The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Microsoft

Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2014, 01:35 PM   #1
zenith16
Side-Kick

Default Scalebound

PlatinumGames Developing Scalebound Exclusively For Xbox One.June 9, 2014 . 10:55am

Bayonetta  developer PlatinumGames are developing an exclusive game for the Xbox One, titled Scalebound
Quote:

Bayonetta developer PlatinumGames are developing an exclusive game for the Xbox One, titled Scalebound. The game is being led by Bayonetta and The Wonderful 101 creator Hideki Kamiya.

A trailer for the game showed off an adventurer fending off a fire-breathing dragon and another monster with a bow-and-arrow and a sword.

Using the sword, the adventurer was also able to change form as well as ride the dragon into battle. No further details have been shared on Scalebound yet.
and

PlatinumGames’ Scalebound For Xbox One Gets Its First Trailer. June 9, 2014 . 11:18am

The first trailer for PlatinumGames’ Xbox One exclusive, Scalebound, is up for viewing.

Quote:
The first trailer for PlatinumGames’ Xbox One exclusive, Scalebound, is up for viewing. You can watch it below.

Scalebound’s development is being led by Hideki Kamiya, creator of Bayonetta and The Wonderful 101. Kamiya described the title as an action game.

We’ll have further details on Scalebound as they are made available.
source:Siliconera

Old 06-09-2014, 02:50 PM   #2
The Apocalypse
Side-Kick

Default Re: Scalebound

This and Sunset overdrive caught my eye. It seems like a little more modern version of Zelda? That's the vibe I got. It looks pretty neat.

Old 06-09-2014, 10:25 PM   #3
Spade
Seeking new challengers

At first, I was excited 'cause it's directed by Kamiya. Then, not-Dante did some not-Monster Hunting while listening to his not-Beats. I'm sure the action will be top notch, but this looked overly familiar.

Old 06-10-2014, 12:42 AM   #4
Asteroid-Man
Ham Sammiches

That preview was amazing. Been looking for a game where I can ride and control a dragon

America today finds herself in a unique situation... to become involved in a bloodless revolution
Posting Since 09/24/05 10:30 am
Old 06-10-2014, 07:53 AM   #5
Poetic Chaos
Hella fetch.

Ya, I'll be very interested in gameplay for this.

Old 06-17-2014, 07:09 PM   #6
zenith16
Side-Kick

Scalebound Will Not Disappoint Fans Of Dragons Say PlatinumGames. June 17, 2014 . 4:30pm

“I ask that you let your imagination run wild while you wait,” says Scalebound director Hideki Kamiya.

Quote:

At E3 last week, Microsoft and PlatinumGames announced a new Xbox One-exclusive game, titled Scalebound. While we know nothing about how it plays, Platinum have posted a couple of messages about Scalebound on their official blog. First up is Hideki Kamiya, the game’s director:
This is Hideki Kamiya, creative director at PlatinumGames.

The day has finally come that I can announce my new project to everyone.

I’ve created many original titles over the course of my career. Now I have a great opportunity to launch a new project with a new partner, and I’m excited to bring you a brand new game experience once again.

The focus of my new game is the gigantic beast that reigns over the fantasy genre: the dragon. Dragons have a unique power to capture the imagination, and I’ve loved dragons since I was a child. I’ve always wished that I could create a game featuring this magnificent creature; now the time has come for me to realize my dream.

I can’t share many details about the game yet, but rest assured that the development team and I are working around the clock so that we can show you more as soon as possible. For now, I ask that you let your imagination run wild while you wait.

I promise dragon fans around the world: this game will not disappoint. See you soon,

Hideki Kamiya (@pg_kamiya)
Director, Scalebound
And next up is J.P. Kellams, who is serving as creative producer on Scalebound:
Dragons have lived in our fantasies for centuries. They are a common thread that weave between cultures and eras, linking us together under wings and flame; fear and awe.

Scalebound is project that strives to live up to these ideals. A Japanese and American team working together to create the dragon game we’ve always dreamed of, but never gotten to play. Together, we can create something that pushes our team, and the action genre, to new heights.

Our team considers it an honor to take up this challenge. Knowing how many of us have wanted this game forever, I can’t imagine how many of you have wanted the same thing. It’s going to be a wild ride and we can’t wait to take it with you.

Jean Pierre Kellams (@pg_jp)
Creative Producer, Scalebound
Scalebound doesn’t have a release window yet.
source:Siliconera

Old 06-11-2015, 06:29 PM   #7
zenith16
Side-Kick

Xbox One
Scalebound and Crackdown to skip E3 for Gamescom 2015
Published 2 hours ago. 48 comments.

Quote:
They'll be "front and center" at the Cologne show.

Crackdown and Scalebound will join Quantum Break in skipping E3 this year, Microsoft confirmed. Instead, the two Xbox One games will be shown again at Gamescom in August.
“Over the next few weeks and months, we’ll be sharing many more of our plans for 2015 and beyond,” Xbox boss Phil Spencer said in an Xbox Wire blog post. “Having a jam-packed lineup of games to show at E3 means that there simply isn’t enough time to give each of our upcoming titles its well-deserved time in the spotlight. We’ve decided to save some of our most eagerly-awaited future titles for Gamescom in August. Rest assured that titles like Crackdown, Quantum Break and Scalebound will be front and center at Gamescom along with new game reveals for both Xbox One and Windows 10.”
As for what will be at E3, Spencer promises “the greatest games lineup in Xbox console history,” led by Halo 5: Guardians, Forza Motorsport 6, and Rise of the Tomb Raider, as well as new games and experiences, plus additional game reveals, trailers, interveiws, and demos after the press conference, during Microsoft’s “Xbox Daily: Live @ E3″ live stream.

Read More

Xbox One, Cloudgine, Crackdown 3, E3 2015, Gamescom 2015, Microsoft, Platinum Games, Scalebound
source: Gematsu

Old 06-12-2015, 03:48 PM   #8
The Apocalypse
Side-Kick

Can't wait to see more of this.

Old 06-12-2015, 04:39 PM   #9
DarthSkywalker
May the Force Be With You

So E3 sucks now...

Old 06-12-2015, 04:42 PM   #10
Tron Bonne
All Ass, No Sass

Still got one other Platinum game, though.

"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days.
Old 06-12-2015, 06:30 PM   #11
DarthSkywalker

If it is a legit game, I will be excited. If it is something small like Korra, it will be irrelevant for me.

Old 06-12-2015, 06:46 PM   #12
Soapy
Side-Kick

What if it's a smaller game that doesn't suck?

Old 06-12-2015, 08:30 PM   #13
XtremelyBaneful
XOTWOD

game of all time

Indeed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexy Magician View Post
'you know what let this discussion go.'
Haha
Old 06-12-2015, 08:41 PM   #14
DarthSkywalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soapy View Post
What if it's a smaller game that doesn't suck?
I like small games. I am an indie guy afterall. But this is Platinum we are talking about. They are all about the spectacle.

Old 06-12-2015, 09:20 PM   #15
Midnyte_Sun
Medianoche de Sol

He looks like Neil Patrick Harris.

Old 06-12-2015, 10:59 PM   #16
Poetic Chaos
Hella fetch.

really hope MS has another new IP to show off with gameplay with Scalebound sitting this year out.

Old 06-20-2015, 07:14 AM   #17
Iceman
Infinity War!

When is Gamescom?

Old 06-20-2015, 07:17 AM   #18
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremelyBaneful View Post
Shouldn't there be a word ahead of game of all time? Like best, worst, most average, dandiest?

Old 06-20-2015, 07:29 AM   #19
Tron Bonne
All Ass, No Sass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
When is Gamescom?
August 5-9

"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days.
Old 06-20-2015, 08:22 AM   #20
Iceman
Infinity War!

Oh right, guess I can wait a couple of months.

Old 06-20-2015, 09:57 AM   #21
XtremelyBaneful
XOTWOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Shouldn't there be a word ahead of game of all time? Like best, worst, most average, dandiest?
yeah, there should be but there wasn't. lol

Indeed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexy Magician View Post
'you know what let this discussion go.'
Haha
Old 06-23-2015, 01:25 PM   #22
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnyte_Sun View Post
He looks like Neil Patrick Harris.
Ha, he does a bit.

Old 08-04-2015, 10:20 AM   #23
DarthSkywalker

Holy God!

Old 08-04-2015, 10:27 AM   #24
Tron Bonne
All Ass, No Sass

Seems there's a lot of mixed reaction to the gameplay because of the slow pace of the combat, but I think that stems from the fact that most were exciting this to be another DMC type of game despite Kamiya explicitly telling us it wouldn't be. I thought it looked pretty good.

Quote:
Old 08-04-2015, 10:59 AM   #25
ares834
Vader's Fist

I think a lot of the negative reception comes from the fact that it’s an exclusive. You see this kind of fanboy bull**** all the time. Anyway, looks interesting. I’ll need to see more before I can really judge it.

Closed Thread