The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Microsoft

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2017, 12:14 PM   #51
X Knight
Hope
 
X Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 39,556
Default Re: The Xbox One - Part 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Enough for what? The PS4 will (deservedly) be the big winner this gen whatever happens going forward, too much momentum already and people making the jump to join their friends etc. I'd just be interested to know if all that talk about performance when it was less of a difference will still be applicable now that it's more significant but the other way round.
enough to overtake the PS4 and win this gen.

although, as you pointed it, I think that might already be a lost cause for MS and that may not even be their focus anymore.

anyways, watched some "hands on" vids of the X and I must say I really like the design. I thought the S was one of the better looking console designs and the X carries that design theme. Also really glad they kept the Red, Blue, Yellow, Green button color scheme on the controller.

I'm also impressed that they managed to pack so much power into an even more compact design. Figured they would have gone the opposite direction and made it bigger than the S.

though I am a bit confused as to the benefits the X will offer existing X1 games. So, it will enhance the graphics and performance of all existing X1 games? But then I see some games will be "X enhanced?"

If it can improve the graphics/performance of all existing X1 games, without needing them to be "patched," that would be great.

It would also be sublime if the extra horsepower in the X solved the slow/cumbersome download/install process on the X1. With all that extra power, downloads/installs should be lightning fast.

That's something that could actually get me interested in the X if they confirm definitively that download/install speeds will dramatically improve with the X.

__________________
Straight Edge and Proud!!

Last edited by X Knight; 06-15-2017 at 12:23 PM.
X Knight is offline  
Old 06-15-2017, 12:22 PM   #52
Iceman
Infinity War!
 
Iceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Londinium, North of Gaul, circa XLIII AD
Posts: 116,863
Default Re: The Xbox One - Part 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Knight View Post
enough to overtake the PS4 and win this gen.

although, as you pointed it, I think that might already be a lost cause for MS and that may not even be their focus anymore.

anyways, watched some "hands on" vids of the X and I must say I really like the design. I thought the S was one of the better looking console designs and the X carries that design theme. Also really glad they kept the Red, Blue, Yellow, Green button color scheme on the controller.

I'm also impressed that they managed to pack so much power into an even more compact design. Figured they would have gone the opposite direction and made it bigger than the S.

though I am a bit confused as to the benefits the X will offer existing X1 games. So, it will enhance the graphics and performance of all existing X1 games? But then I see some games will be "X enhanced?"

If it can improve the graphics/performance of all existing X1 games, without needing them to be "patched," that would be great.
For me the console itself is pretty much perfect. The Xbox ecosystem is actually getting relatively weaker in major exclusives though if that was even possible.

Yes it will improve all X1 games but the ones that are specifically patched will see major improvements (and they will likely be extending these patches as a priority once the console has been out for a while). All the instances where the original X1 struggled due to its specs being only on the border of what was needed will disappear.

I think the intention behind this console is just to start repairing the reputation of the Xbox brand and I don't think anyone is thinking this will give them even a chance of actually catching PS4. If the reputation can be repaired before the next console launch they can be in position to fight once again, in the same way that Sony pretty much fully repaired the PS' reputation over the course of the PS3's lifetime.

__________________
Xbox GT: BAHAMUT ZERO X 148,332 G
X-MEN - AVENGERS - JUSTICE LEAGUE
Iceman is offline  
Old 06-15-2017, 12:34 PM   #53
X Knight
Hope
 
X Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 39,556
Default Re: The Xbox One - Part 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
For me the console itself is pretty much perfect. The Xbox ecosystem is actually getting relatively weaker in major exclusives though if that was even possible.

Yes it will improve all X1 games but the ones that are specifically patched will see major improvements (and they will likely be extending these patches as a priority once the console has been out for a while). All the instances where the original X1 struggled due to its specs being only on the border of what was needed will disappear.

I think the intention behind this console is just to start repairing the reputation of the Xbox brand and I don't think anyone is thinking this will give them even a chance of actually catching PS4. If the reputation can be repaired before the next console launch they can be in position to fight once again, in the same way that Sony pretty much fully repaired the PS' reputation over the course of the PS3's lifetime.
true. good points.

yeah, I also wish they had more killer exclusives.

also, did they ever add mouse support to the X1?

like, can you hook up a USB keyboard and mouse to the X1 and navigate through the browser, for example?

__________________
Straight Edge and Proud!!

Last edited by X Knight; 06-15-2017 at 12:38 PM.
X Knight is offline  
Old 06-15-2017, 06:18 PM   #54
zenith16
Side-Kick
 
zenith16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: montreal
Posts: 34,747
Default Re: The Xbox One - Part 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Knight View Post
true. good points.

yeah, I also wish they had more killer exclusives.

also, did they ever add mouse support to the X1?

like, can you hook up a USB keyboard and mouse to the X1 and navigate through the browser, for example?
both pcgamer and pacgames N the latter one of which at time even covers console news at times mention they have gotten to that yet and are wondering when if ever.

zenith16 is offline  
Old 06-15-2017, 09:50 PM   #55
X Knight
Hope
 
X Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 39,556
Default Re: The Xbox One - Part 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenith16 View Post
both pcgamer and pacgames N the latter one of which at time even covers console news at times mention they have gotten to that yet and are wondering when if ever.
thanks.

__________________
Straight Edge and Proud!!
X Knight is offline  
Old 06-16-2017, 12:27 AM   #56
zenith16
Side-Kick
 
zenith16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: montreal
Posts: 34,747
Default Re: The Xbox One - Part 13

ok got a Microsoft Rep explaining to vic on video why MS has so little exclusive this year. it's the last segment inthe video below. prior to that he also got details on if mo9nter hunter world will come west for the switch since japan is indeed getting and the rep for Nintendo explains that as well. (Don't assume please see their explanations your questions will be answered ) all details are in the video below.

05:52


E3 2017 Day 4 - The Rundown - Electric Playground
Published 06/15/2017

It's our last day at E3 2017! Today in the Rundown, we have some disappointing news for Switch owners that want to play Monster Hunter: World, but also some good news for

those still wanting to own a Switch, the next console Pikmin game is further than expected, and finally, we find out what happened to all the Xbox One exclusives!


source: EPN.tv

zenith16 is offline  
Old 06-16-2017, 10:17 AM   #57
X Knight
Hope
 
X Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 39,556
Default Re: The Xbox One - Part 13

Will the 4K blu-ray player in the X be any better than the one in the S?

__________________
Straight Edge and Proud!!
X Knight is offline  
Old 06-20-2017, 04:28 AM   #58
zenith16
Side-Kick
 
zenith16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: montreal
Posts: 34,747
Default Re: The Xbox One - Part 13

01:42



4K Gaming Monitors? - Fan Question of the Day - Electric Playground

Published on 06/20/2017

What kind of 4K television should you get as we enter the brave new world of 4K gaming? Victor has some thoughts in the latest Fan Question of the Day!



source: EPN.tv

zenith16 is offline  
Old 06-26-2017, 03:10 PM   #59
X Knight
Hope
 
X Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 39,556
Default Re: The Xbox One - Part 13

So, it looks like if you are using an Xbox 1 X, whether or not you have a 4K tv, the X will download the 4K patches for the games.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/06/...a-4k-tv-or-not

and it looks like the Forza 7 patch will be 100GBs!!

if that's gonna be the trend for future 4K games, then you better get those external hard drives ready. lol

__________________
Straight Edge and Proud!!
X Knight is offline  
Old 06-28-2017, 09:29 AM   #60
Iceman
Infinity War!
 
Iceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Londinium, North of Gaul, circa XLIII AD
Posts: 116,863
Default Re: The Xbox One - Part 13

Dragon Age: Origins on GwG for anyone who hasn't tried it yet.

__________________
Xbox GT: BAHAMUT ZERO X 148,332 G
X-MEN - AVENGERS - JUSTICE LEAGUE
Iceman is offline  
Old 06-29-2017, 11:28 AM   #61
zenith16
Side-Kick
 
zenith16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: montreal
Posts: 34,747
Default Re: The Xbox One - Part 13

15:40

Why Buy an Xbox One X? - Aaron Greenberg Interview - Electric Playground
  • 1,107 views13 hours ago
Published on 06/29/2017

Vic chats with Aaron Greenberg about the Xbox One X and what it provides over its competition.





source: EPN.tv

zenith16 is offline  
Old 07-01-2017, 04:25 PM   #62
Midnyte_Sun
Medianoche de Sol
 
Midnyte_Sun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 5,669
Default Re: The Xbox One - Part 13

The fact that older game developers and older titles choose NOT to be backwards compatible for the XBOX1X because of licensing issues is backwards-minded and utterly stupid.

Like the presenter said, this not only opens up a whole library of titles, but allows gamers to visualize how games were made in the past and learn from it ultimately.

Great job Microsoft, I just wish you guys had this available on the premiere of the XBOX1!

Midnyte_Sun is offline  
Old 07-03-2017, 04:00 AM   #63
Tron Bonne
All Ass, No Sass
 
Tron Bonne's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: The Year 70XX
Posts: 33,303
Default Re: The Xbox One - Part 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnyte_Sun View Post
The fact that older game developers and older titles choose NOT to be backwards compatible for the XBOX1X because of licensing issues is backwards-minded and utterly stupid.

Like the presenter said, this not only opens up a whole library of titles, but allows gamers to visualize how games were made in the past and learn from it ultimately.

Great job Microsoft, I just wish you guys had this available on the premiere of the XBOX1!
Huh?

__________________
"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days.
Tron Bonne is offline  
Old 07-08-2017, 10:28 PM   #64
X Knight
Hope
 
X Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 39,556
Default Re: The Xbox One - Part 13

so, what original Xbox games would you like to see added to BC?

the 1st ones I can think of are the KOTOR games and Ultimate Spider-Man.

__________________
Straight Edge and Proud!!
X Knight is offline  
Old 07-09-2017, 05:51 AM   #65
Dr Lee
Feet first into hell
 
Dr Lee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 14,847
Default Re: The Xbox One - Part 13

I wanna see some of the early Forza games on BC... but I know that this is nigh impossible with all the various licensing issues that will spring up.

__________________
*Insert clever, witty movie quote here*
Dr Lee is offline  
Old 07-10-2017, 02:31 PM   #66
zenith16
Side-Kick
 
zenith16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: montreal
Posts: 34,747
Default Re: The Xbox One - Part 13






Xbox One X Price? - Fan Question of the Day - Electric Playground
  • 1,394 views2 days ago
Published on 07/08/2017
Microsoft's new Xbox One X starts at $500 in the US and $600 in Canada. Will there be more expensive options? That's the topic of the latest EP Fan Question of the Day!





source: EPN.tv

zenith16 is offline  
Old 07-11-2017, 01:05 PM   #67
X Knight
Hope
 
X Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 39,556
Default Re: The Xbox One - Part 13

hey, I have a question for those of you who still have a 360 and an X1.

I know on the X1, you saves are automatically saved to the cloud and tied to your Live account.

but, is that the case on the 360?

I ask because let's say I'm playing a 360 game on a 360 that's also BC with the X1. For example, Dragon Age Origins.

So, I've got all my saves on the 360. Then, down the road, I get an X1 and want to play the game on the X1 but continue my saves and progress where I left off.

Is that possible?

__________________
Straight Edge and Proud!!
X Knight is offline  
Old 07-11-2017, 01:30 PM   #68
Travesty
Side-Kick
 
Travesty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Your Mom's House
Posts: 22,380
Default Re: The Xbox One - Part 13

If you save to the cloud on your 360. An option will come up that asks you if you wanna save on the cloud or on your HDD. But if you already played the game on your 360 and saved on your HDD, and then you start it on your X1, your saves wont be there unless you selected from the beginning.

But yes, you can carry saves over, as long as you select Cloud saving on your 360.

Travesty is offline  
Old 07-11-2017, 01:44 PM   #69
X Knight
Hope
 
X Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 39,556
Default Re: The Xbox One - Part 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travesty View Post
If you save to the cloud on your 360. An option will come up that asks you if you wanna save on the cloud or on your HDD. But if you already played the game on your 360 and saved on your HDD, and then you start it on your X1, your saves wont be there unless you selected from the beginning.

But yes, you can carry saves over, as long as you select Cloud saving on your 360.
thanks!! that's good to know.

now, when you select Cloud saving on the 360, does that save to both the Cloud AND the HDD or is it either or.

__________________
Straight Edge and Proud!!
X Knight is offline  
Old 07-13-2017, 12:31 PM   #70
X Knight
Hope
 
X Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 39,556
Default Re: The Xbox One - Part 13

Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition now BC on the X1!!

https://www.windowscentral.com/super...-compatibility

So they're one step closer to Ultra Street Fighter IV being BC.....lol. Hopefully that's not too far off.

oh, and SF X Tekken would be nice, too.

as well as Soul Calibur V.

__________________
Straight Edge and Proud!!

Last edited by X Knight; 07-13-2017 at 12:34 PM.
X Knight is offline  
Old 07-13-2017, 12:39 PM   #71
Iceman
Infinity War!
 
Iceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Londinium, North of Gaul, circa XLIII AD
Posts: 116,863
Default Re: The Xbox One - Part 13

Yes would love SF X Tekken to make it.

__________________
Xbox GT: BAHAMUT ZERO X 148,332 G
X-MEN - AVENGERS - JUSTICE LEAGUE
Iceman is offline  
Old 07-13-2017, 01:32 PM   #72
X Knight
Hope
 
X Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 39,556
Default Re: The Xbox One - Part 13

Also, I noticed that the July X1 update ( releasing today ) adds CUSTOM GAMER PICS!!

Get the **** out of town!!!

https://news.xbox.com/2017/07/13/cus...ox-fans-today/

how come you Xboxers get all the COOL features and us Playstationers just seem to get......stability updates.

it's little details and features like this that attract me to the Xbox brand. and as such, my hype for the Xbox X in November has risen a notch.

__________________
Straight Edge and Proud!!
X Knight is offline  
Old 07-13-2017, 01:46 PM   #73
Iceman
Infinity War!
 
Iceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Londinium, North of Gaul, circa XLIII AD
Posts: 116,863
Default Re: The Xbox One - Part 13

Haven't thought about it much but only 4 months ago!

__________________
Xbox GT: BAHAMUT ZERO X 148,332 G
X-MEN - AVENGERS - JUSTICE LEAGUE
Iceman is offline  
Old 07-13-2017, 01:52 PM   #74
X Knight
Hope
 
X Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 39,556
Default Re: The Xbox One - Part 13

^ but it's a long 4 months.

kind of wished it released in August or September instead.

__________________
Straight Edge and Proud!!
X Knight is offline  
Old 07-13-2017, 01:53 PM   #75
Iceman
Infinity War!
 
Iceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Londinium, North of Gaul, circa XLIII AD
Posts: 116,863
Default Re: The Xbox One - Part 13

Would you get it if it did?

__________________
Xbox GT: BAHAMUT ZERO X 148,332 G
X-MEN - AVENGERS - JUSTICE LEAGUE
Iceman is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:44 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of Mandatory Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2018 All Rights Reserved.