Side-Kick

Default Re: Charlie Cox is Matt Murdock/Daredevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold Samurai View Post
Matt Murdock
Jyn Erso
Newt Scamander

All in one scene

haha yea i had just seen star wars and looked for another movie jyn erso was in...Didnt think I'd see Murdock too lol.

righthooksrus86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 11:06 PM   #452
Ghost_Rider
Banned User

The best part about Charlie Cox is he's an actor with big screen experience and potential.

Eventually, they could easily transition his DD to the big screen and he's talented enough to carry it on that level.

Ghost_Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 11:16 PM   #453
righthooksrus86
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost_Rider View Post
The best part about Charlie Cox is he's an actor with big screen experience and potential.

Eventually, they could easily transition his DD to the big screen and he's talented enough to carry it on that level.
Please please please let that happen, Punisher too. Even if it's just a cameo.

Old 01-03-2017, 11:31 PM   #454
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

As much as I wouldn't be opposed to that, I don't see it happening on a major scale, other than some brief cameos. Everything seems intent on keeping film and TV separate. And on another level, Feige's intent on keeping the PG-13 audience friendly tone.

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 03:39 AM   #455
zenith16
Side-Kick

Charlie Cox Weighs In On Whether DareDevil Would Fit In With The Avnegers

10 hours ago |Read more ...

Quote:

Marvel is really doing well on Netflix. The studio’s built a strong following for Krysten Ritter’s Jessica Jones, Charlie Cox’s Daredevil, and Mike Colter’s Luke Cage.
Now that a lot of excitement is building up over Netflix’s upcoming Marvel superhero team-up series The Defenders, hopes of crossovers between the MCU and the Marvel television universe heighten.
Speaking on the Film and Telly Stuff With Luke and Al radio show (via Heroic Hollywood), Cox is asked whether Matt Murdock would be able to fit right in with the Avengers. The Hollywood celebrity provides the radio show with a pretty realistic answer.
“Marvel TV and Marvel Studios are run by completely different people. But then again, Clark Gregg is in the Avengers so why not? Just for interest, I went back and read Civil War before the movie came out. Because a lot of people had asked me if I thought that based on tone and genre the DD show is in, could that co-exist in one of the Avenger movies. And I went back and had a look to see how the comics approached it and you know, DD can’t compete with those guys. He’s a street hero and he doesn’t have superpowers in the same way but his role as a device within Civil War is really effective and he maintains his character. So I think he could have worked so who knows. Maybe one day.”
Cox does make sense – Daredevil is more of a street hero who doesn’t have the same powers as the Avengers. Still, it would be great to see a small Daredevil cameo in Avengers: Infinity War, a few seconds would do a lot for fans.
Avengers: Infinity War is scheduled for release on May 4, 2018 while The Defenders releases on August 8, 2017.
source: http://epicstream.com/

zenith16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 04:25 PM   #456
righthooksrus86
Side-Kick

There's no doubt in my mind they can make that work...at least a cameo. I think it's so weak that the movies avoid acknowledging the shows. But it's okay I prefer the Netflix stuff anyway.

Old 04-07-2017, 01:25 PM   #457
carrrnuttt
Side-Kick

If Clint and Natasha can work with the Avengers, so can Matt.

Also, I find it funny that in the comics, Matt totally wipes the floor with Steve Rogers.

Not to mention Matt's 360-degree "vision" would be very helpful in a tactical scenario.

The biggest cause of trouble in the world today is that the stupid people are so sure about things and the intelligent folks are so full of doubts.
-- Bertrand Russell

Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.
-- Denis Diderot
carrrnuttt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 03:53 PM   #458
Matt Parker
Side-Kick

I think Charlie Cox is the unsung hero of the MCU actors. I feel like the guy isn't given enough credit. IMO, he's one of the best actors they have, and he is to DD what Downey is to Stark and Evans is to Cap. Am I alone in feeling this way?

Matt Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 03:59 PM   #459
Random490
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrrnuttt View Post

Also, I find it funny that in the comics, Matt totally wipes the floor with Steve Rogers.

Not to mention Matt's 360-degree "vision" would be very helpful in a tactical scenario.
Definitely, he may not be a heavy hitter in the group but he can contribute and have awesome scene just the same. The real thing is that the Avengers are out of his element in context. He's not the one who goes up against aliens, his realm is fighting street crime. Taking him out of that element may be interesting but there's also risk of him feeling tonally out of place. I'd like to think that when DD has a final season Cox would reprise his role in future avengers films.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Parker View Post
I think Charlie Cox is the unsung hero of the MCU actors. I feel like the guy isn't given enough credit. IMO, he's one of the best actors they have, and he is to DD what Downey is to Stark and Evans is to Cap. Am I alone in feeling this way?
I'm on board with that.

Random490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 06:31 PM   #460
righthooksrus86
Side-Kick

Quote:
Nope, Im right there with you...Charlie Cox is just as great as Robery Downey Jr, Chris Evans, Christian Bale, and Hugh Jackman. Sadly since DD is on Netflix and those other actors are on the big screen, Charlie probably wont get the credit he deserves. Charlie Cox and Jon Bernthal are a couple of the best marvel character performances I've ever seen.

Old 04-07-2017, 08:56 PM   #461
Matt Parker
Side-Kick

Glad I'm not alone.

Matt Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 04:31 AM   #462
zenith16
Side-Kick

Quote:
Glad I'm not alone.
you were alone onthis from the jump. it
's just I'm at work and I kinda busy in opther parts of the forum when I'm online

Old 04-08-2017, 01:12 PM   #463
metaphysician
Not a Side-Kick

Quote:
Both bring far more to the table than Matt. For starters, they both have the skillset of an international superspy, and the equipment set to match. Much more useful than Matt's "halfway decent lawyer + ninja" package. Supersenses are nice, but competency is better.

Quote:
One, that is a fairly recent thing. It was only in the past ten years or so that the writers decided Matt somehow actually achieved chi-enhanced martial arts mastery.

Two, its 100% irrelevant to the movies, where Matt is, what he is, and Steve is something vastly beyond that.

Quote:
The various people with high tech sensor rigs say "Hi". Pretty much every Avengers team has a couple of them.

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 03:55 PM   #464
carrrnuttt
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
One, that is a fairly recent thing. It was only in the past ten years or so that the writers decided Matt somehow actually achieved chi-enhanced martial arts mastery.
I'm not getting into the rest of your "young child seeks to defend its favorite toys" argument, but I'd like to point out that Matt has been an explicit bullet-timer (as in: "dodge this high-speed sniper bullet as I feel it at the back of my neck-timer"), and was flipping limos and using a loaded barbell (with what looks to be around 350lbs of total weight) as a bo staff since well before the past decade:

In the meantime, with the exception of Ultimate Cap, 616 Captain America has always been a CBPH (Comic Book Peak Human - e.g., Batman-level). All his serum did for him in the main comics is give him Olympian+ level speed, strength and endurance. It didn't make him a superhuman like it did with MCU Cap.

So to bottomline it, comic Cap is too slow, and too weak against comic Matt.

And no, don't bother posting scans of DD vs CA fights, since we know the winners of those is usually based on who the writer or plot deems needs to win (Plot Induced Stupidity). I'm basing what I'm saying on presented feats of the two FICTIONAL characters in question.

The biggest cause of trouble in the world today is that the stupid people are so sure about things and the intelligent folks are so full of doubts.
-- Bertrand Russell

Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.
-- Denis Diderot
Old 04-09-2017, 11:40 AM   #465
metaphysician
Not a Side-Kick

I'm not totally sure why you are even posting, since I've primarily been talking about the MCU versions of the characters, but. . .

Bluntly, until the late 90s, Daredevil was not portrayed as "bullet time". He was portrayed as "has enhanced senses that let him precisely time his blocks and parries". The scenes where he blocks a bullet with the billy club are always framed as "seeing the angle the gun is aimed exactly, hearing the heartbeat to judge exactly when the guy is about to fire". That's impressive, but nowhere near "bullets and bracers" type stuff. Likewise, swinging a barbell as a weapon is nice, but its nothing that other CBPHs do all the time.

I've never contested that the writers *eventually* decided to upgrade Daredevil, with stuff like flipping a limo and much more explicit bullet timing. I just note that this is, in fact, a change from how he was consistently portrayed for the first 20-25 years of his existence. A change that IMO goes poorly with the character, but a change that nonetheless happened.

( And none of this has the *slightest* to do with the MCU versions. )

Old 04-09-2017, 01:14 PM   #466
Kelly
#RESIST
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
I'm not getting into the rest of your "young child seeks to defend its favorite toys" argument, but I'd like to point out that Matt has been an explicit bullet-timer (as in: "dodge this high-speed sniper bullet as I feel it at the back of my neck-timer"), and was flipping limos and using a loaded barbell (with what looks to be around 350lbs of total weight) as a bo staff since well before the past decade:

In the meantime, with the exception of Ultimate Cap, 616 Captain America has always been a CBPH (Comic Book Peak Human - e.g., Batman-level). All his serum did for him in the main comics is give him Olympian+ level speed, strength and endurance. It didn't make him a superhuman like it did with MCU Cap.

So to bottomline it, comic Cap is too slow, and too weak against comic Matt.

And no, don't bother posting scans of DD vs CA fights, since we know the winners of those is usually based on who the writer or plot deems needs to win (Plot Induced Stupidity). I'm basing what I'm saying on presented feats of the two FICTIONAL characters in question.
The best way to stay out of an argument you see as unnecessary is to simply stay quiet and not insult fellow posters. Next time let's try that kind of approach.

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase.
~Martin Luther King Jr.~
Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 01:04 PM   #467
carrrnuttt
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly View Post
The best way to stay out of an argument you see as unnecessary is to simply stay quiet and not insult fellow posters. Next time let's try that kind of approach.
Where did I insult him?

I described the argument type he seemed to be having. If that's an insult to him, then maybe he should heed your advice as well?

Because I saw no purpose of his rebuttal to my throwaway statements about Daredevil's competency in a Daredevil thread other than what I stated.

It's a writer-driven genre. If the writers want to portray Matt as being capable of hanging with the Avengers, they can, and there's enough there to feed on for those purposes as I pointed out and was agreed on by other posters. For you to argue otherwise (and the way it was argued) is to simply show that you have a favorite toy that you don't want diluted/shown up/assessed against by another toy you don't favor.

Even then, I didn't argue with the rest of his competency "toy" arguments. I simply corrected an incorrect statement he made about the comic book versions.

-- Bertrand Russell

-- Denis Diderot
Old 04-10-2017, 02:46 PM   #468
metaphysician
Not a Side-Kick

A writer is free to make whatever terrible writing decisions they wish to make. This doesn't change them being terrible. You can draw a page with the Hulk getting choked out by a normal boa constrictor, it doesn't magically make the Hulk vulnerable to snakes. It just means your a hack writer who didn't think things through.

Old 08-08-2017, 06:22 PM   #469
zenith16
Side-Kick

DAREDEVIL Actor Charlie Cox Wants Scarlett Johansson's BLACK WIDOW To Appear On The Marvel Netflix Shows 15 hour ago

Charlie Cox Would Like To See A Marvel's Daredevil/Black Widow Team-Up

also from the better viewed Epic streams

Charlie Cox Wants Scarlett Johannson’s Black Widow As Daredevil’s ..
7 hours ago |Marvel fans aren’t the only ones hoping to see crossovers between the Marvel Cinematic Universe and the world built by Marvel TV. With the third season of…Read more

source : CBM.com & Epicstream

Old 08-08-2017, 06:57 PM   #470
Nathan_Koren
Mandalorian/Force Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenith16 View Post

DAREDEVIL Actor Charlie Cox Wants Scarlett Johansson's BLACK WIDOW To Appear On The Marvel Netflix Shows 15 hour ago

Charlie Cox Would Like To See A Marvel's Daredevil/Black Widow Team-Up

also from the better viewed Epic streams

Charlie Cox Wants Scarlett Johannson’s Black Widow As Daredevil’s ..
7 hours ago |Marvel fans aren’t the only ones hoping to see crossovers between the Marvel Cinematic Universe and the world built by Marvel TV. With the third season of…Read more

source : CBM.com & Epicstream

I'll be so down for that considering their history in the comics. Add hawkeye...boom! It has potential unless they bring DD into the MCU...i mean...how can it not work?

Nathan_Koren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 08:40 PM   #471
KevTravels
Side-Kick

She is way too expensive. Probably would want no less than 250 K to guest star. Maybe even one million.

KevTravels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 08:44 PM   #472
Nathan_Koren
Mandalorian/Force Adept

It would be better just to add DD instead. That could solve the expense of adding SJ to the show. I'd like to see Charlie's DD part of the MCU. Anyone else?

Old 08-09-2017, 12:47 AM   #473
zenith16
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan_Koren View Post
It would be better just to add DD instead. That could solve the expense of adding SJ to the show. I'd like to see Charlie's DD part of the MCU. Anyone else?
hmm, I'm down for her and him meeting up.

but that also up to her and what she says. after all, Samuel L Jackson showed up on agents of shield. and the rating will go up if she shows up so she may see that money truth be told no one should speak for her. she can speak for her self. she may be willing to take a pay cut or has a different lower price for a tv that's reasonable. Again only she should speak for her self or her management.

Also, I like to see him inter act with hawkeye (he's married with his own family so there isn't much gonna happen there) or captain America
Seeing that DD is the MCUbat man as I like to call him and he's always been that way in the comic's him and hawk eye meeting will a variation of batman and green arrow meeting on screen . and captain America and DD would be like batman meeting the original DC guardian.

and he does have a history with her and captain America in the books. so I'd like to see it. .I like to actually see him meet winter soldier too. since both DD and WS are only in DC history to have been able to catch or turn back cap's shield when he tossed it at them. and to have had a thing with black widow dating and in bed.

Yeah, the movie version of winter soldier has done that with widow yet. but it can become a thing later.

Last edited by zenith16; 08-09-2017 at 12:58 AM.
Old 08-09-2017, 09:40 AM   #474
Nathan_Koren
Mandalorian/Force Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenith16 View Post
hmm, I'm down for her and him meeting up.

but that also up to her and what she says. after all, Samuel L Jackson showed up on agents of shield. and the rating will go up if she shows up so she may see that money truth be told no one should speak for her. she can speak for her self. she may be willing to take a pay cut or has a different lower price for a tv that's reasonable. Again only she should speak for her self or her management.

Also, I like to see him inter act with hawkeye (he's married with his own family so there isn't much gonna happen there) or captain America
Seeing that DD is the MCUbat man as I like to call him and he's always been that way in the comic's him and hawk eye meeting will a variation of batman and green arrow meeting on screen . and captain America and DD would be like batman meeting the original DC guardian.

and he does have a history with her and captain America in the books. so I'd like to see it. .I like to actually see him meet winter soldier too. since both DD and WS are only in DC history to have been able to catch or turn back cap's shield when he tossed it at them. and to have had a thing with black widow dating and in bed.

Yeah, the movie version of winter soldier has done that with widow yet. but it can become a thing later.

Well said. I still would like to see Nat and Bucky together at some point if things go ill with her and Matt. If that happens lol.

Old 08-09-2017, 05:19 PM   #475
zenith16
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan_Koren View Post
Well said. I still would like to see Nat and Bucky together at some point if things go ill with her and Matt. If that happens lol.
Hmm, if we're talking about dating relation ship wise the writers will do what they want. You and I are just talking., But it's very likely they will never have her in a relationship with bucky/winter soldier. cause some people like to be weirdly stubborn and don't want to do that at all. cause it about wants with them.

in that case, I'm more interested with DD meeting any of them. I'm also thinking to some level at some point where they'd want to progress the movie characters or explore them and the movies won't be enough with the time between them . A
And tv might be the go to venu in the case of fleshing out the Black widow. if she never gets a solo movie series or if she does but for some reason it dies like certain movie series do or just doesn't go too far sequel wise. Tv might be the best venue for a character like her.

Last edited by zenith16; 08-11-2017 at 05:56 AM.