This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Thread Manager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 12:14 PM   #3
Osiris-Rex
Head-Kick

Default Re: The Official Gotham News and discussion thread - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Hythlodeus View Post
somehow, and I blame Batman (1966) for it, I always thought Gotham was in California
Definitely one of the sunniest, low rise buildings, wide streets Batman ever.
And that's including the two serials from the 1940s.

Osiris-Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 08:11 PM   #4
herolee10
Superman Fan No More

Default Re: The Official Gotham News and discussion thread - Part 4

I've seen some interesting reactions over the Web about this but how would you guys feel if the show did turn Ed and Penguin's relationship into that of lovers?

herolee10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 11:31 AM   #5
Steelsheen
The Geekeratti of Nerdom

Gotham is LIT! h8terz h8te but really this show is on a roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
I've seen some interesting reactions over the Web about this but how would you guys feel if the show did turn Ed and Penguin's relationship into that of lovers?
it weird. then again im an old skool Batfan so any romance angle where camaraderie is just as sensible a relationship is just weird to me. in this day and age being BFFs isnt enough anymore, its always got something to do with trying to get into each others pants

xxxMADNESS IS LIKE GRAVITY ALL IT TAKES IS A LITTLE PU
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxS
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxH
Follow me on Twitter: All the Geekery @Steelsheen
Steelsheen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 02:11 PM   #6
Ozbridge
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelsheen View Post
Gotham is LIT! h8terz h8te but really this show is on a roll
I agree.

Ozbridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 12:26 AM   #7
Osiris-Rex
Head-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
I think the producers nipped that in the bud with Nygma's blatently heterosexual interest in the Miss Kringle look-alike. Oswald is going to be so heart broken. Does confirm Penguin is gay though.

Osiris-Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 01:20 PM   #8
Coffee
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
I think the producers nipped that in the bud with Nygma's blatently heterosexual interest in the Miss Kringle look-alike. Oswald is going to be so heart broken. Does confirm Penguin is gay though.
Hmm, I'm still not sure. From a writers point of view, this could go either way.

Penguin hasn't really shown true interest in either gender.

The first time he met Nygma at the police station, he didn't show any sort of interest, or acts or pursuing a relationship.

I think he just fell for the person who constantly admires him. This could've easily been a female, but Ed happen to be the person who is always nice to him, shows affection, etc.

Penguin has been a lonely underdog for most of the series & Ed, whether intentionally or not, has been feeding into that.

"I'll never leave you penguin, blah blah"...... "I'd always be here blah blah.... blah blah....." "Of course I'd save your life, etc".

I'm not saying he can't officially be gay, but the way the writing lends it itself to the notion that penguin just wants somebody to love & Nygma fits the bill because of his actions.

Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 02:29 PM   #9
DarthSkywalker
May the Force Be With You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee View Post
Hmm, I'm still not sure. From a writers point of view, this could go either way.

Penguin hasn't really shown true interest in either gender.

The first time he met Nygma at the police station, he didn't show any sort of interest, or acts or pursuing a relationship.

I think he just fell for the person who constantly admires him. This could've easily been a female, but Ed happen to be the person who is always nice to him, shows affection, etc.

Penguin has been a lonely underdog for most of the series & Ed, whether intentionally or not, has been feeding into that.

"I'll never leave you penguin, blah blah"...... "I'd always be here blah blah.... blah blah....." "Of course I'd save your life, etc".

I'm not saying he can't officially be gay, but the way the writing lends it itself to the notion that penguin just wants somebody to love & Nygma fits the bill because of his actions.
True, it could of been a woman. But as it was a man, that means he is a the very least bisexual. Unless you think attachment issues can suddenly make someone attracted to the same gender if they aren't already inclined.

Old 10-31-2016, 06:08 PM   #10
Coffee
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
True, it could of been a woman. But as it was a man, that means he is a the very least bisexual. Unless you think attachment issues can suddenly make someone attracted to the same gender if they aren't already inclined.
Eh, it's Gotham......anything can happen in terms of that. (Barbara, Tabitha, & that scene with Fish have displayed an openness for whoever one is attracted to.....Even Ed was with the Kringle / new Kringle)

So should they pair Ed & Penguin up, it wouldn't be a huge detour from some of the other character pairings.

The character can end up being gay, I'm just saying, based on the way that this storyline has been unfolding, it's being presented as a more emotional realization that he's in love with Nygma with each favor or compliment vs physical attraction. They haven't shared anything more than an embrace & he's saying this person is his true love.

Obviously, should this particular pairing be followed through, the physical attraction will be explored, but for now, it's being presented as more of an emotional reaction.

Whatever, happens, we'll just see how things unfold!

Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 02:47 PM   #11
TheFuture
Rising

The show is continuing to meander unfortunately, with them not doing enough to keep me interested in what I assume is the main storyline the Court of Owls. They achieved much more in this time last season with Galavan, a half made up character, than they have with an actual established plot from the comics this season.

Mad Hatter is doing nothing for me.

If I was to guess I'd say Isabella is
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Clayface
acting either on behalf of the Owls or Butch to **** with Penguin/Ed. I'm still interested in where that plot goes. Falcone's son seems to be showing a bit of promise as well.

Bruce/Selina's relationship peaked for me last season so their arc thus far this season has disappointed. Their connection felt much deeper in the former, the latter just feels like they weren't sure how to advance it and are now falling into cliche.

Season 2 was so good for me, it's frustrating to see them fall back into the disappointment of Season 1.

Old 10-20-2016, 08:40 PM   #12
Kathemy
It could happen to you

I'd welcome it. It's the direction they've been taking that relationship since they started interacting. It would make sense.

Old 10-20-2016, 10:57 PM   #13
JackRackum
Side-Kick

I'm sure it'll be interesting regardless of which direction they take with Penguin and Nygma.

I know how I'll be spending my monday nights regardless.

JackRackum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 02:01 PM   #14
Cobblepot
Giant-Size Man-Thing

No! They did not make Penguin gay...
And they neutered Man-Hatter an made him a simple Gordon obsessed murderer instead of a child abuser.
It was already one of the worst DC series (worst being Legends)
This whole series has been a huge pile of horse manure on Batman's characters with one of the main villains being a fishy one created to piss off fans.

Not even a mustache, glasses and raincoat can save Gotham now. Maybe Grant Gustin can reboot the whole series with Flashpoint...

Ow man, Gordon really needed the Netflix treatment.

And where is Harvey Dent?

Last edited by Cobblepot; 10-25-2016 at 02:12 PM.
Cobblepot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 06:20 PM   #15
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobblepot View Post
And they neutered Man-Hatter an made him a simple Gordon obsessed murderer instead of a child abuser.
I think forcing a kid to stand in the path of a speeding truck counts as abuse.

2016: "This movie sucked because it didn't have a designated meddling executive."
HighFivingMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 07:15 AM   #16
Cobblepot
Giant-Size Man-Thing

I ment sexual abuse.

Old 10-26-2016, 07:34 AM   #17
Kathemy
It could happen to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobblepot View Post
I ment sexual abuse.
I don't know, isn't implied incest enough for you? Do you need him raping a seven-year-old onscreen to be satisfied?

Old 10-26-2016, 08:12 AM   #18
Pfeiffer-Pfan
Cool Rider

I never liked the whole sexual abuse stuff with The Mad Hatter, so I'm glad the show avoided it mostly.

I'm all for a Penguin/Riddler romance... as long as Oswald doesn't show him his ''french flipper trick''.

Pfeiffer-Pfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 06:22 PM   #19
Mindreaper21
It's Harvest Time

Mad Hatter being a pedo makes his character a hell of a lot more interesting to me. Reminds me of Freddy Krueger in a sense. You know what he is, but its not extremely obvious. As far as Riddler and Penguin go, make them rivals! I want them to really hate one another. Have Penguin to stab Riddler in the back and Riddler to get revenge in the most evil way. I want to see Riddler's death traps soon.

=Arkham=
Origins
Asylum
City
Knight
Mindreaper21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 08:31 PM   #20
Kathemy
It could happen to you

Mad Hatter has always had questionable sexual orientation, but where do you get that he's a pedophile from the Gotham adaptation? Have I missed something?

Old 10-27-2016, 09:29 PM   #21
Asharad
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathemy View Post
Mad Hatter has always had questionable sexual orientation, but where do you get that he's a pedophile from the Gotham adaptation? Have I missed something?
I know nothing about the comic book version of Mad Hatter. Yet the Gotham adaptation made it abundantly clear to me that he was a child molestor.

Asharad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 06:46 AM   #22
Kathemy
It could happen to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asharad View Post
I know nothing about the comic book version of Mad Hatter. Yet the Gotham adaptation made it abundantly clear to me that he was a child molestor.
Again, from what? Incest is one thing. What scene are you talking about?

Old 10-28-2016, 09:46 AM   #23
Ozbridge
Side-Kick

Quote:
Again, from what? Incest is one thing. What scene are you talking about?
We don't know Alice's age but Naian González Norvind's age range is 15-24 (she's at least 21 irl and Benedict Samuels is 28). If Alice's in her late teens then that also implied that Mad Hatter is a child molester.

Ozbridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 06:38 PM   #24
Mindreaper21
It's Harvest Time

Quote:
The scene with Jim and Hatter at the table, Jim said that Alice told him that Hatter used to touch her when they were kids. Jim said "She killed herself rather than be with you". Listen to the way Hatter says he loved her and how passionate he is. He means he was in love with his sister. Hatter is most likely a few years older than her. In adolescence, there needs to be at least a 5 year age difference for one to be considered a pedophile.

=Arkham=
Origins
Asylum
City
Knight
Mindreaper21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 07:51 PM   #25
Kathemy
It could happen to you

Jervis "most likely being a few years older" than Alice doesn't make him a pedophile. That's no case. Is there anything else on the show making him a child molester?