The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Microsoft

Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2015, 11:01 AM   #26
Tron Bonne
All Ass, No Sass

Default Re: Scalebound

Nah, I don't think so. You can look at the comments and see that people just weren't expecting a slower paced Action RPG

"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days.
Old 08-04-2015, 11:09 AM   #27
DarthSkywalker
May the Force Be With You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tron Bonne View Post
Nah, I don't think so. You can look at the comments and see that people just weren't expecting a slower paced Action RPG
The question then is why? Probably because they don't own an Xbox One.

Personally looks great too me. Like Monster Hunter, but even more awesome.

Old 08-04-2015, 11:13 AM   #28
Tron Bonne
All Ass, No Sass

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
The question then is why? Probably because they don't own an Xbox One.
No, because people were expecting another DMC style game despite being told already that's not what we were getting.

Anyway, IGN has an extended version of the gameplay up.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2015/08/04...demo-ign-first

"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days.
Old 08-04-2015, 11:18 AM   #29
Iceman
Infinity War!

Looks great to me. I had no idea what we'd be getting after the first trailer but pretty excited now. So the dragon is an ally in combat. And the human has a lot of good moves too.

Old 08-04-2015, 11:19 AM   #30
VictorDomashev
Banned User

I'd probably buy this in a sale

Old 08-04-2015, 11:20 AM   #31
Tron Bonne
All Ass, No Sass

Yeah, from what I can tell you give the Dragon commands and stuff.

Quote:
Old 08-04-2015, 11:24 AM   #32
DarthSkywalker
May the Force Be With You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tron Bonne View Post
No, because people were expecting another DMC style game despite being told already that's not what we were getting.

Anyway, IGN has an extended version of the gameplay up.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2015/08/04...demo-ign-first
Ok, but if you are looking forward to this, why wouldn't you know that? It seems like a bizarre complaint, one made by those that want to complain. Then you ask, why do they want to complain.

Old 08-04-2015, 11:28 AM   #33
Tron Bonne
All Ass, No Sass

A lot of people seemed to have missed what Kamiya said, since a lot of people who were looking at the game seemed to think of it as "DMC with Dragons." I saw that numerous times in discussions about the game.

Quote:
Old 08-04-2015, 11:31 AM   #34
Iceman
Infinity War!

Well they know now so will be interesting to see their views next time something releases with their expectations adjusted.

Old 08-04-2015, 04:26 PM   #35
Soapy
Side-Kick

Count me as one of those slightly disappointed by the fairly basic-looking combat. I still think it looks interesting and fun though.

Old 08-04-2015, 08:21 PM   #36
XtremelyBaneful
XOTWOD

i think it looks amazing.

Indeed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexy Magician View Post
'you know what let this discussion go.'
Haha
Old 08-04-2015, 09:04 PM   #37
Benstamania
Go away.

I'm ok with basic combat.. Sometimes I feel over burdened in Platinum games, lol.

Old 08-05-2015, 06:28 AM   #38
Tron Bonne
All Ass, No Sass

I'm sure the combat will become more varied and evolved as the game progresses, I just doubt it will ever get as fast paced as the typical Platinum action game.

Quote:
Old 08-05-2015, 07:13 AM   #39
Benstamania
Go away.

Yeah that's fine too. There's a place for all platinum games combat. Same with their Transformers game.. I doubt it's as off the wall fast as some of their past games. But I bet it's good.

Old 08-06-2015, 06:31 AM   #40
zenith16
Side-Kick

source: GI

Old 08-06-2015, 07:00 AM   #41
Iceman
Infinity War!

Wonder how the co-op work will work. 4 human players or all their dragons in tow too.

Old 08-10-2015, 08:18 PM   #42
zenith16
Side-Kick

source: GI

Old 08-11-2015, 09:22 AM   #43
Benstamania
Go away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Wonder how the co-op work will work. 4 human players or all their dragons in tow too.
Maybe the host is human and the other 3 are dragons? I'm pumped for this game. I always wanted to play it but now seeing that it's an RPG more than a hack and slash (which I honestly get bored of quickly. Even Platinum ones) it's a must own for sure.

Old 08-11-2015, 09:56 AM   #44
Iceman
Infinity War!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benstamania View Post
Maybe the host is human and the other 3 are dragons? I'm pumped for this game. I always wanted to play it but now seeing that it's an RPG more than a hack and slash (which I honestly get bored of quickly. Even Platinum ones) it's a must own for sure.
Agreed, this kind of a game as a hack and slash wouldn't hold my interest for nearly as long as a RPG. That could work, even then 3 dragons on screen would make for some (even more) crazy over-the-top action.

Old 09-01-2015, 06:00 PM   #45
zenith16
Side-Kick

Scalebound Video Brings Dragon Buddy To Battle. September 1, 2015 . 11:00am

Famitsu shared a new video of Scalebound, the Xbox One title PlatinumGames is developing for Microsoft. The action RPG game is set on Draconis and you play as Drew who is bonded to Thuban, a dragon.
Quote:

Famitsu shared a new video of Scalebound, the Xbox One title PlatinumGames is developing for Microsoft. The action RPG game is set on Draconis and you play as Drew who is bonded to Thuban, a dragon.

Thuban joins drew in combat and automatically attacks enemies on its own. Players can also give Thuban commands to shoot fireballs at monsters. Scalebound also has a four player co-op mode teased at the end of the video.

Scalebound is scheduled to come out in late 2016 worldwide.

Read more stories about Scalebound & Xbox One on Siliconera.
source: Siliconera

you can see the video there on thesite it's self it looks like the same video to me though.

Old 10-01-2015, 10:18 PM   #46
zenith16
Side-Kick

Scalebound’s Hero Was Once A Heroine. October 1, 2015 . 10:30am

Scalebound’s Drew was once a little girl early in the game’s development.

Quote:

Games can go through multiple iterations as they work their way to a finished product. Platinum Games’ Hideki Kamiya, Director of Scalebound, has revealed the title once had quite a different front-person for players to identify with. To be specific, the hero was once a heroine.

In an interview with GameSpot, Kamiya noted that Platinum Games has wanted to make Scalebound since 2006. Back in the early days, this game looked quite different. Instead of a hero named Drew who bonded with dragons, there was a little girl who worked well with dinosaurs. The idea was for a Wii game where the Wii Remote would direct the dinosaurs.

After Bayonetta was released, Scalebound changed again. The heroine became master of dragons, rather than dinosaurs. But Kamiya said he wanted the player character to be more active in the game, instead of a figure just directing the dinosaurs. So after The Wonderful 101, the girl became the more capable Drew.

Scalebound will be a Xbox One exclusive. It currently has a 2016 release window.

Read more stories about Platinum Games & Scalebound & Xbox One on Siliconera.
source: Siliconera

Old 01-04-2016, 01:57 PM   #47
XtremelyBaneful
XOTWOD

Delayed...

Indeed
Quote:
Haha
Old 01-04-2016, 08:28 PM   #48
zenith16
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremelyBaneful View Post
Delayed...
yeah it's a shame but it is but it can also mean we may have better game. it may not also. but I'm ok with it.

Xbox One
Scalebound delayed to 2017
Published 12 hours ago. 97 comments.
Quote:
Platinum to talk more about Scalebound later this year.

Platinum Games has delayed its Xbox One-exclusive action RPG Scalebound from its previously planned 2016 release window to 2017.
The developer said it needs more time to be able to deliver on its ambitions for the project, and will be talking more about the game later this year.
Get the full message below.
As we enter into 2016, we want to provide you with an update on Scalebound, the upcoming Xbox One-exclusive action-RPG that lets you fight alongside a fearsome dragon named Thuban.
Development on the game is going well and we’re really happy with how it’s coming together. Scalebound is one of the biggest games Platinum Games has ever created: an epic adventure filled with exploration and fantasy gameplay,

inventive multiplayer, and action-packed battles on an unbelievable scale – all set in a beautiful and evolving world. It’s the game our team has always dreamed of making.

In order to deliver on our ambitious vision and ensure that Scalebound lives up to expectations, we will be launching the game in 2017. This will give us the time needed to bring to life all the innovative features and thrilling gameplay experiences that we have planned.

We know you’re excited to see more and thank you for your patience. Scalebound is a truly special project that’s been several years in the making, and we are very proud and inspired by all the work our team has done so far.

We will be sharing more about our vision for Scalebound later this year and can’t wait to give you a closer look at the world of Draconis and the incredible creatures and experiences we’re building.

Read More

Xbox One, Delays, Microsoft, Platinum Games, Release Dates, RPG, Scalebound

source: Gematsu

Old 01-05-2016, 07:19 AM   #49
XtremelyBaneful
XOTWOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenith16 View Post
yeah it's a shame but it is but it can also mean we may have better game. it may not also. but I'm ok with it.
yep. there's good and bad in every situation. bad is, longer wait and game's been anticipated for a long time. good is, it's for the developers to give it their all.

Indeed
Quote:
Haha
Old 01-08-2016, 08:11 AM   #50
Wise
Watchtower Janitor

I really hope they use the delay to redesign the godawful insufferable main character.

HERESY!
Closed Thread