The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Daredevil

Old 03-28-2016, 09:45 PM   #51
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

Default Re: Season 2, Episode 10 "The Man in the Box" (USE SPOILER TAGS!)

I didn't expect to see Fisk again after the last episode so I was pleasantly surprised he showed up again. And what a confrontation. He'll end up controlling the city again. He needs to be in a Spider-Man movie. However, this series makes the streets of NYC so violent that it almost seems too violent for Spidey.

Glad to see Elektra finally got her sais. I thought it would've just been something she had not something she picked up from a fight with someone else.

DD, Punisher and Elektra really need to come to an understanding and team up to protect the city.

Dark Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 07:38 PM   #52
Spider-Aziz
They Saw the Bill

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
This could lead to Fisk knowing Matt is the man in the mask, it will work like the wound gave in the first film.

Matt was supposed to remove a few hooks while the Foo.... Hand were climbing the hospital walls.

YOUTUBE
I had a dream, and another dream

The internet: You formed your personal opinion and liked something popular? You are part of the herd. You like something new and unpopular? Cult of the new.
Spider-Aziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 11:20 PM   #53
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

I already finished watching the show and took long hand notes (for my podcast re-cap show, plug-plug) but I also did so to collect my thoughts on the individual episode threads. So while I know the season's ending what follows was written at the time so I didn't have to worry about spoilers. So...
We are really seeing with the Hand victims Matt found at The Farm along with the Hand themselves, some real mystical/horror elements being brought forth. This really is the "darkside" of the MCU world. I am still of the mind that the threads from season one of DD will lead to IRON FIST. I really want the person who was not identified that Stick was talking to about recruiting Matt, was Lei-Kung, the man that trained Iron Fist himself.

It's always good to see Rosario Dawson's Claire. I can only hope she is going to be used in some capacity in DEFENDERS, or at least as a NYC supporting character that connects many of the Netflix heroes. It's interesting that she is a relatively new person in Matt's life whom he can speak to things about stuff he can't to even Foggy, much less Karen. She has a point though about Matt. Matt, for all his good intentions and innate nobility... He's just bad news for so many people he gets involved with.

I think Reyes was never more humanized than in this episode... And then she was killed. Shades of LOST. I think it's safe to say at this time that the person who targeted her daughter and killed her was not Frank. What did he tell Karen? One shot, one kill? Yeah, that attack was strangely too sloppy for Frank.

On a side note... Does anyone think Frank has put two and two together about Matt's ID? I am hoping that perhaps he will.

I am really enjoying Karen becoming the "Ben Urich" of the show now and hope that stays as an aspect of the show going forward. It certainly at least gives her an excuse to be part of the action, not to mention the writing of her interactions with Ellison works, and is actually a reminder of Ben's impact on the show as a whole from last season. Was that the real reason to kill Ben last season? To make room for Karen to take that role? If so... It kinda works quite well, at least for me.

The Wilson/Matt confrontation was good for me but... Well I'll get to my reservation on that later, since it's not really all that big a deal, it just also goes hand in hand with another of my own personal nitpicks. Still, it was a great scene, with both the subtle and the explosive. Let's be clear, Vince is doing his fair share of scenery chewing, but it works. The scene had the hero showing his absolute doggedness in the face of the ever surmounting obstacles to justice and the villain that was defeated the previous season shows that he is far from finished. Wilson really is simply a driven thug, just one with huge ambitions and an incredibly savvy intellect. I am really hoping that Fisk's appearances this season is all about setting the table for his return in season three. I agree... Fisk may not know yet that DD and Matt are one and the same, but he's starting down that road to my mind.

Now as to that nitpick, and it is just a nitpick... This is a show of heightened reality, it's still in a world of the over the top Marvel heroes, but even so... I kind of wished that Fisk wasn't in TOTAL control of the prison. I can't quite put my finger on it but it's for some reason a bit much... Have him amass power inside. Make him a player, even the most important player inside the walls, but TOTAL control? It feels like too much for me. And this reminds me of another aspect of the show, the presentation of NYC as this wild west town with rampant crime, which I have to nitpick. Yes, there are indeed parts of the city that still suffer from terrible crime related violence, yes the various government agencies like the police and the public defenders office and the DA and on and on have difficulties dealing with the load they have to bear given the shear amount of people in the city's population. But still... Sometimes I feel like the show has gone too far in that area. Now... They do have to justify all the vigilante justice, that is inherent in the show's DNA.And they in a minor way touched upon that justification last season, citing the rebuilding of the city or parts thereof that were affected by the events of AVENGERS. So, they did put a little thought into that. I will still contend that it's coming off to me, as a native of the city, as a little tin eared, a bit false, especially considering the actual nature of Hell's Kitchen in Manhattan today. Again... Just a peeve of mine perhaps.

I am not sure what Stick's game is here at all. Why suddenly turn on Elektra? Was that a ruse on the Hand's part? Some third party? I was a bit out of nowhere, but... I trust the show at this point. An answer of some kind is coming I am sure. On to episode 11 then.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.

http://www.tobecontinuedafanboypodcast.com/TBC New Episode: A Short Tribute To Superherohype's Own Vartha, In The News and Defenders Spoiler Review.
KRYPTON INC. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 10:18 AM   #54
Warhorse
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post

On a side note... Does anyone think Frank has put two and two together about Matt's ID? I am hoping that perhaps he will.
I think so. I think he knew who Daredevil was the first time he chained him up to the wall. I also think it's one of the reasons why he changed his story, went all crazy and pleaded guilty on the stand. He respected DD and Karen and didn't want Fisk or the dirty cops digging around and exposing them for who they were.

Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote