The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

View Poll Results: Has seeing the movie multiple times changed your opinion on it?
Yes, it's better 110 45.08%
No, it's worse 26 10.66%
Unchanged, enjoyed it 50 20.49%
Unchanged, did not enjoy 20 8.20%
Have only watched it once 33 13.52%
Will not watch based on reviews 5 2.05%
Voters: 244. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-27-2016, 06:34 PM   #101
Andreth
Side-Kick

Default Re: Have you seen the movie multiple times? If yes, has your opinion changed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLanternKal View Post
Yeah, Snyder's films tend to really grow on people on repeat viewings. That's not something you can say of a lot of other film makers. Not making comparisons, but Stanley Kubrick's films had that same quality. Critics hated The Shinning when that dropped and today it's considered a classic. Some food for thought. Don't forget to scrape the plate.
I had the opposite effect with MoS. The first time I thought I liked it but I felt so confused. After a second time and a third viewing I just got more and more dissappointed.

Old 03-27-2016, 06:40 PM   #102
Ovech-king
Side-Kick

Default Re: Have you seen the movie multiple times? If yes, has your opinion changed?

I was very slightly disappointed wit the BvS fight length and the fact that it was only one fight (after reading I guess too much false informations in the last year, lol) but otherwise the 2nd viewing only tightened everything I loved on the first view

Ovech-king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 08:10 PM   #103
CGNefarious
Side-Kick

I've seen it three times now. The first time I loved it, but there were things I missed. The second viewing helped me catch so much. Because I knew the plot I was able to easily tie everything together and see the little hints that Snyder dropped all throughout the film. It wasn't quite as joyous as seeing it for the first time (nothing ever is), but it did help me appreciate the film more.

Also, I saw it for the first time by myself at a pre-screening. The reactions at the theater were great, but I got home to see all the negative reviews, so I questioned whether or not I let my love of the characters cloud my judgement on the quality of the film. Seeing it with my friends the next two times, none of whom are big fans like I am, and seeing how much they all enjoyed it as well, that really helped me share my enjoyment.

I have a friend who saw it twice (he thought Man of Steel was OK, but absolutely loved Batman v Superman), and he agreed that it was better on a second viewing. We discussed the film for two and a half hours after leaving the theater.

Batman v Superman theater count: 3
CGNefarious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 08:27 PM   #104
vanson
Side-Kick

liked it the first time.
loved it the second time.

by then you know the basic beats and can really see how stuff gets set up... for example the senator scenes with lex are just great when you know what he does.

vanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 10:06 PM   #105
smsvmos
Side-Kick

Sadly for me the score dropped in my 2nd viewing from 11 out 10 to 10 out 5 stars Oh sorry my mistake I guess it went Up I absolutely love this film.

smsvmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 10:16 PM   #106
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

I STILL have to get out for a second and third viewing. Swamped with things and money is tight because of it.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.

http://www.tobecontinuedafanboypodcast.com/ To Be Continued A Fanboy Podcast: THE INCREDIBLES 2 Spoiler Review Discussion.
KRYPTON INC. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 10:19 PM   #107
lukebrodyg
Side-Kick

Saw it for the second time and I enjoyed it even more. The story was much more fleshed out than first impressions and there were several story beats I couldn't wait to get to again. That is evidence of a good movie for me.

First viewing: 7.5/8
Second viewing: 8/8.5

lukebrodyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 10:20 PM   #108
bluearth
Side-Kick

Liked it more with a second viewing

Score went from a 3/5 to a 4/5

I think it had alot to do with appreciating the film we got, instead of what I wanted. I had 3 years to build a movie in my mind of what I expected this to be like. Disappointment was the only possible outcome.

bluearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 11:50 PM   #109
TX85
Banned User

I've enjoyed going through the thread, Only seen it once but loved it and give it an 8.5/10, Will definitely see it again soon though.

TX85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 12:03 AM   #110
Reel-Man
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluearth View Post
Liked it more with a second viewing

Score went from a 3/5 to a 4/5

I think it had alot to do with appreciating the film we got, instead of what I wanted. I had 3 years to build a movie in my mind of what I expected this to be like. Disappointment was the only possible outcome.
I'm fairly certain this is one of the biggest issues why people aren't rating it higher. Some probably will refuse to even watch it a second time because they are worried they might change their mind. Who knows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX85 View Post
I've enjoyed going through the thread, Only seen it once but loved it and give it an 8.5/10, Will definitely see it again soon though.
Great to hear. Thanks for the kind words and hope there will be more interesting additions here.

Reel-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 10:30 AM   #111
hopefuldreamer
Clark Kent > Superman

So after a third time, I guess some of the excitement/buzz has worn off and I'm actually starting to feel disappointed with it in terms of Superman's characterisation and the general tone of misery

hopefuldreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 10:36 AM   #112
Reel-Man
Side-Kick

How much would you rate it now compared to the other times? The movie does end on a very sad and somber mood, which I can understand not being the best as a Superman fan.

Old 03-28-2016, 11:13 AM   #113
Astorgh
Side-Kick

It was...weird for me. The first time I saw it, I liked it. The second one, I loved it. The third one, I still loved it but I saw many flaws I couldn't see before. I think I was influenced by the many reviews and reactions I've seen. I still love it, but man it has flaws.

Astorgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 11:17 AM   #114
Astorgh
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefuldreamer View Post
So after a third time, I guess some of the excitement/buzz has worn off and I'm actually starting to feel disappointed with it in terms of Superman's characterisation and the general tone of misery
Weird that that same thing happened to me the third time. I now care for Superman more than I have ever cared.

Astorgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 12:08 PM   #115
Demon Hunter
Side-Kick

How is that possible? Superman got the most out of this movie!
Yes, random people will shout that Batman was the story, but was he really?

It all starts and ends with Superman. Throughout the whole movie they hate him and want him gone. In the end, when he sacrifices himself for humanity, everyone understands they need Supermen. He even gets a military funeral with all the honours.

His death means so much in this movie as he not only affects how people see him, but also Batman and Diana's lives. Both decide to change their ways and even focus on finding the others and starting the League.
What more can one want from a Superman movie?

As for my viewing experience, I started with 10 out of 10 on first viewing, but this was due to all my hype.
The second viewing I got a more clear head and I set on score 9 out of 10.
Conclusion: I frikkin' love this movie and will definitely buy the Director's Cut blu-ray.

I think Zack did a fantastic job and to be honest... nobody does comic book movies like he does. I believe in his vision and I can't wait to see more from HIM.

Last edited by Demon Hunter; 03-28-2016 at 03:34 PM.
Demon Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 12:18 PM   #116
O_B_Juan
Your only hope

After a second viewing my opinion didn't change but I did buy a Batfleck t-shirt.

O_B_Juan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 01:16 PM   #117
Reel-Man
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by O_B_Juan View Post
After a second viewing my opinion didn't change but I did buy a Batfleck t-shirt.
I want to see that!

Old 03-28-2016, 01:21 PM   #118
OutOfBoose
Russian Hacker

First viewing 9/10.
Second viewing 9/10. I don't know what dark arts they used on me, but I was completely spellbound by this film both times.

I'm gonna go again.

OutOfBoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 01:22 PM   #119
Jumpman
Side-Kick

3 viewings and it's made my top ten of the genre. The Ultimate Cut could put it in the top five!

Jumpman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 01:48 PM   #120
Tra-El
Side-Kick

3rd viewing today. Going to the 4:40 show so leaving here in about an hour.

Suicide Squad : 2
Wonder Woman: 3
Justice League: 2
Aquaman
Shazam!
Wonder Woman: 1984
Tra-El is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 03:24 PM   #121
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound

Seen it twice already and its' the same, I liked it or Unchanged, enjoyed it.

Fallen Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 03:25 PM   #122
Boom
I got nothin'

Saw it twice. Really no strong desire to see it again.

Feel the same way about it.

Old 03-28-2016, 03:32 PM   #123
Reel-Man
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom View Post
Saw it twice. Really no strong desire to see it again.

Feel the same way about it.
What did you vote?

Old 03-28-2016, 03:35 PM   #124
JOE

One of the first CBM's in a long time that I've had no desire to view a second time, even when it hits Netflix/online.

Old 03-28-2016, 03:40 PM   #125
hopefuldreamer
Clark Kent > Superman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reel-Man View Post
How much would you rate it now compared to the other times? The movie does end on a very sad and somber mood, which I can understand not being the best as a Superman fan.
I think i'd have given it a 8/8.5 at first, but it's gone down to a 7. I still enjoy it... but some of the love has gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astorgh View Post
Weird that that same thing happened to me the third time. I now care for Superman more than I have ever cared.
Yeah. It's just hard not to be sad about some stuff.

hopefuldreamer is offline   Reply With Quote