 PM.
ironman29758 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 02:50 PM   #363
DJ Kornphlake
Side-Kick

He just PMed me:

Grow up!!! I have every right to speak my mind and voice my opinion, whether you agree with it or not. I shall not be silence by the likes of you or your liberal views.

DJ Kornphlake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 02:51 PM   #364
DeathRaven
Another soul for sale

Nine movies, like others have stated I can only think of 5 or so at the moment. Unless they have some sort of weird idea planned that we dont know about yet?

My art work
http://majorpain.deviantart.com/
DeathRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 03:00 PM   #365
ironman29758
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Kornphlake View Post

He just PMed me:

Grow up!!! I have every right to speak my mind and voice my opinion, whether you agree with it or not. I shall not be silence by the likes of you or your liberal views.

Don't worry I just PMed a Mod.

Old 05-09-2009, 03:29 PM   #366
Kirk 1701
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironman29758 View Post
can someone please call a mod because we are deficiently not dealing with this again. Kirk, I said it once and I will say it again. make your own Sam Jackson shouldn't be Nick Fury thread(including a poll that shows if they want SJ as Nick Fury or not). Please.

Ignoring what Kirk said the pictures of NF looks awesome and I can't wait to see his part in the movie. I hope he talks more about the avengers and how did the Iron Man armor influence other people to make their own Iron Man armor/steal his armor, and/or talk about Black Widow. I like how the movies include various parts of the comics from the 616 and the Ultimate Universe while making their own version(including Sam Jackson as Nick Fury)
Call a mod. I guess the mods on this website believe in censorship. I wonder how a lawyer would feel about their liberal censorship and my civil rights being violated. I didn't call anyone names or use any kind of violence. A lot people like me are not political correct, even though we are forced to be tolerant of other peoples' feelings.

Old 05-09-2009, 03:39 PM   #367
Hobgoblin
Veritas veritatum

Guys, enough with the bickering. Keep it civil or I start handing out infractions. Kirk, we do not believe in censorship but this site is not a democracy. Posters are expected to follow certain rules. As said, if you dislike Sam Jackson playing Fury, make your own thread.

Hobgoblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 04:36 PM   #368
bossman550
Side-Kick

Thank you. That Kirk guys annoying.

bossman550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 06:14 PM   #369
Hotwire
Dealin' W/ Demons

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Kornphlake View Post
You're better off ignoring Kirk.
He's on my ignore list.

Hotwire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 06:20 PM   #370
Metal Spidey
Spider-Man rules!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal'Akai View Post
Um, the nine films aren't all going to be Iron Man. There's Captain America, Thor, Avengers, and I'm sure there will be others. The nine picture deal allows them to tie more films together.
Oh. Now that I think about it, that is kinda silly. Can you imagine them trying to make 9 Iron Man films?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk 1701 View Post
I wonder what black people would say if Hollywood made movies based on Shaft and Blade, and portrayed by white guys. You would have people like Al Sharpton and Louis Farrakhan on CNN and Fox news calling Hollywood bigots and a bunch of racists. They would state that black people should band those two movies.

Not if that white guy was a bad mother--

Metal Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 06:35 PM   #371
ironman29758
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by bossman550 View Post
Thank you. That Kirk guys annoying.
agreed. I'm glad he made his own site but everyone I seee on the thread nearly disagree with him

Old 05-09-2009, 06:40 PM   #372
Hotwire
Dealin' W/ Demons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Spidey View Post
Oh. Now that I think about it, that is kinda silly. Can you imagine them trying to make 9 Iron Man films?
Only horror movies get that many sequels.

Old 05-09-2009, 07:18 PM   #373
scatterax
Presented in Technicolor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal'Akai View Post
Only horror movies get that many sequels.
well what about..... um...... let's see.... if you counted prequels x-men is getting that many almost.

oh, and isn't there like a billion star trek movies?

4) The Dark Knight Rises 5) The Incredible Hulk 6) Scott Pilgrim vs The World
7)X-Men:Days of Future Past 8) X-Men:First Class 9) Thor 10) Spider-Man 2
scatterax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 07:58 PM   #374
Shivsguy616
Side-Kick

Bond.

Shivsguy616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 08:08 PM   #375
Hotwire
Dealin' W/ Demons

Quote:
Originally Posted by scatterax View Post
well what about..... um...... let's see.... if you counted prequels x-men is getting that many almost.

oh, and isn't there like a billion star trek movies?
Like I said, horror movies.

And, yeah, Bond does have a lot of sequels.