Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Misc. Comics Films

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2018, 12:54 PM   #701
Drizzle
I got my cake.

Default Re: Superhero Cinematic Civil War - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flint Marko View Post
I'd like for what Slugzilla says to be true, including them possibly canning Dark Pheonix. I doubt that'll happen but we'll see.
I'm of two minds about it. On the one hand, if this Fox/Disney merger happens (and it probably will), Dark Phoenix will just be a pointless afterthought to the X-Men series since we all know Marvel Studios will reboot that franchise. I'm also not fond about them taking yet another time jump without aging the actors up at all. I doubt there'd be that much protest if it were canned.

On the other hand, I have really enjoyed McAvoy and Fassbender as Xavier and Magneto and I'd like to see them finish out those roles on a strong note after the disappointing Apocalypse.

I think Dark Phoenix will see release, though. They've already filmed the thing and have poured a lot of money into it so it'll probably see the light of day, even if it is the last Fox X-Men film (not including New Mutants, which'll probably just be a one-off or whatever's next for Deadpool).

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA_Champion View Post
It will be so ironic if Venom doesn't suck.
I think worst case scenario with Venom is that it sucks, but Tom Hardy turns in a good performance. I've yet to see him phone anything in. But best case scenario is Venom turns out to be like Rise of the Planet of the Apes, which had horrible trailers but the final product turned out to be quite the opposite.

Old 07-12-2018, 01:47 PM   #702
James.B
In search of the absurd

Old 07-12-2018, 02:08 PM   #703
Spider-Aziz
Death Match Taunt

I'm guessing that Duncan Jones has something that has nothing to do with superheroes in mind.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizzle View Post
I think worst case scenario with Venom is that it sucks, but Tom Hardy turns in a good performance. I've yet to see him phone anything in. But best case scenario is Venom turns out to be like Rise of the Planet of the Apes, which had horrible trailers but the final product turned out to be quite the opposite.
I'd like to be excited for this possibility....
But I feel very drained of enthusiasm.

YOUTUBE
Michael Keaton's Batman is the ASMR master of superheroes.

The internet: You formed your personal opinion and liked something popular? You are part of the herd. You like something new and unpopular? Cult of the new.
Old 07-12-2018, 02:35 PM   #704
Deck Rickard
HOLY F***, BATMAN!

After Warcrap and Mute, it's hard to get excited about Duncan Jones directing anything.

Old 07-12-2018, 03:03 PM   #705
Man in the Suit
Greeting

I hope it's nothing I like. Duncan Jones is pretty much a hack and is only where he's at because his dad is David Bowie.

Old 07-12-2018, 03:04 PM   #706
Kane52630
Just Some Nut

A hack who made Moon and Source Code... right.

Old 07-12-2018, 03:40 PM   #707
I Am The Knight
Infinity

Most people don't use the word "hack" properly.

Old 07-12-2018, 04:02 PM   #708
chamber-music
Infinity Ammo

I'm guessing he is making a DC movie or a Fox movie or a Sony Valiant/Spidey spin off movie that will be announced at Comic Con.

I don't see him making a Marvel studios film.

Old 07-12-2018, 04:08 PM   #709
Spider-Aziz
Death Match Taunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
I'm guessing he is making a DC movie or a Fox movie or a Sony Valiant/Spidey spin off movie that will be announced at Comic Con.

I don't see him making a Marvel studios film.
Speaking of Valiant; I wonder when will they finally launch one of the movies under the Valiant Comics brand.

YOUTUBE

The internet: You formed your personal opinion and liked something popular? You are part of the herd. You like something new and unpopular? Cult of the new.
Old 07-12-2018, 04:21 PM   #710
Flint Marko
Bring me Thanos

Looks like Black Widow found it's director:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...rtland-1126708

Quote:
Marvel Studios’ Black Widow standalone movie has its director.

Cate Shortland, the Australian director perhaps best known for the Nazi drama Lore, has signed on to direct Black Widow, Marvel’s action-adventure project that will star Scarlett Johansson.

The move caps off a search that lasted over half a year as Marvel met with over 70 or 75 directors in order to find its ideal candidate. A female filmmaker was the priority even as the search stalled at one point and the studio looked at male directors.

The hunt narrowed in June with Amma Asante (Belle, A United Kingdom) and Maggie Betts (Novitiate) being the finalists with Shortland. Melanie Laurent (Galveston) and Kimberly Pierce (Boys Don't Cry) were also in the next-to-final mix.

Shortland, who hails from Australia and does not have agency representation, had a fan in Johansson, who pushed for the helmer. The actress admired Shortland’s handling of the female lead in Lore, a critically acclaimed 2012 drama that told of a young woman who leads her siblings through Germany as the Allied army rolls in. Her most recent film was Berlin Syndrome, a 2017 thriller that starred Teresa Palmer.

Jac Schaeffer wrote the most recent draft for Widow. She also wrote the upcoming female-centric remake of Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, Nasty Women.

Johansson’s Widow is reportedly set before the events of the first Avengers movie and sees the actress reprise the Russian spy-turned-super heroine. The movie will be Marvel’s second female-centric movie after Captain Marvel, which is due to open March 8, 2019.

Old 07-12-2018, 04:25 PM   #711
Spider-Aziz
Death Match Taunt

Will that be Scarlett Johansson's eighth film as Natasha Romanoff?

YOUTUBE

Old 07-12-2018, 04:27 PM   #712
Flint Marko
Bring me Thanos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Aziz View Post
Will that be Scarlett Johansson's eighth film as Natasha Romanoff?
Indeed it would be.

About time.

Old 07-12-2018, 04:38 PM   #713
Drizzle
I got my cake.

Okay, so I assume Black Widow must be the second Marvel Studios film in 2020 if they've got a director now.

I'm still really hoping that it's a prequel, though. No matter what Avengers 4 brings for the character, I don't know how threatening any villain can be to Natasha after she's gone up against the army of Thanos. But that's also just my wishful thinking that I want a movie about when she was still on the wrong side of SHIELD leading to her missions with Hawkeye (Budapest) before we met her in Iron Man 2. Scarlett still looks more or less the same as she did eight years ago so it's not out of the question.

It's impossible to tell right now, and we might not know until after Avengers 4 is out (in the unlikely event that she dies in that movie) but given the director's previous credits, maybe a prequel showing Black Widow's darker days is what we're in for?

Old 07-12-2018, 04:39 PM   #714
Flint Marko
Bring me Thanos

Quote:
Okay, so I assume Black Widow must be the second Marvel Studios film in 2020 if they've got a director now.

I'm still really hoping that it's a prequel, though. No matter what Avengers 4 brings for the character, I don't know how threatening any villain can be to Natasha after she's gone up against the army of Thanos. But that's also just my wishful thinking that I want a movie about when she was still on the wrong side of SHIELD leading to her missions with Hawkeye (Budapest) before we met her in Iron Man 2. Scarlett still looks more or less the same as she did eight years ago.

It's impossible to tell right now, and we might not know until after Avengers 4 is out (in the unlikely event that she dies in that movie) but given the director's previous credits, maybe a prequel showing Black Widow's darker days is what we're in for?
Per that THR article:

Quote:
Johansson’s Widow is reportedly set before the events of the first Avengers movie and sees the actress reprise the Russian spy-turned-super heroine.

Old 07-12-2018, 04:40 PM   #715
BaelaTargaryen
Side-Kick

Rumor says that Duncan Jones will direct a DC film. DCEU fans are triggered by that because Jones mocked Snyder in the past.

Old 07-12-2018, 04:41 PM   #716
Drizzle
I got my cake.

Quote:
Per that THR article:
Oh, good! I also need to start reading the entire article before getting ahead of myself.

Now I'm hoping they bring Renner into the fold also since he's gotten the shaft in the MCU for the most part.

Old 07-12-2018, 04:43 PM   #717
Erzengel
|-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

I've stated, I'm not sure here how a Black Widow spy movie would work if it was set after the events of the Avengers and TWS when she was essentially "outed" as a superhero.

Hope we get Fury and Hawkeye involved.

Old 07-12-2018, 04:50 PM   #718
Kane52630
Just Some Nut

I wouldn't be surprised if they use this as the main plotline or at the very least the opening scene.

Quote:
In 1998, a young Russian assassin codenamed Black Widow, started to appear on S.H.I.E.L.D.'s radar as a threat to global security. Fury then assigned Barton to Russia where he would carry out the assassination. Four days later, Barton arrived in Russia and tracked down Black Widow and confronted her. However, instead of killing her, he opted to let her live, seeing her potential as a good person, giving her the chance to work for S.H.I.E.L.D.. Barton would discover her true name, Natasha Romanoff and the two would work closely. Romanoff was seen as Barton's counterpart and the relationship between the two developed into a lasting partnership. Together, they ran tactical missions in Budapest, Abidjan and many other locations where they would always be successful, despite never having an extraction plan. The pair became so close that Romanoff was the only other person Barton told about his family. She became a close family friend to them, and adopted an aunt-like relationship with their children

Old 07-12-2018, 04:52 PM   #719
Sithborg
Oooh, plot twist!

I weep that this was never made. A mashup of 60's Japanese and American cheese would've been something to remember.

Old 07-12-2018, 06:06 PM   #720
Mandon Knight
The Re-Generation Game

Anyone thinking of making a 2018 SDCC thread ?

Old 07-12-2018, 06:16 PM   #721
Drizzle
I got my cake.

If you want to, go for it. I'm trying to remember if there's been an all-encompassing SDCC thread here. Usually the panels for movies and shows are discussed in whatever forum/thread it pertains to.

Old 07-12-2018, 06:18 PM   #722
Mandon Knight
The Re-Generation Game

Quote:
If you want to, go for it. I'm trying to remember if there's been an all-encompassing SDCC thread here. Usually the panels for movies and shows are discussed in whatever forum/thread it pertains to.
Ok, will do, one place for all type thing, news, interviews, stills, that kind of fun & japes.

Old 07-12-2018, 06:30 PM   #723
Zarex
Side-Kick

I'm disappointed that the Black Widow flick is a prequel and was hoping Disney would have changed directions after Solo disappointed. MCU movies drew in audiences by driving the story forward, not looking back to the past.

I wanted to see a retired Natasha forced to leave her comfortable life after a former colleague restarts Red Room. Kinda like Taken with a short, pretty lady filling the Liam Neeson role. Oh well, I'll catch this one on Disneyflix.

Old 07-12-2018, 06:30 PM   #724
Speed Force
Your phone's charged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if they use this as the main plotline or at the very least the opening scene.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erzengel View Post
I've stated, I'm not sure here how a Black Widow spy movie would work if it was set after the events of the Avengers and TWS when she was essentially "outed" as a superhero.

Hope we get Fury and Hawkeye involved.
That'd be cool. I'd prefer a prequel, I think there's more to be done there and I kinda hope
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Ghost pops up as well. It'd make sense after Ant-Man and the Wasp

Fury, Hawkeye, even Winter Soldier could pop up.

Quote:

I'm still really hoping that it's a prequel, though. No matter what Avengers 4 brings for the character, I don't know how threatening any villain can be to Natasha after she's gone up against the army of Thanos. But that's also just my wishful thinking that I want a movie about when she was still on the wrong side of SHIELD leading to her missions with Hawkeye (Budapest) before we met her in Iron Man 2. Scarlett still looks more or less the same as she did eight years ago so it's not out of the question.

Yep. Guardians 3 in May of 2020, July will be Widow and then probably Doctor Strange 2 in Nov of 2020. I think that's a pretty safe bet. The first two are practically confirmed.

Quote:
Per that THR article:
A prequel seems likely but Variety mentioned that plot details were unknown and there is a chance it could be after Avengers 4.

Old 07-12-2018, 06:32 PM   #725
Mandon Knight
The Re-Generation Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandon Knight View Post
Ok, will do, one place for all type thing, news, interviews, stills, that kind of fun & japes.
It's here....

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=543497

Closed Thread