The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Old 04-07-2016, 06:58 AM   #51
Blackman
C'mon Son

Default Re: How would you have changed the plot in BvS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IncognitoWalrus View Post
This is a long one, but here we go.

Open with death of Robin, Batman unmasks while cradling Robin's body, revealing his face. This is cross-cut with the death of Bruce Wayne's parents.
Title: Batman v Superman
Metropolis battle flashback from Bruce's POV

18 months later...

Superman is performing saves around the world after the Metropolis attack. He's a popular figure among the downtrodden and now the charming hero we expect him to be. As a gesture of peace, he has allowed the US government to keep the scout ship. The world still is unsure how to feel about him, so he's trying very hard to prove himself a savior.

He has a quiet life with Lois, but he's frustrated that his Superman persona is limited by geopolitics and his own fallibility, and cannot do more to help people. He can hear the cries every day of those he can't save, and this saddens him.

In Gotham, Batman has grown more ruthless since the rumored death of Robin at the hands of the Joker five years ago. We open with the warehouse action scene and a subsequent car cahse, and KGBeast is easily dispatched and branded, while many of his men are killed. Alfred warns Bruce in the Batcave that he no longer is what he used to be, implying that he enjoys hurting people now. Bruce argues back that his no-kill rule is what cost Robin his life.

We find Lex Luthor, jealous of Superman's power, convincing the government to give him access to the scout ship and the World Engine, and he finds Kryptonite. He contacts Bruce at a gala in Gotham. Bruce drops his playboy persona around him and Lex offers him some Kryptonite, which Bruce accepts later at Wayne Enterprises.

Back at Wayne Manor, Bruce analyzes the Kryptonite and Lex's data. Alfred seems disturbed by Bruce's obsession with Superman, but goes along with Bruce's plan to develop weapons that can stop him. Alfred asks Bruce if he's ever considered Superman may have a human persona, but Bruce rejects the notion and can only see Superman as inhuman.

Meanwhile, Clark catches wind of Batman's vigilantism and decides that if he can't do all he can as Superman, he should at least try to as Clark Kent. He and Lois venture to Gotham to expose Batman as a criminal. Clark visits GCPD, looks through old records, and discovers Batman's appearance coincides with Bruce Wayne's return to Gotham 20 years ago. He also finds out Batman's methods used to be less brutal. Lois focuses on Batman's high-tech gadgets and discovers Wayne Enterprises invested in projects like a powerful military car and a grappel gun that were eventually canned - and are used by Batman.

That night, some of Luthor's experimental drones are hacked in Gotham and turn on its citizens, forcing Superman and Batman to come to the city's rescue. Superman easily takes out some drones and does so while protecting people, while Batman brutally knocks them out of the sky with the Batwing, forcing Superman to stop the debris from hitting the city. The two of heroes angrily confront each other after the battle. Superman warns Batman to stop his cruelty or stop being a vigilante, and reveals he doesn't need X-ray vision to know he is Bruce Wayne; Batman warns Superman that his time will come and asks him if he bleeds. Superman flies back to Metropolis.

Clark and Lois are assigned to interview Luthor after the disaster. Luthor appears distraught over the incident, and disparages Superman's intervention as "reckless." Clark, visibly hurt by the comment, argues that Superman is here to do good and he wants to help people, but Luthor says humanity should not be lifted up by gods, that humanity should rise up on their own to be stronger. Clark leaves the interview bitter. A scene reveals Luthor has been tailing Clark for some time now and knows he is Superman.

Clark later confides in Lois that he's tired of being hurt by what people think of him. Lois suggests he hold a press conference and announce his intentions to the world. Then he flies off to save a girl from committing suicide, and we see he has to make a complete 180 and become the shoulder to lean on.

Meanwhile, Bruce finishes developing the Kryptonite weapons. Bruce gives Alfred his 1% speech and tells him he is going to save the world. Alfred reveals how much he despises what Bruce is becoming and leaves Wayne Manor. Bruce later leaves for another gala, which Clark is covering. Clark confronts Bruce, revealing his identity. Bruce is initially taken aback, but rejects Clark's humanity. Clark tells Bruce he won't let him hurt any more people; Bruce says the same.

Lex learns more about the ship and decides to create Doomsday as a fail-safe in case the upcoming battle does not go as planned. Mercy Graves asks him why he didn't use Doomsday first. Lex replies he wants humanity to make God bow.

Superman contacts the mayor of Metropolis and a press conference is later held at the Black Zero memorial (there is no Supes statue yet). Superman is suddenly weakened by a Kryptonite ray from an unknown source and his heat vision goes nuts, destroying part of the park and city. Clark thinks Bruce is behind it; Bruce thinks Clark attacked the city. Superman flies away. The city goes on high alert.

That night, Batman calls Superman to Gotham. Before going, Clark and Lois talk. Lois tells him not to go, that she doesn't think Bruce is behind it, and even if he is, Clark should go through the police instead. Clark refuses, telling her that Superman needs to prove himself, not be saved by others.

Lois frantically attempts to stop the fight.

Superman arrives, and both accuse the other of causing the disaster. The fight is vicious as both heroes tear through an abandoned part of Gotham. The fight ends when Superman restrains himself from crippling Batman, allowing Batman to gain the upper hand with the Kryptonite spear. Clark tells Bruce to tell Lois he loves her just as Lois bursts in from a DP helicopter. This stops Bruce from killing him, as he realizes he is becoming a murderer.

Superman and Batman both realize they are on the same side. They head back to the Batcave, where the three of them deduce that Lex is behind all this. The drones were used to bring them into conflict and he supplied the Kryptonite. Superman and Batman go to Lex at the scout ship, where he unleashes Doomsday. Superman and Batman lead Doomsday away from Metropolis and back to Gotham, where Superman kills Doomsday with the Kryptonite spear.

Back at LexCorp, Superman confronts Lex from outside his office. They discuss Superman's place in the world, and Superman parts telling Lex that he will always be watching. Lex rejects Superman's human identity as a sham. In the end, Lex is secretly horrified by what he has done in his attempt to destroy Superman.

In the aftermath, Superman and Batman are hailed as public heroes, and Clark finally feels satisfied with his heroism. A Supes statue is unveiled. Lex has blamed the incident on the Kryptonian technology and holdover genetic experiments, and suggested that the ship's technology was responsible for causing Superman's powers to go crazy. Bruce reunites with Alfred.

At the Kent Farm, Clark and Bruce decide to work together, and Clark urges they they assemble a league to solve the problems they alone cannot.

Closing title: Dawn of Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom View Post
Couple of extremely random thoughts.

- Take out the Justice League teasers. Wonder Woman included.
- Have more emphasis on the good that Superman does. Not just that he's saving people, but allow the audience some opportunities to see him being heroic without being bogged down by controversy. Show his down-to-earth nature. He doesn't think himself above these people, so show him interacting with them on a human level. Show them that he's not so different. Put Cavill's charm and humor to better use. And after being Superman for two years, he should be more resolved in what he's doing. Someone like him is going to face animosity and skepticism. He should have the emotional strength and moral fortitude to press on against it.
- Change Luthor's characterization so he's not some spastic weirdo with a daddy complex.
- I'd reduce Batman to more of a supporting role. i don't mind him having an existential crisis, and I don't mind him harboring some resentment towards Superman, but I'd definitely refrain from showing Batman as someone who had been pushed to torturing and murdering people.
- Drop Doomsday altogether. In the wake of Superman's arrival, Wayne Enterprises and LexCorp partner up on a new program to defend the world against metahumans: OMAC. Things go haywire in the end when the program's first test subjects are driven mad with power. The purpose here is to demonstrate what happens when humans are given God-like powers. They get drunk off the power. Superman, meanwhile, maintains his humanity, humility, and empathy despite his powers.
- I honestly would drop the Batman versus Superman angle altogether. You could show Batman planning some type of contingency against Superman throughout the film, conducting his own investigations into him while Luthor's attempts to destroy him in the media, but he has a change of heart when he witnesses Superman do something that hits close to home (Superman talking down a suicidal teenager).
- After turning public support mostly against Superman, Lex shoots him with a Kryptonite bullet and has his men dump his dying body beneath his statue in Heroes Park. Batman, having seen Superman save the young girl's life earlier, swoops in and saves him.
- While Alfred attends to Superman's wounds, Batman investigates LexCorp. He is attacked by the OMAC test subjects. Superman, after regains consciousness and flies to help Batman (despite Alfred's objections). Have Superman save Batman's life against the OMACs.
- While Superman deals with the OMACs, Batman tracks down Luthor (who is, of course, holed up somewhere with plenty of security).
- Superman defeats the OMACs (for the world to see), and Batman brings down Luthor. Superman and Luthor share a moment where their arch rivalry is all but solidified, before Luthor is taken into custody by the police.
- Once the OMACs and Luthor are defeated, Bruce catches Clark outside the Daily Planet and tells him to get in his car. He tells Alfred to drive to an undisclosed location. While in the car, Bruce and Clark discuss their ideologies and what they stand for. Bruce concedes in the end that he was wrong about Superman. Clark, in turn, confides in Bruce that it is difficult having so many people against you, but that he will not let it dishearten him. "We don't always deal in absolutes," says Bruce. "Sometimes you have to take the small victories." They arrive at a diner and Bruce tells him to have a cup of coffee. Bruce and Alfred drive off. Clark goes inside and sits down. The television is on a news station that is in the middle of a heated argument about Superman. Clark tries not to let it get to him, when a woman asks him if he's been helped yet. It's the suicidal teenager he had helped earlier, and after a moment she recognizes him. Cue Henry Cavill's boyish grin.
- I really would have tried to make this more of a Superman movie with Batman in a supporting role.
Christ, both of these are so dope. Just a real bummer that we didn't get anything like these

The only thing I don't really like is how Luthor knows Supes is Clark. I know the whole concept of Clark Kent is shaky (unless you set it up right like in Superman: Birthright) and Lex is the smartest guy around but I still like Lex not knowing. Hell I like Lois not knowing at the beginning but they threw that out the window

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorkyFresh View Post
I know some people don't like Max Landis, but he seriously had one of the best ideas for a sequel to MOS that I ever came across. Granted it's not perfect, but it's a very solid pitch that had potential for some epic scenes. His pitch, which he came up with basically on the spot, is here...

If you don't want to watch it, here's the rundown...

...following the events of MOS, Superman is a controversial figure. After all, his first appearance to the world was when Zod arrived. Clark has been working at the Daily Planet for a while but considers giving up his city life, along with being Superman, to move back to the farm with his mom, but he's suddenly sent on one last assignment...to interview Lex Luthor. During the interview Lex uses his intelligence, personality and charisma to get Clark to trust him. He then reveals that he knows that Clark is Superman and that he wants to help him repair Superman's image by being his international eyes and ears, giving him intel on major crisis so Superman can save people and stop disastrous events. In essence, Luthor is sponsoring Superman but in return Luthor, in the guise of bettering humanity, needs favors from Superman such as repairing facilities. So then we get to see Superman doing Superman-type things like saving people and preventing disasters and the collective consciousness starts to look favorably upon Superman.

That's when Clark gets a visit in his apartment from a mysterious figure. This figure tries to convince Clark that he can't trust Lex because he has bigger plans and bad intentions. Clark realizes this figure is the infamous Batman from Gotham. Batman tries to persuade Clark to work for him, instead of Luthor, in order to unify the world's greatest heroes, but to no avail.

Luthor then convinces Superman that the other metahumans, demigods, and aliens are scary and a threat to mankind saying things like "This flash of red has powers that are out of control. This woman is a serial killer. It's a wonder she hasn't been caught yet. This bow and arrow guy is another vigilante. And this martian is a monstrous manhunter." So with strategic and tactical help from Lex Luthor, Superman hunts and captures all of them. He then reveals to Superman that what he's created by capturing everyone is a sovereign force more powerful than any on Earth. This team can take down an army. No nation in the world can stand against them. Essentially Lex can rule the world. Red flags start appearing to Superman, but Lex tells Superman his next job is to take out Batman.

Torn between his loyalty to Lex (he DID help Superman repair his international image) and his new found skepticism, he reluctantly confronts Batman but ends up joining him and going rogue. Superman realizes that he can't physically or lawfully go head to head with Lex and that what he needs to do is to free those that he captured. Him and Batman stage a jailbreak to free the prisoners. This prompts Lex to send his Luthor droids to combat the prisoners. Superman takes command and shouts out orders and tactics to the freed prisoners in order to minimize civilian casualties and property damage. Superman pinpoints one Luthor droid and rips it open. Lex is in it. "What are you doing? You can't kill me! You destroyed half the city...." but in reality, thanks to Superman's leadership, Metropolis is almost unharmed. Superman taps Luthor on his head, knocking him out. The Justice League has now been formed.

Not a fan of Landis's pitch. A good idea though is Lex tricking Supes by claiming to help his public image.

A thing I really liked in IncognitoWalrus's pitch is that Lex is free at the end. I dont think Lex shouldve gone to jail this early in the game.

Blackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 11:25 AM   #52
IncognitoWalrus
Tusks of Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackman View Post

A thing I really liked in IncognitoWalrus's pitch is that Lex is free at the end. I dont think Lex shouldve gone to jail this early in the game.
Thanks Blackman!

I think the first fight between Superman and Lex should be a moral battle as well and Superman should emerge a moral victor, rather than defeating Lex completely.

I didn't say in my pitch, but I envision Lex erasing all the evidence of his handiwork inside the ship before heading back to LexCorp, ensuring Superman and Batman don't have anything to pin on him by the time the Doomsday battle is over. In their conversation, Superman also tells Lex he will tell the Metropolis police, but Lex tells him all the evidence is gone. This would lead into Lex telling Superman why he did what he did. They would part with these last words to each other:

Lex: You haven't won. Not today.
Superman: No, I haven't. But one day I will. One day, I will save you.

Last edited by IncognitoWalrus; 04-07-2016 at 11:28 AM.
IncognitoWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 11:11 AM   #53
Tra-El
Side-Kick

As much as I love Hans Zimmer, I think it's time to get a composure that can lift the score to a much more hopeful tune and inspiring ideas through musical connection. Hans is a legend, but we've had him for the entire TDKTRILOGY and the first 2 darker films of the DCEU. The score is as important to setting the tone and how the audience's connect with the movie just as much as the directors visual storytelling does. I think a fresh take is needed in music.

Suicide Squad : 2
Wonder Woman: 3
Justice League: 2
Aquaman
Shazam!
Wonder Woman: 1984
Tra-El is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 11:34 AM   #54
-Arya-
Brightest Day

Moving forward, it would be beneficial to focus on building the characters. Do not even bother with philosophical themes about what superheroes are or anything like that. Do that stuff once you have a solid foundation.

-Arya- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 03:35 PM   #55
Rowsdower!
Banned User

Yeah seriously. I really don't need philosophical themes in a film about an alien who can fly and a guy who dresses up like a bat. If you can pull it off and still make it a good movie, great. But if you can't, then don't try it. Snyder can't.

Rowsdower! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 05:04 PM   #56
MrsKent26
Whatever.

For starters, I'd make this a semi-World's Finest movie.

-I'd have it set maybe about 6 months post MOS. The major clean-up is done, but the world is still adjusting to superman

-open it with a typical day in the life of superman. The first shot in the movie would be on him sitting up high, like that famous Frank Quitely art and assessing who he should save first. Then we'd see a short series of rescues. They'd be personal; we'd seem him interact a little, reassure people, and put on a little charm where appropriate. Then we'd get a glimpse of his Clark life. He'd take the subway to work. We'd see him talk to Jimmy and Lois a little.
- Now that Clark is introduced, the trouble starts. We'd be introduced to batman. He'd be watching the superman rescues for that day on the news and musing about the whole thing. He'd have a flashback about the Metropolis incident (I'd use the exact scene from BvS for this). We'd see here why he's leery about superman.
-Then we'd see some daily planet stuff, during which Perry assigns Clark to cover some event, like in BvS, where both Lex and Bruce are in attendance. Bruce and Lex meet. I'd have Lex be more traditional, like the Lex in Man of Steel. He hears Bruce make some comment about how he's not so sure superman is the savior everyone thinks he is. Lex latches onto this and has a conversation about "the superman problem" with Bruce. Lex makes his motivates clear here. He doesn't like the idea that we are all at superman's mercy. He doesn't like the idea that an alien has become so beloved in such a short while and it's taken him his whole life to get to where he is. They both agree that superman should answer some questions about the Metropolis battle. Meanwhile, Clark is getting suspicious of Lex as he overhears him talking to some business associates about some illegal doings. We hear more of Lex when he's away from Bruce, more on his jealousy and utter insecurity at what he things is superman telling people how to live, but he holds that back from Bruce.
- Lex pulls some strings with Senator Finch and the hearing occurs. Naturally superman shows up. There is some back and forth regarding superman's intentions. People complain that it's unfair that some people get rescued and others don't, that superman interferes with global politics and such. Superman defends himself, but some still have reservations, while the rest love him. People who have been rescued by him stand up for him.
- After the hearing, superman is involved in a controversial rescue of some kind, but it'd be much different than what BVS did. Perhaps it has to do with countries fighting for "custody" of superman. They all want him to be officially on their side, but he explained in the hearing that he is for the world. Perhaps he enters a war zone and recuses POWs or something. There's more out-cry about his interference in political affairs. He defends himself by saying he only rescued some suffering people; he did not stop a war. He would have rescued POWs of any nationality from anywhere. Lex uses this as his podium and publicly denounces superman and accuses him of saying one thing at the hearing and doing another. He attacks superman's alien nature and creates a sort of mob of anti-alien followers. Batman grows more suspicious, thinking perhaps superman is getting out of bounds, but also sees the good superman does. He's conflicted.
- Meanwhile Clark decides to investigate Lex for the DP. Perry doesn't like it. Thinks Lex with strike back at the DP. Lois is game to take on anyone and convinces Perry to allow it. They investigate Lex's illegal activities and "rough" business dealings. The finish and article on Lex's corruption and it's published. Lex is furious. "Who are these journalists?!" His image is tarnished. He demands to have a meeting with Clark and Lois. He figures out Clark is superman and the hate comes to a boiling point in him. "I will ruin you like you ruined me." He then threatens to tell people Clark is superman. "I will tell people who you really are." Clark replies, "I don't think you will." Lex asks "why?" Clark says "Because I know who you really are. Clark Kent saying it in the DP is one thing. But what if superman said it?" Lex glares at him. Clark takes off his glasses (he and Lex are in private now) and glares right back.
- it seems Lex is stuck, but he isn't. Behind the scenes, he's still plotting. Superman knows this. He's heard of "the batman." He decides that this batman is someone who might side with him against Lex and help his cause. So, he seeks batman out. He think batman, after hearing about his works, is somewhat of a gruffer kindred spirit.
- Then we'd have the epic meeting: Superman is floating around Metropolis, looking for the bat. He'd hear a noise, a struggle of some kind. He'd float towards it. We'd see the batman intro from BvS with him on the roof and the people saying "it saved us (it was perfect and very creature of the night-ish). When batman escapes the gun fire and scuttles away, he'd bump right into the superman. Superman would be his jovial self and extend his hand. Batman is still leery of him, but recognizes an opportunity to get close to the alien and do some detective work. So, he shakes his had and acts cautiously interested in what superman says. He agrees to help superman take on Lex.
- So batman is essentially a double agent. He talks to Lex and he talks to Superman. He pretends to be on both sides, but in reality, he hasn't picked his side yet. He just likes to keep tabs on people. He helps Clark uncover more dirt on Lex and helps Lex understand how Clark functions and uses his powers. At some point, Clark mentions how a rock found with the World Engine wreckage affected him physically. Of course, I'd have Clark keep the rock and all the Kryptonian stuff locked in his fortress instead of leaving it lying around like an idiot. He trusts batman and we'll see them have some fun banter and become friends. Eventually, he lets batman see his fortress. Batman now has the knowledge to get the magical rock. He is conflict again. Should he use the knowledge? Does he need to. He remembers the concept of "relying on the kindness of monsters." Should the world really take superman's word? Or should they have a way to control superman if need be? Superman has such trust in batman, that he makes him a promise: He says that he understands humanity fear and how hard it is for people to trust him absolutely. So, he entrusts Bruce with the Kryptonite. He tells Bruce to use it if he ever gets out of hand. Bruce is touched. And agrees.
- He decides not to tell Lex about his findings. He knows Lex is ruthless. He's smart enough to realize that weapons should not be in Lex's hands. So, he keeps the info to himself for now. But Lex is smart too: During his next meeting with batman, he can tell something is amiss. He can tell Bruce knows something. He orchestrates and diversion for Bruce. While Bruce is tending to that, he breaks into his cave and finds the rock. He's not sure what it's for at the time, but takes it anyways.
- Lex decides to have his team do some experimenting. Perhaps Metallo is created for a physical threat. Lex intends to use Metallo to get rid of superman and put himself back on top of the chain of "human" achievement.
- We'd then see a cool Supes vs Metallo fight. Superman is devastated. He thinks batman sold him out. Perhaps he struggles in the fight a little.
- Batman is also devastated. He had come around to superman's side after getting to know Clark and receiving his trust. He rushes to Clark's aid.
- Together, they defeat Metallo, but perhaps some civilians died in the struggle. Superman is horrified by this and enraged at Lex .A group of people have gathered around, in the rubble from the Metallo fight. Some of them want superman to finish Lex off (perhaps they've lost loved ones and see that superman thinks Lex is to blame). They form a mob around Lex, saying things like "he did this!" "Get him!" Then superman parts the crowd. He comes at Lex with his eyes blazing and for once, Lex appears truly frightened. Superman grabs Lex's face and seemingly prepares to execute Lex by heat vision blast. "You did this! You killed them" he says of the fallen civilians. Some of the people chant "finish him!" But superman holds back and says "It appears that my existence is more painful to you than any punishment. And I am still here." He looks down at the symbol on his chest."Hope. It's indestructible." And he puts Lex down. The people are awed and humbled. They back away. Superman turns to them. "Let him face justice, but not this." Superman proceeds to comfort them and help the ones he can. Batman is also awed. He explains that he didn't sell supes out and they shake hands.
- Lastly, we get one little snippet of batman and superman working together to stop crime. Batman is all serious business and is intimidating someone into talking. Superman is in the background musing about how he wishes he had his own version of batman's light on top of the building. Batman turns to him with a "do you mind, I'm working!" look and supes says something about "You had better get used to this. I hear there's some more people like us out there..." That's out tease for JL and cue some heroic music.

There. That's just something I made up on the spot, so don't judge it too harshly, lol.

Old 04-09-2016, 05:28 PM   #57
Doctor Octopus
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom View Post
Couple of extremely random thoughts.

- Take out the Justice League teasers. Wonder Woman included.
- Have more emphasis on the good that Superman does. Not just that he's saving people, but allow the audience some opportunities to see him being heroic without being bogged down by controversy. Show his down-to-earth nature. He doesn't think himself above these people, so show him interacting with them on a human level. Show them that he's not so different. Put Cavill's charm and humor to better use. And after being Superman for two years, he should be more resolved in what he's doing. Someone like him is going to face animosity and skepticism. He should have the emotional strength and moral fortitude to press on against it.
- Change Luthor's characterization so he's not some spastic weirdo with a daddy complex.
- I'd reduce Batman to more of a supporting role. i don't mind him having an existential crisis, and I don't mind him harboring some resentment towards Superman, but I'd definitely refrain from showing Batman as someone who had been pushed to torturing and murdering people.
- Drop Doomsday altogether. In the wake of Superman's arrival, Wayne Enterprises and LexCorp partner up on a new program to defend the world against metahumans: OMAC. Things go haywire in the end when the program's first test subjects are driven mad with power. The purpose here is to demonstrate what happens when humans are given God-like powers. They get drunk off the power. Superman, meanwhile, maintains his humanity, humility, and empathy despite his powers.
- I honestly would drop the Batman versus Superman angle altogether. You could show Batman planning some type of contingency against Superman throughout the film, conducting his own investigations into him while Luthor's attempts to destroy him in the media, but he has a change of heart when he witnesses Superman do something that hits close to home (Superman talking down a suicidal teenager).
- After turning public support mostly against Superman, Lex shoots him with a Kryptonite bullet and has his men dump his dying body beneath his statue in Heroes Park. Batman, having seen Superman save the young girl's life earlier, swoops in and saves him.
- While Alfred attends to Superman's wounds, Batman investigates LexCorp. He is attacked by the OMAC test subjects. Superman, after regains consciousness and flies to help Batman (despite Alfred's objections). Have Superman save Batman's life against the OMACs.
- While Superman deals with the OMACs, Batman tracks down Luthor (who is, of course, holed up somewhere with plenty of security).
- Superman defeats the OMACs (for the world to see), and Batman brings down Luthor. Superman and Luthor share a moment where their arch rivalry is all but solidified, before Luthor is taken into custody by the police.
- Once the OMACs and Luthor are defeated, Bruce catches Clark outside the Daily Planet and tells him to get in his car. He tells Alfred to drive to an undisclosed location. While in the car, Bruce and Clark discuss their ideologies and what they stand for. Bruce concedes in the end that he was wrong about Superman. Clark, in turn, confides in Bruce that it is difficult having so many people against you, but that he will not let it dishearten him. "We don't always deal in absolutes," says Bruce. "Sometimes you have to take the small victories." They arrive at a diner and Bruce tells him to have a cup of coffee. Bruce and Alfred drive off. Clark goes inside and sits down. The television is on a news station that is in the middle of a heated argument about Superman. Clark tries not to let it get to him, when a woman asks him if he's been helped yet. It's the suicidal teenager he had helped earlier, and after a moment she recognizes him. Cue Henry Cavill's boyish grin.
- I really would have tried to make this more of a Superman movie with Batman in a supporting role.
These sound best to me.

Doctor Octopus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 05:32 PM   #58
DACrowe
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seahawksfan View Post
For all of the armchair screenplay writers, I wanted to ask what you would have done differently re: the plot. The only thing I'd immediately do would be to scrap the Louis Lane investigation subplot. What would you do?
Not let Zack Snyder anywhere near it. [/thread]

--John Adams
DACrowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 05:32 PM   #59
Blackman
C'mon Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsKent26 View Post
For starters, I'd make this a semi-World's Finest movie.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

-I'd have it set maybe about 6 months post MOS. The major clean-up is done, but the world is still adjusting to superman

-open it with a typical day in the life of superman. The first shot in the movie would be on him sitting up high, like that famous Frank Quitely art and assessing who he should save first. Then we'd see a short series of rescues. They'd be personal; we'd seem him interact a little, reassure people, and put on a little charm where appropriate. Then we'd get a glimpse of his Clark life. He'd take the subway to work. We'd see him talk to Jimmy and Lois a little.
- Now that Clark is introduced, the trouble starts. We'd be introduced to batman. He'd be watching the superman rescues for that day on the news and musing about the whole thing. He'd have a flashback about the Metropolis incident (I'd use the exact scene from BvS for this). We'd see here why he's leery about superman.
-Then we'd see some daily planet stuff, during which Perry assigns Clark to cover some event, like in BvS, where both Lex and Bruce are in attendance. Bruce and Lex meet. I'd have Lex be more traditional, like the Lex in Man of Steel. He hears Bruce make some comment about how he's not so sure superman is the savior everyone thinks he is. Lex latches onto this and has a conversation about "the superman problem" with Bruce. Lex makes his motivates clear here. He doesn't like the idea that we are all at superman's mercy. He doesn't like the idea that an alien has become so beloved in such a short while and it's taken him his whole life to get to where he is. They both agree that superman should answer some questions about the Metropolis battle. Meanwhile, Clark is getting suspicious of Lex as he overhears him talking to some business associates about some illegal doings. We hear more of Lex when he's away from Bruce, more on his jealousy and utter insecurity at what he things is superman telling people how to live, but he holds that back from Bruce.
- Lex pulls some strings with Senator Finch and the hearing occurs. Naturally superman shows up. There is some back and forth regarding superman's intentions. People complain that it's unfair that some people get rescued and others don't, that superman interferes with global politics and such. Superman defends himself, but some still have reservations, while the rest love him. People who have been rescued by him stand up for him.
- After the hearing, superman is involved in a controversial rescue of some kind, but it'd be much different than what BVS did. Perhaps it has to do with countries fighting for "custody" of superman. They all want him to be officially on their side, but he explained in the hearing that he is for the world. Perhaps he enters a war zone and recuses POWs or something. There's more out-cry about his interference in political affairs. He defends himself by saying he only rescued some suffering people; he did not stop a war. He would have rescued POWs of any nationality from anywhere. Lex uses this as his podium and publicly denounces superman and accuses him of saying one thing at the hearing and doing another. He attacks superman's alien nature and creates a sort of mob of anti-alien followers. Batman grows more suspicious, thinking perhaps superman is getting out of bounds, but also sees the good superman does. He's conflicted.
- Meanwhile Clark decides to investigate Lex for the DP. Perry doesn't like it. Thinks Lex with strike back at the DP. Lois is game to take on anyone and convinces Perry to allow it. They investigate Lex's illegal activities and "rough" business dealings. The finish and article on Lex's corruption and it's published. Lex is furious. "Who are these journalists?!" His image is tarnished. He demands to have a meeting with Clark and Lois. He figures out Clark is superman and the hate comes to a boiling point in him. "I will ruin you like you ruined me." He then threatens to tell people Clark is superman. "I will tell people who you really are." Clark replies, "I don't think you will." Lex asks "why?" Clark says "Because I know who you really are. Clark Kent saying it in the DP is one thing. But what if superman said it?" Lex glares at him. Clark takes off his glasses (he and Lex are in private now) and glares right back.
- it seems Lex is stuck, but he isn't. Behind the scenes, he's still plotting. Superman knows this. He's heard of "the batman." He decides that this batman is someone who might side with him against Lex and help his cause. So, he seeks batman out. He think batman, after hearing about his works, is somewhat of a gruffer kindred spirit.
- Then we'd have the epic meeting: Superman is floating around Metropolis, looking for the bat. He'd hear a noise, a struggle of some kind. He'd float towards it. We'd see the batman intro from BvS with him on the roof and the people saying "it saved us (it was perfect and very creature of the night-ish). When batman escapes the gun fire and scuttles away, he'd bump right into the superman. Superman would be his jovial self and extend his hand. Batman is still leery of him, but recognizes an opportunity to get close to the alien and do some detective work. So, he shakes his had and acts cautiously interested in what superman says. He agrees to help superman take on Lex.
- So batman is essentially a double agent. He talks to Lex and he talks to Superman. He pretends to be on both sides, but in reality, he hasn't picked his side yet. He just likes to keep tabs on people. He helps Clark uncover more dirt on Lex and helps Lex understand how Clark functions and uses his powers. At some point, Clark mentions how a rock found with the World Engine wreckage affected him physically. Of course, I'd have Clark keep the rock and all the Kryptonian stuff locked in his fortress instead of leaving it lying around like an idiot. He trusts batman and we'll see them have some fun banter and become friends. Eventually, he lets batman see his fortress. Batman now has the knowledge to get the magical rock. He is conflict again. Should he use the knowledge? Does he need to. He remembers the concept of "relying on the kindness of monsters." Should the world really take superman's word? Or should they have a way to control superman if need be? Superman has such trust in batman, that he makes him a promise: He says that he understands humanity fear and how hard it is for people to trust him absolutely. So, he entrusts Bruce with the Kryptonite. He tells Bruce to use it if he ever gets out of hand. Bruce is touched. And agrees.
- He decides not to tell Lex about his findings. He knows Lex is ruthless. He's smart enough to realize that weapons should not be in Lex's hands. So, he keeps the info to himself for now. But Lex is smart too: During his next meeting with batman, he can tell something is amiss. He can tell Bruce knows something. He orchestrates and diversion for Bruce. While Bruce is tending to that, he breaks into his cave and finds the rock. He's not sure what it's for at the time, but takes it anyways.
- Lex decides to have his team do some experimenting. Perhaps Metallo is created for a physical threat. Lex intends to use Metallo to get rid of superman and put himself back on top of the chain of "human" achievement.
- We'd then see a cool Supes vs Metallo fight. Superman is devastated. He thinks batman sold him out. Perhaps he struggles in the fight a little.
- Batman is also devastated. He had come around to superman's side after getting to know Clark and receiving his trust. He rushes to Clark's aid.
- Together, they defeat Metallo, but perhaps some civilians died in the struggle. Superman is horrified by this and enraged at Lex .A group of people have gathered around, in the rubble from the Metallo fight. Some of them want superman to finish Lex off (perhaps they've lost loved ones and see that superman thinks Lex is to blame). They form a mob around Lex, saying things like "he did this!" "Get him!" Then superman parts the crowd. He comes at Lex with his eyes blazing and for once, Lex appears truly frightened. Superman grabs Lex's face and seemingly prepares to execute Lex by heat vision blast. "You did this! You killed them" he says of the fallen civilians. Some of the people chant "finish him!" But superman holds back and says "It appears that my existence is more painful to you than any punishment. And I am still here." He looks down at the symbol on his chest."Hope. It's indestructible." And he puts Lex down. The people are awed and humbled. They back away. Superman turns to them. "Let him face justice, but not this." Superman proceeds to comfort them and help the ones he can. Batman is also awed. He explains that he didn't sell supes out and they shake hands.
- Lastly, we get one little snippet of batman and superman working together to stop crime. Batman is all serious business and is intimidating someone into talking. Superman is in the background musing about how he wishes he had his own version of batman's light on top of the building. Batman turns to him with a "do you mind, I'm working!" look and supes says something about "You had better get used to this. I hear there's some more people like us out there..." That's out tease for JL and cue some heroic music.

There. That's just something I made up on the spot, so don't judge it too harshly, lol.
The general idea is very good.
Main things I don't like is:
1) Lex figuring out Superman's secret identity. Yeah Lex is a genius but I dont see the point of him having a secret identity when 2 other major characters know it.
2) That last scene of Batman and Superman "Do you mind I'm working"/"There are more of us out there"
3) Lex being arrested and pretty much confirmed guilty by everyone at the end

Other than that I think a lot of it is very good

Old 04-09-2016, 05:39 PM   #60
MrsKent26
Whatever.

It was just a quick musing, so I don't have much of a defense for it.

I like the idea of Lex knowing though. And IMO, it would make him hate superman more. A god-like being who enjoys moonlighting as a average man? Goes against Lex's thoughts on achieving excellence.

Old 04-09-2016, 05:45 PM   #61
SlamAdams
Side-Kick

Honestly, I wouldn't change the plot too much. The plot is a little too busy but is generally ok. My major gripe was with the direction.

Old 04-09-2016, 08:26 PM   #62
dabilee01
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlamAdams View Post
Honestly, I wouldn't change the plot too much. The plot is a little too busy but is generally ok. My major gripe was with the direction.
Is there a thread on how peeps would recut the film to make it flow better? I'm curious how everyone would expand/shorten/lengthen/move existing scenes to make the movie go from decent/good to great.

dabilee01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 08:30 PM   #63
Eden
Patiently awaiting BvS

This is a tricky one in a number of ways, mainly because you can see with almost any version of BvS there would be complaints from some sector of the fan base or from critics and YouTube reviewers...

I'm going to approach this by changing up what we were given in BvS instead of a complete rewrite.

Firstly, change the name. Batman V Superman may be great from a name recognition/marketing standpoint but other than that I would consider it poison. The general WOM I encountered from family, friends and colleagues always made a point to question HOW Batman could take on Superman. The idea of it, no matter how crafty Snyder/DC staged it always felt dumb to most people. If you're familiar with TDKR then you can imagine how a fight would take place, but the GA and movie-going CBM fans without this prior knowledge mostly found it ridiculous even after you promised it could work if they watched TDKR. Having two huge icons in the title squaring off "Batman V Superman" was hacky in an "Alien vs Predator" way. If they called it Man of Steel: Dawn of Justice or Superman Rises (something to this effect) and still show/market Batman being in the film, still showing that there was a disagreement or potentially a fight would have created more mystery without turning some of the GA because the basic premise of them being at odds was silly.

Other than that, I'll try and give the cliff notes for what I'd change:
- The movie starts the same, MoS needed to be addressed and having a "previously in the DCEU" style opening could be something crafted into future movies, especially if these previous films were shown from different POV's from other characters.
- Pull back HARD when it comes to excessive explosions or CGI. I felt like I was playing my PS4 when I watched Bruce drive through Metropolis. The entire Batmobile scene was WAY overdone.
- Lois' entire terrorism/bullet subplot removed.
- Replace the time saved by removing Lois' subplot by giving Clark more to do. This includes having more scenes with Lois AS Clark, even show him return back to their apartment as Superman.
- Even though I enjoyed Eisenberg, I would still change him to be more along the lines of his annoyed Zuckerberg character. Make him clearly smarter, quick witted and less prone to zany rants. He should be more measured and conniving.
- Remove Doomsday entirely. Scoot McNairy is Metallo. This streamlines the movie further by using his arc to make him the main threat of the movie instead of being a first/second act distraction that ultimately gets wasted or forgotten by the end of the movie.
- Remove the Email reveals of the JL. Integrate them better with the main narrative if it's an absolute must. Maybe you don't reveal ALL of them in this movie, but maybe Cyborg only... or Flash. Then in WW's movie you reveal Aquaman, and in The Flash you reveal another. By the time JL comes around you have a way to thread it all together. Maybe Silas Stone helps create Metallo for Lex?
- I said it in an earlier point but definitely DEFINITELY tone down the excessiveness in the action scenes. Three-quarters of Batman's scenes would have come off as near perfect if this was executed properly instead of Snyder getting too explosion happy. Show Batman killing in the Knightmare scenes if you must (as you can explain it away as being a dream), however everything in the present day setting should remain kill-free. Grapple-hooking that car and dragging it behind the Batmobile was so excessive I facepalmed in the cinema.
- Allow Superman to have his say in the Senate hearings. Maybe Snoot McNairy fires up and causes a ruckus in this hearing which then leads to Lex using him to create Metallo.
- Use the entire movie to show more of how Superman and Batman don't see eye-to-eye in their methods.

I'll do a part two when I'm not so tired.

Eden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 07:36 AM   #64
FeedOnATreeFrog
(A Metal Gear reference)

*edit

Last edited by FeedOnATreeFrog; 06-30-2016 at 04:29 AM.
FeedOnATreeFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 08:19 AM   #65
DeGenerate10
Br Ba

Eliminate all the dream sequences.

Use Metallo instead of Doomsday.

Use an older Lex, someone like Brian Cranston.

Have Lex be more of a businessman/politician.

Eliminate the Middle East storyline.

Eliminate the Batman origin story from this one.

Keep the Justice League stuff but have Bruce as the one who had found the information.

Old 04-12-2016, 04:05 PM   #66
Coffee
Side-Kick

There are so many great ideas in this thread. The first film with mutliple DC characters could've been so much stronger if there was a better plot.

Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 11:59 AM   #67
LEVITIKUZ
Banned User

Ok here's an idea from me. Take out everything about BvS but the first 10 minutes.

In those fight 10 minutes, have Bruce talk about having to life a nightmare constantly. Basically Groundhog's Day like. Show his parents death. Show Jason's dead body with Batman holding it along with Batman at the hospital seeing a paralyzed Barbara (mentioning lost partners). Imagine him saying how abused his friends are (so Batman saving Gordon via Killing Joke by putting the blanket over him). There show Bruce's POV of battle of Metropolis.

My story is my own take on Public Enemies. Lex is the villain. We don't really have a Batman/Superman fight.

Lex hates Superman because of how the city loves him. He was given a free pass by Congress in which Superman made a powerful speech. He got a statue for saving the city. Superman is beloved by Metropolis. Meanwhile Lex has helped rebuild the city, making technological advances to help the city even more, given people numerous jobs. But the people love Superman and he hates that.

Scoot's character will be Metallo. Lex creates him. Metallo will play both roles as Lex's bodyguard and as a new hero as Metallo. Lex wants to show how man can aid just as well if not better than God. Metallo is powered by Kryptonite. When Metallo aids and helps people with Superman, we see Superman growing weaker and not saving as many people as Metallo. The public begins to favor Metallo for helping out more than Superman. Metallo hates Superman. While the public favors Metallo, Lex reveals facts about the damages Superman has caused as well as security camera recording of when he snapped Zod's neck to the public (not showing how Supers saved the people) with the words "He did this to his own people, imagine what he would do to us." Public now turned against Superman.

Lex wants Superman to kill the Batman of Gotham because LexCorp equipment keeps getting taken. Batman knows Lex hates Superman (we see in a business scene with Bruce/Lex before) and Batman has taken some of Lex's equipment for his own goals and to keep off the streets. Stuff like the Kryptoian guns we see used by Black Mask's gang. Also Batman encounters a gun rock which is said to be Superman's weakness.

Lex frames Batman by having Clayface impersonate Batman. Lex promises Clayface a cure for his aid. One final performance for Basil Karlo. We see Clayface as Batman killing people. This pisses off Superman. Superman goes after Batman in a fight similar to the fight in STAS and New 52 JL.

So now we got a Batman and Superman who the public have turned against. They aren't fans of one another but must put their differences aside to help clear each other's names and stop Lex.

Perhaps in the middle of the film, there's a bounty on Batman and Superman's head and we got guys like King Shark, Croc, Deadshot, Deathstroke, and other DC villains try to collect the bounty hunting down Superman and Batman. Some guys who get captured and maybe join a Suicide Squad (HINT HINT HINT!)

Have no clue what the third act will entail. Imagine Supers and Bats vs Clayface and Metallo. Would like a scene like this but with Supers and Bats watching Lex like in STAS with "I'll be watching you Luthor"

Basically it's a buddy cop style film with superheroes.

Thoughts?

Last edited by LEVITIKUZ; 04-16-2016 at 12:02 PM.
LEVITIKUZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 12:21 PM   #68
Blackman
C'mon Son

I have said that I think Public Enemies wouldve been a good arc to adapt with changes of course. I generally like the idea of what you presented

Old 04-16-2016, 04:41 PM   #69
ManWithNoName18
Side-Kick

Chris Stuckmann doing a rewrite of the big Batman v Superman fight scene

https://twitter.com/Chris_Stuckmann/...610198528?s=09

ManWithNoName18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 06:04 PM   #70
OutOfBoose
Russian Hacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManWithNoName18 View Post
Chris Stuckmann doing a rewrite of the big Batman v Superman fight scene

https://twitter.com/Chris_Stuckmann/...610198528?s=09
What a trash. He's a nice guy, but come on... Makes Batman v Superman original script a Shakespeare material.

Batman v Superman has a brilliant script. It just needed little fixes here and there.

Builds your roofs of dead wood. Builds your walls of dead stone. Builds your dreams of dead thoughts. Comes crying laughing singing back to life, takes what you steal, and pulls the skins from your dead bones shrieking.
--Clay tablet in an abandoned Trickster temple
OutOfBoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 11:25 PM   #71
wnjcwjkk
Side-Kick

Interesting ideas. I actually liked the ideas movie as is, although I think it all should have been expanded upon and developed, with certain things improved and added/deleted, but I'll have to put some more thought into that. But, basically, making MoS and BvS into a trilogy that introduces, develops, and sacrifices Superman, leading into Justice League.

It seems most people agree that it was a good idea to have an older Batman with an already established history (in large part because we've just seen a Batman origin trilogy), but also this way they can include so much more of Batman's history and villains without having to introduce or do an origin story on each one that takes up a whole movie.

I definitely would've liked a different Luthor, I think Daniel Day Lewis would have made an incredible and frightening Lex. And Eisenberg's character would make for a good Riddler, although I think there's still potential for a better Riddler

One of the things I've gone back and forth on is: Should they stay true to the comics, and everybody just accepts and ignores how ridiculous it is that nobody can easily look at Clark Kent and tell he's Superman? But how do you change that? Either Clark wears some kind of prosthetics (not good), or MAYBE in the original spaceship Clark was sent in, Jor El included something that manipulates light or a mask of some kind of Kryptonian technology that can change your facial features (hell maybe Clark even incorporates it into his glasses), Jor El included it in the event Kal El needed to disguise himself, and Clark decides to use it as a way to have a secret identity, and maybe it's like, Clark turns it on and looks in the mirror and looks like a different person, but still very similar to Henry Cavill/Clark Kent, so that the audience knows he looks different, but it's still Henry Cavill who plays the scenes (similar to Source Code, where the character looks like different people, but the audience sees Jake Gyllenhal the entire time). Idk, maybe that's a dumb idea.

Somebody above mentioned that Birthright had a good way of explaining the Clark Kent persona paradox? I haven't read it, how did they do that?

wnjcwjkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 12:31 AM   #72
shauner111
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfBoose View Post
Batman v Superman has a brilliant script. It just needed little fixes here and there.

"Lets make one thing very clear here - Nolan's films are as faithful an adaptation as there is. It pays homage to its source material, remains true to its characters and above all else places the story first and foremost." - jmc
shauner111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 12:14 PM   #73
I Am The 99%
Banned User

Before you change the plot, first you got to get Superman's characterization right. Show us how unselfish and real hero he is, don't just tell us. Seriously, whats with this cold and depressed lame portrayal?
Didn't WB get the memo from SR that a depressed Superman is not what fans want?
I don't get it why Hack Snyder gets a pass for this while fans ripped apart Singer for making an emo Superman. Oh, yeah Snyder at least showed him punching and destroying stuff so I guess that makes up for his brooding and depressing mood.

Last edited by I Am The 99%; 04-18-2016 at 08:29 PM.
I Am The 99% is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 06:50 PM   #74
Coffee
Side-Kick

I think the characterization of superman was also an issue.

It felt like he was too similar to Batman. Brooding & somber. Even the Clark Kent was straightforward.

While I get that the character was "updated for a modern time & audience" (which wasn't necessary), Superman still should have been presented as a heroic boy scout compared to Batman's more violent vigilante.

These 2 characters are completely different, yet I felt their personalities were interchangeable.

There wasn't even a clear distinction between Gotham & Metropolis. (Wasn't a fan of setting the cities across a bay from each other.)

While there were some issues with Singers Superman, there were occasional flashes of the classic character. Specifically, the line after he saves the airplane "I hope this hasn't turned anyone off to flying, it's still one of the safest forms of travel".

Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 07:12 PM   #75
Jaxon
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackman View Post
Christ, both of these are so dope. Just a real bummer that we didn't get anything like these

The only thing I don't really like is how Luthor knows Supes is Clark. I know the whole concept of Clark Kent is shaky (unless you set it up right like in Superman: Birthright) and Lex is the smartest guy around but I still like Lex not knowing. Hell I like Lois not knowing at the beginning but they threw that out the window

Not a fan of Landis's pitch. A good idea though is Lex tricking Supes by claiming to help his public image.

Landis pitch is f****** horrible. What Superman is going to go capture meta humans as a favour to good guy Lex? Superman would go to Flash and talk to him and that'd be that.

And how exactly does this movie go from there. Superman picks up Lex and puts him in jail, end of movie.

Landis can go and ***** the ***** with his ********

Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote