The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Marvel's The Avengers

Old 11-05-2014, 04:17 AM   #201
Zionite1
Side-Kick

Default Re: What people DIDN'T like from The Avenger ........Spoilers - Part 2

Movie was really enjoyable but it had flaws.

1.Non threateninng Alien army
2.Inconsitency with regards to Banners Control of the Hulk.
3.Caps terrible costume.

Zionite1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 07:21 AM   #202
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zionite1 View Post

3.Caps terrible costume.
Just curious how you find it inconsistent? Just because he can have controlled Hulk outs (resulting in a more in control Hulk, or at least one that can be better 'aimed'), if he chooses, doesn't mean that events can't still happen to force him into an uncontrolled/against his will Hulk out (resulting in a rampaging Hulk). On the helicarrier, an explosion threw him out a window and down the equivalent of a story or two, injuring Banner (possibly even knocking the Banner persona out) resulting in an uncontrolled Hulk out - ergo rampaging Hulk. In New York, Banner wanted to change into the Hulk, he was in control of it, so Hulk's destruction could be better aimed.

I didn't see it as an inconsistency at all as the situations resulting in him hulking out aren't the same.

~Agents of SHIELD
Silvermoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 07:35 AM   #203
Zionite1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermoon View Post
Just curious how you find it inconsistent? Just because he can have controlled Hulk outs (resulting in a more in control Hulk, or at least one that can be better 'aimed'), if he chooses, doesn't mean that events can't still happen to force him into an uncontrolled/against his will Hulk out (resulting in a rampaging Hulk). On the helicarrier, an explosion threw him out a window and down the equivalent of a story or two, injuring Banner (possibly even knocking the Banner persona out) resulting in an uncontrolled Hulk out - ergo rampaging Hulk. In New York, Banner wanted to change into the Hulk, he was in control of it, so Hulk's destruction could be better aimed.

I didn't see it as an inconsistency at all as the situations resulting in him hulking out aren't the same.

None of that was explained in the Avengers movie.None of it.You have to make your own logic with regards to Hulk control because nothing is provided in the movie. Theres the inconsitency

Old 11-06-2014, 07:51 AM   #204
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

Quote:
None of that was explained in the Avengers movie.None of it.You have to make your own logic with regards to Hulk control because nothing is provided in the movie. Theres the inconsitency
Different opinions then. I thought, given what was shown, that there's enough there to allow the audience to make reasonable inference/them giving exposition to explain it wasn't needed.

~Agents of SHIELD
Old 11-06-2014, 08:15 AM   #205
Zionite1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Different opinions then. I thought, given what was shown, that there's enough there to allow the audience to make reasonable inference/them giving exposition to explain it wasn't needed.
Considering many others complained about the same thing they clearly didnt.

Still a 9/10 movie though

Old 11-15-2014, 03:44 PM   #206
Chance Jackson
Side-Kick

Quote:

3.Caps terrible costume.
all of this lol

Chance Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 10:54 AM   #207
Victarion
Iron Captain

CGI alien army. Prosthetics like the orcs in The Two Towers would've been great! Also, the theme about the balance of power in a world of heroes...I would like to have seen that given more of a focus, the driving theme of the movie. That's the one thing I feel it really lacks, and probably what I dislike most about The Avengers.

Last edited by Victarion; 11-21-2014 at 06:24 PM.
Victarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 08:39 AM   #208
MakeMinesMarvel
Banned User

I hate when heroes neet they hsve to fight each other. Took to much time to actually get these guys in the same page finally.

MakeMinesMarvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 12:54 AM   #209
ObakeTora
vThe "real" Ghost-Tiger!v

Caps fight choreographry, he wasn't as convincing as Winter Soldier. I wish they would have respected tradition by casting the original Avengers because alot of times it just seemed like Tony Stark and his

it seemed at times Cap was sorely underused, and I wish they would have waited to use him in a future film.

ObakeTora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 07:51 PM   #210
Herofan
Side-Kick

I admit to not being a big fan of the Avengers comic book characters but the main thing that bothered me in the movie was that the Hulk felt really forced in and I especially disliked that after he seemed to have become villainous he suddenly is treated as and is expected to be regarded as a beloved and reliable hero.

Herofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 07:37 AM   #211
4thWallBreaker
Banned User

Quote:

3.Caps terrible costume.
Spot on. Adding to #1, I thought that it was quite convenient that once "unplugged" from the mothership via its distruction that the Chitauri would just keel over. Lame. They're biological. I didn't understand that.

Also adding to number one, only a hundred killed by the giant invasion. The giant wyrm like thing that crashed into buildings would've stacked hundreds, if not a thousand. Then you have the Chitauri shooting all willy-nilly, and so it should be a lot higher death toll.

4thWallBreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 11:14 AM   #212
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thWallBreaker View Post
Spot on. Adding to #1, I thought that it was quite convenient that once "unplugged" from the mothership via its distruction that the Chitauri would just keel over. Lame. They're biological. I didn't understand that.

Also adding to number one, only a hundred killed by the giant invasion. The giant wyrm like thing that crashed into buildings would've stacked hundreds, if not a thousand. Then you have the Chitauri shooting all willy-nilly, and so it should be a lot higher death toll.
Even Joss acknowledged that the "kill the queen bee, kill the drones" ending was a cop out and it bothered him that he needed to resort to it. However he felt it had to be done because otherwise he felt the sense of triumph would be lost if you then have to have the Avengers continuing to fight (for who knows how long) against the remaining forces.

As for your add on, where's the indication that 'only a hundred' were killed by the invasion? I don't recall any numbers of casualties being stated not even during the 'news montage' at the end

~Agents of SHIELD
Old 02-06-2016, 04:05 PM   #213
4thWallBreaker
Banned User

Quote:
Even Joss acknowledged that the "kill the queen bee, kill the drones" ending was a cop out and it bothered him that he needed to resort to it. However he felt it had to be done because otherwise he felt the sense of triumph would be lost if you then have to have the Avengers continuing to fight (for who knows how long) against the remaining forces.

As for your add on, where's the indication that 'only a hundred' were killed by the invasion? I don't recall any numbers of casualties being stated not even during the 'news montage' at the end
http://www.comicvine.com/forums/gen-...ngers-1663407/

Daredevil, baby! Good ol'Ben Urich. Plus creators of The Avengers announced that very same thing before the show in a Q&A.

Old 02-06-2016, 05:18 PM   #214
Flint Marko
Bring me Thanos

The seemingly small amount of casualties revealed in a blink-and-you-miss-it headline in an ancillary MCU installment really detracts from the realism of giant green monsters, aliens, Gods and enhanced supermen.

Old 02-06-2016, 07:06 PM   #215
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thWallBreaker View Post
http://www.comicvine.com/forums/gen-...ngers-1663407/

Daredevil, baby! Good ol'Ben Urich. Plus creators of The Avengers announced that very same thing before the show in a Q&A.
That headline says 'hundreds' (plural). That means it can be anywhere from 200 to even 999 people. Not 'only a hundred' (as you initially claimed)

Do you have a link to the Q&A?

~Agents of SHIELD
Old 02-06-2016, 07:13 PM   #216
4thWallBreaker
Banned User

Quote:
That headline says 'hundreds' (plural). That means it can be anywhere from 200 to even 999 people. Not 'only a hundred' (as you initially claimed)

Do you have a link to the Q&A?
I looked for it. I can't find it. I do remember creators saying so. Maybe not Whedon, but Feige or someone.

Old 02-22-2016, 06:39 AM   #217
Steamteck
Side-Kick

Quote:
Seemed obvious to me.