The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Microsoft

Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2016, 06:18 PM   #51
Tron Bonne
All Ass, No Sass

Default Re: Scalebound

Pretty sure the design is set, so that's probably not happening. I don't get what the big deal people make about it is anyway. He's not a great design of a character or anything, but he's not that bad at all.

"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days.
Old 01-30-2016, 12:39 AM   #52
zenith16
Side-Kick

just got this from games spot's face book page

GameSpot

28 mins ·

Xbox boss Aaron Greenberg says Scalebound needs "time to breathe."

Xbox Boss Explains Scalebound Delay, Talks Competition With PS4
Delay of the Xbox One dragon game will allow it to have "better success," Aaron Greenberg says; "There's no hatred" for Sony.
L.GAMESPOT.COM

Last edited by zenith16; 01-30-2016 at 02:21 AM.
Old 03-03-2016, 04:17 PM   #53
XtremelyBaneful
XOTWOD

rumor: it's coming to PC.

https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/com...ows_10_titles/

http://www.xboxdynasty.de/news/xbox-...ws-10-spielen/

Indeed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexy Magician View Post
'you know what let this discussion go.'
Haha
Old 06-13-2016, 12:58 PM   #54
zenith16
Side-Kick

Xbox One, PC
Scalebound coming to PC, multiplayer trailer

Published 9 mins ago. 6 comments.

Quote:
Platinum Games-developed action RPG launches in 2017.

Scalebound will come to PC in addition to Xbox One when it launches in 2017, Microsoft announced during its E3 2016 press conference.

The action RPG will be a “Play Anywhere” title, meaning if you buy it once, you’ll be able to play it across both platforms.
Watch a new multiplayer trailer below.

Multiplayer Trailer

E3 2016 Stage Demo

Overview
In Scalebound, the next great adventure from critically-acclaimed developer PlatinumGames and renowned Game Director Hideki Kamiya, you will experience the journey of a young loner, Drew, who is pulled into the strange, beautiful and dangerous world of Draconis. There Drew is bonded to a fearsome and noble dragon, Thuban, the last of his kind. These two lone-wolf heroes thrown together by fate must learn to fight as one to defeat the powerful enemies that threaten Draconis, Earth and a vast universe of parallel worlds.
Features
  • Epic Battles on an Unbelievable Scale: Master accessible but deep “stylish action” gameplay using a variety of weapons, battle strategies and skills. Fluidly chain attacks with your dragon to unleash devastating combos against colossal enemies in amazing boss battles.
  • Play Your Way: Cutting-edge Co-op Multiplayer: Adventure on your own or join friends to explore the world of Draconis, complete custom quests and battle massive creatures together, alongside your dragons.* Dynamically-generated quests create new objectives based on play style and user activity.
  • Explore a Beautiful, Evolving World: Forge your own adventure as you traverse across the vast world of Draconis, brought to life through a distinct, vibrant art style and stunning visuals at 1080p resolution on Xbox One and up to 4K on Windows 10. Defeat enemies to help the world flourish and gain access to unique items.
  • Customize your Hero and Dragon: Choose the armor and weapons that best match your play style. Select your favorite dragon (winged serpent, four legged tank – and more) and then evolve your companion’s unique abilities and attacks as well as its appearance. In co-op, you can customize your dragon and play style to create unique combat strategies with other players.
  • Shared Progression across Xbox One and Windows 10:Scalebound” supports cross-save between Xbox One and Windows 10, so you can seamlessly switch between devices and pick up where you left off.
  • visit gallery »

Read More

PC, Xbox One, Clips, E3 2016, Microsoft, Platinum Games, Scalebound, Trailers

source: Gematsu

Last edited by zenith16; 06-14-2016 at 12:31 PM.
Old 06-13-2016, 02:14 PM   #55
Iceman
Infinity War!

Looked pretty good. I won't get any time near launch but looking forward to playing it.

Old 06-14-2016, 06:39 AM   #56
Wise
Watchtower Janitor

Hmm the e3 trailer didn't sell me. Combat looked very basic and linear.

That and the main character still reminds me of Hayden Christensen's Anakin Skywalker meets One Direction.

HERESY!
Old 06-14-2016, 09:42 AM   #57
TX85
Banned User

Looks good but I'll probably be renting this for a day

Old 06-19-2016, 01:12 AM   #58
zenith16
Side-Kick

putting this in two places

Kamiya wants Bayonetta 3 and Okami 2 once Scalebound is out

15 hours ago
comments 2

Platinum Games' often brusque co-founder Hideki Kamiya has hinted at the possibility of Bayonetta 3 and an Okami sequel once Scalebound is wrapped...
Read more

source: PCGamesN

Old 08-17-2016, 08:10 PM   #59
zenith16
Side-Kick

Xbox One, PC
Scalebound Gamescom 2016 screenshots

Published 2 hours ago. 19 comments.
Quote:
Earth Village and Thuban screenshots.

Microsoft and Platinum Games released four new screenshots of Scalebound at Gamescom 2016.

The action RPG from director Hideki Kamiya follows the journey of Drew, who is pulled into the strange and dangerous world of Draconis, and bonded to a fearsome and noble dragon named Thuban who is the last of his kind. Together, they must fight to defeat powerful enemies that threaten Draconis and Earth.

In addition to the screenshots, a new preview at Polygon confirms that Drew and Thuban are connected and share a life force. You can use an ability called “Dragon Link” to merge their minds into one, switching the game from the over-the-shoulder view of Drew to a first-person perspective from Drew as he directs Thuban. You can also customize your dragon. There are three types: the balanced rex, the heavy tank, and the speedy wyvern. You’ll be able to change the attributes of your dragon with gems. Additional customizations are available through armor and gem buffs.

Scalebound is due out for Xbox One and PC in 2017.
View the screenshots at the gallery.
visit gallery »

Read More

PC, Xbox One, Gamescom 2016, Microsoft, Platinum Games, RPG, Scalebound, Screenshots

Old 01-09-2017, 03:08 PM   #60
Soapy
Side-Kick

Cancelled.

Old 01-09-2017, 04:03 PM   #61
X Knight
Hope

Wow!! just.....wow!!

what happened??!!

Old 01-09-2017, 05:22 PM   #62
Iceman
Infinity War!

Wow. How does it get cancelled when it's so far along. Feels like we've seen a lot more from this game than Mass Effect which is due out in 2 months!

Old 01-09-2017, 06:33 PM   #63
DarthSkywalker
May the Force Be With You

I am so depressed about this. What a waste of time. Could have been making something that was actually going to come out.

Old 01-09-2017, 06:35 PM   #64
XtremelyBaneful
XOTWOD

This looked like the most promising xbone exclusive in my opinion

Indeed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexy Magician View Post
'you know what let this discussion go.'
Haha
Old 01-09-2017, 06:37 PM   #65
Sithborg
Oooh, plot twist!

That sucks. I like Platinum games.

Old 01-09-2017, 06:39 PM   #66
DarthSkywalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremelyBaneful View Post
This looked like the most promising xbone exclusive in my opinion
Yep. The only one I really cared about.

Old 01-09-2017, 06:59 PM   #67
X Knight
Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Wow. How does it get cancelled when it's so far along. Feels like we've seen a lot more from this game than Mass Effect which is due out in 2 months!
so true. and we've got hardly anything from Injustice 2, and that's coming out in May!

I figured with a 2017 release date, Scalebound would have been a showcase title for Scorpio. Maybe even a Scorpio launch bundle game.

The Xbox brand needs more flagship titles besides just Halo, Gears, and Forza.

Sunset Overdrive was crazy and fun, but that seemed to fail to catch on.

Quantum Break looked interesting, but again, it didn't seem to catch fire.

Crackdown is still MIA.

Fables Legend was cancelled at the last minute, and the Fables studio is shut down - so no more Fables games it seems.

And now Scalebound, too, has been cancelled.

And it looked so promising as a potential new flagship exclusive that's different from what's typically offered on the Xbox.

I know if I got back on the Xbox train with Scorpio, I would have looked forward to playing Scalebound.

I'm very interested to find out what exactly happened. because I honestly haven't heard any signs of trouble ( although I haven't been following it that closely ). But I don't recall seeing any stories about trouble or potential cancellation from sites like IGN and others that I frequent.

Last edited by X Knight; 01-09-2017 at 07:02 PM.
Old 01-09-2017, 07:11 PM   #68
Iceman
Infinity War!

It's so weird given that a lot of costs would already have been taken on and can't be gotten back. Even it was released as an average title at least they would be getting a chunk of their money back. I was very disappointed about Fable Legends not being released and both of these games look like they could easily have been made into half decent titles whatever was going on behind the scenes.

Old 01-09-2017, 07:16 PM   #69
X Knight
Hope

^ true.

Fable Legends looked fun with interesting characters and I certainly would have loved to see a new full fledged Fable game.

I wonder who actually owns the IP - Platinum or MS?

maybe there's a chance this could show up on the PS4 ( or maybe even the Switch )?

just like with Fable Legends, it just seems like such a shame when they're that far into development and then all that work, time, and resources get wasted due to cancellation.

Old 01-09-2017, 09:58 PM   #70
zenith16
Side-Kick

so I see you all heard the news. I don't know why Ms would cancel a game that was so deep into development.

Xbox One, PC
Rumor: Scalebound in trouble, possibly cancelled [Update]

Published 8 hours ago. 271 comments.
Quote:
Platinum Games-developed action RPG no longer?

Update 3:40 p.m.: It’s official. Scalebound has been cancelled.
Update 2:37 p.m.: Eurogamer is reporting that Microsoft and Platinum Games parted ways on the Scalebound project and that work concluded before the end of 2016. The relationship between the two companies reportedly “soured” following Scalebound‘s last showing in August at Gamescom 2016.

Several staff members are said to have been forced to take a month away from the pressure of the project’s heavy workload in the fall. When they returned, Scalebound was behind schedule, and with issues surrounding the game’s engine and overdue deadlines, the decision was made to cease development.

Original 2:01 p.m.: Scalebound, the Platinum Games-developed action RPG in development for Xbox One and PC and planned for release in 2017, may have been cancelled, according to Kotaku, which is citing “several sources.”

An official announcement is expected shortly. When it reached out to Microsoft, the game’s publisher, earlier today, the company said, “We’ll have more to share on Scalebound soon.”

Scalebound, which is directed by Bayonetta director Hideki Kamiya, has reportedly been in development trouble for a long-time. The game was first announced at E3 2014, we haven’t heard about it in recent months, an Xbox Wire news story highlighting Microsoft’s 2017 lineup made no mention of it, and its Xbox.com game page is no longer online.

Read More

PC, Xbox One, Microsoft, Platinum Games, RPG, Rumors, Scalebound

Also with

Xbox One
, PC
Scalebound officially cancelled
Published 7 hours ago. 640 comments.
Quote:
That's that for the Platinum Games-developed action RPG.

Following rumors, Microsoft has officially confirmed that it has ended production on the development of Scalebound, an action RPG previously in development at Platinum Games for Xbox One and PC and planned for a 2017 release.

The company issued the following statement:
“After careful deliberation, Microsoft Studios has come to the decision to end production for Scalebound. We’re working hard to deliver an amazing lineup of games to our fans this year, including Halo Wars 2, Crackdown 3, State of Decay 2, Sea of Thieves and other great experiences.”
Thanks, IGN and Windows Central.

Read More

PC, Xbox One, Cancelled, Microsoft, Platinum Games, RPG, Scalebound

do you all think this game should go multplat? and se if it does well with out micro soft?

Last edited by zenith16; 01-09-2017 at 10:02 PM.
Old 01-09-2017, 10:27 PM   #71
zenith16
Side-Kick

so after seeing statements like this from platnum games

Scalebound cancelled, fans highlight tweets as evidence of alledged troubled development

6 hours ago
comments 1

Update: Scalebound's creator, Hideki Kamiya, is known for speaking his mind on Twitter, with fans blocked for the slightest grievance and people...
Read more
^^

Quote:

Update: Scalebound's creator, Hideki Kamiya, is known for speaking his mind on Twitter, with fans blocked for the slightest grievance and people constantly told to ask their mum when they ask silly questions.

It's never been surprising to see him say something controversial, but looking at some of his tweets with hindsight does seem to hint at bad relations between him and publishers Microsoft.
It’s nearly time to update our upcoming PC games list again.

There was one tweet in particular, posted back in July 2015, though it was hastily deleted. Still, this is the internet, and nothing is ever truly deleted around these parts.
The tweet said: "MSのクソどもはよー…俺をナメてんのか…" which, NeoGaf say, roughly translates to: “Those ****s at MS… are they f**king with me…?”
Elsewhere, in a still live tweet, Kamiya admitted he wasn't a fan of Microsoft's marketing:

31 Aug 14
Ahmed Saihati @dreamahm

@PG_kamiya you think Microsoft handle scalebound marketing better than Nintendo with wonderful 101?thanks.

Follow
神谷英樹 Hideki Kamiya @PG_kamiya

I don't know. I don't like their marketing. RT @dreamahm you think Microsoft handle scalebound marketing better than Nintendo with w101?
9:54 AM - 31 Aug 2014

In a follow up tweet he said, "See the main art of Scalebound at their site. It's AWFUL." And he also went on to say "it's junk".
Clearly things weren't all rosy in the partnership, then. It's probably telling that Kamiya, a serial tweeter, hasn't posted from his account so far this year.

source: PCGN

Do you all think this game should go multplat? and see if it does well with out micro soft?

Last edited by zenith16; 01-09-2017 at 10:36 PM.
Old 01-09-2017, 10:50 PM   #72
X Knight
Hope

if MS doesn't own the IP ( or doesn't share ownership ), then yes, I wouldn't mind seeing it on the PS4 or even Switch ( if it's powerful enough ).

Old 01-09-2017, 11:02 PM   #73
zenith16
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Knight View Post
if MS doesn't own the IP ( or doesn't share ownership ), then yes, I wouldn't mind seeing it on the PS4 or even Switch ( if it's powerful enough ).

Yeah ,I'm thinking the same, after that article from PCGN especially with game like Rime that did same thing I'm talking about after sony weirdly dropped them as well and the reason hasn't been fully explained . I don't think the latter the ones I mentioning in this post rime is overly special.

But it might be a thing. if the console publisher keep dropping games in mid development, like this. if the game tur's n out to be awesome, what will those console publishers be saying then?

Last edited by zenith16; 01-10-2017 at 02:10 AM.
Old 01-10-2017, 01:18 AM   #74
DarthSkywalker

It sounds like MS interfered a lot. What is the point of working with a highly respected damn developer, if you are going to pull a Konami?

Old 01-10-2017, 06:56 AM   #75
Wise
Watchtower Janitor

To be honest the game looked pretty mediocre IMO. I'm surprised it got cancelled, but on the bright side it means that main character is dead.

HERESY!
Closed Thread