The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Marvel's The Avengers

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2014, 04:17 AM   #201
Zionite1
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,596
Default Re: What people DIDN'T like from The Avenger ........Spoilers - Part 2

Movie was really enjoyable but it had flaws.

1.Non threateninng Alien army
2.Inconsitency with regards to Banners Control of the Hulk.
3.Caps terrible costume.

Zionite1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 07:21 AM   #202
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled
 
Silvermoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Comfortably between Loki,WinterSoldier & Daredevil
Posts: 5,272
Default Re: What people DIDN'T like from The Avenger ........Spoilers - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zionite1 View Post
Movie was really enjoyable but it had flaws.

1.Non threateninng Alien army
2.Inconsitency with regards to Banners Control of the Hulk.
3.Caps terrible costume.
Just curious how you find it inconsistent? Just because he can have controlled Hulk outs (resulting in a more in control Hulk, or at least one that can be better 'aimed'), if he chooses, doesn't mean that events can't still happen to force him into an uncontrolled/against his will Hulk out (resulting in a rampaging Hulk). On the helicarrier, an explosion threw him out a window and down the equivalent of a story or two, injuring Banner (possibly even knocking the Banner persona out) resulting in an uncontrolled Hulk out - ergo rampaging Hulk. In New York, Banner wanted to change into the Hulk, he was in control of it, so Hulk's destruction could be better aimed.

I didn't see it as an inconsistency at all as the situations resulting in him hulking out aren't the same.

__________________
Hill: Then aliens invaded New York & were beaten back, by among others, a giant green monster, a costumed hero from the 40's...and a god.
Ward: I don't think Thor is technically a god.
Hill: Well...you haven't been near his arms.
~Agents of SHIELD
Silvermoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 07:35 AM   #203
Zionite1
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,596
Default Re: What people DIDN'T like from The Avenger ........Spoilers - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermoon View Post
Just curious how you find it inconsistent? Just because he can have controlled Hulk outs (resulting in a more in control Hulk, or at least one that can be better 'aimed'), if he chooses, doesn't mean that events can't still happen to force him into an uncontrolled/against his will Hulk out (resulting in a rampaging Hulk). On the helicarrier, an explosion threw him out a window and down the equivalent of a story or two, injuring Banner (possibly even knocking the Banner persona out) resulting in an uncontrolled Hulk out - ergo rampaging Hulk. In New York, Banner wanted to change into the Hulk, he was in control of it, so Hulk's destruction could be better aimed.

I didn't see it as an inconsistency at all as the situations resulting in him hulking out aren't the same.

None of that was explained in the Avengers movie.None of it.You have to make your own logic with regards to Hulk control because nothing is provided in the movie. Theres the inconsitency

Zionite1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 07:51 AM   #204
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled
 
Silvermoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Comfortably between Loki,WinterSoldier & Daredevil
Posts: 5,272
Default Re: What people DIDN'T like from The Avenger ........Spoilers - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zionite1 View Post
None of that was explained in the Avengers movie.None of it.You have to make your own logic with regards to Hulk control because nothing is provided in the movie. Theres the inconsitency
Different opinions then. I thought, given what was shown, that there's enough there to allow the audience to make reasonable inference/them giving exposition to explain it wasn't needed.

__________________
Hill: Then aliens invaded New York & were beaten back, by among others, a giant green monster, a costumed hero from the 40's...and a god.
Ward: I don't think Thor is technically a god.
Hill: Well...you haven't been near his arms.
~Agents of SHIELD
Silvermoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 08:15 AM   #205
Zionite1
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,596
Default Re: What people DIDN'T like from The Avenger ........Spoilers - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermoon View Post
Different opinions then. I thought, given what was shown, that there's enough there to allow the audience to make reasonable inference/them giving exposition to explain it wasn't needed.
Considering many others complained about the same thing they clearly didnt.

Still a 9/10 movie though

Zionite1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 03:44 PM   #206
Chance Jackson
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,249
Default Re: What people DIDN'T like from The Avenger ........Spoilers - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zionite1 View Post
Movie was really enjoyable but it had flaws.

1.Non threateninng Alien army
2.Inconsitency with regards to Banners Control of the Hulk.
3.Caps terrible costume.
all of this lol

Chance Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 10:54 AM   #207
Victarion
Iron Captain
 
Victarion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 20,513
Default Re: What people DIDN'T like from The Avenger ........Spoilers - Part 2

CGI alien army. Prosthetics like the orcs in The Two Towers would've been great! Also, the theme about the balance of power in a world of heroes...I would like to have seen that given more of a focus, the driving theme of the movie. That's the one thing I feel it really lacks, and probably what I dislike most about The Avengers.

__________________
Goku Lands on Namek CEO
...no king but the King in the North whose name is BRADY...

Last edited by Victarion; 11-21-2014 at 06:24 PM.
Victarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 08:39 AM   #208
MakeMinesMarvel
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 2,450
Default Re: What people DIDN'T like from The Avenger ........Spoilers - Part 2

I hate when heroes neet they hsve to fight each other. Took to much time to actually get these guys in the same page finally.

MakeMinesMarvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 12:54 AM   #209
ObakeTora
vThe "real" Ghost-Tiger!v
 
ObakeTora's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 3,526
Default Re: What people DIDN'T like from The Avenger ........Spoilers - Part 2

Caps fight choreographry, he wasn't as convincing as Winter Soldier. I wish they would have respected tradition by casting the original Avengers because alot of times it just seemed like Tony Stark and his

it seemed at times Cap was sorely underused, and I wish they would have waited to use him in a future film.

ObakeTora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 07:51 PM   #210
Herofan
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 537
Default Re: What people DIDN'T like from The Avenger ........Spoilers - Part 2

I admit to not being a big fan of the Avengers comic book characters but the main thing that bothered me in the movie was that the Hulk felt really forced in and I especially disliked that after he seemed to have become villainous he suddenly is treated as and is expected to be regarded as a beloved and reliable hero.

Herofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 07:37 AM   #211
4thWallBreaker
Banned User
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Pangea
Posts: 770
Default Re: What people DIDN'T like from The Avenger ........Spoilers - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zionite1 View Post
Movie was really enjoyable but it had flaws.

1.Non threateninng Alien army
2.Inconsitency with regards to Banners Control of the Hulk.
3.Caps terrible costume.
Spot on. Adding to #1, I thought that it was quite convenient that once "unplugged" from the mothership via its distruction that the Chitauri would just keel over. Lame. They're biological. I didn't understand that.

Also adding to number one, only a hundred killed by the giant invasion. The giant wyrm like thing that crashed into buildings would've stacked hundreds, if not a thousand. Then you have the Chitauri shooting all willy-nilly, and so it should be a lot higher death toll.

4thWallBreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 11:14 AM   #212
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled
 
Silvermoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Comfortably between Loki,WinterSoldier & Daredevil
Posts: 5,272
Default Re: What people DIDN'T like from The Avenger ........Spoilers - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thWallBreaker View Post
Spot on. Adding to #1, I thought that it was quite convenient that once "unplugged" from the mothership via its distruction that the Chitauri would just keel over. Lame. They're biological. I didn't understand that.

Also adding to number one, only a hundred killed by the giant invasion. The giant wyrm like thing that crashed into buildings would've stacked hundreds, if not a thousand. Then you have the Chitauri shooting all willy-nilly, and so it should be a lot higher death toll.
Even Joss acknowledged that the "kill the queen bee, kill the drones" ending was a cop out and it bothered him that he needed to resort to it. However he felt it had to be done because otherwise he felt the sense of triumph would be lost if you then have to have the Avengers continuing to fight (for who knows how long) against the remaining forces.

As for your add on, where's the indication that 'only a hundred' were killed by the invasion? I don't recall any numbers of casualties being stated not even during the 'news montage' at the end

__________________
Hill: Then aliens invaded New York & were beaten back, by among others, a giant green monster, a costumed hero from the 40's...and a god.
Ward: I don't think Thor is technically a god.
Hill: Well...you haven't been near his arms.
~Agents of SHIELD
Silvermoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 04:05 PM   #213
4thWallBreaker
Banned User
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Pangea
Posts: 770
Default Re: What people DIDN'T like from The Avenger ........Spoilers - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermoon View Post
Even Joss acknowledged that the "kill the queen bee, kill the drones" ending was a cop out and it bothered him that he needed to resort to it. However he felt it had to be done because otherwise he felt the sense of triumph would be lost if you then have to have the Avengers continuing to fight (for who knows how long) against the remaining forces.

As for your add on, where's the indication that 'only a hundred' were killed by the invasion? I don't recall any numbers of casualties being stated not even during the 'news montage' at the end
http://www.comicvine.com/forums/gen-...ngers-1663407/

Daredevil, baby! Good ol'Ben Urich. Plus creators of The Avengers announced that very same thing before the show in a Q&A.

4thWallBreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 05:18 PM   #214
Flint Marko
Bring me Thanos
 
Flint Marko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 15,357
Default Re: What people DIDN'T like from The Avenger ........Spoilers - Part 2

The seemingly small amount of casualties revealed in a blink-and-you-miss-it headline in an ancillary MCU installment really detracts from the realism of giant green monsters, aliens, Gods and enhanced supermen.

__________________
Quote:
"Kevin Fiege built this in a cave! With a box of scraps!."
Flint Marko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 07:06 PM   #215
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled
 
Silvermoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Comfortably between Loki,WinterSoldier & Daredevil
Posts: 5,272
Default Re: What people DIDN'T like from The Avenger ........Spoilers - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thWallBreaker View Post
http://www.comicvine.com/forums/gen-...ngers-1663407/

Daredevil, baby! Good ol'Ben Urich. Plus creators of The Avengers announced that very same thing before the show in a Q&A.
That headline says 'hundreds' (plural). That means it can be anywhere from 200 to even 999 people. Not 'only a hundred' (as you initially claimed)

Do you have a link to the Q&A?

__________________
Hill: Then aliens invaded New York & were beaten back, by among others, a giant green monster, a costumed hero from the 40's...and a god.
Ward: I don't think Thor is technically a god.
Hill: Well...you haven't been near his arms.
~Agents of SHIELD
Silvermoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 07:13 PM   #216
4thWallBreaker
Banned User
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Pangea
Posts: 770
Default Re: What people DIDN'T like from The Avenger ........Spoilers - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermoon View Post
That headline says 'hundreds' (plural). That means it can be anywhere from 200 to even 999 people. Not 'only a hundred' (as you initially claimed)

Do you have a link to the Q&A?
I looked for it. I can't find it. I do remember creators saying so. Maybe not Whedon, but Feige or someone.

4thWallBreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 06:39 AM   #217
Steamteck
Side-Kick
 
Steamteck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 1,362
Default Re: What people DIDN'T like from The Avenger ........Spoilers - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zionite1 View Post
None of that was explained in the Avengers movie.None of it.You have to make your own logic with regards to Hulk control because nothing is provided in the movie. Theres the inconsitency
Seemed obvious to me.

__________________
It isn't that there are too many idiots in the world, its the lightning is improperly distributed
Mark Twain
Steamteck is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:59 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of Mandatory Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2018 All Rights Reserved.