The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Microsoft

Old 04-27-2015, 08:58 AM   #101
Prep Time
Banned User

Default Re: Microsoft Studios acquires rights to Gears of War franchise

One month its a Gears 3 remake. A month or so later. Its a Gears 1 remake. They should just tell us wtf is going on

Prep Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 09:02 AM   #102
Tron Bonne
All Ass, No Sass

I don't recall hearing any rumors of a Gears 3 remaster. I've only heard the one about the Marcus Fenix Collection that got shot down, and now this about the original game. Sure you're not getting confused with God of War III, you know, the other GOW.

"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days.
Tron Bonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 11:58 AM   #103
Prep Time
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tron Bonne View Post
I don't recall hearing any rumors of a Gears 3 remaster. I've only heard the one about the Marcus Fenix Collection that got shot down, and now this about the original game. Sure you're not getting confused with God of War III, you know, the other GOW.
There was rumors awhile back with Gears Of War 3 stuff. Before my time here on other sites. This whole thing is getting silly now

Old 04-27-2015, 01:35 PM   #104
m4st4
Bat-Boy 1987

I just want my Gears 3 remake. Oh and that last one, forgot the name, but always seemed cool enough.

Old 04-27-2015, 01:37 PM   #105
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prep Time View Post
There was rumors awhile back with Gears Of War 3 stuff. Before my time here on other sites. This whole thing is getting silly now
Are you going to blame them for rumours started by other people?

Old 04-27-2015, 01:38 PM   #106
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4st4 View Post
I just want my Gears 3 remake. Oh and that last one, forgot the name, but always seemed cool enough.
You want a remake of Judgment? Doubt that happens as it didn't do well in the first place (unlike the other 3 games).

Old 04-27-2015, 02:18 PM   #107
m4st4
Bat-Boy 1987

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
You want a remake of Judgment? Doubt that happens as it didn't do well in the first place (unlike the other 3 games).
Yes! Too lazy to google I guess... Judgement, if they're doing collection they better go all in. And do it right (ahem*343*ahem).

Old 04-27-2015, 02:24 PM   #108
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4st4 View Post
Yes! Too lazy to google I guess... Judgement, if they're doing collection they better go all in. And do it right (ahem*343*ahem).
I don't think they are doing a collection (at least Ferguson denied it for what it's worth), but they will probably eventually do 2 & 3. Assuming 1 sells well that is. I don't think many would be interested in the multiplayer from that game but I wouldn't mind doing the campaign again and Overrun was fun.

Old 04-27-2015, 05:48 PM   #109
Prep Time
Banned User

For me its gotta be all or nothing. 1 - 3 is also not so bad. But one old ass game at most likely $60 ? Come on now

Old 05-09-2015, 04:11 PM   #110
Tron Bonne
All Ass, No Sass

http://gematsu.com/2015/05/gears-war...n-rated-brazil

Gears of War: Ultimate Edition has been rated in Brazil.

"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days.
Old 05-09-2015, 08:09 PM   #111
Benstamania
Go away.

Yeah I have zero interest in just Gears.

Old 05-09-2015, 08:24 PM   #112
Blackman
C'mon Son

I have zero interest in any of them being remastered.

I dont get why everyone is excited/thinks a big deal for a game, especially from a generation ago gets remastered.

Blackman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 01:55 AM   #113
TX85
Banned User

I wanted a remastered collection of all of the games a few months ago but after getting the Master Chief Collection,I'm over remasteres of games that I had or fully played before.

The MCC is great and the difference is amazing but I just lost interest really fast. If it's a remaster of a game I never got to play then yeah maybe but for games I had before..They'd probably have to be NES-Sega-N64-PS2 games and the quality difference would have to be like Halo-Halo 2 CE

TX85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 09:05 AM   #114
Blackman
C'mon Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX85 View Post
I wanted a remastered collection of all of the games a few months ago but after getting the Master Chief Collection,I'm over remasteres of games that I had or fully played before.

The MCC is great and the difference is amazing but I just lost interest really fast. If it's a remaster of a game I never got to play then yeah maybe but for games I had before..They'd probably have to be NES-Sega-N64-PS2 games and the quality difference would have to be like Halo-Halo 2 CE
That's it for me.

Old 05-10-2015, 11:57 AM   #115
Benstamania
Go away.

I get excited because I tend to trade up. I sell my system and games. Now with the X1,WiiU and PS4 I'll always have those games (I went 100% digital) but before that.. I trade. And even if I didn't I dot want to hook up old systems.

Old 05-10-2015, 12:07 PM   #116
Iceman
Infinity War!

These remasters are great for hardcore fans of the specific game in question and for those who have never played it before. Maybe not so much for everyone else. For me this is huge and I'll be replaying it a lot. Hopefully the multiplayer gets a following too and those who are still playing it on 360 can finally move on (10 years later!). I'll be surprised if they don't do 2 and 3 so we could get Horde and 3's multiplayer is still played.

Old 05-11-2015, 07:16 AM   #117
Blackman
C'mon Son

IM a huge fan of Gears. I would call myself a hardcore fan. Gears 4 is the main reason I'll buy X1, Gears 2 is the main reason I bot the 360.

But a remaster of a game I already have and played seems stupid. For Benstamania it makes sense, I never thought about it like that for people like him. But for me I just think it's stupid.

Old 05-11-2015, 11:33 AM   #118
TX85
Banned User

I don't think remasters are intended for people who still have the original version

Old 05-11-2015, 11:44 AM   #119
Tron Bonne
All Ass, No Sass

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX85 View Post
I don't think remasters are intended for people who still have the original version
Hardcore fans who double dip on the "best" version are definitely part of the audience with remasters. But you're right, they double for people who never played the original, too.

Quote:
Old 05-11-2015, 12:24 PM   #120
Iceman
Infinity War!

I have multiple copies off all the games for doing co-op, horde and multiplayer in one room, including the Japanese version of Gears 2 (which I had to buy a Japanese 360 to play on) and copies of the GFWL version for pc. Probably about 14 or 15 altogether including Judgment lol. And I'll be getting every remaster. This and Mass Effect are my favourite series that I never get bored off.

Old 05-11-2015, 01:06 PM   #121
Tron Bonne
All Ass, No Sass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
I have multiple copies off all the games for doing co-op, horde and multiplayer in one room, including the Japanese version of Gears 2 (which I had to buy a Japanese 360 to play on) and copies of the GFWL version for pc. Probably about 14 or 15 altogether including Judgment lol. And I'll be getting every remaster. This and Mass Effect are my favourite series that I never get bored off.
...Why?

Quote:
Old 05-11-2015, 02:55 PM   #122
TX85
Banned User

Oh damn,now that's hardcore!

Old 05-11-2015, 03:08 PM   #123
Blackman
C'mon Son

Quote:
...Why?
Money to blow I guess...

Old 05-11-2015, 06:02 PM   #124
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
...Why?
I was obsessed with Gears at that time, especially Horde. Played it for a few hours nearly every day for 2 years. And it was awesome playing with Japanese guys who played totally differently. Some serious superhuman beasts at Horde. Loved it!

And I also wanted all the Gears and Mass Effect achievements possible. That is still going to be an obsession when any remasters or future games come out in either series. I actully would like to do all the Seriously's again if the remasters can iron out the glitches of the 360 games. The Japanese achievements are also different and the Horde Master is one of my favourite achievements in any game. You have to beat all 50 waves of Horde on all 29 maps (which is quite difficult on certain maps when you are playing with less than 5 a lot of the time, and often with guys who don't play Gears much). And there were many other unique games and other reasons to get a JP 360 but that one on its own completely justified it.

Anyway sure you weren't actually interested in all that but thought I'd explain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackman View Post
Money to blow I guess...
I'm mid/late 30s and not a big spender outside of home entertainment tech (where I go a bit crazy). All my Gears things are amongst the items that I've bought that have got the best value for money. Buying them all has probably saved me a lot of money with the time they've eaten up that would have been spent on other stuff. Apart from Gears and Mass Effect I don't buy many games on day 1 and am willing to wait till they're cheap.

Old 05-14-2015, 06:47 AM   #125
zenith16
Side-Kick

Xbox One
Gears of War remaster beta footage leaked
Published 7 hours ago. 9 comments.
Quote:
Two clips from a late February build.

First footage of the rumored Gears of War remaster for Xbox One has come out via Xbox Live users ElitistPath05 and SpongyPlains6.
The game is said to be in development at Splash Damage, and will feature improved lighting, increased texture quality, and run at 60 frames per second. Multiple people reportedly had access to a test build last month. These videos were recorded on February 26, meaning they’re likely from an earlier build.
In case they’re pulled, both clips are re-hosted below:
Additional, off-screen footage is available via YouTube user SparCkL.
Here’s how the Xbox One version compares to the original game:

Thanks, NeoGAF.

Read More

Xbox One, Black Tusk Studios, Clips, Gameplay, Gears of War: Ultimate Edition, Microsoft, Splash Damage
source: Gematsu

zenith16 is offline   Reply With Quote