The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

View Poll Results: Has seeing the movie multiple times changed your opinion on it?
Yes, it's better 110 45.08%
No, it's worse 26 10.66%
Unchanged, enjoyed it 50 20.49%
Unchanged, did not enjoy 20 8.20%
Have only watched it once 33 13.52%
Will not watch based on reviews 5 2.05%
Voters: 244. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2016, 12:48 PM   #76
Reel-Man
Side-Kick
 
Reel-Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 3,200
Default Re: Have you seen the movie multiple times? If yes, has your opinion changed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guard View Post
Where?
There's a poll at the top of this thread. Unless you already voted, then you'll just see the result bars.

Reel-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 12:51 PM   #77
Val_Zod
No, I am not Calvin Ellis
 
Val_Zod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 1,859
Default Re: Have you seen the movie multiple times? If yes, has your opinion changed?

Seen it twice, and the film still feels disjointed. They should cut down on some scenes rather than add to them. That said, i won't be rewatching the theatrical cut. I'll wait for the Ultimate one.

Val_Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 12:57 PM   #78
Clark Bent
Newbie First Class
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 15
Default Re: Have you seen the movie multiple times? If yes, has your opinion changed?

I've seen it twice now. I really enjoyed it the first time. The pacing did seem abrupt in the beginning of my first watch. Not enough to bother me though... After all the intro was over, the pacing of the film seemed fine to me the rest of the way out.

During my second viewing, I realized the pivotal scene in the movie is the knightmare/Flash reveal. There is so much right there that ties together the events of this movie, AND what is to come in JL. I'm with the theory that the knightmare sequence was not a dream, but the flash somehow showing Bruce what could potentially happen in the future... or maybe what does happen... and the Flash appears at the end, traveling back in time to warn/inform him. I think the other dream sequences were there to merely throw off the audience to think that this particular sequence was probably just a dream... or was it? I think that was really smart.

The validity of this comes at the end when Luthor talks about "him". That's he knows us, that he's hungry, he's coming... and with Superman dead basically the door is open.

A lot of things happen in this movie, but I believe all that is at the heart of it. I also believe that Lex's actions were motivated by Darkseid. Thus, those are his reasons and motivations for pitting B and S against each other, and creating Doomsday as a backup plan.

My two cents. I'll probably see it a few more times. I caught more things in the second viewing. Let's not just go with all the groaning people out there who are bashing it. Open your minds and let it in.

Clark Bent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 01:01 PM   #79
NoLaNitE007
Do u Bleed? Do ya Punk?
 
NoLaNitE007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 3,448
Default Re: Have you seen the movie multiple times? If yes, has your opinion changed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Bent View Post
I've seen it twice now. I really enjoyed it the first time. The pacing did seem abrupt in the beginning of my first watch. Not enough to bother me though... After all the intro was over, the pacing of the film seemed fine to me the rest of the way out.

During my second viewing, I realized the pivotal scene in the movie is the knightmare/Flash reveal. There is so much right there that ties together the events of this movie, AND what is to come in JL. I'm with the theory that the knightmare sequence was not a dream, but the flash somehow showing Bruce what could potentially happen in the future... or maybe what does happen... and the Flash appears at the end, traveling back in time to warn/inform him. I think the other dream sequences were there to merely throw off the audience to think that this particular sequence was probably just a dream... or was it? I think that was really smart.

The validity of this comes at the end when Luthor talks about "him". That's he knows us, that he's hungry, he's coming... and with Superman dead basically the door is open.

A lot of things happen in this movie, but I believe all that is at the heart of it. I also believe that Lex's actions were motivated by Darkseid. Thus, those are his reasons and motivations for pitting B and S against each other, and creating Doomsday as a backup plan.

My two cents. I'll probably see it a few more times. I caught more things in the second viewing. Let's not just go with all the groaning people out there who are bashing it. Open your minds and let it in.

The Flash sequence with Bruce is awesome!

It's is pivotal!

__________________
That son of a b***h brought the war...to...US!
NoLaNitE007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 01:04 PM   #80
JtheDreamer
Slangin Grannys Peach Tea
 
JtheDreamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 3,707
Default Re: Have you seen the movie multiple times? If yes, has your opinion changed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Bent View Post
I've seen it twice now. I really enjoyed it the first time. The pacing did seem abrupt in the beginning of my first watch. Not enough to bother me though... After all the intro was over, the pacing of the film seemed fine to me the rest of the way out.

During my second viewing, I realized the pivotal scene in the movie is the knightmare/Flash reveal. There is so much right there that ties together the events of this movie, AND what is to come in JL. I'm with the theory that the knightmare sequence was not a dream, but the flash somehow showing Bruce what could potentially happen in the future... or maybe what does happen... and the Flash appears at the end, traveling back in time to warn/inform him. I think the other dream sequences were there to merely throw off the audience to think that this particular sequence was probably just a dream... or was it? I think that was really smart.

The validity of this comes at the end when Luthor talks about "him". That's he knows us, that he's hungry, he's coming... and with Superman dead basically the door is open.

A lot of things happen in this movie, but I believe all that is at the heart of it. I also believe that Lex's actions were motivated by Darkseid. Thus, those are his reasons and motivations for pitting B and S against each other, and creating Doomsday as a backup plan.

My two cents. I'll probably see it a few more times. I caught more things in the second viewing. Let's not just go with all the groaning people out there who are bashing it. Open your minds and let it in.
Isn't it a bit ironic to say the pacing gets better with a repeat viewing? That's because you know what to expect.

JtheDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 01:07 PM   #81
Reel-Man
Side-Kick
 
Reel-Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 3,200
Default Re: Have you seen the movie multiple times? If yes, has your opinion changed?

Is everyone seeing the poll at the top?

Reel-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 01:14 PM   #82
Manny Moo
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Here
Posts: 41
Default Re: Have you seen the movie multiple times? If yes, has your opinion changed?

First time I rated at a 7/10
Second time 8.5/10

Manny Moo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 01:47 PM   #83
KidwiththeGold
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: NY
Posts: 185
Default Re: Have you seen the movie multiple times? If yes, has your opinion changed?

Seen it twice... 1st time at the Fan screening gave it around 7.5-8/10 .. Watch again on Sat loved it even more gave upped to 8.5/10... Editing /pacing wasn't as off, was able to pay attention to every little detail. they really put work into this movie , cant wait to see it again next Sat !

KidwiththeGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 03:21 PM   #84
BlueLanternKal
Super-Lex
 
BlueLanternKal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: LexCorp Tower, Metropolis
Posts: 5,672
Default Re: Have you seen the movie multiple times? If yes, has your opinion changed?

Yeah, Snyder's films tend to really grow on people on repeat viewings. That's not something you can say of a lot of other film makers. Not making comparisons, but Stanley Kubrick's films had that same quality. Critics hated The Shinning when that dropped and today it's considered a classic. Some food for thought. Don't forget to scrape the plate.

BlueLanternKal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 04:09 PM   #85
RadioSha
Banned User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 3,854
Default Re: Have you seen the movie multiple times? If yes, has your opinion changed?

I am really happy that this movie is doing well financially. A lot of work was put into this movie.

Zack Snyder is still a glaring problem though. You can't have every DC movie be this divisive. I hope he leaves.

RadioSha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 04:15 PM   #86
Reel-Man
Side-Kick
 
Reel-Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 3,200
Default Re: Have you seen the movie multiple times? If yes, has your opinion changed?

Holy crap, considering all the bickering in some threads between the two sides, I'm astonished 18 people said they found it got better. 7 said it's unchanged and for the positive. Remarkable!

Reel-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 04:32 PM   #87
Longshot777
Side-Kick
 
Longshot777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,176
Default Re: Have you seen the movie multiple times? If yes, has your opinion changed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLanternKal View Post
Yeah, Snyder's films tend to really grow on people on repeat viewings. That's not something you can say of a lot of other film makers. Not making comparisons, but Stanley Kubrick's films had that same quality. Critics hated The Shinning when that dropped and today it's considered a classic. Some food for thought. Don't forget to scrape the plate.
That is so true!!

I was disappointed in MOS first viewing then boom it became one of my favorites.

BVS I liked first time then second time I was mixed but I can't stop thinking about it and I see what Snyder and co is trying to do.

Here's my superhero ranking...Civil War might take top spot after this year

1. Dark Knight Trilogy

2. Avengers 1&2

3. MOS and Winter Soldier and BVS

4. Spider-Man 1&2, Watchmen

5. Ironman

6. Thor

7. Captain America

8. Superman 79 and Batman 89

Longshot777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 05:01 PM   #88
Reel-Man
Side-Kick
 
Reel-Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 3,200
Default Re: Have you seen the movie multiple times? If yes, has your opinion changed?

Good list. I can't wait to see what the other movies this year bring to the table.

Reel-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 05:20 PM   #89
Greeneyes
The World Isn't Ready
 
Greeneyes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Dark City
Posts: 1,347
Default Re: Have you seen the movie multiple times? If yes, has your opinion changed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reel-Man View Post
Good list. I can't wait to see what the other movies this year bring to the table.
Hi Reels, any idea why the positivity thread got stopped? Surely it could have been allowed for another few days?

Oh well, where are the sanest threads right now?

Greeneyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 05:27 PM   #90
Reel-Man
Side-Kick
 
Reel-Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 3,200
Default Re: Have you seen the movie multiple times? If yes, has your opinion changed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeneyes View Post
Hi Reels, any idea why the positivity thread got stopped? Surely it could have been allowed for another few days?

Oh well, where are the sanest threads right now?
They reopened a new one. It's because it was getting heated and in the separate threads and we (including myself at times) were making mention of how crazy it was in the other thread (box office).

Reel-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 05:29 PM   #91
DeadStroke
Side-Kick
 
DeadStroke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 5,712
Default Re: Have you seen the movie multiple times? If yes, has your opinion changed?

My first viewing it was probably a 7, but fandom pushed it up to an 8.

Second viewing I said its anywhere from 8.5 to 9.

DeadStroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 05:42 PM   #92
Greeneyes
The World Isn't Ready
 
Greeneyes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Dark City
Posts: 1,347
Default Re: Have you seen the movie multiple times? If yes, has your opinion changed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reel-Man View Post
They reopened a new one. It's because it was getting heated and in the separate threads and we (including myself at times) were making mention of how crazy it was in the other thread (box office).
Cool, thanks

I've lost faith in the world at the moment and with loads on this site. Human nature is not always nice to witness.

Greeneyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 05:44 PM   #93
Reel-Man
Side-Kick
 
Reel-Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 3,200
Default Re: Have you seen the movie multiple times? If yes, has your opinion changed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeneyes View Post
Cool, thanks

I've lost faith in the world at the moment and with loads on this site. Human nature is not always nice to witness.
I think it mostly comes down to some of us forgetting that we are taking to other people and not just a computer. I'm sure if everyone was talking in person, it would be more playful and less hostile. Things very often get lost in wording and text when posting online.

Reel-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 05:45 PM   #94
OneKickMan
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 335
Default Re: Have you seen the movie multiple times? If yes, has your opinion changed?

Pacing issues disappear with the repeat viewing. That doesn't mean the issue isn't there, it's just far less noticeable. What you'll notice is stronger structure, foreshadowing, and dense, intelligent dialogue.

OneKickMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 05:50 PM   #95
Greeneyes
The World Isn't Ready
 
Greeneyes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Dark City
Posts: 1,347
Default Re: Have you seen the movie multiple times? If yes, has your opinion changed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reel-Man View Post
I think it mostly comes down to some of us forgetting that we are taking to other people and not just a computer. I'm sure if everyone was talking in person, it would be more playful and less hostile. Things very often get lost in wording and text when posting online.
Tell me about it! It's still rare to see so much negative stuff online and people being almost gleeful if someone fails. It's just nasty minded imo

Greeneyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 05:53 PM   #96
Reel-Man
Side-Kick
 
Reel-Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 3,200
Default Re: Have you seen the movie multiple times? If yes, has your opinion changed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneKickMan View Post
Pacing issues disappear with the repeat viewing. That doesn't mean the issue isn't there, it's just far less noticeable. What you'll notice is stronger structure, foreshadowing, and dense, intelligent dialogue.
It makes sense in a way as you know where to look and pick up the little subtleties and plot points better. I haven't seen it for a second time yet but that's usually the case with these big movies that have a lot of layers.


Last edited by Reel-Man; 03-27-2016 at 06:05 PM.
Reel-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 06:01 PM   #97
The Guard
Side-Kick
 
The Guard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 32,117
Default Re: Have you seen the movie multiple times? If yes, has your opinion changed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneKickMan View Post
Pacing issues disappear with the repeat viewing. That doesn't mean the issue isn't there, it's just far less noticeable. What you'll notice is stronger structure, foreshadowing, and dense, intelligent dialogue.
Yup.

__________________
"Perception is the enemy of reason."

-Me
The Guard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 06:03 PM   #98
whatsername
Newbie First Class
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Germany
Posts: 20
Default Re: Have you seen the movie multiple times? If yes, has your opinion changed?

Yes, first time I saw it, I loved the visuals but wasn't into Lex, thought the storytelling was lacking and some of my expectations hadn't been met.
Then I read some of the comments on here and saw it again and it did get better and now with a third viewing, I feel like I really got where they were going with the story and Batman & Supermans conflict and Lex. So I guess it went from a 7.5 to a solid 9 for me. I love it.

whatsername is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 06:16 PM   #99
Reel-Man
Side-Kick
 
Reel-Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 3,200
Default Re: Have you seen the movie multiple times? If yes, has your opinion changed?

Right now it's at a 9 for me. I'm wondering if this rating will hold up Tuesday or not.

Reel-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 06:31 PM   #100
gqxsensazn
Side-Kick
 
gqxsensazn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 464
Default Re: Have you seen the movie multiple times? If yes, has your opinion changed?

Second time was much better. It gave me a chance to really look for the details and enjoy the movie more. My opinion is much higher after the repeating viewing.

gqxsensazn is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:41 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of Mandatory Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2018 All Rights Reserved.