The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2014, 01:13 AM   #251
RakuMon
Side-Kick

Default Re: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice News, Set & Official Photo Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsewhere View Post
Huh. Well all this time I thought Momoa was in the movie. That sucks. Was really hoping he'd be Lobo.
You and me both!

http://thenerdsofcolor.org/2013/12/1...-steel-sequel/

SECRET IDENTITIES VOLUME 2: Shattered -- NOW!!! Order Volume One at Amazon today!
Old 06-13-2014, 01:20 AM   #252
ChrisB
Batman News

Default Re: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice News, Set & Official Photo Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvel Spider View Post
Is this the same source that's been spot on with the other stuff?
Nope, the Momoa source is a first timer. However, based on his occupation (and I've seen proof), I believe him.

Old 06-13-2014, 02:07 AM   #253
dnno1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacit-ronin- View Post
He already said that he isn't in the movie.http://comicbook.com/blog/2014/05/19...s-got-started/

I don't think he said that he wasn't in the movie. He just said that the roles that people were speculating that he would play are just rumors. Both The Hollywood Reporter and Variety have reported (from their sources) that he was in talks with the studio for an unspecified role in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. We just don't know what role that is.

Old 06-13-2014, 02:51 AM   #254
Guts
My love for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by John-An View Post
If I'm correct, then I think that I recognize that is the parking lot of the detroit opera house.

Old 06-13-2014, 02:59 AM   #255
Pepsiguy2
Snyder Worshipper

I also heard a long time ago that Momoa had signed on from a source, but at the moment I'm not sure if something happened because when I pressed my source for further details he remained silent. I don't think he'll end up playing Aquaman, he has a mean vibe. Perhaps Darkseid?

Quote:
The Rock is MM. or he could be Black Adam.
Dwayne ain't Martian Manhunter. He said he wants to play a character that was never brought to life before. Phil Morris played Martian Manhunter on Smallville. And he isn't Black Adam because he'd be a franchise player. What use is Black Adam after Shazam? No use.

Old 06-13-2014, 03:03 AM   #256
NoLaNitE007
Do u Bleed? Do ya Punk?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisB View Post

Momoa and Goode going to be part of BvsS and Justice League?

Old 06-13-2014, 09:45 AM   #257
dhandler01
This world will fall!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepsiguy2 View Post
I also heard a long time ago that Momoa had signed on from a source, but at the moment I'm not sure if something happened because when I pressed my source for further details he remained silent. I don't think he'll end up playing Aquaman, he has a mean vibe. Perhaps Darkseid?

Dwayne ain't Martian Manhunter. He said he wants to play a character that was never brought to life before. Phil Morris played Martian Manhunter on Smallville. And he isn't Black Adam because he'd be a franchise player. What use is Black Adam after Shazam? No use.
Which is why he should play Shazam. He plays the lighthearted character amazingly well. He is the perfect combo of child friendly and badass.

Old 06-13-2014, 10:29 AM   #258
Kryptonian Warrior
The Dawn Is Upon Us
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
Aquaman confirmed
Oh man, don't say stuff like that when you know there are guests that are lurking around and will sign up just to ask when Aquaman was confirmed. Then it all snowballs from there.

http://www.blu-ray.com/community/col...n.php?u=230251
Old 06-13-2014, 10:33 AM   #259
TheNextNolan22
Hurting Really REALLY BAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptonian Warrior View Post
Oh man, don't say stuff like that when you know there are guests that are lurking around and will sign up just to ask when Aquaman was confirmed. Then it all snowballs from there.
Or reputable trades will say it's legit and "scoop" prostitutes will say it came from here.

Man of Steel (Zack Snyder)/ Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice (Zack Snyder)/ Suicide Squad (David Ayer)/ Wonder Woman (Patty Jenkins)/Justice League (Zack Snyder)/The Flash/Aquaman (James Wan) /Shazam!/Cyborg/Green Lantern
Old 06-13-2014, 10:59 AM   #260
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnno1 View Post
I don't think he said that he wasn't in the movie. He just said that the roles that people were speculating that he would play are just rumors. Both The Hollywood Reporter and Variety have reported (from their sources) that he was in talks with the studio for an unspecified role in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. We just don't know what role that is.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/01/...an-vs-superman

"It's just rumors," Momoa told IGN. "I want to say something amazing, but I can't comment on rumors. It's flattering." Adding, "I'm not involved in it."

http://www.mstarz.com/articles/30497...s-superman.htm
In January, he sat down with MTV News, which asked the actor about the role. And once again, he flat out denied that the rumors are true:

"I get it all the time. It's just a rumor. It's just rumors. I swear. Man to man. You can punch me in the face. You're allowed to punch me in the face. It's a flattering rumor, but..."

Old 06-13-2014, 11:02 AM   #261
shauner111
Side-Kick

Ill be upset if Michael C Hall isn't Max Lord!

Old 06-13-2014, 11:55 AM   #262
dnno1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/01/...an-vs-superman

"It's just rumors," Momoa told IGN. "I want to say something amazing, but I can't comment on rumors. It's flattering." Adding, "I'm not involved in it."

http://www.mstarz.com/articles/30497...s-superman.htm
In January, he sat down with MTV News, which asked the actor about the role. And once again, he flat out denied that the rumors are true:

"I get it all the time. It's just a rumor. It's just rumors. I swear. Man to man. You can punch me in the face. You're allowed to punch me in the face. It's a flattering rumor, but..."
Saying that it is rumor and that he isn't in it are two slightly different things. He never denied that he was in talks to be in the picture and as to what role we still just don't know.

Old 06-13-2014, 12:23 PM   #263
gdw
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnno1 View Post
Saying that it is rumor and that he isn't in it are two slightly different things. . . .
He said "I'm not involved in it."

Of course he very likely could be lying. OR, if recent rumours are to be believed regarding when they are introducing different characters, he may be telling the truth, as he was, IIRC, being asked specifically about BvS, while still being cast as Aquaman.

Thanks Cconn, for the avvy.

"Originally we wanted Bill Murray to play Batman." - Jon Peters.
Old 06-13-2014, 01:35 PM   #264
John-An
Wonder Fingers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepsiguy2 View Post
What about Hawkman?

Quote:
He said that the character was never been brought to livescreen, tv show doesn't count. He said superman's power level, with a backstory really interesting...
so I'd say Black Adam, MARTIAN MANHUNTER, Orion.

"I think the whole thing with Kryptonite is that it's an easy way out, but if you want to destroy Superman, you BREAK his heart"
-Hans Zimmer
Old 06-13-2014, 01:48 PM   #265
BatFan1979
The Fan Batman Needs...

Quote:
What about Hawkman?

He said that the character was never been brought to livescreen, tv show doesn't count. He said superman's power level, with a backstory really interesting...
so I'd say Black Adam, MARTIAN MANHUNTER, Orion.
Why couldn't Dwayne play Shazam(Captain Marvel) himself? I mean he said that he was playing a character who is on the same level as Superman - I think Shazam is the closest there - and that would be a Franchise if received well. I could see a young mixed samoan-american kid playing a Billy Batson type. I could dig that! The Rock can be pretty funny and kid-like at times and would make a great Shazam.

As much as it pains me to admit it, I kinda agree with zryson.
~ Naked Bat
Old 06-13-2014, 01:53 PM   #266
Charlatan
Side-Kick

Looks like rain on the set today

https://twitter.com/ClayEnos/status/...348673/photo/1

Old 06-13-2014, 01:55 PM   #267
John-An
Wonder Fingers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatFan1979 View Post
Why couldn't Dwayne play Shazam(Captain Marvel) himself? I mean he said that he was playing a character who is on the same level as Superman - I think Shazam is the closest there - and that would be a Franchise if received well. I could see a young mixed samoan-american kid playing a Billy Batson type. I could dig that! The Rock can be pretty funny and kid-like at times and would make a great Shazam.
That's the thing... I see him as Black Adam but not as Shazam. His personality doesn't fit with Dwane's presence and personality.

"I think the whole thing with Kryptonite is that it's an easy way out, but if you want to destroy Superman, you BREAK his heart"
-Hans Zimmer

Last edited by John-An; 06-13-2014 at 02:07 PM.
Old 06-13-2014, 01:58 PM   #268
Chip Chipperson
Thanos 3:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlatan View Post
they could use this weather for a badass Bats-Supes showdown

just a suggestion

Old 06-13-2014, 02:54 PM   #269
HaplessHenchman
Goon for hire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip Chipperson View Post

just a suggestion
I like the way you think.

Old 06-13-2014, 02:56 PM   #270
TheNextNolan22
Hurting Really REALLY BAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip Chipperson View Post

just a suggestion

Man of Steel (Zack Snyder)/ Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice (Zack Snyder)/ Suicide Squad (David Ayer)/ Wonder Woman (Patty Jenkins)/Justice League (Zack Snyder)/The Flash/Aquaman (James Wan) /Shazam!/Cyborg/Green Lantern
Old 06-13-2014, 04:53 PM   #271
John-An
Wonder Fingers!

-Hans Zimmer
Old 06-13-2014, 05:03 PM   #272
Guts
My love for you

Quote:

It would be pretty funny to see batman using that fist as a weapon against superman.

Old 06-13-2014, 05:05 PM   #273
N7 Joseph Shepard
Human/Kryptonian Hybrid

Quote:

Check it out, its the SmackDown! Fist

Old 06-13-2014, 05:15 PM   #274
Guts
My love for you

The fist is actually a monument to the boxer: joe louis. If they do include that monument in the movie, then I wonder if it will be an easter egg by saying that it is a monument to ted grant.

Old 06-13-2014, 05:27 PM   #275
John-An
Wonder Fingers!

-Hans Zimmer
Closed Thread