The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Misc. and Multiplatform Games

Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2013, 08:38 PM   #276
Benstamania
Go away.

Default Re: Final Fantasy Versus XIII....um actually it's XV now

FF12 just felt like Star Wars to me...With a FF paint job.

Old 06-13-2013, 09:20 PM   #277
Soapy
Side-Kick

That's part of the reason why I liked it so much. Very much inspired by Star Wars.

Old 06-13-2013, 09:35 PM   #278
Benstamania
Go away.

Yeah, I didn't dislike it. Just very Star Wars...While I liked that I also felt like it was TOO inspired by it...to the point where you almost know the story, ha.

Old 06-14-2013, 12:17 AM   #279
Brother Jack
Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benstamania View Post
FF12 just felt like Star Wars to me...With a FF paint job.
I couldn't get into the battle system in that game. It played like an MMO.

And it's like Star Wars except for the lack of a strong hero and villain.

Old 06-14-2013, 04:41 AM   #280
Octoberist
point blank

As flawed as I thought FF12 was, I thought it was a stronger game than FF13. In fact, I wish they made sequels of the '12' world than '13'.

-- Anonymous, 2016
Old 06-14-2013, 07:02 AM   #281
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octoberist View Post
As flawed as I thought FF12 was, I thought it was a stronger game than FF13. In fact, I wish they made sequels of the '12' world than '13'.
Balthier needed his own game

Old 06-14-2013, 07:15 AM   #282
Nathan

Quote:
E3 2013: Final Fantasy 15 Was Almost a Musical

There’s a strange, parallel universe where Final Fantasy XV nee Versus XIII turns out to be a full-blown musical. Song and dance numbers, choreographed movements, and a lyrical look into the human condition – all of this is present in the bizarro-FFXV. I’m not sure if this version of the game sells well enough to recoup the decade-long budget, but damn if it isn’t a fascinating experiment.

Sadly, this game was only a pipe dream that existed in the mind of Tetsuya Nomura for one day a few months ago after coming into the office the morning after watching last year’s film version of Les Miserable.

We sat down with Nomura at this year’s E3 for a solid hour and talked about all things FFXV, Kingdom Hearts III, and life. This is when he revealed to us that he was so moved by Hugh Jackman and Anne Hathaway’s lyrical take on Victor Hugo's novel, that he charged into the Square offices the next morning intent on transforming FFXV into a musical of Les Miserables’s caliber.

As you can guess, there’s probably not a lot of money in a big-budget, Japanese, interactive musical, so the powers that be at Square Enix coaxed Nomura off the ledge and convinced him to continue on FFXV’s current trajectory.

While still on the topic of film, Nomura told us that he likes to leave work at work, so he tends not to play a whole lot of games at home. Instead, he consumes movies like a junky – 2 or 3 of them on most nights. His biggest cinematic inspiration is Baz Lurhman, the visionary Australian director behind Romeo + Juliet, Moulin Rouge, and most recently The Great Gatsby. If Nomura is able to capture some of the magic of those movies and use it in Final Fantasy XV, we could be in for something special.

Stick around to IGN for much more on our time with Tetsuya Nomura, including what Disney’s recent acquisitions mean for Kingdom Hearts III.
Source

Old 06-14-2013, 07:20 AM   #283
Tron Bonne
All Ass, No Sass

Wuh?

"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days.
Old 06-14-2013, 07:25 AM   #284
Nathan

I can just imagine him storming the Square-Enix office, being all excited and pitching his idea "Let's make Final Fantasy XV a musical!". The Bosses just look at him in silence, and point at the door.

Old 06-26-2013, 01:22 AM   #285
zenith16
Side-Kick

Final Fantasy XV Will Be Considered For Any Hardware That Uses DirectX 11. June 25, 2013 . 10:40pm

Final Fantasy XV is being created at a quality higher than next-gen consoles are capable of, and the game is being ported down to consoles capable of running DirectX 11.

Quote:
In the second part of his internal E3 interview with Square Enix, Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy XV director Tetsuya Nomura voices a few of his thoughts on the latter game. Nomura’s revelations of Final Fantasy XV aren’t as interesting as on Kingdom Hearts, but below is the video, in case you want to watch. The FF talk begins a little after the halfway mark.

Quote:

Here are a few interesting tidbits from the talk with Nomura:

• As previously reported, discussions regarding renaming Versus XIII to Final Fantasy XV began early on, and the final decision was made a couple of years ago.

• There isn’t much of a turn-based style to the game, but there is a Command system as well. The game won’t be an “action-only” game. It needs to have the taste of Final Fantasy.

• Imagine what it would feel like if Final Fantasy were to become an action game.

• Noctis can battle by himself, but will be able to cooperate with other players/characters. The teamplay will also be connected to the game’s story. (Note: Whether this refers to multiplayer or AI-controlled team players is unknown, although Nomura has mentioned the possibility of multiplayer)

• Noctis can’t actually defy gravity as it may seem to appear in the trailer; he can teleport himself into the air. The idea is to create a balance between realism and fantastical game actions.

• Final Fantasy XV is being created at a quality higher than next-gen consoles are capable of, and the game is being ported down to consoles capable of running DirectX 11. Nomura specifically says that Square Enix will consider releasing the game for other hardware capable of running DirectX 11 as well. We’re going to assume that a PC release for FFXV is a very serious possibility.

Final Fantasy XV is in development for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
source:Siliconera

Old 06-26-2013, 04:17 PM   #286
zenith16
Side-Kick

Default Re: Final Fantasy Versus XIII

yo every one remember when this news was put out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenith16 View Post
Square Enix President Yoichi Wada Steps Down. March 26, 2013 . 8:00am

Taking over his position is current representative director Yosuke Matsuda who will now also serve as president.

source: Siliconera

well here's the latest.

Former Square Enix CEO Yoichi Wada listed as Chairman of the Board

(12 minutes ago)

Former Square Enix Chief Executive Officer Yoichi Wada, who announced he would be stepping down as CEO in March after the company's "extraordinary" loss, has moved on to become... the company's Chairman of the Board. Square Enix's Japanese site has made note of the change.

To give this a little perspective, if the CEO is the captain, then the Chairman of the Board is the one who controls the ship. It's the job of the board to work in the best interest of investors. Given recent events, this is the part where you totally have permission to laugh or cry. Your choice.

We've reached out to Square Enix for confirmation and comment.

and on even more on this.

Square Enix explains former CEO's current role within company

(34 minutes ago)

Early this morning Square Enix clarified the role of former Chief Executive Officer Yoichi Wada within the company, after his name popped up as "Chairman" on company forms a couple of days ago – a surprising turn given Square's financial condition. A spokesperson explained The Square Enix Group's entire business and operations are managed and executed by Square Enix Holdings Co., Ltd, the parent company.

"Yoichi Wada has left the management of Square Enix Holdings Co., Ltd and no longer has any role in the parent company," the statement to Joystiq reads. "Currently, he is overseeing a portion of the business within Square Enix Co., Ltd (Square Enix Tokyo), one of the subsidiaries of the parent company. These businesses include emerging markets as well as social and mobile businesses."

Wada's current job title is Chairman for Square Enix Tokyo. He does not hold the right of representation for the company. The note concludes: "He has no authority in terms of the management of the Group."

Wada left the CEO position in March after the company's "extraordinary" loss"; he was replaced by former company director and CFO Yosuke Matsuda.

Last edited by zenith16; 06-28-2013 at 11:48 AM.
Old 07-02-2013, 07:46 PM   #287
Octoberist
point blank

hehe..extraordinary loss was due to Final Fantasy 14's failing. Don't blame Tomb Raider!

-- Anonymous, 2016
Old 10-28-2013, 11:28 AM   #288
Havok83
Side-Kick

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/10/...nal-fantasy-13

If they even think about putting Lightning in FF XV, then Im done

Old 10-28-2013, 11:34 AM   #289
Tron Bonne
All Ass, No Sass

Did you get that from that interview? It seems like he's saying the opposite.

"When you see a John Woo film, it's comforting to know how shallow the world really is. The full force of the manly coolness factor with a peice of nose hair sticking out from the tiny crack between manly and cool, exposes the thinness of the male hormone factor. It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."

Quote:
I was a North American Fall Webworm in my past life. Those were the good old days.
Old 10-28-2013, 11:48 AM   #290
Havok83
Side-Kick

It says her saga is ending with the upcoming game but that doesn't meant she won't be thrust into someone else's story. I don't want to see anymore of her even in a small supporting capacity here.

Old 10-28-2013, 11:49 AM   #291
Nathan

FFXIII needs to be buried and forgotten.

Old 10-28-2013, 12:38 PM   #292
X Knight
Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
FFXIII needs to be buried and forgotten.
definitely.

Old 10-28-2013, 04:46 PM   #293
Tron Bonne
All Ass, No Sass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
It says her saga is ending with the upcoming game but that doesn't meant she won't be thrust into someone else's story. I don't want to see anymore of her even in a small supporting capacity here.
He says he can see the areas and characters that was meant to be part of XIII returning, and what I took it to mean was that we could see that in crossovers or being reworked into other games, such as what happened with unused Wind Waker dungeons that was reworked into Twilight Princess. That's what I took from this article. I'm not seeing where he's saying he wants to thrust Lightening into anyone else's stories.

Quote:
Old 03-13-2014, 11:27 AM   #294
zenith16
Side-Kick

from yesterday

Final Fantasy XV Track Featured In Yoko Shimomura’s Upcoming Album . March 12, 2014 . 4:57am

A new album featuring a mix of Yoko Shimomura’s work will also include a track from the upcoming Final Fantasy XV.

45 Thoughts Read >

from today

Tetsuya Nomura Talks About His Childhood And How He Joined Square .March 13, 2014 . 1:48am

In an interview with Famitsu magazine, Square Enix’s Tetsuya Nomura details his childhood and how he joined the company he’s worked at all these years.

Quote:

Square Enix designer, director, and creative producer Tetsuya Nomura is known for designing characters in the Final Fantasy series and also as the man behind the Kingdom Hearts series. Not much is known about the man himself, though. However, this week’s Famitsu magazine takes him down memory lane to talk about how his career began.

While Nomura has been involved in various projects for Square Enix as a director and creative producer, Famitsu points out that he’s probably most known for his character designs. They ask if he’s been drawing since he was little.

“The oldest drawing I still have is a drawing of a lion I did on my third birthday, on the back of a lid from a paper box,” shares Nomura. “I often drew a lot after returning home from preschool. Since then, I’ve always loved drawing.”

Famitsu asks if that means he often stayed home when he was a child.

“No, actually, I played baseball out on the rice fields, made fortresses out in the fields, went swimming and fishing at the rivers and beach; I pretty much did everything there was to do at that age,” says Nomura with a laugh.

Now that we know a little about Nomura’s childhood, Famitsu asks about his first experience playing games.

“What comes to mind aren’t video games… but board games; Sugoroku to be specific,” responds Nomura. “Sugoroku is quite a simple game that involes rolling a dice and going from start to end, it’s really easy to understand. However, the ones my father made had various barriers on the route, and there was a rule that required you to pass them in order to reach the goal.”

“During my elementary school days, that was really fun. I remember making them myself and playing together with friends.”

Famitsu mentions that having another person enjoy something that he created must have been like a starting point to his work.

“I wasn’t conscious of it at the time, but now that I think of it, that was the first time that happened,” says Nomura. “Speaking of being influenced by my father, that’s also how I picked up an interest in drawing.”

He continues, “He didn’t do it out of interest, but he would make little drawings for me, or he’d help me out with arts and crafts. When I was in middle school, it was also my father who said ‘we’re entering an era of computers,’ then went ahead and bought me a computer.”

Next, Famitsu asks if that’s when he entered the world of computers, back in his middle school days.

“Yes, it was in the dawn of spring. Using a book as reference, I used basic programming and made games,” explains Nomura. “Also, I played Tennis and Ping Pong on the Color TV-Game, and I also have plenty of memories of playing Legends of Stararthur Planet Mephius (pictured above) on PC. I believe I was able to play video games at a relatively early time because of that. However, I never bought the Famicom when it was released when I was in middle school, but I played it after borrowing it in high school.”

If you’re curious about what Nomura’s favourite game was at the time, he was questioned along those lines as well.

“That would be Dragon Quest,” answers Nomura. “I was shocked and thought, ‘Wow, these kind of games exist!’. Back then, most game characteristics had you get the game over screen after dying three times, but I was surprised to see something with story elements.”

Famitsu wonders if that’s how he decided to make it his goal to work in the games industry.

“No, actually, I never even thought about joining a game company,” says Nomura. “At the time, I wanted to become a manga artist, and drew manga in the middle of class during high school, then showed it my friends during break.”

“I didn’t pay any attention whatsoever,” shares Nomura with a laugh when asked about his classes. He adds with a laugh, “However, I thought it would be impossible for me to become a manga artist, so I entered a vocational school related to advertisement in order to find employment. I thought it’d be nice to find an advertising job at a publishing company, but I didn’t have enough attendance days (at vocational school) so I often had to take supplementary lessons.”

So, Tetsuya Nomura led a fairly normal life growing up. But how did he end up working for Square?

“I was looking at an employment magazine, and saw that [Square] were recruiting,” says Nomura. “There was one of [Yo****aka] Amano’s drawings in there, and it caught my attention. Back in my high school days, my high school art teacher actually said ‘I think you’d like this guy’s drawings,’ and told me about him.”

Famitsu exclaims that it’s almost as if it were destiny that brought him to join the company. They ask if that’s when he decided to make games.

“I just wanted a job where I could ‘make’ something while being able to draw,” states Nomura. “At the same time, I knew that I wouldn’t be able to do anything on my own. So, that’s when I thought of making games. I couldn’t think of any other choices.”

source:Siliconera

Old 03-18-2014, 04:43 PM   #295
TheLastBlade
Side-Kick

I remember playing FF10.... And **** that game.

I kinda did have fun with 12, but it was like only for a few hours. Can't make a solid opinion.

**** Every. Single. FFXIII Game. EVER.... Oh, and Lightning Returns sucked too.

I think it's pretty obvious on why they renamed Versus XIII to FFXV :P

Old 03-18-2014, 05:01 PM   #296
zenith16
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastBlade View Post
I remember playing FF10.... And **** that game.

I kinda did have fun with 12, but it was like only for a few hours. Can't make a solid opinion.

**** Every. Single. FFXIII Game. EVER.... Oh, and Lightning Returns sucked too.

I think it's pretty obvious on why they renamed Versus XIII to FFXV :P
yeah well sqaure will never see XIII and it's sequels as bad or say so thanks to this happening
Both Lightning Returns And Bravely Default Were Among Last Month’s Best-Sellers. March 13, 2014 . 11:26pm

Additionally, the NPD Group mention in their report that software sales on the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 are “off to a great start”.

just be happy you have X and x 2 to tide you over til 15 comes about . No more XIII talk. from now on or there will be a riot from the others .

Old 06-06-2014, 01:16 PM   #297
Soapy
Side-Kick

Not actually news, more like anti-news or non-news, but in a Japanese interview a Final Fantasy producer said that there would be no new Final Fantasy XV info at E3. '

Old 06-06-2014, 01:22 PM   #298
Havok83
Side-Kick

they are waiting till they are ready to show it....in 2017

Old 06-06-2014, 01:22 PM   #299
Nathan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
they are waiting till they are ready to show it....in 2017
Hahaha!

Old 06-06-2014, 01:24 PM   #300
X Knight
Hope

yeah.....just posted that in the E3 thread.

I can understand KH3, but for FF XV, considering how LONG it's been in development, I was expecting to see that one.

guess I won't believe XV is out until I actually see it on store shelves.............

.......for the PS5 and Xbox2.........