The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Superman Sequels

View Poll Results: I will...
Definitely see the sequel. 79 63.71%
Ony see the sequel if it has more action, better costume etc.. 4 3.23%
Only see the sequel if it has no continuity w/ SR, no kid, no Richard etc.. 11 8.87%
Wait and decide based on more info. 18 14.52%
Definitely not see the sequel. 12 9.68%
Voters: 124. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-04-2007, 01:36 AM   #201
superbaby
Banned User

Default Re: where's the interest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.Steel View Post
Is it just me, or does anyone else get the feeling they just don't seem interested in making this sequel...it kinda sucks
btw, any indication in the public/ general movie goer looking for the sequel of SR?

damn, WB should really start making good buzz...

superbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 01:38 AM   #202
Showtime
Your Friend In Time

You know what is hilarious, people are criticizing Brandon for not having enough work between Returns and a proposed sequel, and because Singer is working on more movies it means the sequel is delayed or canceled.

Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 01:43 AM   #203
deathshead2
Side-Kick

I have an interest in superman. I just plotted out 3 movies to myself. Now its time to write a screenplay. Sadly no one will ever read it if I ever get it done. But the man of steel fights Mettlo(spelling) in it and Lex has Lexcorp now, and it all fits with superman returns. I still have a problem with the super-kid though. But the movie takes place during the summer so its one line of Lois saying he is at camp. Problem solved at least for the first screenplay. Im sure no one will ever read it. But I thought it was cool. It even ends with a setup for Cadmus.

Old 07-04-2007, 02:01 AM   #204
superbaby
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathshead2 View Post
I have an interest in superman. I just plotted out 3 movies to myself. Now its time to write a screenplay. Sadly no one will ever read it if I ever get it done. But the man of steel fights Mettlo(spelling) in it and Lex has Lexcorp now, and it all fits with superman returns. I still have a problem with the super-kid though. But the movie takes place during the summer so its one line of Lois saying he is at camp. Problem solved at least for the first screenplay. Im sure no one will ever read it. But I thought it was cool. It even ends with a setup for Cadmus.
cheer up!
i thought you should be happy if you manage to write and finish a story. though nobody read it.

superbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 02:04 AM   #205
deathshead2
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbaby View Post
cheer up!
i thought you should be happy if you manage to write and finish a story. though nobody read it.
At least its practice. Besides its away for me to keep busy. Before I jump on co-writing my friends ninja vs pirates movie.

Old 07-04-2007, 03:20 PM   #206
Pickle-El
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime029 View Post
You know what is hilarious, people are criticizing Brandon for not having enough work between Returns and a proposed sequel, and because Singer is working on more movies it means the sequel is delayed or canceled.
Singer's such a horrible director, various studios can't stop asking him to helm their respective projects......

Pickle-El is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 03:24 PM   #207
Excel
O-bama-ama-ama-ay-ay

Well directing does take a lot longer than producing...but singer a nice director; if i see his name on a film thats interest for me

R.I.P. Heath
Excel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 03:46 PM   #208
Qwerty©
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upper_Krust View Post
*...because we all know some gay rights movie is a bigger entity for Warner Bros. than the Superman franchise and thus MUST take precedence.
HAHAHAHA

Do you realise what you just said here?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, you bigot.

Qwerty© is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 04:36 PM   #209
Daredevil_2003
The Man Without Fear

Daredevil_2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 05:38 PM   #210
Upper_Krust
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwerty©
HAHAHAHA

Do you realise what you just said here?
Yes, a totally harmless statement. But I wouldn't put it past some SR apologist to come along and twist it into a personal attack.

Quote:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, you bigot.
ZING!

No. Try reading the words again.

Is a movie about gay rights as big a box office vehicle as the Superman franchise. No, clearly it isn't.

Nothing bigoted about the comment at all.

But it does paint an interesting picture of your character that you are so desperate to mud sling, simply because I've wrecked you in the other thread. Pathetic.

Quite frankly, you should be ashamed of yourself.

Upper_Krust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 05:41 PM   #211
Qwerty©
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upper_Krust View Post
Yes, a totally harmless statement. But I wouldn't put it past some SR apologist to come along and twist it into a personal attack.
Totally harmless? You just said that a movie about a flying man in tights is more important than a movie promoting gay rights.

Quote:
ZING!

No. Try reading the words again.

Is a movie about gay rights as big a box office vehicle as the Superman franchise. No, clearly it isn't.
That's not what you said, though.

Quote:
Nothing bigoted about the comment at all.

But it does paint an interesting picture of your character that you are so desperate to mud sling, simply because I've wrecked you in the other thread. Pathetic.
I wasn't aware you wrecked me. The truth is what you just said struck a nerve. I saw bigotry in your statement.

Quote:
Quite frankly, you should be ashamed of yourself.
I believe it's more the other way around.

Qwerty© is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 06:00 PM   #212
Daredevil_2003
The Man Without Fear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwerty© View Post
You just said that a movie about a flying man in tights is more important than a movie promoting gay rights.
That's because it is. Both from a business standpoint for WB, and from my own standpoint in that I go to the movies to be entertained. I'm usually more entertained by films like SR than some art piece with an agenda to present/advance. So therefore Superman is more important.

Daredevil_2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 06:06 PM   #213
sithgoblin
King of the Castle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickle-El View Post
Singer's such a horrible director, various studios can't stop asking him to helm their respective projects......
He's not a horrible director, but he was miscast in Superman.

As for me, I can't say I'm looking forward to any sequel in the Singerverse.

sithgoblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 06:20 PM   #214
griffolyon12
Side-Kick

I personally feel some sort of announcement is coming soon,about whether or not a sequel is happening.As for a redo like the Hulk,I don't like that idea.It's like WB saying we made a mistake and we want to know how to fix it.I think if an SR sequel is a no go they should just put Superman away for about ten years or so,and then boom bring him back with a reboot,starting from scratch.

My only fears with a redo like the Hulk is that in an attempt to make it different than SR they'll hire a filmmaker who is in no way suited to do Superman,just to get more action into the film.We could possibly end up with another Batman & Robin,or Quest for Peace.The only way I'd want another Superman film anytime soon is if it's a direct sequel to SR,if not do as I said and wait ten or so years and then bring back Superman bigger and better than ever,all it needs is the right talent.

griffolyon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 06:30 PM   #215
Upper_Krust
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwerty©
Totally harmless? You just said that a movie about a flying man in tights is more important than a movie promoting gay rights.
A Superman movie is a bigger entity for Warner Bros. A point of fact it is their biggest franchise (or should be if Singer hadn't dropped the ball).

Quote:
That's not what you said, though.
Yes it is, and everyone reading this discussion can see my exact words so you are a bare faced liar.

Quote:
I wasn't aware you wrecked me.
Only in every reply...so I can see how you'd miss it wearing those azure tinted spectacles.

Quote:
The truth is what you just said struck a nerve. I saw bigotry in your statement.
No, the truth of the matter is that you saw what you wanted to see, an opportunity to take a cheap shot. In fact you only joined in this thread to sling mud.

Of course everyone else herein had read my comments and taken them at face value without any problems.

You were the only one who saw fit to twist the meaning for your own purposes. But sadly its backfired.

Quote:
I believe it's more the other way around.
Your a disgrace and everyone here can see it.

Upper_Krust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 06:40 PM   #216
El Payaso
Banned User

*Houston, we're losing objectibity*

El Payaso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 09:57 PM   #217
C. Lee
I'm not old...I'm ancient
SHH! Administrator

Children......this is a site to DISCUSS movies....not a site for practicing your insults.

Start discussing........

C. Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 10:03 PM   #218
BruceBanner

Hey Cal, what time is it in Kentucky now?

Old 07-04-2007, 10:09 PM   #219
Mr. Socko
Side-Kick

I would like to know where the franchise is headed but it's quite difficult to be very interested in glee up to your eyeballs when you have absolutely no information on the film.

Old 07-04-2007, 10:10 PM   #220
C. Lee
I'm not old...I'm ancient
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceBanner View Post
Hey Cal, what time is it in Kentucky now?
10:10pm....and storming.

C. Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 10:12 PM   #221
BruceBanner

That sucks. Haven't really had any storms here in Dublin, but it hasn't stopped pissing down all bloody summer.

Old 07-04-2007, 10:19 PM   #222
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

I think the main lack of fan interest now is simply down to no confirmation from WB on what is happening

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjbull23 View Post
The longer WB wait to release an official announcement, the more I am inclined to believe the rumor floating around about their interest in gauging Hulk 08's numbers and using that data as a barometer in determining whether they release MOS.
This seems like a possibility,if WB are weighing up whether to do a sequel or quasi reboot then TIH will be a good gauge on how well a reboot so soon goes down with the audience

Old 07-04-2007, 10:21 PM   #223
Showtime
Your Friend In Time

I don't believe that WB is waiting for HULK, but if the sequel is delayed past that point I am sure they will keep their eyes peeled and their ears to the ground.

Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 10:26 PM   #224
BruceBanner

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter rider View Post
quasi reboot
Oh Good God, spare us from a "quasi" reboot, whatever the **** that means.

Old 07-05-2007, 11:24 AM   #225
M.O.Steel
Wayne Inc. Tech Support

guys, take it easy...no need for arguements...unless its involving the movie/sequel.

Singer is NOT a bad director. The movie just sucked. He wasn't even miscast for the movie, because with his track record of x-men and usual suspect, i thought he would bring forth an amazing movie.

M.O.Steel is offline   Reply With Quote