The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Old 04-18-2016, 07:14 PM   #76
Jaxon
Banned User

Default Re: How would you have changed the plot in BvS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfBoose View Post
What a trash. He's a nice guy, but come on... Makes Batman v Superman original script a Shakespeare material.

Batman v Superman has a brilliant script. It just needed little fixes here and there.
Chris Stuckmann - hahahahhaha. This guy is starting to drink his own bath water. I really can't stand a thing about this guy. I don't get his online popularity.

Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 07:30 PM   #77
The Guard
Side-Kick

Where's this Landis thing now?

-Me
The Guard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 09:18 PM   #78
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

Several things

First I wouldn't have Doomsday as the villain I'd have it be Metallo for Superman and for Batman be Deathstroke

Scrape the whole Superman africa incident, Instead I'd have the senate meeting be about Superman giving an account and statement for the Battle of metropolis 2 years ago

I'd have no Justice League set up during the main film just towards the end (either post credit scene or final end)

I would have made the conflict between Batman and Superman to be more about their ideology regarding Justice being the reason they clash.

The fight would be much longer and the reason they both stop fighting is because they realize they'd been manipulated by Luthor's propaganda and their own misgivings of interpreting each other

Lex's reason for hating Superman would be more fleshed out as a result of jealousy that an alien has becomed adored by the world without cost or sacrifice. Luthor had to buy it, Superman was given it freely, despite he caused the death of millions in his grand scale throw down with Zod in Metropolis

Superman would actually be happy and content in his role.

Batman wouldn't kill

The Caped Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 11:11 PM   #79
antoineflemming
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Caped Knight View Post
Several things

First I wouldn't have Doomsday as the villain I'd have it be Metallo for Superman and for Batman be Deathstroke

Scrape the whole Superman africa incident, Instead I'd have the senate meeting be about Superman giving an account and statement for the Battle of metropolis 2 years ago

I'd have no Justice League set up during the main film just towards the end (either post credit scene or final end)

I would have made the conflict between Batman and Superman to be more about their ideology regarding Justice being the reason they clash.

The fight would be much longer and the reason they both stop fighting is because they realize they'd been manipulated by Luthor's propaganda and their own misgivings of interpreting each other

Lex's reason for hating Superman would be more fleshed out as a result of jealousy that an alien has becomed adored by the world without cost or sacrifice. Luthor had to buy it, Superman was given it freely, despite he caused the death of millions in his grand scale throw down with Zod in Metropolis

Batman wouldn't kill
You got one thing wrong: Superman didn't cause the death of millions. Zod did.

antoineflemming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 12:31 AM   #80
egg
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxon View Post
Chris Stuckmann - hahahahhaha. This guy is starting to drink his own bath water. I really can't stand a thing about this guy. I don't get his online popularity.
never heard of that name before eh

egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 06:30 AM   #81
MyDudeSpidey
Marvel's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxon View Post
Wtf? All he did was rewrite part of the BvS fight.

MyDudeSpidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 12:12 AM   #82
batman1
Side-Kick

Maybe not edit out so much. How could they not know it was a 4 hour movie until the last minute anyway? Sounds like they don't know how to do Superman also.

batman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 03:13 AM   #83
Baneis8feettall
Half face half amazing

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyDudeSpidey View Post
Wtf? All he did was rewrite part of the BvS fight.
It's quite unprofessional and unethical if he is serious about his "profession". There is a difference between being a fan who criticize a movie (like many of us) and being a movie critic.

I'm not even talking about his delusional attitude claiming "improved" version of the fight and then horrible lines he wrote.

Btw, i hated BvS.

Old 04-22-2016, 10:08 AM   #84
brownknightrise
Side-Kick

"We're gonna find your Mom, where is she?" Bruce to the little girl who's mom died.

When Clark shows up to Bruce, he should have straight up said "Lex has my mother, he want's your life for hers. Help me."

THEN,

Batman says really? Your mom? What about all the mother's who were slaughtered by you and Zod during the Black Zero event?!" What about them? Their blood was shed because you brought your war to us! Now I know why your cape is red."

Superman then defends what he did. After Batman continues to not work with him, they fight. They both beat the living hell out of each other.

brownknightrise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 08:14 PM   #85
Jaxon
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownknightrise View Post
"We're gonna find your Mom, where is she?" Bruce to the little girl who's mom died.

When Clark shows up to Bruce, he should have straight up said "Lex has my mother, he want's your life for hers. Help me."

THEN,

Batman says really? Your mom? What about all the mother's who were slaughtered by you and Zod during the Black Zero event?!" What about them? Their blood was shed because you brought your war to us! Now I know why your cape is red."

Superman then defends what he did. After Batman continues to not work with him, they fight. They both beat the living hell out of each other.
Makes Batman too much of a villain. Batman needs to just be "out of line" and able to be redeemed.
Also Superman is so distraught at Martha's situation and the culmination of the way bad things happen when he tries to do the right thing, he really just wants to subdue Batman (which obviously he thinks he can do easily not knowing of the existence of kryptonite) and then be able to talk some sense into him.

Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 12:31 AM   #86
wnjcwjkk
Side-Kick

I would have changed Luthor's character a little, different actor, make him a little older. Ruthless, calculating, and frightening.

In my ideal version of the DCEU, they would have some good, well written series and miniseries that are connected to the Universe, maybe on HBO. Like a Gotham Central series with writing like True Detective, maybe a Nightwing series and a few others. After MoS, make a 6 part miniseries that introduces and revolves around Lex Luthor, showing flashbacks to his past, showing how cold and ruthless he is, fleshing out his character and his hatred of Superman, make the audience understand and identify with him, maybe even like him in a way (like Tony Soprano) up until he crosses the line of no return. If anybody has seen HBO's The Wire, make his character similar to Marlo Stanfield. Marlo was as cold, calculating, and ruthless as it gets, not physically imposing at all, but he can scare the crap out of you with a silent stare, and when he does, on small occasion, lose his temper and raise his voice, he sounds like a lion, frightening, unpredictable, and unstable. That series leads into BvS.

wnjcwjkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 05:01 AM   #87
Johnglen
Side-Kick

Take batman and WW completely out . Have a different take on lex Luthor . Take away all the Africa scenes . Make superman likeable . Take away the Lois- Clark bath scene . Keep doomsday in , he is too one dimensional to be the sole villain in a movie but he is a good supporting villain , I actually liked how they used him .

Basically have a light version of " death of superman" with lex Luthor added .

Johnglen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 07:02 AM   #88
lujho
Side-Kick

I would have replaced the v in the title with an '&', and all that would go with that. Basically, a completely different movie.

Oh, and Clancy Brown as Luthor - or at least someone as that TYPE of Luthor.

lujho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 07:16 AM   #89
Longshot777
Side-Kick

They should have ended with trailer 2 and edit out WW in costume of that trailer.

Then when people see it, that WW and Doomsday battle would be more epic than it is.

Longshot777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 09:43 AM   #90
auditor
Side-Kick

honestly this movie was a waste.

They should have had a different villain altogether. Make superman an inspiration. Have him win over most of his haters, including the guy with no legs, and even Batman. yes by the end of the movie Superman should have inspired even Batman.

Zack Znyder does not understand Superman.

it was a great idea to have Batman be in this negative dark place in life. But superman should have shown Superman that there is still good in the world.

This movie was terrible.

auditor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 09:45 AM   #91
auditor
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Caped Knight View Post
Several things

Batman wouldn't kill
Yes!

Old 04-25-2016, 09:53 AM   #92
auditor
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfBoose View Post
What a trash. He's a nice guy, but come on... Makes Batman v Superman original script a Shakespeare material.

Batman v Superman has a brilliant script. It just needed little fixes here and there.
I agree that the script was well done. This would be a difficult story to script.

However the plot and the story were absolutely worthless I thought.

They should have kept the angle of Batman and others not trusting Superman, and Batman trying to kill Superman. Other than that I think they needed a completely different story to use that in.

By the end of the movie Superman should have been humanity's hope, and not just because he can punch hard!

Old 04-25-2016, 11:00 AM   #93
m1ll3r
Failed experiment

Here's what I would have done:

In the years after Man Of Steel, Superman has done everything he can to prove that he is force of good in the world. Lois Lane has become his main cheerleader in this, as you'd expect.

This desire to be seen as a helpful hero, rather than an alien god to be feared, includes allowing himself to more or less become a willing tool of the U.S government, which is now led by Lex Luthor, who swept to power as President of The United States after his altruistic rebuilding of Metropolis. Luthor has gained Superman's absolute trust since coming to power, thanks to his efforts to repair the city and his claim to want to make the world a better place. Lex has the man of steel, just like the rest of the world, completely fooled.

Meanwhile, in Gotham, Batman is investigating a criminal syndicate who are dealing in stolen and recovered technology from Zod's ship and the world engine - all of which is worth millions on the black market. He busts a deal going down between Lex's henchman John Corben and The Penguin, who has 'obtained' the technology using his back channels. Corben is severely injured in the ensuing firefight that occurs when Batman swings in, due to his own actions while trying to kill the caped crusader. He doesn't die, but gets very close to it. Penguin goes to jail. Batman takes the tech he acquires from this back to the batcave for study. It's apparent he's been doing this for a while now - cleaning up Superman's mess, so to speak.

Unbeknownst to Batman, the rest of the dangerous Kryptonian tech that he hasn't been able to confiscate is being hoarded by none other than President Lex Luthor, who intends to use it to build new weaponry at LexCorp, which he can then sell at vast sums to the US government (and any rogue nation who wants it). All of this is hush, hush of course. Lex is playing everybody, in classic Luthor fashion.

Lex becomes irritated with Batman getting into his business, and sends Superman after him, framing Batman for a murder beforehand, and thereby giving Supes a reason to fight. Batman in turn, recognising that Superman has become a pawn of the state and is being manipulated by POTUS, uses some of the Kryptonian tech he liberated from the deal he busted to create his own weaponry to fight Superman.

They then do so in spectacular fashion. Superman ultimately wins.

Lex arrives on scene and his carefully constructed mask slips, as he orders Superman to kill Batman - which of course Kal-El does not do, allowing Batman to get away, and forcing Superman to question his allegiance to Lex. Why would Lex demand Superman kill another human being? What happened to the charismatic, cool president he's been working with all this time?

Batman deepens his investigations, and discovers Lex Luthor's role in the black market Kryptonian tech trading. Batman then contacts Clarke Kent through Lois Lane, having deduced that the mild mannered reporter is Superman, and reveals all of Lex's nefarious plans to the man of steel, who realises how badly he's been duped. He also knows that Batman is Bruce Wayne, of course.

The two head to where Lex is at LexCorp in Metropolis for the showdown, intending to arrest him, only to find that John Corben has been mutated into Metallo with the Kryptonian tech Lex managed to confiscate before Batman got involved.

Batman and Superman fight and defeat Metallo, along with a hoard of Lex's henchman, and bring Lex to justice.

They part on good terms, having realised that despite their differences, they actually make a good team.

No WW. No Justice League.
Cast Viggo Mortensen as Corben. Cast Cranston or actor with similar gravitas as Lex.

Obviously there is room to work in subplots involving the secondary characters, and the sequence of events can be moved about, but that gives you a central story that provides both main characters with decent motivations to fight one another, and eventually come together as a team. It also makes Lex the villain he should be - powerful, evil, manipulative and incredibly dangerous.

2018 movies: Black Panther - 7.9/10, The Cloverfield Paradox - 2/10, Get Out - 9/10, Ready Player One - 7/10, Annihilation - 8/10, Avengers Infinity War - 8.5/10, Deadpool 2 - 8.5/10, Solo - 6.5/10, A Quiet Place - 9/10, Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom - 5/10

Last edited by m1ll3r; 04-25-2016 at 12:25 PM.
m1ll3r is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 12:13 PM   #94
auditor
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1ll3r View Post
Here's what I would have done:

In the years after Man Of Steel, Superman has done everything he can to prove that he is force of good in the world. Lois Lane has become his main cheerleader in this, as you'd expect.

This attempt at good PR includes allowing himself to more or less become a willing tool of the U.S government, which is now led by Lex Luthor, who swept to power as President of The United States after his altruistic rebuilding of Metropolis. Luthor has gained Superman's absolute trust since coming to power thanks to his efforts to repair the city and his claims to want to make the world a better place. Lex has the man of steel, just like the rest of the world, completely fooled.

Meanwhile, in Gotham, Batman is investigating a criminal syndicate who are dealing in stolen and recovered technology from Zod's ship and the world engine - all of which is worth millions on the black market. He busts a deal going down between Lex's henchman John Corben and The Penguin, who has 'obtained' the technology using his back channels. Corben is severely injured in the ensuing firefight that occurs when Batman swings in, due to his own actions while trying to kill the caped crusader. He doesn't die, but gets very close to it. Penguin goes to jail. Batman takes the tech he acquired back to the batcave for study. It's apparent he's been doing this for a while now - cleaning up Superman's mess, so to speak.

Unbeknownst to Batman, the rest of the dangerous Kryptonian tech that he hasn't been able to confiscate is being hoarded by none other than President Lex Luthor, who intends to use it to build new weaponry at LexCorp, which he can then sell at vast sums to the US government (and any rogue nation who wants it). All of this is hush, hush of course. Lex is playing everybody, in classic Luthor fashion.

Lex becomes irritated with Batman getting into his business, and sends Superman after him, framing Batman for a murder beforehand, and thereby giving Supes a reason to fight. Batman in turn, recognising that Superman has become a pawn of the state and is being manipulated by POTUS, uses some of the Kryptonian tech he liberated from the deal he busted to create his own weaponry to fight Superman.

They then do so in spectacular fashion. Superman ultimately wins.

Lex arrives on scene and his carefully constructed image slips, as he orders Superman to kill Batman - which of course he does not do, allowing Batman to get away, and forcing Superman to question his allegiance to Lex. Why would Lex demand Superman kill another human being? What happened to the charismatic, pacifist president he's been working with all this time?

Batman deepens his investigations and discovers Lex Luthor's role in the black market Kryptonian tech trading. Batman then contacts Clarke Kent through Lois Lane, having deduced that he is Superman, and reveals all of Lex's nefarious plans to the man of steel, who realises how badly he's been duped. He also knows that Batman is Bruce Wayne, of course.

The two head to where Lex is at LexCorp in Metropolis for the showdown, intending to arrest him, only to find that John Corben has been mutated into Metallo with the Kryptonian tech Lex managed to confiscate before Batman got involved.

Batman and Superman fight and defeat Metallo, along with a hoard of Lex's henchman, and bring Lex to justice. They part on good terms, having realised that despite their differences, they actually make a good team.

No WW. No Justice League.
Cast Viggo Mortensen as Corben. Cast Cranston or actor with similar gravitas as Lex.

Obviously there is room to work in subplots involving the secondary characters, and the sequence of events can be moved about, but that gives you a central story that provides both main characters with decent motivations to fight and eventually come together as a team, and makes Lex the villain he should be - powerful, evil, manipulative and incredibly dangerous.
Not bad! Very creative.

I also have my own version of the story that I'm going to post soon.

My story still borrows Snyder's angle of why Batman distrusts Superman so much. Batman is in a bad state after the death of Robin. Doesn't have compassion for "bad "people" and doesn't trust anybody. Other than that it doesn't have much in common with what we got. Here is a short summary.

Fearing the actions of a god like being Batman prepares to take out Superman. Superman in an effort to win over people's trust take up Senator Finch on her offer. Superman will prove he is not above the law, by bringing in the Batman.

Bizarro is the villain in my story, but it's a pretty big reinvention from any pervious versions we've seen. Lex Luthour creates Bizarro. Bizarro is confused about why he's different from so many people and so similar to Superman. Lex Luthour is a horrible manipulative abusive son of a **** father to Bizarro.

In the end Superman helps Bizarro discover the Superman within himself. He shows Batman there is a better way. He wins over the man with no legs. And he does this all Superman style! Superman doesn't just punch hard. He inspires others to do good!

That last part was sorely missed in BvS. the perfect way to being Batman back from the darkness and fight for justice instead of vegenance!

if you read my story you will hate Lex Luthour! He's just horrible. but you will hate Lex Luthour, as opposed to just hating Eisenberg in the role.

Old 04-25-2016, 03:18 PM   #95
DerekLake
Build a better world

So my problem with Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice is that it's not really Batman v Superman, and there isn't much of a Dawn of Justice. I think the film could have done both very, very well. Here's my take on how it could have done that. Warning. It's quite long so I've put it in spoiler tags:

ACT ONE:

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
The film opens with Zod's "You Are Not Alone" speech, emphasizing the fact that Kal-El is a fugitive who "may look like you, but he is not one of you," and the ultimatum that if Kal-El doesn't turn himself in, Earth will suffer the consequences. Then it goes into the Black Zero Event from Bruce's perspective. The last tracking shot from Bruce up into the sky transitions into a Superman heroic montage like the one in the film, featuring voice-overs explaining what Superman's been doing between MOS and BvS as well as setting up the main context of the film: the world's divided opinions on Superman. Included in the talking heads are Senator Finch, General Swanwick, and Lex Luthor. Interspersed with the Superman and media clips are various media reports of Batman's escalating brutality against criminals, beginning with a scene of Bruce glaring at one of the media interviews.

Lois interviews North African terrorists who are being supplied with advanced weaponry and ammunition, but the interview is interrupted when the local government conducts a raid on the terrorist compound. Lois is held hostage by the terrorists, but Superman rescues her. Superman's actions end up botching the local government's operation, causing them to blame the US. The UN begins a formal investigation while the US Congress stands up its own committee -- headed by Senator Finch -- to investigate Superman's actions.

Back in Metropolis, Lois and Clark determine that the recovered ammunition has been found at Metropolis and Gotham gang wars. Clark follows the trail to a Gotham crime cult, where he encounters Batman brutally interrogating one of its members, who spits out the name of their weapons' supplier, a man named Donovan. Batman brands the man and returns to the Batcave, where he and Alfred argue about Batman's new methods. Bruce would determine than "Donovan" is Dr. Dabney Donovan, a LexCorp scientist who makes regular trips to Gotham. Bruce would use the anniversary of the Black Zero Event the next day as a cover to get close to Donovan in Metropolis.

While the Metropolis News Network covers the Wayne Enterprises and LexCorp sponsored commemoration, at the Daily Planet staff meeting, Lois successfully lobbies Perry to further investigate the ammunition's connection to Metropolis crime, while Clark fails to get approval to investigate Batman's "reign of terror" in Gotham. Instead, Perry assigns Clark to the LexCorp Tower opening that night. While Lois fearlessly questions Metropolis crime lord Bruno Mannheim about the bullets, Clark defiantly travels to Gotham, where he investigates Batman by going through 20-year old police records and interviewing relatives of criminals apprehended by the Bat.

That night at the LexCorp event, Clark meets and questions Bruce about Batman, while Lex Luthor gives a speech about how LexCorp Tower is a modern-day Tower of Babel. Bruce slips away to locate Donovan, but he sees a mysterious woman already interrogating him about the location of one of her "sisters" using a glowing robe. After Donovan spits out the word "Cadmus", she sees Bruce and leaves. Bruce asks him about the weapons storehouse, while Lois calls Clark informing him about the same Intergang storehouse. Superman interrupts Batman at the warehouse, discovering his identity and warning him to hang up the cowl, but Batman gets away in classic Bat fashion.

As a result of this encounter, Bruce investigates Superman and quickly comes to the conclusion that he is Clark Kent. The next day, Clark takes his draft "Batman" story to Perry only for it to get shut down. Meanwhile Lex Luthor, having learned about the confrontation, begins to craft a plot against both heroes, using Intergang.

ACT TWO:

Lex anonymously tips off Batman to an incoming shipment of Intergang weapons at the port, and Batman gives pursuit to similarly armored vehicles with his Batmobile. However, Superman interrupts him and destroys the Batmobile after a short chase, delivering his "Bat is Dead, etc." speech and revealing that he knows Batman's identity, while Batman challenges whether <i>Clark</i> thinks he's a god who can interfere in human affairs. Superman gives Bats an ultimatum and flies off to stop the Intergang vehicles and retrieve the weapons shipment, but Lex remotely detonates the vehicles, destroying the shipment, the entire Intergang warehouse and some low-rent housing, while making it appear that Superman killed everyone inside a three-block radius. The destruction prompts protests in Gotham over Superman's overreach. Meanwhile, Batman recovers some sort of Intergang device (Mother Box) from the destroyed warehouse and attempts to retrieve the information he needs from it.

Extended scene: Bruce goes to sleep while waiting on his computer to decrypt the data, during which he has his Knightmare (caused directly by the Mother Box). Flash appears within the bleak future itself to warn Bruce before he is killed by Superman. The dream convinces Batman that Superman is a threat that needs to be stopped immediately.

The Senate summons Superman to a hearing the following day, both because of the North Africa incident as well as the incident in Gotham and other false incidents in other states, orchestrated by Lex. Lois convinces Perry to let Clark accompany her to cover the hearing. Meanwhile, in the Batcave, Alfred informs Bruce that the Mother Box wiped the Batcomputer's main hard drive entirely. Frustrated, Bruce decides to give the device to Star Labs to see if they can crack it. That night, Bruce decides to take another crack at Donovan during another LexCorp function. However, he spots the mystery woman and decides to question her. Revealing her name as Diana Prince, she explains that she’s looking for one of her own people, captured by the same men he’s after. She offers Bruce a chance to work together to get access to Donovan’s files at LexCorp. Working together, they break into the servers and get access to the data, but then Diana keeps it to herself and tells Bruce she’ll let him know what she finds.

The following day at the hearing, chaired by Senator Finch, Superman denies killing anyone and makes his case for defending people around the world. However, the subcommittee charges him with causing more harm than good, and demands that he hang up the cape. Superman leaves the Capitol building and faces a large crowd of angry protesters. Later that night, Superman returns to the hotel where Lois is staying and expresses his doubts about being Superman, before flying off toward Kansas.

Extended scene: That night in Kansas, Clark has a dream about his father Jonathan, who tells him that trying to solve a problem can cause another one but that shouldn’t stop him from doing good. Instead, he should exercise humility. Clark and Martha later discuss the pressures of being Superman, with Martha admonishing Clark to be what the world needs him to be or not; he must make his own choices about what he can handle.

Back in Gotham, Batman begins preparations for a showdown with Superman while Lex receives an Intergang shipment of Kryptonite. Testing it on Zod’s corpse, Lex arranges for the Kryptonite to be “stolen” by Batman. Sure enough, Batman steals the Kryptonite, but Intergang uses the opportunity to frame Batman for murder. Meanwhile, Lois and Diana separately uncover Project Cadmus: Lois tails Bruno Mannheim and Lex Luthor to the project site in the Suicide Slum and is subsequently captured, while Diana decrypts Donovan’s files and watches footage of several metahumans, including several Atlanteans and her Amazon sister, being dissected and researched.

ACT THREE:

In Gotham, Batman finishes his preparations and lights up the Batsignal, and turns off his comms to shut out Alfred's continued protests. Superman quickly arrives, and the two heroes accuse each other of murder (and terrorism and fascism). The two then begin a major brawl, as they argue about each other's problematic actions and their different views of human nature, the efficacy of the justice system, and what it takes to make the world a better place. To even the fight, Batman uses not only light and sound devices but also kryptonian-based plasma weapons and lead-based smoke grenades. However, Superman has the upper hand, until Batman sprays him with aerosolized Kryptonite. Superman continues to fight Batman, but becomes weaker as the fight progresses. Regaining a little strength, Superman overpowers Batman and knocks him into the expansive sewer system below, into the darkness.

Meanwhile, an Intergang member interrogates Lois as to what she knows and how she knows it. Lois threatens him that Superman will rescue her, but the Intergang member reveals their manipulation of Superman and Batman into fighting. At the same time, Diana, dressed in her Amazonian garb, interrogates her way to the project site, and quickly dismantles the Intergang members. Diana breaks into Lois’ holding room just as she’s about to be tortured, and rescues Lois, who reveals that Batman and Superman are fighting. The man warns both women that Intergang’s plans are already in motion, and they race toward Gotham.

In the sewer system, Batman plays cat and mouse with Superman, as the latter continues to run into sensory and Kryptonite traps set by Batman, disorienting and weakening him further. Batman gloats that although Superman may rule the skies above Metropolis, here -- in Gotham -- Batman rules the darkness. Batman brutally beats Superman, until he is too weak to move. In Metropolis, Lex Luthor congratulates Bruno Mannheim on bringing both heroes to their knees, allowing both men to grow their businesses. As Lex ponders a future arrangement, Bruno presses a cylindrical alien stick to Lex's chest, causing him to convulse violently, and tells him he already has a more profitable partnership.

In Gotham, Batman prepares to kill Superman with a Kryptonite spear, citing the threat that Superman poses to the world. Superman challenges that Batman used to believe in justice, but now he has become the very thing he fears Superman may become: a man out of control, willing to kill good men because he fears they will become evil. As Batman hesitates, Wonder Woman and Lois show up and tell Batman to stop, as Superman slowly recovers. They explain that Intergang was behind everything, and they are planning something. Bruce reactivates his comms and Alfred tells Bruce that during his fight with Superman someone broke into the Batcave and stole the Mother Box. As the heroes prepare to return to Metropolis, Intergang activates the device in Heroes Park, causing a blinding portal to open.

From the portal emerges a hulking, spiked monster with fiery red eyes. Its skin blackened by smoke, the creature screams, causing windows everywhere to shatter. [Doomsday is basically the Godzilla version of Hulk, a sort of Kryptonian 'Balrog'.] Hearing the roar, Superman rushes back to Metropolis while Wonder Woman follows. Alfred alerts Batman that Intergang is taking the Mother Box into Gotham. Reaching Metropolis, Superman sees the creature already destroying the city. Superman charges the beast, but it sees him and the two engage in a brutal battle. Wonder Woman arrives and attempts to assist Superman. However, the creature repeatedly evolves after receiving damage. When it reaches a threshold, Doomsday unleashes a massive energy wave, destroying the entire park area.

Extended scene: Meanwhile, Batman tracks Intergang to their Gotham headquarters, where he proceeds to covertly traverse the compound, stealthily takin out guards, until he locates a chamber where Intergang members dressed in robes are performing some sort of ritual, with the Mother Box as the altar. The chamber is guarded by two dozen Intergang members. Batman bursts through to the chamber from below, taking out all two dozen men with skill and precision. Batman uses an EMP to take out the Mother Box and interrogates the ritual leader as to the Mother Box and the creature. The leader gloats that it's too late: they've summoned "him", and with the Last Son of Krypton slain at the hands of Krypton's "firstborn", nothing will stop "him." Realizing that the creature is Kryptonian, and may be stopped by his Kryptonite spear, Batman knocks out the man, tells Alfred to alert the police, and rushes to retrieve his weapon.

Superman and Wonder Woman continue their battle against Doomsday amidst an apocalyptic landscape. However, with Doomsday getting stronger, their attacks become less and less effective, and the creature deals a significant blow against Wonder Woman. Batman soon arrives in the Batwing with the kryptonite spear in tow, distracting the creature to give Wonder Woman space to recover. Batman lands and tells the two heroes that Doomsday might be felled with the spear. He begins to give it to Wonder Woman, but Superman takes, saying that he has to do it. Lois protests, but Superman says he's the only one who can get close enough now. Telling them to leave the area, Superman charges Doomsday and the two engage in a final fight, with Superman using the spear to cut off Doomsday's hand. The arm grows a spike to replace the hand, however, and Doomsday continues to keep Superman at bay. As Superman slowly weakens from proximity to the Kryptonite, he realizes what he must do and moves in close to Doomsday, allowing him to impale him. Drawing himself closer, Superman thrusts the spear into Doomsday, causing an emerald discharge that crystallizes the park area.

The lifeless Kryptonians fall to the ground, as Batman, Wonder Woman and Lois near the battlefield. Seeing Superman lifeless, Lois runs over in agony, cradling his body. Batman and Wonder Woman look mournfully on, as crowds outside the battlefield slowly approach to see what transpired. As the crowd slowly realizes that Superman is dead, a montage follows, in which the Daily Planet publishes the news of Superman's death and Clark's MIA status, Mercy Graves finds Lex Luthor unconscious, Metropolis PD raids various Intergang locations, Star Labs recovers the Mother Box from Gotham PD, Lex's head is shaved in preparation for brain surgery and Metropolis holds a memorial service for Superman in Heroes Park, with General Swanwick, Perry White, and Senator Finch in attendance.

Extended scene: Inside a bunker created from the wreckage of the World Engine, on an alien island created by the World Engine, Bruno Mannheim informs an unknown figure in with an inhuman voice that the Kryptonian is dead. The figure responds that everything is set for the next phase. When Mannheim asks about the "Amazon", the figure reassures him that Darkseid has everything planned.

At the Kent farm, Martha Kent, Lois Lane, Bruce Wayne and Diana Prince hold a quiet ceremony for Clark. Burying him next to Jonathan's tombstone, Martha and Lois weep as Bruce and Diana walk away. Bruce informs Diana about the warnings of his dream and the Intergang ritual leader: something worse is coming. Diana tells him that they were keeping tabs on hundreds of extraordinary individuals they called "metahumans." Bruce and Diana agree that they'll need them. Diana warns that some of them might be bad. Bruce replies that they'll get the ones that are good. Then Bruce gives a monologue about how he failed Superman in life but he will honor him in his death.

Last edited by DerekLake; 04-25-2016 at 04:49 PM.
DerekLake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 04:35 PM   #96
Boom
I got nothin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by lujho View Post
I would have replaced the v in the title with an '&', and all that would go with that. Basically, a completely different movie.
Pretty much what I realized too.

I've come to think that the whole Batman v Superman concept doesn't work, at least on a physical level. And certainly not something you do in the second movie of your shared universe.

Old 04-25-2016, 05:56 PM   #97
auditor
Side-Kick

Cool Re: How would you have changed the plot in BvS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom View Post
Pretty much what I realized too.

I've come to think that the whole Batman v Superman concept doesn't work, at least on a physical level. And certainly not something you do in the second movie of your shared universe.
I think it could have been the perfect way to establish superman as somebody who gives people hope if by the end of the movie even batman himself realizes what a symbol of hope superman could be.

Old 04-26-2016, 02:04 AM   #98
BarryAllen
ey b0ss

I would've made it a team-up rather than a vs movie. Sure, there can be conflict, but the movie should've spent more time focusing on their yon/yang relationship and why both are necessary. Part of the problem was Man of Steel didn't set Superman up right so we didn't get parallels coming together, we got two angsty individuals brooding while fighting each other.

Old 04-26-2016, 09:24 AM   #99
ThrawnSr
Newbie First Class

I enjoyed this movie, but felt it could have done much better. IMHO, I think the following could have helped.

1) don't reboot batman yet again. Use the Nolan batman. Instead of ANOTHER batmans' parents death scene and funeral, open with him and cat woman being ambushed by people that batman has attacked in the past. Cat woman dies, and batman is set on his dark path. This would be set 15ish years before Bvs. This option also allows for Joseph Gordon-Levitt to return as robin/night wing/whatever. For this to work only a few things need to change. Gotham isn't ACROSS THE RIVER from metropolis (shaking my head). And Jeremy irons' character becomes someone different (which he almost is anyway). This would save a lot of batman exposition.

2) cast ANYONE else as lex rather than Jesse Eisenberg. He is a one trick pony, and while that works for the social network and catch me if you can, his Eisenberging in this role is grating and feels forced. Lex could have been an iconic portrayal of this character, but it (for me) was a distraction.

3) cut the dream scenes, and dream scenes in dream scenes. They crashed the movie to a stop, and (for a non comic book fan) were confusing as hell.

4) make the movie more about batman and superman. Remove some lex and give more focus to superman, who I feel majorly missed out considering it's meant to be a MOS sequel. Don't shoe horn in the JL so hamfistedly. (I thought WW was cool, but still felt like they were scrambling to cram her in, especially the fight scene)

5) as for the ending.....so many things. Mainly, no superman fakeout death please.

ThrawnSr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 01:30 PM   #100
Powerman34
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekLake View Post
So my problem with Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice is that it's not really Batman v Superman, and there isn't much of a Dawn of Justice. I think the film could have done both very, very well. Here's my take on how it could have done that. Warning. It's quite long so I've put it in spoiler tags:

ACT ONE:

The film opens with Zod's "You Are Not Alone" speech, emphasizing the fact that Kal-El is a fugitive who "may look like you, but he is not one of you," and the ultimatum that if Kal-El doesn't turn himself in, Earth will suffer the consequences. Then it goes into the Black Zero Event from Bruce's perspective. The last tracking shot from Bruce up into the sky transitions into a Superman heroic montage like the one in the film, featuring voice-overs explaining what Superman's been doing between MOS and BvS as well as setting up the main context of the film: the world's divided opinions on Superman. Included in the talking heads are Senator Finch, General Swanwick, and Lex Luthor. Interspersed with the Superman and media clips are various media reports of Batman's escalating brutality against criminals, beginning with a scene of Bruce glaring at one of the media interviews.

Lois interviews North African terrorists who are being supplied with advanced weaponry and ammunition, but the interview is interrupted when the local government conducts a raid on the terrorist compound. Lois is held hostage by the terrorists, but Superman rescues her. Superman's actions end up botching the local government's operation, causing them to blame the US. The UN begins a formal investigation while the US Congress stands up its own committee -- headed by Senator Finch -- to investigate Superman's actions.

Back in Metropolis, Lois and Clark determine that the recovered ammunition has been found at Metropolis and Gotham gang wars. Clark follows the trail to a Gotham crime cult, where he encounters Batman brutally interrogating one of its members, who spits out the name of their weapons' supplier, a man named Donovan. Batman brands the man and returns to the Batcave, where he and Alfred argue about Batman's new methods. Bruce would determine than "Donovan" is Dr. Dabney Donovan, a LexCorp scientist who makes regular trips to Gotham. Bruce would use the anniversary of the Black Zero Event the next day as a cover to get close to Donovan in Metropolis.

While the Metropolis News Network covers the Wayne Enterprises and LexCorp sponsored commemoration, at the Daily Planet staff meeting, Lois successfully lobbies Perry to further investigate the ammunition's connection to Metropolis crime, while Clark fails to get approval to investigate Batman's "reign of terror" in Gotham. Instead, Perry assigns Clark to the LexCorp Tower opening that night. While Lois fearlessly questions Metropolis crime lord Bruno Mannheim about the bullets, Clark defiantly travels to Gotham, where he investigates Batman by going through 20-year old police records and interviewing relatives of criminals apprehended by the Bat.

That night at the LexCorp event, Clark meets and questions Bruce about Batman, while Lex Luthor gives a speech about how LexCorp Tower is a modern-day Tower of Babel. Bruce slips away to locate Donovan, but he sees a mysterious woman already interrogating him about the location of one of her "sisters" using a glowing robe. After Donovan spits out the word "Cadmus", she sees Bruce and leaves. Bruce asks him about the weapons storehouse, while Lois calls Clark informing him about the same Intergang storehouse. Superman interrupts Batman at the warehouse, discovering his identity and warning him to hang up the cowl, but Batman gets away in classic Bat fashion.

As a result of this encounter, Bruce investigates Superman and quickly comes to the conclusion that he is Clark Kent. The next day, Clark takes his draft "Batman" story to Perry only for it to get shut down. Meanwhile Lex Luthor, having learned about the confrontation, begins to craft a plot against both heroes, using Intergang.

ACT TWO:

Lex anonymously tips off Batman to an incoming shipment of Intergang weapons at the port, and Batman gives pursuit to similarly armored vehicles with his Batmobile. However, Superman interrupts him and destroys the Batmobile after a short chase, delivering his "Bat is Dead, etc." speech and revealing that he knows Batman's identity, while Batman challenges whether <i>Clark</i> thinks he's a god who can interfere in human affairs. Superman gives Bats an ultimatum and flies off to stop the Intergang vehicles and retrieve the weapons shipment, but Lex remotely detonates the vehicles, destroying the shipment, the entire Intergang warehouse and some low-rent housing, while making it appear that Superman killed everyone inside a three-block radius. The destruction prompts protests in Gotham over Superman's overreach. Meanwhile, Batman recovers some sort of Intergang device (Mother Box) from the destroyed warehouse and attempts to retrieve the information he needs from it.

Extended scene: Bruce goes to sleep while waiting on his computer to decrypt the data, during which he has his Knightmare (caused directly by the Mother Box). Flash appears within the bleak future itself to warn Bruce before he is killed by Superman. The dream convinces Batman that Superman is a threat that needs to be stopped immediately.

The Senate summons Superman to a hearing the following day, both because of the North Africa incident as well as the incident in Gotham and other false incidents in other states, orchestrated by Lex. Lois convinces Perry to let Clark accompany her to cover the hearing. Meanwhile, in the Batcave, Alfred informs Bruce that the Mother Box wiped the Batcomputer's main hard drive entirely. Frustrated, Bruce decides to give the device to Star Labs to see if they can crack it. That night, Bruce decides to take another crack at Donovan during another LexCorp function. However, he spots the mystery woman and decides to question her. Revealing her name as Diana Prince, she explains that she’s looking for one of her own people, captured by the same men he’s after. She offers Bruce a chance to work together to get access to Donovan’s files at LexCorp. Working together, they break into the servers and get access to the data, but then Diana keeps it to herself and tells Bruce she’ll let him know what she finds.

The following day at the hearing, chaired by Senator Finch, Superman denies killing anyone and makes his case for defending people around the world. However, the subcommittee charges him with causing more harm than good, and demands that he hang up the cape. Superman leaves the Capitol building and faces a large crowd of angry protesters. Later that night, Superman returns to the hotel where Lois is staying and expresses his doubts about being Superman, before flying off toward Kansas.

Extended scene: That night in Kansas, Clark has a dream about his father Jonathan, who tells him that trying to solve a problem can cause another one but that shouldn’t stop him from doing good. Instead, he should exercise humility. Clark and Martha later discuss the pressures of being Superman, with Martha admonishing Clark to be what the world needs him to be or not; he must make his own choices about what he can handle.

Back in Gotham, Batman begins preparations for a showdown with Superman while Lex receives an Intergang shipment of Kryptonite. Testing it on Zod’s corpse, Lex arranges for the Kryptonite to be “stolen” by Batman. Sure enough, Batman steals the Kryptonite, but Intergang uses the opportunity to frame Batman for murder. Meanwhile, Lois and Diana separately uncover Project Cadmus: Lois tails Bruno Mannheim and Lex Luthor to the project site in the Suicide Slum and is subsequently captured, while Diana decrypts Donovan’s files and watches footage of several metahumans, including several Atlanteans and her Amazon sister, being dissected and researched.

ACT THREE:

In Gotham, Batman finishes his preparations and lights up the Batsignal, and turns off his comms to shut out Alfred's continued protests. Superman quickly arrives, and the two heroes accuse each other of murder (and terrorism and fascism). The two then begin a major brawl, as they argue about each other's problematic actions and their different views of human nature, the efficacy of the justice system, and what it takes to make the world a better place. To even the fight, Batman uses not only light and sound devices but also kryptonian-based plasma weapons and lead-based smoke grenades. However, Superman has the upper hand, until Batman sprays him with aerosolized Kryptonite. Superman continues to fight Batman, but becomes weaker as the fight progresses. Regaining a little strength, Superman overpowers Batman and knocks him into the expansive sewer system below, into the darkness.

Meanwhile, an Intergang member interrogates Lois as to what she knows and how she knows it. Lois threatens him that Superman will rescue her, but the Intergang member reveals their manipulation of Superman and Batman into fighting. At the same time, Diana, dressed in her Amazonian garb, interrogates her way to the project site, and quickly dismantles the Intergang members. Diana breaks into Lois’ holding room just as she’s about to be tortured, and rescues Lois, who reveals that Batman and Superman are fighting. The man warns both women that Intergang’s plans are already in motion, and they race toward Gotham.

In the sewer system, Batman plays cat and mouse with Superman, as the latter continues to run into sensory and Kryptonite traps set by Batman, disorienting and weakening him further. Batman gloats that although Superman may rule the skies above Metropolis, here -- in Gotham -- Batman rules the darkness. Batman brutally beats Superman, until he is too weak to move. In Metropolis, Lex Luthor congratulates Bruno Mannheim on bringing both heroes to their knees, allowing both men to grow their businesses. As Lex ponders a future arrangement, Bruno presses a cylindrical alien stick to Lex's chest, causing him to convulse violently, and tells him he already has a more profitable partnership.

In Gotham, Batman prepares to kill Superman with a Kryptonite spear, citing the threat that Superman poses to the world. Superman challenges that Batman used to believe in justice, but now he has become the very thing he fears Superman may become: a man out of control, willing to kill good men because he fears they will become evil. As Batman hesitates, Wonder Woman and Lois show up and tell Batman to stop, as Superman slowly recovers. They explain that Intergang was behind everything, and they are planning something. Bruce reactivates his comms and Alfred tells Bruce that during his fight with Superman someone broke into the Batcave and stole the Mother Box. As the heroes prepare to return to Metropolis, Intergang activates the device in Heroes Park, causing a blinding portal to open.

From the portal emerges a hulking, spiked monster with fiery red eyes. Its skin blackened by smoke, the creature screams, causing windows everywhere to shatter. [Doomsday is basically the Godzilla version of Hulk, a sort of Kryptonian 'Balrog'.] Hearing the roar, Superman rushes back to Metropolis while Wonder Woman follows. Alfred alerts Batman that Intergang is taking the Mother Box into Gotham. Reaching Metropolis, Superman sees the creature already destroying the city. Superman charges the beast, but it sees him and the two engage in a brutal battle. Wonder Woman arrives and attempts to assist Superman. However, the creature repeatedly evolves after receiving damage. When it reaches a threshold, Doomsday unleashes a massive energy wave, destroying the entire park area.

Extended scene: Meanwhile, Batman tracks Intergang to their Gotham headquarters, where he proceeds to covertly traverse the compound, stealthily takin out guards, until he locates a chamber where Intergang members dressed in robes are performing some sort of ritual, with the Mother Box as the altar. The chamber is guarded by two dozen Intergang members. Batman bursts through to the chamber from below, taking out all two dozen men with skill and precision. Batman uses an EMP to take out the Mother Box and interrogates the ritual leader as to the Mother Box and the creature. The leader gloats that it's too late: they've summoned "him", and with the Last Son of Krypton slain at the hands of Krypton's "firstborn", nothing will stop "him." Realizing that the creature is Kryptonian, and may be stopped by his Kryptonite spear, Batman knocks out the man, tells Alfred to alert the police, and rushes to retrieve his weapon.

Superman and Wonder Woman continue their battle against Doomsday amidst an apocalyptic landscape. However, with Doomsday getting stronger, their attacks become less and less effective, and the creature deals a significant blow against Wonder Woman. Batman soon arrives in the Batwing with the kryptonite spear in tow, distracting the creature to give Wonder Woman space to recover. Batman lands and tells the two heroes that Doomsday might be felled with the spear. He begins to give it to Wonder Woman, but Superman takes, saying that he has to do it. Lois protests, but Superman says he's the only one who can get close enough now. Telling them to leave the area, Superman charges Doomsday and the two engage in a final fight, with Superman using the spear to cut off Doomsday's hand. The arm grows a spike to replace the hand, however, and Doomsday continues to keep Superman at bay. As Superman slowly weakens from proximity to the Kryptonite, he realizes what he must do and moves in close to Doomsday, allowing him to impale him. Drawing himself closer, Superman thrusts the spear into Doomsday, causing an emerald discharge that crystallizes the park area.

The lifeless Kryptonians fall to the ground, as Batman, Wonder Woman and Lois near the battlefield. Seeing Superman lifeless, Lois runs over in agony, cradling his body. Batman and Wonder Woman look mournfully on, as crowds outside the battlefield slowly approach to see what transpired. As the crowd slowly realizes that Superman is dead, a montage follows, in which the Daily Planet publishes the news of Superman's death and Clark's MIA status, Mercy Graves finds Lex Luthor unconscious, Metropolis PD raids various Intergang locations, Star Labs recovers the Mother Box from Gotham PD, Lex's head is shaved in preparation for brain surgery and Metropolis holds a memorial service for Superman in Heroes Park, with General Swanwick, Perry White, and Senator Finch in attendance.

Extended scene: Inside a bunker created from the wreckage of the World Engine, on an alien island created by the World Engine, Bruno Mannheim informs an unknown figure in with an inhuman voice that the Kryptonian is dead. The figure responds that everything is set for the next phase. When Mannheim asks about the "Amazon", the figure reassures him that Darkseid has everything planned.

At the Kent farm, Martha Kent, Lois Lane, Bruce Wayne and Diana Prince hold a quiet ceremony for Clark. Burying him next to Jonathan's tombstone, Martha and Lois weep as Bruce and Diana walk away. Bruce informs Diana about the warnings of his dream and the Intergang ritual leader: something worse is coming. Diana tells him that they were keeping tabs on hundreds of extraordinary individuals they called "metahumans." Bruce and Diana agree that they'll need them. Diana warns that some of them might be bad. Bruce replies that they'll get the ones that are good. Then Bruce gives a monologue about how he failed Superman in life but he will honor him in his death.
This all the way!!
I enjoyed BvS too but it could have been made better like you got it here😄

Powerman34 is offline   Reply With Quote