The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Daredevil

Old 02-08-2016, 03:47 PM   #51
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Default Re: Daredevil, Civil War, and the Sokovia Accords

Jessica Jones actually doesn't have flight. She can just jump high distances.

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 07:21 PM   #52
ernesth100
Spidey-Hog

My point still stands sorta.

#DesignedByTonyStark
ernesth100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 07:52 PM   #53
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Yeah I agree.

- CM Punk
Old 03-11-2016, 02:03 PM   #54
ZIPBAGS
Side-Kick

Sorry if this has been discussed. New to these threads. But, has anyone heard if Daredevil might appear in the next Avengers movie? I only ask since I heard they will be showcasing over 40 characters.

Thanks!

On a similar note. Would be nice if Agents of Shield made mention of Daredevil in their hunt for Inhumans.

ZIPBAGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 03:25 PM   #55
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

There were rumors of the Defenders popping up in Infinity War, but nothing conclusive.

My guess would be no since Marvel Film and Marvel TV generally like to keep things separate.

Like some minor and side characters do show up in the TV shows from time to time but nothing major. And the movies generally never acknowledge the TV shows either.

I mean it would be neat if it gives some of those characters a little cameo, like they get some reaction shots to a cataclysm or something.

For example, in a big crossover or the Infinity Gauntlet comic event, they would show different parts of the Marvel Universe and how different characters are reacting to different events before they come together. Or you would see how some of the characters in different areas of the Marvel Universe are disappearing due to Thanos' meddling with the Infinity Gauntlet.

- CM Punk
Old 03-12-2016, 08:29 PM   #56
just one thing
Side-Kick

fury watching him from a distance would be nice.

AOS not mentioning the events in jessica jones was just wrong.

just one thing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 10:36 AM   #57
Best
Side-Kicker

It'll be disappointing if we don't hear anything about him in CW considering his actions and overall image as a vigilante are way more defined as, yeah, a vigilante than a lot of the characters in CW/the main films (Hawkeye, Widow, etc.), who are being given much more attention as "risks" in the world of the MCU than they should. Or at least as much as DD should be getting considering the noise he makes alone/without the Avengers behind his back to make him look bigger and more dangerous than he is.

Best is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 10:38 AM   #58
Best
Side-Kicker

Because yes I suppose those like Hawkeye & Widow would receive more attention in that world due to mere association with the main players and movie events, but that's it.

Best is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 09:50 PM   #59
Random490
Side-Kick

Well they are both highly skilled individuals making use of highly advance technology as a part of a private international militarize, pseudo police force that has no real legal authority to operate anywhere and have been involved in major destructive events. They're just a slightly larger concern for the international communities than a vigilante beating up criminals in one neighborhood of manhattan.

Random490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 09:54 AM   #60
Overman27pj
Side-Kick

I think the accords will be more of a UN thing... about operating across borders. I don't think they worry about the local nut as much...

Overman27pj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 01:43 PM   #61
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overman27pj View Post
I think the accords will be more of a UN thing... about operating across borders. I don't think they worry about the local nut as much...
BUMP because of AOS!

Nope!

Per Agents of SHIELD, the Accords "provide a framework for the registration and monitoring of all enhanced individuals." So maybe it just starts about Avengers, but characters like the Defenders can't realistically avoid this forever because they are enhanced and they are doing battle in New York.

- CM Punk
Old 05-11-2016, 01:56 PM   #62
metaphysician
Not a Side-Kick

Which is in direct contradiction to what the movie Civil War said and showed about the exact same Accords.

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 02:04 PM   #63
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

I wouldn't say it's in direct contradiction. I think it just shows it more immediately deals with the Avengers and their global activation, but more specifically is the building blocks for registering enhanced people. So as a framework they will down the line be looking at other enhanced civilians.

- CM Punk
Old 05-11-2016, 02:40 PM   #64
metaphysician
Not a Side-Kick

You could, but then you'd be inventing something that is not even hinted at in the movie, nor relates particularly to the themes and worries the movie dealt with.

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 04:09 PM   #65
Random490
Side-Kick

Well Civil War and AoS seems to have more emphasis on the deployment of enhanced individuals. Not necessarily hunting down all and every potential super humans. But provides the frame work to create a registration that doesn't sound all that different from The Index. As long as the Defenders keeps their heads down and don't do anything to attract too much attention then it probably won't effect them. Plus there's already laws that apply to them.

Daredevil and Punisher are vigilantes operating outside of the law and as such are being pursued by the law enforcement. Jessica Jones is a licensed Private Investigator so there are already sets of laws on what she can and cannot do. And without knowing what happens in Luke Cage and Iron Fist as long as they don't do anything big in the public eye. If they open Heroes for Hire, then like Jessica Jones, they would be subject to the same laws as any other body guard/security company. None of these guys are being deployed across borders without governments' consent.

Really the Accords are a way making Avengers a legitimate international law enforcement agency. SHIELD, being an unofficial espionage agency, may not have to abide to the law (since they are already operating outside of it) But if they wish to be recognize as legitimate as they once were, they would have to comply with the accords. And if it's found out that the President of America is allowing SHIELD to operate with the ATCU as a front, well the **** will hit the fan for him and the international communities would be pissed as he would be violating the Accords.

But the tensions that created the Accords should be trouble for them.

Old 05-11-2016, 06:20 PM   #66
Mike Murdock
Side-Kick

Yeah, it was clearly about the use of enhanced individuals more than anything else. That being said, I thought there was some ambiguity with Agents of SHIELD whether the Sakovia Accords specifically included all registration or just the inspiration for these acts too.

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
Mike Murdock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 06:57 PM   #67
BatsDC
Side-Kicker

The Accords were literally about having a UN body that controlled the Avengers

Sure, SHIELD can imply that now there's a desire for tighter regulation on all super humans, but let's be honest... It'll never factor into these shows. They've changed canon to stay relevant, not because that was the intended use of the accords

BatsDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 08:48 PM   #68
ernesth100
Spidey-Hog

Well since the Accords are still active. There is a chance they might extend the Accords to effect the Defenders when they get active.

#DesignedByTonyStark
Old 05-11-2016, 09:09 PM   #69
FataLethal
Side-Kick

You know, when Captain mentioned getting a lawyer when he was being taunted by Martin Freeman's character, I immediately thought of DD. If only...

FataLethal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 11:58 PM   #70
Random490
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatsDC View Post
The Accords were literally about having a UN body that controlled the Avengers

Sure, SHIELD can imply that now there's a desire for tighter regulation on all super humans, but let's be honest... It'll never factor into these shows. They've changed canon to stay relevant, not because that was the intended use of the accords
They probably also includes other governmental uses outside of the Avengers in the Accords. Though I don't know if that means just for international cases, then each country can have their own specific rules for what they can do within their own borders. So technically as long as SHIELD/ATCU doesn't deploy enhanced individuals outside the US then they may be safe.

Old 05-12-2016, 01:15 AM   #71
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Here is my point, if the Accords are a framework for regulating all enhanced individuals, heroes of the Netflix shows can't avoid them forever.

Someone on Agents of SHIELD specifically said a framework for registering all enhanced individuals. That's definitely outside of the Avengers.

- CM Punk
Old 05-12-2016, 10:10 AM   #72
ernesth100
Spidey-Hog

Exactly for now they may be just for the Avengers but it feels inevitable they extend it to street vigilantes like Spidey and DD

#DesignedByTonyStark
Old 05-12-2016, 10:19 AM   #73
Pokkle
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
Here is my point, if the Accords are a framework for regulating all enhanced individuals, heroes of the Netflix shows can't avoid them forever.

Someone on Agents of SHIELD specifically said a framework for registering all enhanced individuals. That's definitely outside of the Avengers.
Yeah, but shield is using his enhanced people like the Avengers on foreign soil to do military/spy/investigation,etc

The Defenders won't go on foreign soil, and aren't an military organization.

And the police, the prosecutor were already trying to arrest vigilantes like The Punisher in DD s2 because it is illegal.

But need to wait till the Spider-man to see how he is treated.

Pokkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 02:59 PM   #74
Random490
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokkle View Post
Yeah, but shield is using his enhanced people like the Avengers on foreign soil to do military/spy/investigation,etc

The Defenders won't go on foreign soil, and aren't an military organization.

And the police, the prosecutor were already trying to arrest vigilantes like The Punisher in DD s2 because it is illegal.

But need to wait till the Spider-man to see how he is treated.
Spider-man may be considered an Avenger now and falls under their protection. Also We don't know if the Accords forces enhanced civilians to register and nothing specific to suggest that. The movie and AoS is really seen in the context of pseudo military combatants. It would be nice if a Defenders series can clear this up but as of now doesn't seem to effect them.

Old 05-12-2016, 04:35 PM   #75
Pokkle
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post

And there was also this on WHIH twitter:

https://twitter.com/WHIHOfficial

"framework for the registration and deployment of enchanced individuals"

It look to concern more military use of these enhanced individuals and not civil.

Pokkle is offline   Reply With Quote