The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Daredevil

Old 04-02-2017, 07:45 PM   #1
Dasher10
I'm like Deadpool IRL

Default Bullseye, Bullet, Echo and Typhoid Casting Thread

Assuming that Kingpin is the big bad for Season 3, it only makes sense for him to get a new team of henchmen. With Gao now on her own and Owl, Wesley, Nobu and the Russians all dead, it makes sense for there to be some new villains on team Kingpin.

Bullet is easy casting since he'll hopefully be John Goodman.

Typhoid I think should be Genesis Rodriguez, Demi Lovato, Eiza Gonzalez or possible Jessica Alba if the latter can be gotten for a cheap price.

Echo I feel should be Bella Thorne since she should be somebody who's very young. If Bella is unavailable, then I'd like to see an unknown since Echo being younger than everyone else is important.

Bullseye is a bit of a harder casting choice. Nobody jumps out at me. I'd be fine with a stunt actor in the role so long as he can play somebody who's true, pure evil with a terrifying stage presence. I really feel like Bullseye needs to be somebody unknown in a star making role.

I think I'd put out a casting call like this

(fake name 1) 60s, white male, recurring- An aging assassin and single father close to retirement who wants to take one last job before exiting.

(fake name 2) 25-35, Hispanic female, main cast - An artist from the Bronx who has a hidden dark side.

(fake name 3) 18-24, Hispanic female, recurring - A young deaf woman led down the wrong path by the lies of others. Must know American sign language.

(fake name 4) 30s, male of any race, main cast - A sardonic, sadistic and dangerous bully. Enjoys inflicting pain on others and lacks anything resembling a conscience. Must be capable of doing own stunts. Prior stunt experience required.

Last edited by Dasher10; 04-03-2017 at 02:35 PM.
Dasher10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 01:34 PM   #2
pixen
Side-Kick

Default Re: Bullseye, Bullet, Echo and Typhoid Casting Thread

Your choices for Typhoid Mary are all too on the nose. I don't need a Disney c list actress playing her. Bring on someone like Elizabeth Moss.

As for Bullseye, there are some obvious choices like Steven Ogg. But I'm not sure they'll go that route. Hopefully it's that sort of look though and not the Colin Farrell kind.

I also think Echo wouldn't add much to the series. If she's coming as a love interest, Elektra was that in season 2 and Matt could still be grieving over her. Also bringing in Typhoid could also be a love interest for Matt as that's how's her role began in the original comics.

Last edited by pixen; 04-04-2017 at 03:06 AM.
pixen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 02:37 PM   #3
Dasher10
I'm like Deadpool IRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixen View Post
Your choices for Typhoid Mary are all too on the nose. I don't need a Disney c list actress playing her. Bring on someone like Elizabeth Moss.

As for Bullseye, there are some obvious choices like Steven Ogg. But I'm not sure they'll go that route. Hopefully it's that sort of look though and not the Colin Farrell kind.

I also think Exhho wouldn't add much to the series. If she's coming as a love interest, Elektra was that in season 2 and Matt could still be grieving over her. Also bringing in Typhoid could also be a love interest for Matt as that's how's her role began in the original comics.
Eiza Gonzalez is actually best known for From Dusk Till Dawn the series. She's a C-lister but she's really good at what she does and could make Typhoid really badass but at the same time really creepy. I get that it's on the nose since it's a really similar role and that was El Rey, not Disney. And Demo Lovato is the only one who was involved with the Disney Channel. I also don't feel like Elizabeth Moss has the right look for Typhoid.

Old 04-03-2017, 03:33 PM   #4
David H.
Side-Kick

Ben Foster as Bullseye!

Moss would'a been a good Karen Paige but Typhoid Mary?

Eh...

How about Ivana Miličević?

David H. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 11:23 PM   #5
pixen
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher10 View Post
Eiza Gonzalez is actually best known for From Dusk Till Dawn the series. She's a C-lister but she's really good at what she does and could make Typhoid really badass but at the same time really creepy. I get that it's on the nose since it's a really similar role and that was El Rey, not Disney. And Demo Lovato is the only one who was involved with the Disney Channel. I also don't feel like Elizabeth Moss has the right look for Typhoid.
That's the one person you mentioned that "Could" play her. As for Moss, she isn't the traditional beauty but she has the right vibe for the character and can act, unlike a lot of the examples you tossed out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David H. View Post

How about Ivana Miličević?

Not bad but fanboys tend to cast female characters with just the attractiveness of the actress and not the acting chops. Though she can act too.

Last edited by pixen; 04-03-2017 at 11:26 PM.
Old 04-04-2017, 01:35 AM   #6
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Who... Who casts Jessica Alba for anything that requires acting? Sorry to be harsh but... Well I posted it and I'm not taking it back.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.

http://www.tobecontinuedafanboypodcast.com/ AVAILABLE ON ITUNES. New Episode: SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING SPOILER REVIEW DISCUSSION .
KRYPTON INC. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 05:30 AM   #7
BatsDC
Side-Kicker

Hey, this thread reminds me, I haven't made a Steven Ogg for Bullseye post in a while.

So, Steven Ogg for Bullseye.

BatsDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 12:44 PM   #8
Whatupman
Side-Kick

How about Jonathan Tucker from The Black Donellys, Kingdom, Justified and Hannibal for Bullseye? Amazing actor.

Old 04-04-2017, 03:15 PM   #9
David H.
Side-Kick

^ i like that pick. Funnily enough, I've campaigned Tucker for Zsasz in Batman.

David H. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 10:23 PM   #10
cryptic name
No Limits

I'll never stop rooting for Walton Goggins for Bullseye.

I believe in Batfleck
cryptic name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 11:48 PM   #11
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

We need bullseye, and he needs to wear a costume.

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 10:22 PM   #12
cryptic name
No Limits

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
We need bullseye, and he needs to wear a costume.
F****n A

I believe in Batfleck
cryptic name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 11:16 AM   #13
aNarcHy2day
Screw You Mayans!

Considering they were reportedly looking at Statham for the second season- a choice I really liked, I'd think when they eventually cast him, it's going to be someone a bit more high profile.

My choice has always been Walton Goggins, so ya, him.

aNarcHy2day is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 11:55 AM   #14
Random490
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
Who... Who casts Jessica Alba for anything that requires acting? Sorry to be harsh but... Well I posted it and I'm not taking it back.
I always felt like Albe could have been a great actress had she had they right role, the right director, and more far more effort into it. I also think she could excel at a role that has more edge to it. However you don't need to apologize, where she fails at acting she more than made up for it in business, she did co-found a billion dollar company. Not a bad fallback job.

Random490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 08:28 PM   #15
pixen
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNarcHy2day View Post
Considering they were reportedly looking at Statham for the second season- a choice I really liked, I'd think when they eventually cast him, it's going to be someone a bit more high profile.

Statham was just websites making casting news up. They had no reason to be looking at him because Bullseye was never going to show up.

Old 04-15-2017, 10:38 PM   #16
aNarcHy2day
Screw You Mayans!

Quote:
Statham was just websites making casting news up. They had no reason to be looking at him because Bullseye was never going to show up.
They could have always tweaked the story around so they could still have been considering him in the early stages. It wasn't proved definitely either way, I think.

Anyway, my point being I think there will be someone more high profile in the role.

Old 04-16-2017, 12:19 AM   #17
pixen
Side-Kick

Quote:
They could have always tweaked the story around so they could still have been considering him in the early stages. It wasn't proved definitely either way, I think.

Anyway, my point being I think there will be someone more high profile in the role.
Nope. They wouldn't waste money or time trying to cast someone when they wouldn't show up in the season. Like all the other people they have cast, they won't go for the obvious high profile person for the job.

Old 04-16-2017, 02:57 AM   #18
aNarcHy2day
Screw You Mayans!

Quote:
Nope. They wouldn't waste money or time trying to cast someone when they wouldn't show up in the season. Like all the other people they have cast, they won't go for the obvious high profile person for the job.
I guess you missed what I said- they could easily have tweaked the script when they didn't get who they wanted. Also where did you get the impression they don't cast high profile people for essential roles? Vincent D'Oforio? Jon Bernthal? David Tennant?

Old 04-16-2017, 01:32 PM   #19
pixen
Side-Kick

Quote:
I guess you missed what I said- they could easily have tweaked the script when they didn't get who they wanted. Also where did you get the impression they don't cast high profile people for essential roles? Vincent D'Oforio? Jon Bernthal? David Tennant?
I didn't miss it. They don't just cut a character like that. The season was packed enough and he had no reason to be in the scripts. This was just pure online bs/fodder where someone puts out a name for a character connected to Daredevil and it gets traction. It wasn't true and it wasn't going to happen.

As for those names, they are big names but they aren't of the same vein as Statham.

Old 04-16-2017, 02:27 PM   #20
chamber-music
Infinity Ammo

Statham has repeatedly said superhero stuff isn't his thing and he would only do one if he was paid a lot of money. The rumors were most likely made up.

Old 05-23-2017, 07:45 PM   #21
Dasher10
I'm like Deadpool IRL

When it comes time for Ikari to appear, does anyone else like the idea of Hideo Itami in the roll? WWE wrestler and former kickboxer.

Old 05-25-2017, 11:30 AM   #22
KevTravels
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatupman View Post
How about Jonathan Tucker from The Black Donellys, Kingdom, Justified and Hannibal for Bullseye? Amazing actor.

Yes Yes Yes! He fits the age. I believe he's 33. He's a good actor and won't break the bank. A lot of previously considered names would be too Big to do a villain role on the show.

Though Walton Goggins is also 1 heck of an option.

KevTravels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 11:36 AM   #23
KevTravels
Side-Kick

I would have thought Dan Stevens but he might also be a bit too famous now for the role.

KevTravels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 12:05 PM   #24
MilkmanDan
Side-Kick

I like the Jonathan Tucker suggestion. However, my pick would be Chris Coy (Treme, Walking Dead, Banshee).

MilkmanDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 10:02 PM   #25
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Quote:

That rumor was fake news.

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote