The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Daredevil

Old 02-01-2016, 08:27 AM   #26
ernesth100
Spidey-Hog

Default Re: Daredevil, Civil War, and the Sokovia Accords

Daredevil is probably on the got damn news somehwere. You dont run around one of the most famous cities stop and Crime Lord. Make the damn news with your own supername and not get recognized somehow. Be it before or after CW. Theres probably gonna be some sort of tie in

#DesignedByTonyStark
ernesth100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 05:45 PM   #27
BatsDC
Side-Kicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norek View Post
Hawkeye and Black Widow are not enhanced (even less than DD) and yet the Accords affect them too.
Although they are Avengers. The Accords are largely going to be concerned with the control of the team from what we know, which explains why they're affected.

BatsDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 06:29 PM   #28
Norek
Yvonne Strahotski <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatsDC View Post
Although they are Avengers. The Accords are largely going to be concerned with the control of the team from what we know, which explains why they're affected.
What about Ant-Man then? He's not an Avenger (not yet at least), and neither is Black Panther. None of them were present during the attack on Sokovia.

"Films are worth seeing period, even the bad ones." - Blue Sugar
Norek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 07:03 PM   #29
ernesth100
Spidey-Hog

Y'know I guess we'll have to wait and see what effect CW has on the MCU as a whole. But it's bound to be a big one.

#DesignedByTonyStark
Old 02-01-2016, 07:35 PM   #30
BatsDC
Side-Kicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norek View Post
What about Ant-Man then? He's not an Avenger (not yet at least), and neither is Black Panther. None of them were present during the attack on Sokovia.
From the sounds of it Cap & Co. recruit him, same as I imagine happens to Spider-Man. The main conflict will be centered around the team

BatsDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 07:48 PM   #31
Mike Murdock
Side-Kick

Yeah, it sounds like Ant-Man was brought in as an ally to Cap and isn't technically subject to the act. Black Panther has consistently been described as having his own agenda. Regardless, there's no way T'Challa would be subjected to government control. He's a monarch of a foreign nation.

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
Mike Murdock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 07:54 PM   #32
ernesth100
Spidey-Hog

T'Challa has diplomatic immunity.

#DesignedByTonyStark
Old 02-02-2016, 04:21 AM   #33
Ghostcrow13
Side-Kick

Scene description from a set visit suggests T'Challa is apart of the control, he is seen walking alongside Freeman's character, and walking away with Tony and Widow. Whilst he may have his own agenda, he certainly seems from the outside to be pro accords.

Frankly the only thing I think we might get in this is a newspaper article, background news show reporting growing concern about lack of supervision of heroes.

DD is a vigilante and there were always concerns over him and his role, I don't think the accords change anything in regards to him.

1) Captain America: Civil War 2) The Avengers 3) The Dark Knight 4) Captain America: The Winter Soldier 5) Logan 6) Iron Man 7) Batman Begins 8) X-men 2 9) Spiderman 2 10) Superman
Ghostcrow13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 06:44 AM   #34
Mike Murdock
Side-Kick

I don't necessarily think comments about the lack of supervision has to be in the background. Daredevil is a vigilante that operates in the shadows wearing a mask. I wouldn't be opposed to that being a major theme.

Old 02-02-2016, 06:55 AM   #35
Ghostcrow13
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Murdock View Post
I don't necessarily think comments about the lack of supervision has to be in the background. Daredevil is a vigilante that operates in the shadows wearing a mask. I wouldn't be opposed to that being a major theme.
Exactly he is already breaking the law without the accords, he literally breaks peoples bones.

I'm not saying a major them can't be 'is vigilantism right or wrong' which was in S1 anyway, but to me that is different to supervision of the Avengers.

1) Captain America: Civil War 2) The Avengers 3) The Dark Knight 4) Captain America: The Winter Soldier 5) Logan 6) Iron Man 7) Batman Begins 8) X-men 2 9) Spiderman 2 10) Superman
Ghostcrow13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 08:21 PM   #36
metaphysician
Not a Side-Kick

I seriously doubt it will be a big issue. From the information yet released, the Sokovia Accords are really focused on superhumans with the potential for globally important actions and consequences. This doesn't just mean "the Avengers", but it does mean there's going to be a ton of people for whom its just not practically relevant. Daredevil is going to be one of those guys; international enforcement mechanisms aren't going to care about a guy beating up street criminals in one city with seemingly nothing more than martial arts. The Accords are about trying to prevent the next Sokovia, and having people with the power to destroy cities be accountable to someone beyond themselves.

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 02:41 PM   #37
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Hawkeye and Black Widow aren't superhumans though.

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 06:30 PM   #38
ernesth100
Spidey-Hog

Regardless I'd still like a reference to Civil War somewhere in DD or one of the Netflix shows.

#DesignedByTonyStark
Old 02-06-2016, 10:24 AM   #39
metaphysician
Not a Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
Hawkeye and Black Widow aren't superhumans though.
They are, nonetheless, superheroes with global influence and global consequences. Either of them has the skill that they could theoretically, say. . . bust into the UN building and take hostage the Security Council representatives. More importantly, they have the skill and demonstrated intent to show up and *stop* just such a hostage-taking, which would be what global powers are concerned about, vis a vis "Can you actually succeed at it" and "What are the costs of your plan".

Matt Murdoch, by contrast, is a guy fighting crime in one city. His abilities and intents show no sign of being globally relevant.

Old 02-06-2016, 10:50 AM   #40
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
They are, nonetheless, superheroes with global influence and global consequences. Either of them has the skill that they could theoretically, say. . . bust into the UN building and take hostage the Security Council representatives. More importantly, they have the skill and demonstrated intent to show up and *stop* just such a hostage-taking, which would be what global powers are concerned about, vis a vis "Can you actually succeed at it" and "What are the costs of your plan".

Matt Murdoch, by contrast, is a guy fighting crime in one city. His abilities and intents show no sign of being globally relevant.
Daredevil has more if not higher skill levels.

- CM Punk
Old 02-06-2016, 10:56 AM   #41
metaphysician
Not a Side-Kick

Quote:
Daredevil has more if not higher skill levels.
Not really. We've seen how much effort he has to put into fighting ordinary criminals and cops. We see how much effort Natasha or Clint need to exert to fight actual soldiers, robots, or aliens. They are just as good if not better.

And this is still irrelevant, because its says nothing about intent. The Devil of Hell's Kitchen has shown not the slightest public sign of being globally relevant.

Old 02-06-2016, 12:42 PM   #42
ernesth100
Spidey-Hog

But, come on, we can all agree it'd ve nice to see a reference to DD in CW. Or a reference to Civil War in one of the Netflix shows after its release.

#DesignedByTonyStark
Old 02-06-2016, 04:10 PM   #43
Mike Murdock
Side-Kick

I'd love to see greater interconnectivity, but not at the expense of either plot or if it creates the sense of the TV show just tagging along for the ride.

Old 02-06-2016, 04:34 PM   #44
ernesth100
Spidey-Hog

Well yeah. But Im sure they could work it in in a way that feels beneficial to both sides. Im keeping my hopes high.

#DesignedByTonyStark
Old 02-06-2016, 05:06 PM   #45
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernesth100 View Post
But, come on, we can all agree it'd ve nice to see a reference to DD in CW. Or a reference to Civil War in one of the Netflix shows after its release.
It doesn't have to big. Some sort of tidbit here or there would nice.

Quote:
Not really. We've seen how much effort he has to put into fighting ordinary criminals and cops. We see how much effort Natasha or Clint need to exert to fight actual soldiers, robots, or aliens. They are just as good if not better.

And this is still irrelevant, because its says nothing about intent. The Devil of Hell's Kitchen has shown not the slightest public sign of being globally relevant.
That's because Daredevil is trying to avoid killing them. Hawkeye and Black Widow both would've been torn to shreds if they were forced to fight Nobu. Nobu would have probably hunted Hawkeye's family for sport to psychologically damage him and enrage him, making him ill equipped for a full-on fight.

- CM Punk
Old 02-06-2016, 05:46 PM   #46
ernesth100
Spidey-Hog

Quote:
It doesn't have to big. Some sort of tidbit here or there would nice.
Exactly like this. Just a quick name drop.

"We tried to get the Devil but he said no." or "There was a vigilante named in Hells Kitchen we were thinking about." in CW

or if they wanna do it from the Netflix side.

"Luckily you weren't affected by the Accords." or "I had second thoughts on being a hero after hearing about what the Accords did to the Avengers." from one of the Defenders or something.

Just something small and satisfactory.

#DesignedByTonyStark
Old 02-06-2016, 06:02 PM   #47
pixen
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernesth100 View Post
Exactly like this. Just a quick name drop.

"We tried to get the Devil but he said no." or "There was a vigilante named in Hells Kitchen we were thinking about." in CW

or if they wanna do it from the Netflix side.

"Luckily you weren't affected by the Accords." or "I had second thoughts on being a hero after hearing about what the Accords did to the Avengers." from one of the Defenders or something.

Just something small and satisfactory.
Daredevil is coming out before it so I don't see them mentioning it in his series at all.

As for him getting mentioned in the movie, I wouldn't hold my breath.

pixen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 10:03 PM   #48
ernesth100
Spidey-Hog

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixen View Post
Daredevil is coming out before it so I don't see them mentioning it in his series at all.

As for him getting mentioned in the movie, I wouldn't hold my breath.
Eh, thanks for the advice. But imma hold my breath. It I die so be it, such is the fate of those with limitless hope.

And if it isn't mentioned in CW or if CW doesn't mention DD. They BETTER have the Netflix heroes referenced or cameo in IW. Or have them reference IW on Netflix series.. Because Thanos is something even Netflix can't ignore. Just like they referenced Avengers in DD S1.

#DesignedByTonyStark

Last edited by ernesth100; 02-06-2016 at 10:08 PM.
Old 02-08-2016, 05:40 AM   #49
Norek
Yvonne Strahotski <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post

It's Matt Murdock* Sorry but it just irritates me so much when people keep spelling that name wrong, it's a pet peeve and I can't help it.

And I think your post makes sense, but it's still just a lot of assumptions. We simply don't really know how the whole thing will play out - it doesn't necessarily mean that you need to be an individual that can only cause mass damage globally or something like that... I think it just applies globally, meaning that it'll be in effect across all countries.

And the comments about Clint or Natasha or whoever else going to the UN and taking hostages to kinda prove their status as people with global influence is a bit silly... Daredevil was accused of blowing up half of Hell's Kitchen, and he can EASILY do that, theoretically. Aside from the few people he interacts with, no one really knows what he's capable of, both actions and powers-wise. Same goes for Jessica Jones - and she's way more powerful and unpredictable than Clint, Natasha, Falcon, etc. She could EASILY mess some **** up on a massive scale. And people from the government responsible for control of enhanced individuals should not be okay with that...

"Films are worth seeing period, even the bad ones." - Blue Sugar
Norek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 11:57 AM   #50
ernesth100
Spidey-Hog

Jessica has superstrength and flight she's very dangerous. Luke Cage is near indestructible with superhuman strength if he wanted he could go on a Hulk like rampage and he'd probably be for the most part unstoppable. Iron Fist and DD while no MAJOR powers(outside of Iron Fists Iron Fist and DD's enhanced senses) can still cause a ruckus.

I mean imagine if they were found or hired by Hydra or another evil organization. They could be as dangerous as the WS. DD himself made it into the news. You'd think the government would wanna get people like that under control.

#DesignedByTonyStark